BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 173 of 256 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 255 256
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not from ML or Team 91, but there is a good point here. HoCo should start after spring break so families can be families. Have double headers or go later in May/early June.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to MadLax? I thought they had a game scheduled for this weekend?

Cabell's in his underground bunker researching how he's going to pitch "Yeah we placed 4th/5th in HoCo, but true lax eliteness is really about the fall tournaments! LFG Madlax Monuments Fall 2023.a.1.c!"

Next Level has been eating MadLax's lunch on the on the field and in player movement in the 2024, 2026, and 2027 classes. it's hard to see how it won't happen relatively soon in 2028.
BLC is becoming the main benefactor of Madlax’s decline. They’ve picked up 3-4 of their kids recently, and likely several more on the way. They won’t be going to NL, that 28 team is a dumpster fire on the parent sideline

anyplace where the parent sidelines are a dumpster fire, the MadLax refugees will fit in nicely. By the way, are the players moving from MadLax to BLC starters or backups?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not my son's team but guessing they had to postpone due to not enough bodies b/c of Landon spring break. NL and BLC have a bunch of Landon kids as well but are somehow managing to play weeks 1 and 2. Oh well.

It shouldn't be allowed. Spring break dates are set in stone months prior. Every other team in this league also has spring break at some point or another during the HOCO season. Why does Cabell get to change, postpone, cancel dates? Are the other age group Madlax teams postponing also?

Not enough bodies? Forfeit.

Tons of my sons team are going away during the week... but care enough to be back for the weekend games. Maybe Madlaxs' vacations are just much much nicer than ours.

I'm not a MadLax parent, but seriously? Shouldn't be allowed?

Most families are lucky to get a couple of chances a year to take a vacation together, and as the parent of a high schooler I can assure you that those opportunities only shrink as they get older, especially if they play high school sports. If both teams can find a more convenient time to play, why do you care? If your entire family is planning its life around 7th grade HOCO, you may want to reconsider your priorities.

So you’re saying hoco games can be postponed or re-scheduled?

They couldn't, ever, until last week. In a prior season, my son played in a playoff game where they had a total roster of 14 - and no goalies - because standardized testing for private schools was happening at the same time the league scheduled the playoff game. And our boys lost by 3. End of season. HoCo league was contacted as soon as the game was scheduled and requested a reschedule but that request was denied because "what if we did that for every team with a conflict?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not my son's team but guessing they had to postpone due to not enough bodies b/c of Landon spring break. NL and BLC have a bunch of Landon kids as well but are somehow managing to play weeks 1 and 2. Oh well.

It shouldn't be allowed. Spring break dates are set in stone months prior. Every other team in this league also has spring break at some point or another during the HOCO season. Why does Cabell get to change, postpone, cancel dates? Are the other age group Madlax teams postponing also?

Tons of my sons team are going away during the week... but care enough to be back for the weekend games. Maybe Madlaxs' vacations are just much much nicer than ours.

Most families are lucky to get a couple of chances a year to take a vacation together, and as the parent of a high schooler I can assure you that those opportunities only shrink as they get older, especially if they play high school sports. If both teams can find a more convenient time to play, why do you care? If your entire family is planning its life around 7th grade HOCO, you may want to reconsider your priorities.

So you’re saying hoco games can be postponed or re-scheduled?

They couldn't, ever, until last week. In a prior season, my son played in a playoff game where they had a total roster of 14 - and no goalies - because standardized testing for private schools was happening at the same time the league scheduled the playoff game. And our boys lost by 3. End of season. HoCo league was contacted as soon as the game was scheduled and requested a reschedule but that request was denied because "what if we did that for every team with a conflict?"

Cabell's in his underground bunker researching how he's going to pitch "Yeah we placed 4th/5th in HoCo, but true lax eliteness is really about the fall tournaments! LFG Madlax Monuments Fall 2023.a.1.c!"

Next Level has been eating MadLax's lunch on the on the field and in player movement in the 2024, 2026, and 2027 classes. it's hard to see how it won't happen relatively soon in 2028.

Funny, I claimed the same thing on this forum a month ago and was told, "I knew nothing!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not from ML or Team 91, but there is a good point here. HoCo should start after spring break so families can be families. Have double headers or go later in May/early June.

Catholic schools spring break begins next Thurs/Fri, and Jewish schools are out for Passover during roughly the same time period so I can't imagine a spring league that needs to wrap up by 5/15 starting on 4/20.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC is becoming the main benefactor of Madlax’s decline. They’ve picked up 3-4 of their kids recently, and likely several more on the way. They won’t be going to NL, that 28 team is a dumpster fire on the parent sideline

anyplace where the parent sidelines are a dumpster fire, the MadLax refugees will fit in nicely. By the way, are the players moving from MadLax to BLC starters or backups?
Backups. But they’re the best players on BLC. And the ranks are getting so thin at Madlax, the next departures will be starters. It’s happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why the pregame lineup handshakes stopped?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well looks like fca is a lot of hype. Their defense stinks! Hawks just schooled them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks laid the beatdown on FCA today. FCA needs more holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blc lost one of their best players who almost had every goal for them he went to next level!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 14- FCA 8

Woah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will these cancelled games be made up

Congrats to the Hawks for settling the FCA debate. Appears it was a beat down. Hawks missing their Fogo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the PP, but I care because if every team followed that reasoning, the league would be chaos. Many teams are missing players week to week but they play with who they've got and do their best. Madlax has a history of shady behavior on the sidelines, with rosters, and with scheduling, so in within circles of people who care about 7th grade lacrosse (which I admit is a small subset of the US population, but I assume everyone reading this board is within) this sort of shadiness is both infuriating and comical. that is why people care.
Heard it was 91 who postponed

That's my point -- if one of the team asks to reschedule and the other one is okay with it, who cares? Why are people not involved in that game getting all worked up?

Hope you didn't specially schedule your big trip just to get a lighting stoppage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it here first, Predators will be making some moves to join elite status . Hold on people, this is going to get serious now !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, CM was in Florida with his older boys who play for Landon. The team practiced yesterday but he wasn't there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA was up 5-7 at the half. They'll be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, CM was in Florida with his older boys who play for Landon. The team practiced yesterday but he wasn't there.
Hawks 14- FCA 8

Woah.
Heard one of the FCA holdbacks returned to 2027? Or maybe he was just playing down on 2028 in the fall, which would be an egregious case of cheating if he didn’t actually hold back? Can anyone confirm that? these are 13 year olds chirping, i simply overheard it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it here first, Predators will be making some moves to join elite status . Hold on people, this is going to get serious now !
Troll post but can see this happening if kids from other clubs come over and they form an A and B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have info on the Crabs vs True Chesapeake game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 14- FCA 8

Woah.

FCA with a halftime lead. Hawks had their backup goalie in to start game. Starting goalie played 2nd and dominated. Hawks offense very good in translation and efficient on attack. Fun game to watch with no skin in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he’ll stay in FL. His kids would then have a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've got MAD problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have info on the Crabs vs True Chesapeake game?

True up 4-3 when it got called for weather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 14- FCA 8

Woah.

FCA with a halftime lead. Hawks had their backup goalie in to start game. Starting goalie played 2nd and dominated. Hawks offense very good in translation and efficient on attack. Fun game to watch with no skin in the game.

So…Hawks outscored FCA 9-1 in the second half?!? Would love to hear more about that halftime speech and, more importantly, the adjustments by Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 14- FCA 8

Woah.

So…Hawks outscored FCA 9-1 in the second half?!? Would love to hear more about that halftime speech and, more importantly, the adjustments by Hawks.

Correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 14- FCA 8

Woah.

Correct.

A couple key takeaways from this game. No skin in the game my kid is on another team. I did watch this one from start to finish. FCA had a lot of hype coming in. They are good but not like the hype. They struggled to play as a team and play all 4 quarters. They did own the X but that was about it. Important to note Kelly was not coaching this game. Hawks are good. The difference is they have MIAA potential talent at all 4 position groups. Their goalie is the best around. They have a pole that is huge difference maker. They have a highly skilled two way middle, and two attack men that can ball. All be it the one is all right handed. I’m not saying they are ready today for that level play so don’t blow a gasket but have the skills to be impact players at that level someday. Overall it was a good game with tons of talent. The rematch will be interesting with Kelly back on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why people care if ML has bi-weeks to make the schedule work. First, it wouldn't happen if the other teams didn't OK'd it. II know for a fact NL was looking to do the same thing. So it is what it is. Finally, ML will be coming into the season not really having played any games. If you are an ML-hater wouldn't you want that? I don't have a dog in the fight but know a lot of ML parents and they aren't too psyched about missing several weeks of games for a bunch of the reasons expressed on this page. fwiw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the teams look, I thought true was gonna get destroyed by crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same here but from the one quarter I saw the two teams looked more or less equal, and as written above True was leading by a goal when they stopped the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same here but from the one quarter I saw the two teams looked more or less equal, and as written above True was leading by a goal when they stopped the game.

True is FLYING in players for their 2027 and 2028 teams to play in HOCO. Desperate move and a terrible precedent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard true is staying “true” to their word and they are letting kids fly in to play. 5 from Chicago last week. I’m sure the local parents are pumped! “We train harder” (in other states to worry you’re not gonna get the PT you thought you were. True is the worst!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True is FLYING in players for their 2027 and 2028 teams to play in HOCO. Desperate move and a terrible precedent.

Love it! HoCo's elite division is one of the most competitive and best run youth leagues in the country. If a kid is good enough and his family is willing to invest the time and money to get him there, let him play! It will be stronger competition all around and will beat teams like Madlax at their own game. If local True families don't like it they can find another team. Lord knows there are a ton of options. Win win for everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard true is staying “true” to their word and they are letting kids fly in to play. 5 from Chicago last week. I’m sure the local parents are pumped! “We train harder” (in other states to worry you’re not gonna get the PT you thought you were. True is the worst!
Who cares? They’re absolutely dismal without those out if towners, you should want as many competitive games as possible for your sons. Or would you rather enjoy watching your sons Crabs team beat True 15-1? Those games are a complete waste of time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s wrong with that? Madlax adjusted their schedule so they can fly in kids for games in late April when other states have their spring break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've got MAD problems.

Yawn..

Hawks beat them 20-3 last year, 20-3 in the regular season and then lost 8-7 in the playoffs.

I imagine FCA will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're this upset now, you sure aren't going to enjoy showing up to high level HS tournaments. And it won't be the easy target of We Drink More, it will be your son's own club/coach bringing in 17 year old 9th graders from God knows where.

And if they don't then pat yourself on the back and enjoy the Aloha tournaments with Breakers and Zingos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True parent here: have trained with and competed against several of the other ELITE Programs. Believe me, it is a SMALL world.
True coaching (general and positional) has been outstanding. We also play for a national team and just participated in the WS. No doubt has gotten the best reps imaginable against the BEST national and local teams: rhinos, red hots, basically everyone in the top ten and some more than once. Have played against hold backs, double hold backs, fly ins and just about everything else. Yes, the out of towners are adding, and they are legit. Yes, makes everyone anxious about PT, including my son! And you bet your [Censored] that he's stepped up his game. Fact is, it is earlier than I hoped to see this kind of pressure,AND there is no doubt he's seeing and PLAYING with the best at this age group in country. It's a blast to see players from out of town that we are getting to know from the national teams. And, if you think national teams are a waste of money, tell that to JM3, rhinos, red hots, etc etc. These are some of best players--- just check the rankings! And regarding the effort, we have friends who work side jobs to get their kids to travel and have this experience. So, we should be proud of those kids and families who just LOVE and LIVE the sport! Good luck with all the rest of your teams and play hard!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True parent here: have trained with and competed against several of the other ELITE Programs. Believe me, it is a SMALL world.
True coaching (general and positional) has been outstanding. We also play for a national team and just participated in the WS. No doubt has gotten the best reps imaginable against the BEST national and local teams: rhinos, red hots, basically everyone in the top ten and some more than once. Have played against hold backs, double hold backs, fly ins and just about everything else. Yes, the out of towners are adding, and they are legit. Yes, makes everyone anxious about PT, including my son! And you bet your [Censored] that he's stepped up his game. Fact is, it is earlier than I hoped to see this kind of pressure,AND there is no doubt he's seeing and PLAYING with the best at this age group in country. It's a blast to see players from out of town that we are getting to know from the national teams. And, if you think national teams are a waste of money, tell that to JM3, rhinos, red hots, etc etc. These are some of best players--- just check the rankings! And regarding the effort, we have friends who work side jobs to get their kids to travel and have this experience. So, we should be proud of those kids and families who just LOVE and LIVE the sport! Good luck with all the rest of your teams and play hard!

True homer. Sadly will be last place in HOCO. And definitely won't win a big tournament this summer. Keep dreaming though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True homer. Sadly will be last place in HOCO. And definitely won't win a big tournament this summer. Keep dreaming though!

You're a bitter little hammerhead, aren't ya - way to stay positive there, sporto

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s wrong with that? Madlax adjusted their schedule so they can fly in kids for games in late April when other states have their spring break.
What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
Page 173 of 256 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 255 256
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard