The CBLaxers.com Winter NY Showcases Are Open for Registration w/ Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,346
Posts354,450
Members2,524
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at LI Sports Hub

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Six weeks for $2050..... Geez I thought you guys give at least eight games......

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Six weeks for $2050..... Geez I thought you guys give at least eight games......


Yeah it's expensive - but you are a Rockstar!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree, that is a very expensive for a winter league. Most winter teams are light on rosters, so to ask for out of pocket for 6 games is a lot. The expenses just keep piling up...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to agree, that is a very expensive for a winter league. Most winter teams are light on rosters, so to ask for out of pocket for 6 games is a lot. The expenses just keep piling up...


They'll keep charging if people keep paying

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to agree, that is a very expensive for a winter league. Most winter teams are light on rosters, so to ask for out of pocket for 6 games is a lot. The expenses just keep piling up...


They'll keep charging if people keep paying


Have you seen the HUB? The overheads must be HUUUUUUUGE

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to agree, that is a very expensive for a winter league. Most winter teams are light on rosters, so to ask for out of pocket for 6 games is a lot. The expenses just keep piling up...


They'll keep charging if people keep paying


Have you seen the HUB? The overheads must be HUUUUUUUGE


Does anyone know what Girls travel teams have comitted to playing in the winter league there at this point?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.


Can anyone tell us what girls teams have committed to playing in this league?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.


Can anyone tell us what girls teams have committed to playing in this league?
While BOTC does not have a listing for this event (almost two months of sign-up time remains), you can contact the Sports Hub directly (at the number on the flyer) to get your details.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.


Can anyone tell us what girls teams have committed to playing in this league?


From the lack of response from anyone I am guessing very few. Wonder what people don't like about the place or the league.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
For those interested in the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League, there will be two sessions this winter with starting dates om the weekends of December 7th and January 18th. The Boys Divisions are offering single grade leagues starting with second grade while the Girls Divisions will be two year pairings.

Important to note that when you sign up for this event, the Long Island Sports Hub is only one of two possible facilities where your games will be held with the other listed as the Sports Arena in St. James. Families and teams with travel concerns should be aware of this in their planning.

SESSION 1 – DEC 7TH – JAN 12TH
1.December 7th & 8th
2.December 14th & 15th
3.December 21st & 22nd
4.December 28th & 29th
5.January 4th & 5th
6.January 11th & 12th

SESSION 2 – JAN 18TH – MAR 2ND
1.January 18th & 19th
2.January 25th & 26th
3.February 1st & 2nd
4.February 8th & 9th
5.February 22nd & 23rd
6.March 1st & 2nd

BOYS DIVISIONS
•2nd Grade
•3rd Grade
•4th Grade
•5th Grade
•6th Grade
•7th Grade
•8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

GIRLS DIVISIONS
•3rd/4th Grade
•5th/6th Grade
•7th/8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Important to note that when you sign up for this event, the Long Island Sports Hub is only one of two possible facilities where your games will be held with the other listed as the Sports Arena in St. James. Families and teams with travel concerns should be aware of this in their planning.


Are the JV and Varsity divisions going to play exclusively at the Hub? I don't think the field in the Sports Arena is full length like the Hub's.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you call the league and find out...
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.


Can anyone tell us what girls teams have committed to playing in this league?


From the lack of response from anyone I am guessing very few. Wonder what people don't like about the place or the league.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
For those interested in the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League, there will be two sessions this winter with starting dates om the weekends of December 7th and January 18th. The Boys Divisions are offering single grade leagues starting with second grade while the Girls Divisions will be two year pairings.

Important to note that when you sign up for this event, the Long Island Sports Hub is only one of two possible facilities where your games will be held with the other listed as the Sports Arena in St. James. Families and teams with travel concerns should be aware of this in their planning.



SESSION 1 – DEC 7TH – JAN 12TH
1.December 7th & 8th
2.December 14th & 15th
3.December 21st & 22nd
4.December 28th & 29th
5.January 4th & 5th
6.January 11th & 12th

SESSION 2 – JAN 18TH – MAR 2ND
1.January 18th & 19th
2.January 25th & 26th
3.February 1st & 2nd
4.February 8th & 9th
5.February 22nd & 23rd
6.March 1st & 2nd

BOYS DIVISIONS
•2nd Grade
•3rd Grade
•4th Grade
•5th Grade
•6th Grade
•7th Grade
•8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

GIRLS DIVISIONS
•3rd/4th Grade
•5th/6th Grade
•7th/8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity


I have a 2nd grader looking for a team if anyone is looking

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage

Important to note that when you sign up for this event, the Long Island Sports Hub is only one of two possible facilities where your games will be held with the other listed as the Sports Arena in St. James. Families and teams with travel concerns should be aware of this in their planning.


Are the JV and Varsity divisions going to play exclusively at the Hub? I don't think the field in the Sports Arena is full length like the Hub's.


This is supposed to start in a few weeks - does anyone know what girls teams are registered to play? Some teams I would think would be there told me they are not playing. Any info on this?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Last Call : Winter League Session #1 Begins on the Weekend of December 7th/8th.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BOTC going to be providing a list of teams by age that are playing in session 1 of this league?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is BOTC going to be providing a list of teams by age that are playing in session 1 of this league?


That would be nice - although it has been asked before with no response.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is BOTC going to be providing a list of teams by age that are playing in session 1 of this league?


That would be nice - although it has been asked before with no response.


They will be listed when the schedule comes out in the sports hub website

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Website has the info under winter league

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything on this league? Heard the first 2 weeks schedule are out would like to see a team listing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most 91 team are NOT doing it

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anything on this league? Heard the first 2 weeks schedule are out would like to see a team listing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Weeks 1 and 2

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Decent showing of teams. Seems like it will be worth it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 7th grader looking to play.
2019 grad year long Pole. A player!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a clue why Legacy pulled all their teams out he night before the league started ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have a clue why Legacy pulled all their teams out he night before the league started ?


Probably realized that money spent on practice is better

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems the 2 week schedule has changed. Does anyone have the most current schedule for week 2?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Revised Team Index

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a revised Team Listing, but the schedule listed previously has changed as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a revised Team Listing, but the schedule listed previously has changed as well.
We agree - even Week #1 changed in the 48 hours after our posting. Once we see something regarding Week #2, we will post the details.

Someday, someone is going to have to explain to BOTC how schedules - even teams - participating in a LEAGUE can change in the two days before the opening games. Either this is a LEAGUE - which implies STANDINGS - or it is a loosely coupled set of scrimmages. If it is the latter, BOTC sure would have liked to have known.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Revised Team Index

[Linked Image]

I'm glad our 6th grade team isn't doing this league. Much better off practicing/training than being in a 4 team division. I guess they will be playing the better 5th grade teams also.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Revised Team Index

[Linked Image]

I'm glad our 6th grade team isn't doing this league. Much better off practicing/training than being in a 4 team division. I guess they will be playing the better 5th grade teams also.


Our 6th grade team is doing session 2. There will probably be more 2020 teams for that session. with the combination of grades playing in session 1 it seems like a waste to pay 2K per team to scrimmage with refs.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are all glad your 6th grade team is not participating either, because you sound annoying.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rockstar leagues are terribly run. The schedule always changes and there are no standings which is what a league is all about. My son played in the winter league at the hub last year and it wasn't a rockstar league and it ran much better and had standings on the website.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 2 schedule was released last week and now is nowhere to be found. I assume there will be changes this week to week 2 as well.
They need to get their act together.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe we should get on rockstar to do these things. We are the paying customer.... If not, I say do not register for the 2nd session....

What say you Rockstar? Can you get it together?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The rockstar leagues are terribly run. The schedule always changes and there are no standings which is what a league is all about. My son played in the winter league at the hub last year and it wasn't a rockstar league and it ran much better and had standings on the website.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go to sportshub home page and scroll down. it is there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4