BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW and Cuse definitely separating themselves from the rest of the top 10. Both have solid defenses and on the offense end they run very good sets to create offense and opportunities. I just had a chance to flip through the BC and UNC games. Both have a lot of work to do on offensive end to compete with BC and SU. 1v1 everywhere don’t work against top teams.

I think NW and Cuse will be two left standing.

Lots of lax to play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The mighty Stanford Cardinals are 3-4 with loses to Colorado and U of Albany. yeah..program is well on it's way to irrelevancy in 2-3 years.

They beat Albany...at least get your facts right before crowing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mighty Stanford Cardinals are 3-4 with loses to Colorado and U of Albany. yeah..program is well on it's way to irrelevancy in 2-3 years.

They beat Albany...at least get your facts right before crowing...

Lol, unless your daughter plays for NU or Cuse, you have ugly losses, so slow down. Let the girls play, and improve as the season goes. Stanford will never be irrelevant and will likely win their conference and make the tournament most years. They do need to take the next step, which they may or may not do. It won’t be due to lack of talent. At the end of the day, the girls will walk away with a life changing degree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW and Cuse definitely separating themselves from the rest of the top 10. Both have solid defenses and on the offense end they run very good sets to create offense and opportunities. I just had a chance to flip through the BC and UNC games. Both have a lot of work to do on offensive end to compete with BC and SU. 1v1 everywhere don’t work against top teams.

I think NW and Cuse will be two left standing.

Lots of lax to play.
Cuse only beat NW by 1 - so the Cuse/UNC game will be interesting. As long as Cuse continues to stay healthy (losing their DC didn't seem to be an issue against Duke).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where is the “did she steal your daughters boyfriend “ poster today . She should have treated the ball today like she treated all those other girls boyfriends . A seasons worth of turnovers in one game has to be some sort of record .

Facts over feelings… In BC’s 3 losses, said player has 4 goals, 3 assists and 12 turnovers. Elite players show-up in the biggest games and it is fair to say that has not happened yet this season.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to BC? They’re falling apart. Missing North bad! New #1 in town Northwestern, and we’ll deserved!

Did we not forget someone ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the refs are not consistent. Watching the games the amount of check towards the body and cross checking that is being done in women’s lacrosse is fool. It is getting worse and worse.

It is clear poke and slap checking. Allow it everywhere is your going to allow it. It is becoming a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the refs are not consistent. Watching the games the amount of check towards the body and cross checking that is being done in women’s lacrosse is fool. It is getting worse and worse.

It is clear poke and slap checking. Allow it everywhere is your going to allow it. It is becoming a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where is the “did she steal your daughters boyfriend “ poster today . She should have treated the ball today like she treated all those other girls boyfriends . A seasons worth of turnovers in one game has to be some sort of record .

Most likely you got banned for being creepy, stalking some kid and talking about her " scoring" on prom night is creepy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Princeton ranked ahead of Penn State now? These rankings are a joke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely you got banned for being creepy, stalking some kid and talking about her " scoring" on prom night is creepy .

Nope. Not it. And to give you reference about it. Some mother was trashing BS last year. All I said was what are you upset Belle stole your daughters prom date. It was a sarcastic remark. And then the mother kinda insinuated it to be true. 🤷🏻‍♂️. I got banned after saying Stanford shouldn’t be ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Where is the “did she steal your daughters boyfriend “ poster today . She should have treated the ball today like she treated all those other girls boyfriends . A seasons worth of turnovers in one game has to be some sort of record .

So you dont find the reference to a high school girls "scoring" on prom night to be creepy. I doubt you got banned by saying Stanford shouldn't be ranked as even the fool Stanford dads can't still believe tehy should be ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Princeton ranked ahead of Penn State now? These rankings are a joke

Who cares about coaches polls? Computer rankings are used by NCAA committe and only ones that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Where is the “did she steal your daughters boyfriend “ poster today . She should have treated the ball today like she treated all those other girls boyfriends . A seasons worth of turnovers in one game has to be some sort of record .

So you dont find the reference to a high school girls "scoring" on prom night to be creepy. I doubt you got banned by saying Stanford shouldn't be ranked as even the fool Stanford dads can't still believe tehy should be ranked.[/quote

You missed it. The original posts were over a year ago. Look back. Mother accused me of being Belle Smiths mother. That’s where the prom thing comes into. Go back and look. It wasn’t creepy. Your taking it out of context.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Where is the “did she steal your daughters boyfriend “ poster today . She should have treated the ball today like she treated all those other girls boyfriends . A seasons worth of turnovers in one game has to be some sort of record .

So you dont find the reference to a high school girls "scoring" on prom night to be creepy. I doubt you got banned by saying Stanford shouldn't be ranked as even the fool Stanford dads can't still believe tehy should be ranked.[/quote

You missed it. The original posts were over a year ago. Look back. Mother accused me of being Belle Smiths mother. That’s where the prom thing comes into. Go back and look. It wasn’t creepy. Your taking it out of context.

And I don’t think I was banned because of the Stanford post. That’s when I got banned. My last post was about Stanford. Probably not banned. I switched internet providers in my house. I’m imagining it had something to do with that. But no. It’s a sarcastic comment. They hated that BS had a successful sophomore year and there was back and forth about it. Now they are floating because she had a bad game. Didn’t hear them talking last week when she dominated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Not_Belles_Mommy

And I don’t think I was banned because of the Stanford post. That’s when I got banned. My last post was about Stanford. Probably not banned. I switched internet providers in my house. I’m imagining it had something to do with that. But no. It’s a sarcastic comment. They hated that BS had a successful sophomore year and there was back and forth about it. Now they are floating because she had a bad game. Didn’t hear them talking last week when she dominated.

I really don’t think anyone’s name should ever be mentioned here, especially by someone anonymously, it’s just cowardly and wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – March 20

Middlebury remains atop the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll in Week 4, remaining unbeaten through the NESCAC’s first three weeks of play, most recently topping Trinity College in dominant fashion. Washington and Lee jumped into the No. 2 position after topping Tufts 16-5 on Saturday to move to 7-0 while TCNJ stayed put as No. 3.

William Smith and Salisbury traded spots, coming in at No. 5 and No. 6, respectively after William Smith knocked off the Sea Gulls this weekend.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Middlebury (5 - 0) 818 (30) 1
2 Washington and Lee (7 - 0) 786 (3) 4
3 TCNJ (6 - 0) 753 3
4 Tufts (3 - 1) 709 2
5 William Smith (5 - 0) 689 6
6 Salisbury (5 - 2) 662 5
7 Franklin & Marshall (4 - 2) 589 8
8 Wesleyan (5 - 1) 587 7
9 Gettysburg (3 - 3) 552 9
10 York (3 - 2) 486 10
11 Messiah (5 - 1) 457 14
12 Colby (2 - 3) 446 12
13 Ithaca (5 - 2) 405 11
14 Chicago (5 - 0) 399 16
15 Cortland (3 - 2) 323 13
16 Bowdoin (2 - 3) 304 15
17 Trinity (CT) (4 - 1) 276 17
18 Roanoke (6 - 1) 258 18
19 Amherst (4 - 1) 231 23
20 Williams (4 - 1) 216 24
21 Pomona-Pitzer (8 - 1) 190 20
22 St. Lawrence (2 - 2) 158 19
23 Hamilton (2 - 3) 125 22
24 Catholic (2 - 5) 101 21
25 Stevens (7 - 0) 75 NR
RV St. John Fisher, Geneseo, Kenyon, Colorado College, Christopher Newport

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – March 20

There is another new No. 1 in Division II this week, as undefeated West Chester bumped two spots into the top slot. Regis followed, jumping five spots from the No. 7 position a week ago after upsetting UIndy 14-12.

Pace, UIndy, and Le Moyne round out the Top 5, while Florida Southern dropped from the No. 2 position after falling to Bentley on Saturday.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

1 West Chester (6 - 0) 693 (22) 3
2 Regis (CO) (6 - 0) 637 (1) 7
3 Pace (4 - 1) 625 (4) 6
4 UIndy (8 - 1) 616 (1) 1
5 Le Moyne (4 - 1) 588 5
6 Florida Southern (8 - 1) 579 2
7 Tampa (7 - 2) 524 4
8 Rollins (9 - 0) 516 9
9 Adelphi (3 - 2) 490 8
10 Wingate (7 - 2) 401 12
11 East Stroudsburg (5 - 1) 393 10
12 Mercy (3 - 4) 366 13
13 Lynn (9 - 1) 363 14
14 Bentley (5 - 1) 331 21
15 Flagler (7 - 1) 319 15
16 Grand Valley (4 - 4) 287 11
17 Assumption (4 - 1) 253 16
18 Embry-Riddle (8 - 1) 219 17
19 Saint Leo (6 - 2) 182 18
20 New Haven (3 - 2) 177 20
21 Maryville (10 - 0) 156 NR
22 Seton Hill (4 - 3) 131 19
23 Saint Anselm (6 - 0) 94 23
24 Colorado Mesa (3 - 1) 63 24
25 Southern New Hampshire (4 - 1) 24 NR
RV Mount Olive, Florida Tech, Mercyhurst, Roberts Wesleyan, Saint Rose

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – March 20

There are major shakeups in the Top 5 teams of the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll — including a new No. 1.

Syracuse and Northwestern moved into the No. 1 and No. 2 spots, respectively, after the Wildcats took down North Carolina on Sunday afternoon. The Orange beat the Wildcats to start the season on Feb. 11.

North Carolina, which had gone more than 1,000 days since its last regular-season loss, was No. 1 in the poll since Week 6 of 2022. It is the first time a team other than UNC or BC is No. 1 since 2019.

Syracuse and Denver remain as the two remaining undefeated teams in the Top 10, as Denver pulled off a big win over Boston College, moving the Pioneers up two spots into the No. 4 position, while the Eagles dropped to No. 7.

James Madison rounds out the Top 5, winning its eighth-straight game and first in its new conference over Florida on Saturday.

1 Syracuse (9 - 0) 593 (19) 2
2 Northwestern (8 - 1) 581 (5) 3
3 North Carolina (7 - 1) 551 1
4 Denver (9 - 0) 517 6
5 James Madison (8 - 1) 480 7
6 Stony Brook (5 - 1) 476 5
7 Boston College (6 - 3) 467 4
8 Florida (5 - 3) 406 8
9 Loyola (6 - 2) 400 9
10 Maryland (7 - 3) 387 11
11 Notre Dame (6 - 2) 363 12
12 Virginia (7 - 2) 314 10
13 Army (8 - 0) 300 13
14 Yale (6 - 2) 294 16
15 Michigan (7 - 4) 217 17
16 UMass (8 - 1) 186 20
17 Princeton (3 - 3) 181 14
18 Duke (4 - 5) 159 15
18 USC (6 - 2) 159 18
20 Penn State (7 - 2) 156 25
21 Jacksonville (5 - 4) 121 19
22 Clemson (8 - 3) 96 24
23 Rutgers (4 - 4) 89 22
24 Penn (4 - 2) 76 23
25 Navy (7 - 2) 71 NR
RV Stanford, Richmond, UConn, Johns Hopkins, Louisville

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
My annual message to all, a bit later in the season then in the past, is to keep the comments lacrosse related and not malicious.

Some thoughts per division. D1, to me, is a two team horse race with Syracuse and Northwestern. Not that anyone can can knock off anyone else come tournament time (Purdue in men’s basketball and FDU) but I think those are the teams to beat.

D2 shows how far the sport has come geographically. So many teams from outside the “traditional” lacrosse areas. Great to see.

D3 dominated by the NESCAC once again. Nine teams in the IWLCA poll. As we know polls mean nothing come tournament time as regional ranking take precedent. As a conference they are by far the most competitive.

I’ll reiterate lets keep the comments within lacrosse related matters.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Gretchen Gilmore – Pennsylvania State University

Gilmore had a major offensive performance in both of No. 25 Penn State’s wins this week, including a 13-12 victory over Towson University and a 16-14 win against No. 14 Princeton. She scored four goals and two assists against Towson en route to her first hat trick of the season. She recorded a double hat trick against the Tigers with her final two goals of the day proving to be the game-winners for the Nittany Lions. Gilmore also picked up one ground ball and caused two turnovers as well. Penn State moved to No. 20 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll.

Izzy Scane – Northwestern University

Scane and the Wildcats defeated the No. 1 team in the country that had not lost in over 40 regular season games. Taking down the University of North Carolina, 13-9, Scane led the ‘Cats with four goals, an assist, a ground ball and caused a turnover. The victory was No. 3 Northwestern's first over UNC since 2014 and the Tar Heels' first regular season loss since 2019. It was also the Wildcats' first win over a No. 1 ranked team since 2019. With the win, Northwestern bumped up to the No. 2 ranking in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll. Scane currently leads the country as well as her team in goals with 46.

Defensive Player of the Week

Bryn McCaughey – University of Denver

McCaughey totaled seven caused turnovers, four ground balls and one draw control over two games last week. She also scored the second goal of her career in No. 6 University of Denver’s win over the University of Delaware. McCaughey now averages 2.33 caused turnovers per game, which ranks 9th among all NCAA Division I players. The undefeated 9-0 Pioneers are now No. 4 in the country in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week ­

Minnie Bittell – Northern Michigan University

Bittell netted five goals on six shots in Northern Michigan University’s 13-11 victory over Concordia University-Saint Paul. She became Northern Michigan’s all-time leading goal-scorer, with 112 in her career. She also added two ground balls, two caused turnovers, and five draw controls.

Ashlee Wargo – Bentley University

Wargo helped lead Bentley to two overtime wins over ranked teams this past week, defeating No. 2 Florida Southern, 13-12, and No. 18 Saint Leo, 17-16. The sophomore goalie recorded a combined 24 saves for the week.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Gianna Bruno – Colby College

Bruno tallied a combined five goals and eight assists to go with seven ground balls and four caused turnovers last week. The senior attacker scored three goals and three assists in a victory over previously unbeaten No. 7 Wesleyan University. She registered a season-high five assists and scored twice in the win over Plymouth State University. Bruno’s six points against Wesleyan mark the most the Cardinals have allowed to a single player this season.

Walker McKnight – Washington and Lee University

McKnight recorded a career-best five goals off six shots and went 3-3 from the hashes to lead the No. 4 Generals to a 16-5 win over No. 2 Tufts University. The win pushed Washington and Lee to the No. 2 slot in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division III rankings.

Caroline Kranich – Washington and Lee University

Kranich made a career-high 13 saves in the No. 4 Generals win over No. 2 Tufts. The junior goalkeeper held the Jumbos to just four goals off of 14 free positions and conceded only one goal during settled attack. She made six stops in the second quarter alone and allowed Washington and Lee to go on a 10-0 run from the second to the fourth quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC does not look even close to what they were ,I know everyone attributes it to the loss of CN but I think it may have more to do with the absence of their most valuable player this year due to injury. Seems like no one has noticed what a difference she makes. Watching Duke play this year is brutal and the me ball by the superstar has to be brutal as a teammate , the forces and turnovers while controlling the draw have to be difficult as a fan to deal with.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – March 27

Women’s DI lacrosse was as steady as can be this past week.

The Top 10 teams are the same in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll. Syracuse is the clear No. 1 and gained every first-place vote. Northwestern, North Carolina, Denver and James Madison, respectively, keep their pace in the Top 5.

The Orange (11-0) beat Stony Brook and Louisville within the past week, while Northwestern earned wins against Johns Hopkins and Stanford.

The first change is Virginia and Notre Dame flip-flopping at 11 and 12 after the Cavaliers beat the Fighting Irish on Saturday. Then, there are minor shifts with Penn State rising two spots to 18, and Penn and Navy each bumping up one.

1 Syracuse (11 - 0) 525 (21) 1
2 Northwestern (10 - 1) 503 2
3 North Carolina (9 - 1) 482 3
4 Denver (10 - 0) 458 4
5 James Madison (10 - 1) 439 5
6 Stony Brook (6 - 2) 402 6
7 Boston College (7 - 3) 395 7
8 Florida (7 - 3) 375 8
9 Loyola (7 - 2) 369 9
10 Maryland (8 - 3) 336 10
11 Virginia (8 - 3) 320 12
12 Notre Dame (6 - 3) 283 11
13 Army (9 - 0) 257 13
14 Yale (7 - 2) 235 14
15 Michigan (9 - 4) 213 15
16 UMass (10 - 1) 196 16
17 Princeton (4 - 3) 164 17
18 Penn State (9 - 2) 156 20
19 USC (8 - 2) 146 18
20 Duke (6 - 5) 139 18
21 Jacksonville (5 - 5) 105 21
22 Clemson (9 - 4) 76 22
23 Penn (5 - 3) 71 24
24 Navy (8 - 2) 65 25
25 Rutgers (4 - 5) 29 23
RV Richmond, UConn, Johns Hopkins, Stanford, Towson

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – March 27

West Chester remains No. 1 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll for the second-straight week.

The Rams pulled away from Bloomsburg en route to a decisive win.

Pace is on their heels after earning a win verse NE10 foe Le Moyne for the first time in program history. The Setters received five first-place votes.

Regis (Colo.), UIndy and Florida Southern follow in the Top 5.

1 West Chester (8 - 0) 556 (17) 1
2 Pace (6 - 1) 539 (5) 3
3 Regis (CO) (7 - 0) 529 2
4 UIndy (10 - 1) 500 4
5 Florida Southern (9 - 1) 488 (1) 6
6 Tampa (9 - 2) 443 7
7 Rollins (10 - 0) 418 8
8 Le Moyne (5 - 2) 406 5
9 Adelphi (5 - 2) 364 9
10 Wingate (9 - 2) 356 10
11 Lynn (9 - 1) 321 13
12 Bentley (6 - 1) 314 14
13 Mercy (4 - 4) 296 12
14 East Stroudsburg (6 - 2) 276 11
15 Flagler (9 - 1) 246 15
16 Assumption (4 - 3) 226 17
17 Grand Valley (5 - 4) 219 16
18 Embry-Riddle (8 - 1) 188 18
19 Saint Leo (8 - 2) 177 19
20 New Haven (4 - 3) 141 20
21 Maryville (11 - 0) 138 21
22 Saint Anselm (7 - 0) 87 23
23 Seton Hill (6 - 3) 80 22
24 Southern New Hampshire (6 - 1) 43 25
25 Mercyhurst (2 - 5) 22 NR
RV Colorado Mesa, Mount Olive, Florida Tech, Limestone, Kutztown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC does not look even close to what they were ,I know everyone attributes it to the loss of CN but I think it may have more to do with the absence of their most valuable player this year due to injury. Seems like no one has noticed what a difference she makes. Watching Duke play this year is brutal and the me ball by the superstar has to be brutal as a teammate , the forces and turnovers while controlling the draw have to be difficult as a fan to deal with.

Wow, thank you for such an insightful post. What would the rest of us do without such words of wisdom?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – March 27

Middlebury is 8-0 and the decisive No. 1 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll.

Washington and Lee and TCNJ remain two and three, while William Smith and Tufts switch spots to make up the Top 5.

Big moves this week include Trinity moving up to 14 from 17, as well as Williams College who shifted up three spots to the 17th position. Kenyon (23) and St. John Fisher enter the Top 25 after receiving votes.

1 Middlebury (8 - 0) 575 (23) 1
2 Washington and Lee (8 - 1) 522 2
3 TCNJ (7 - 1) 521 3
4 William Smith (7 - 0) 495 5
5 Tufts (5 - 1) 491 4
6 Salisbury (6 - 3) 450 6
7 Wesleyan (6 - 1) 416 8
8 York (5 - 2) 406 10
9 Franklin & Marshall (5 - 2) 389 7
10 Gettysburg (5 - 3) 363 9
11 Messiah (7 - 1) 339 11
12 Colby (4 - 3) 315 12
13 Ithaca (7 - 2) 276 13
14 Trinity (CT) (5 - 2) 239 17
15 Bowdoin (3 - 4) 216 16
16 Chicago (5 - 2) 214 14
17 Williams (6 - 1) 194 20
18 Amherst (5 - 1) 187 19
19 Roanoke (7 - 1) 179 18
20 Cortland (4 - 3) 156 15
21 Pomona-Pitzer (9 - 1) 140 21
22 Hamilton (4 - 4) 71 23
23 Kenyon (9 - 0) 68 NR
24 St. John Fisher (5 - 1) 56 NR
25 St. Lawrence (3 - 4) 48 22
RV Stevens, Catholic, Washington College, Shenandoah, Skidmore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, thank you for such an insightful post. What would the rest of us do without such words of wisdom?
I am pretty positive you would be doing the same thing you have been doing the whole season , watching your Duke player only care about her stats playing me ball all the while turning it over again and again and again. Sorry if you did not think it insightful to point out how much BC misses a player who does not get much fan fare or play like a ball hog.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Erin Coykendall – Northwestern University

Coykendall scored a combined 11 goals and five assists in No. 2 Northwestern’s pair of wins over Johns Hopkins University and Stanford University. She had a career-high five goals against the Blue Jays but broke that mark with a new high of six against the Cardinal. She added five assists to her offensive numbers as well. Northwestern is currently on a 10-game win streak and will face No. 18 Penn State this Thursday at home.

Lizzie Yurchak – University of Delaware

Yurchak recorded a career-high six goals against Monmouth University, including the game-tying goal with 14 seconds remaining in regulation and the game-winner in overtime. Delaware's 13-12 comeback victory from down 9-4 was its largest since 2019.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Kat Buchanan – James Madison University

Buchanan boasted a career-high 12 saves as No. 5 James Madison defeated No. 12 University of Virginia, 10-8. Her .600 save percentage against UVA is marked as a career-high for a full game for Buchanan. The senior allowed just one goal in the first half against Temple University and finished the game with a .529 save percentage to hold the Owls below 10 goals. Buchanan has held nine opponents below 10 goals this season and has registered eight games with a .500 or better save percentage. Buchanan was named the American Athletic Conference Goalkeeper of the Week this past Monday. This is Buchanan’s second IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Ellie Hollin – Pennsylvania State University

Hollin had major defensive contributions to both of No. 20 Penn State's wins this week. In a dominating 13-3 win over Ohio State University, Hollin helped the defense record a first half shutout, holding her man, the Buckeyes leading scorer, to only one goal throughout the entire game. She also posted five ground balls, five caused turnovers and one draw control against the Buckeyes. In the 15-12 win over the University of Pittsburgh, she held the Panthers' leading scorer to just one goal and added one ground ball, one caused turnover and two draw controls. Penn State has shifted up two slots to the No. 18 position in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I poll.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week ­

Aleya Corretjer – Pace University

Corretjer tallied 13 points on eight goals and four assists in a 2-0 week for No. 3 Pace, which included a 16-5 win over No. 5 Le Moyne in NE10 play. She recorded nine points (five goals, three assists) in the win over the Dolphins, while racking up four points - including a hat trick - in an 18-11 win over Southern Connecticut State University. She added two ground balls, two draw controls and one caused turnover this week. Pace has now moved into the No. 2 position in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division II rankings.

Grace Frasso – West Chester University

Frasso played an integral role on a defense that held two opponents, one of those being No. 11 ranked East Stroudsburg University, to just five goals each in a pair of wins. Part of that effort included holding All-America midfielder Emily Mitarotonda from ESU to just two points (1G, 1A) in a 16-5 win. Additionally, Frasso helped the No. 1 Golden Rams clear the ball successfully 25 of 27 times in the two games combined. She finished the week with five draw controls and five caused turnovers while scooping up three ground balls.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Jane Earley – Middlebury College

Earley helped No. 1 Middlebury extend its win streak to 13 with three wins this past week. Against No. 3 The College of New Jersey, Earley paced the team with a school record 13 draw controls and a team-best six goals to help the Panthers edge the Lions 17-11. In the three-game stretch, Earley led the squad in points (13), goals (12), and draw controls (28), while also scooping up five rollers. The senior leads the New England Small College Athletic Conference in draws (63), points (37), and goals (28) and has now earned IWLCA Player of the Week nods twice this season.

Dylan Edwards – Warren Wilson College

Edwards helped lead the Warren Wilson attack from a 7-2 deficit in the first quarter to a seven-goal run in the second quarter en route to a 16-11 win over Sweet Briar College. Dylan's five goals and six assists, totaling 11 points, is a program record for Warren Wilson. With six assists, Edwards broke the assists in a game record for the program as well. After just five games, Edwards leads the team in assists (12) and has 20 goals for the season. Dylan was also awarded the Coast-to-Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Week for this past week’s performance.

Anna Schipf – Western Connecticut State University

Schipf was named the Little East Conference Goalie of the Week after totaling 11 saves in Western Connecticut’s 10-9 overtime triumph at U.S. Coast Guard Academy last week. Seven of those stops came in the second half, and she turned away the only shot on target she faced in the extra period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those top 15 teams hoping to make a move and possibly get a seed come NCAA tournament time there do not seem to many opportunities remaining in the regular season to do so. I see UVA vs BC and MD vs NW , any others. After that I guess the conference tournaments will be a possibility to make the move up. Any bubble teams to making the tournament with big upcoming legit chances. The fact that 29 teams make the tournament makes it seem as if any top 40 team has a legit chance but those spots go fast . You have fifteen conference champions who are automatically in leaving 14 at large bids , figure 4 will go to ACC teams,leaving 10, 3 to the big ten leaving 7, florida or jmu leaving 6 , yale or princeton leaving 5 . Any other almost locks to make the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those top 15 teams hoping to make a move and possibly get a seed come NCAA tournament time there do not seem to many opportunities remaining in the regular season to do so. I see UVA vs BC and MD vs NW , any others. After that I guess the conference tournaments will be a possibility to make the move up. Any bubble teams to making the tournament with big upcoming legit chances. The fact that 29 teams make the tournament makes it seem as if any top 40 team has a legit chance but those spots go fast . You have fifteen conference champions who are automatically in leaving 14 at large bids , figure 4 will go to ACC teams,leaving 10, 3 to the big ten leaving 7, florida or jmu leaving 6 , yale or princeton leaving 5 . Any other almost locks to make the tournament.

Why is it 29 teams instead of 30?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Florida and JMU making it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what the OP was saying. One of them will get auto bid from winning conference, the other will get an at large.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes one will win conference so they are 1 of the automatic bids the other will be an at large .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ASUN Conference Champs will make it. Historically, that’s Jacksonville and I do not expect the ASUN to be locked out this year.

There will invariably be some head scratching as some teams are left out (Arizona State last season) while some others that shouldn’t have made it in (looking at you, Notre Dame) pad their schedule work some late additions to clear 0.500 to qualify.

Should be a fun tournament this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if Duke goes .500, you think they get in? Worst case they go 8-8, best case 9-7. I think 9-7 and they're in. But if VT can beat them, they'd only be 2-6 in conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a loss to VT on 4/1 would be bad for the resume. Louisville doesn’t appear to be a slam dunk this year. I think if they are 8-8 it’s a no. At 9-7 they have a better shot, but the resume is still potentially weak unless they beat Virginia. The Clemson game was close, but I think it requires a really good win to prop them up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard