BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 114 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone explain WHY the IAAM refuses to have playoffs for JV girl sports? What is IAAM reasoning? Is it up to the AD’s of the schools or is this an IAAM issue? A little unfair to have boys JV have playoff games but girls are not given the same opportunity. Anyone have an answer?

You should start a FB page just for girls lacrosse! Sounds like a great idea for a platform

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain WHY the IAAM refuses to have playoffs for JV girl sports? What is IAAM reasoning? Is it up to the AD’s of the schools or is this an IAAM issue? A little unfair to have boys JV have playoff games but girls are not given the same opportunity. Anyone have an answer?

You should start a FB page just for girls lacrosse! Sounds like a great idea for a platform

Take some initiative and contact IAAM,

IAAM • Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland • P.O. Box 840 • Pasadena, Maryland 21123-0840

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately for the girls that play, JV is an afterthought for most high schools. Not many schools spend any time or money on the JV team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV playoffs are not the norm. I'd say most leagues do not have JV playoffs for boys or girls for any sport.

Not true! MIAA has playoffs for JV and a championship game for fresh/Soph teams.

Like I said, MOST leagues. You've named one.

Lol someone wants TShirt Will JV champs on it
Not at all!! But I bet if your daughter won the JV championship you would 100% be wearing it. Instead of giving a helpful comment don’t comment it’s not a good look for you or your daughter. Simply asking WHY the IAAM has JV girls not playing in championship games. Maybe a lawsuit will wake them up.

You sound like a pleasant person. A law suit for girls JV lacrosse playoffs. Think about that for a second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garrison lost to Glenelg by 1?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Anything else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Georgetown Visitation beat McD by one…….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is more surprising, that or MCD losing to Georgetown visitation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD lost to Visitation by 1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD lost to Visitation by 1?
🦗🦗🦗

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What? It’s not that big of a surprise….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To goalie dad it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To goalie dad it is.

Give it a rest and find a new obsession

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Censored] and even re-class. They will be key players at Bryn Mawr and other schools next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't mean schools shouldn't pay attention. NDP has a stacked 2026 class and will lose a number of players cuz of the dumpster fire JV program. Kids looking to jump ship and even re-class. They will be key players at Bryn Mawr and other schools next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Daughter is crushing it so far at MP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is so RUDE. Having had three daughters and one son go through the IAAM and MIAA, the boys are definitely treated differently. I get they command more money for the school, but I agree - the girls do deserve to have a play-off. If it truly is because of not taking stats, then that is understandable and should be fixed. However, this is high school and not every girl is going to make it to D1 lax or may not make it to Varsity in their school. And for all those that want to make a comment about me being a JV mom, my 2 girls in college have made it to D1 and started freshman year. I just see the JV girls working just as hard and loving the game. Everyone needs to respect the girls no matter what level they play at— they are out there working each day also. I absolutely don’t agree with a trophy for all—hence a play-off, etc. They at least get to compete until the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone even know what JV teams are good? This year a couple of schools don’t even have JV teams. It is all about preparing them for Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The IAAM and MIAA are separate organizations with different members, albeit many coed schools are in each. They have separate policies. I'm sure if enough ADs in the IAAM fought for it, it would be there. I just don't think it is a priority.

Like many posters said, the MIAA policy is the exception, not the norm. MPSSAA doesn't have JV playoffs and don't think any counties do either. Once the JV season is over, the few team members that can be moved up, are moved up for varsity playoffs. The point of JV is to prepare the kids to make varsity, that season in the varsity playoffs or the next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of a few exceptions, there are a lot of competitive games on the books tomorrow.
Mcd vs Spalding
Spsg vs Maryvale
Severn vs Mount de sales
St Mary’s vs a Roland park
Garrison vs John carrol

Nothing against the other 2 games(Gcs vs mercy and NDP vs Gerstell) but the above seem to line up to be competitive. Looking forward to hear the outcomes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7
Severn over Mount de sales 10-5
Roland Park over St Mary’s 9-3
Garrison over John Carroll 9-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to say that NDP broke McDonogh’s undefeated streak. Is anyone excited about this today? Do any kids currently in HS or headed to HS care?

NDP’s lax website is about as current and fresh as their head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NDP did break the streak but there loss against GCS by 10 says a lot.. All there tough games are yet to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to say that NDP broke McDonogh’s undefeated streak. Is anyone excited about this today? Do any kids currently in HS or headed to HS care?

NDP’s lax website is about as current and fresh as their head coach.
Wow, your day must be really boring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about Girls lacrosse. Kinda like WNBA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about Girls lacrosse. Kinda like WNBA

lol, says the guy on a girls lacrosse messageboard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of a few exceptions, there are a lot of competitive games on the books tomorrow.
Mcd vs Spalding
Spsg vs Maryvale
Severn vs Mount de sales
St Mary’s vs a Roland park
Garrison vs John carrol

Nothing against the other 2 games(Gcs vs mercy and NDP vs Gerstell) but the above seem to line up to be competitive. Looking forward to hear the outcomes

Results trickling in.

JC over GF by 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7

John Carroll over Garrison 10-9. Garrison’s defense runs it up the entire field without moving the ball, trying to run through 4-5 girls. Garrison’s offense runs through 2 girls who only pass to each other. I would be looking for another school if my daughter went there. It did not seem like the coaches were doing much to stop this from happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7

John Carroll over Garrison 10-9. Garrison’s defense runs it up the entire field without moving the ball, trying to run through 4-5 girls. Garrison’s offense runs through 2 girls who only pass to each other. I would be looking for another school if my daughter went there. It did not seem like the coaches were doing much to stop this from happening.

GFS has been like the past 2-3 years. They (along w/ NDP) are going to have an exodus. GCS has resorted to this type of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS 6-5 over Mercy? Can someone explain how this was such a tight game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how did those predictions work out yesterday? smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9. Wrong winner
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7. 9-8 actual
Severn over Mount de sales 10-5. Pretty accurate
Roland Park over St Mary’s 9-3 wrong winner
wrong winner

2/5 and only 1 close.
Don’t quit your day job Mr lax expert.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm puzzled by GCS only beating Mercy 6-5...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7

GFS has been like the past 2-3 years. They (along w/ NDP) are going to have an exodus. GCS has resorted to this type of play.

GFS coach is leaving after this season. Girls on the team are not happy with the selfishness of the two girls and it is definitely causing a divide on the team. The coach seems to be checked out and doesn’t address them and their non-team efforts. Games are lost when teams don’t work together. I wouldn’t be surprised to see girls, who would be key players if they were allowed to be more involved, going elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7

The twins?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls are migrating to St. Paul’s and McDonogh. However, teams always have there few favorites that they play. You see many talented girls sitting on the bench. Just know before you go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions
Spalding over McD 12-9
SPSG over Maryvale 14-7

The twins?

☝️☝️☝️👍

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those twins are phenomenal. would look good on other teams. Maryvale?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those twins are phenomenal. would look good on other teams. Maryvale?

Nobody would argue with you about them being phenomenal. I have heard the issue is they are not team players and that they would help GFS win more games if they didn’t try to run the same two plays that they have run for years on their club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The twins are probably the reason GFS is even competitive, let them leave and watch GFS fall right back to the bottom

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 114 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard