BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
okay, projected regular season finish:

Hawks
NextLevel
Crabs
MadLax
FCA
True
DCE

League MVP - Hawks attackman or NextLevel attackman

I don’t know. I think crabs will do better than you think. Remember they fly in kids for the championship game.

It will be interesting to see how they place this year if they do start losing KC will find some new kids to put on the team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winners/losers this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ghclacrosse posts all the scores pretty quickly and has most up from yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There weren’t many games this weekend. The Hawks won as did 91 beat DCE pretty badly. I suppose the other schools are on spring break and that’s why they didn’t play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There weren’t many games this weekend. The Hawks won as did 91 beat DCE pretty badly. I suppose the other schools are on spring break and that’s why they didn’t play.

Are some of these teams gonna schedule games later?

Some appear to have 5 games and others have 7.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are some of these teams gonna schedule games later?

Some appear to have 5 games and others have 7.

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake better start charging 6k to beat the weakest
Elite teams. Truely a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the teams looked today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs fall results are no fluke - they are definitely legit. Top-4 should be a really good battle between Hawks/NL/ML/Crabs. I would predict they all end up with 1 or 2 losses to each other but none to the bottom 4 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs fall results are no fluke - they are definitely legit. Top-4 should be a really good battle between Hawks/NL/ML/Crabs. I would predict they all end up with 1 or 2 losses to each other but none to the bottom 4 teams.

Correct that none of those four are likely to lose to the other four. But Next Level owns MadLax and Hawks own both of them. Crabs are the only variable.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many crabs starters were out for spring break?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many crabs starters were out for spring break?

What's your point? Crabs have never been particularly strong in 2027, but they beat Next Level, the perennial #2 team in the division. I can't recall Next Level losing a game to anyone besides the Hawks. So Crabs made a statement, and your point is what - they were missing starters and are actually even better than the score suggests. Don't forget that Next Level has a lot of Landon kids who was on spring break so they may not have been full strength either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's running DCE these days? They had one coach and a kid helping out. Warmup and sideline was DIY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's go! True Chesapeake to embarrass themselves at the Navy stadium next sat. Ask for matching helmets,
maybe you'll get something out of this season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's go! True Chesapeake to embarrass themselves at the Navy stadium next sat. Ask for matching helmets,

Why would it ever be embarrassing to lose to Next Level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the score, and the general impression made by True. If it looks like a team thrown together at the last minute with out of state players and still gets killed, that would be embarrasing.

Speaking of Next Level, a great team but always finds a way to self destruct against the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a few minutes of the True Chesapeake - Madlax game this past weekend. True was definitely outmatched, and will likely get beat handily by Next Level, but think they have a shot at vying for 5th or 6th place in the Elite Division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the score, and the general impression made by True. If it looks like a team thrown together at the last minute with out of state players and still gets killed, that would be embarrasing.

Speaking of Next Level, a great team but always finds a way to self destruct against the Hawks.
Thank you, Mama Hawk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a few minutes of the True Chesapeake - Madlax game this past weekend. True was definitely outmatched, and will likely get beat handily by Next Level, but think they have a shot at vying for 5th or 6th place in the Elite Division.

Madlax outmatches a lot of teams. Facts. But True is going to have a tough time always going into the second half down 5 points without an offense that can rally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MadLax has fallen off from the days when they were competitive with the Hawks and Next Level, and they still beat True by 4. True will be battling it out with DCE for the cellar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True puts themselves as a super elite program. Costs more then any other team, delivers less, can't even give matching helmets. That's the joke and the embarrassment. You're getting hosed if you're on that team and it hurts the sport to make parents pay all that for less results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True puts themselves as a super elite program. Costs more then any other team, delivers less, can't even give matching helmets. That's the joke and the embarrassment. You're getting hosed if you're on that team and it hurts the sport to make parents pay all that for less results.

Thanks for the public service announcement - you're a hero to the lacrosse community!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the public service announcement - you're a hero to the lacrosse community!

Good luck with your upcoming losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any surprises after the first part of the HoCo season in Elite and AAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL 2027 0-2 in Elite. In their defense both losses were by a goal to two good teams. Should recover going forward but I assumed they would be 1-1 to start off and with luck would be 2-0.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL 2027 0-2 in Elite. In their defense both losses were by a goal to two good teams. Should recover going forward but I assumed they would be 1-1 to start off and with luck would be 2-0.

They also needed overtime to beat MadLax, which was a bit surprising. But I expect they will rally by playoff time and it will still come down to Hawks/Next Level in the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also needed overtime to beat MadLax, which was a bit surprising. But I expect they will rally by playoff time and it will still come down to Hawks/Next Level in the finals.
Madlax had them down 8-5 late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL has a lot of talent and the games all seem to be close. I have a feeling it will be Hawks and NL in the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they found a way to lose like they always do against NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL has a lot of talent and the games all seem to be close. I have a feeling it will be Hawks and NL in the championship.
Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. True dat. But Madlax is loaded with talent, and finally ditched their daddy coach. I suspect they’ll be competitive with NL, Hawks, and Crabs for the Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Acceptance letters went out so who got the best 27 class. BL, Gilman, STM?

I’d say STM.

They had no choice but to go all in after sub par 25 and 26 classes.

No one should consider Gilman until they replace Henry Smyth the Headmaster and lacrosse coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. True dat. But Madlax is loaded with talent, and finally ditched their daddy coach. I suspect they’ll be competitive with NL, Hawks, and Crabs for the Championship.

what happened to the Daddy coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After he drove away 3-4 key players to NL, they hired someone else. Big improvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to the Daddy coach?[/quote]
After he drove away 3-4 key players to NL, they hired someone else. Big improvement.[/quote]

Not true at all. The head coach, nominally, was changed a couple of years ago. The dad remains the asst, in name only. He is the only voice on the sidelines and runs the team. That said, the team is much improved this year by adding at least 3-4 new starters from outside the immediate area. They could win the league this year with a little luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After he drove away 3-4 key players to NL, they hired someone else. Big improvement.[/quote]

Not true at all. The head coach, nominally, was changed a couple of years ago. The dad remains the asst, in name only. He is the only voice on the sidelines and runs the team. That said, the team is much improved this year by adding at least 3-4 new starters from outside the immediate area. They could win the league this year with a little luck.[/quote]
It is NOT the daddy’s team anymore, he’s at the end of the bench. And he’s a clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True with even more new faces today.
And another loss.
All that airfare, wasted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all. The head coach, nominally, was changed a couple of years ago. The dad remains the asst, in name only. He is the only voice on the sidelines and runs the team. That said, the team is much improved this year by adding at least 3-4 new starters from outside the immediate area. They could win the league this year with a little luck.[/quote]

whipped 13-4 by the Hawks? I'd say they will need more than a little luck. and so long as the Daddy coach is there, the attack will not be very effective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Club scene is slowly crumbling, it was a matter of time. Too many clubs and not enough players. Look what is going on..Sad that youth sports has come to this.

10 years ago, talent was as good with two/three elite clubs, Now everyone is elite,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Club scene is slowly crumbling, it was a matter of time. Too many clubs and not enough players. Look what is going on..Sad that youth sports has come to this.

10 years ago, talent was as good with two/three elite clubs, Now everyone is elite,

the problem isn’t the clubs. The tourney directors who make the rules and set divisions are the problem.

The tournaments and leagues INSIST on 8 teams in the elite division. (There should only be 7 this year) or 4 teams for an “elite” tournament grouping. Most times there aren’t 4 elite teams in a tourney. But they group them that way to ensure 3 games.

It’s the tourney admins and the league directors who are messing it up.

7 of the 8 teams in Hoco Elite this year will give each other games. But the league added an 8th. That team has lost almost every game 15-0. Again, not the club’s fault. Who put that team in the division? The league director.

Otherwise the league has 7 competitive teams. Heck, this weekend, True Chesapeake had FCA down by 3 late and 91 had the Crabs on the ropes all game.

Again, it’s not clubs who are messing up lax, it’s the tourney directors and leagues. Between level of play and age groupings THEY are the ones ruining lacrosse. Not the clubs required to play by those rules.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard