BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 79 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Inter-Ac schools have their share of mouth breathers, whether via athletic scholarships (they call it tuition assistance, like the Ivies) or - far more prevalent - via legacy admits who suffer from [Censored] son syndrome but whose families can pay full freight and donate significantly and consistently. At least the former bring something to the table through socioeconomic diversity and winning programs that generate donations by the families of the latter and so on and so on. Been that way for decades and will keep on. That said, they do boot students for consistently poor academic performance. I mean, you have to REALLY fail to fail out, but it happens, or, more likely, there’s an agreement that Colton or Riley or whatever would be better off somewhere less rigorous. The comment about an academic slide is way off, which is easily verified by SAT/ACT scores, national merit scholarships and AP credits awarded, which for all the Inter-Acs are quite high (some more than others of course but as a group still much higher than public or parochial or even other privates, but the number of acceptances to Penn or Williams isn’t the end-the-conversation metric you’d think, bc plenty of dense legacy kids go Ivy and equivalent as legacies there, too. Fairness would be eliminating legacy admits and upping tuition assistance across the board, and if that includes a bump for athletics, so be it if the kid can manage the significant and strenuous workload with at least a C+/B- average. But that’ll never happen bc that tuition assistance has to come from somewhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are NXT and Nationals linked together? Why did the NXT kids play for Nationals against NXT in multiple age groups? Do the national teams take precedence over local club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT and Nationals are not linked; you could argue Fusion and Nationals are, as the Gonzalez brothers run the Nationals.
That said, after what G did when he was w the Duke’s, can’t imagine someone entrusting their child w them but…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d guess you are talking about Nations Best (not Nationals). Then yes there is a relationship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NXT and Nationals are not linked; you could argue Fusion and Nationals are, as the Gonzalez brothers run the Nationals.
That said, after what G did when he was w the Duke’s, can’t imagine someone entrusting their child w them but…

Oh goodie....here we go again!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d guess you are talking about Nations Best (not Nationals). Then yes there is a relationship
No, the NXT players that played with Nationals instead of NXT. Sheesh, they play for Nations Best as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More G and Duke’s talk? No thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More G and Duke’s talk? No thank you

Seriously. They should start a podcast in the topic they talk about it so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA (District 1)- Rustin looks very strong and Marple has a young but talented team. Not sure about Penncrest this year. I think they graduated many kids.

Darkhorse-Upper Merion

AAA (District1)-Radnor, LaSalle, DWest, DEast, Garnet Valley should still be strong despite some graduations.

Darkhorse-Springfield

Considering Radnor and LaSalle both are 0 and 2, DWest, DEast and Springfield are the front runners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rustin is probably better than DEast, DWest, and Springfield. Spring Ford actually beat Springfield.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rustin is probably better than DEast, DWest, and Springfield. Spring Ford actually beat Springfield.

Laughable to say Rustin is probably better than Deast. Deast has 4 returning all state players. With strong junior and sophomore classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA (District 1)- Rustin looks very strong and Marple has a young but talented team. Not sure about Penncrest this year. I think they graduated many kids.

Darkhorse-Upper Merion

AAA (District1)-Radnor, LaSalle, DWest, DEast, Garnet Valley should still be strong despite some graduations.

Darkhorse-Springfield

Considering Radnor and LaSalle both are 0 and 2, DWest, DEast and Springfield are the front runners.

Maybe, just maybe you want to look at who Lasalle and Radnor have played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not say "laughable". You could easily make the argument that Rustin has the most potent attack line in the Chesmont, and they do have their own "all state" player at midfield and a very good goalie. I agree that Deast is the better team, but Rustin is not far behind and Rustin has about half the student population that Deast pulls from.

That kid from Wissahickon is incredible. Radnor is still the top team then Deast, Dwest, maybe Spring Ford and Springfield but Wissahickon is stepping up to that second tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not say "laughable". You could easily make the argument that Rustin has the most potent attack line in the Chesmont, and they do have their own "all state" player at midfield and a very good goalie. I agree that Deast is the better team, but Rustin is not far behind and Rustin has about half the student population that Deast pulls from.

That kid from Wissahickon is incredible. Radnor is still the top team then Deast, Dwest, maybe Spring Ford and Springfield but Wissahickon is stepping up to that second tier.

Downingtown east has 40 players on their team both JV and Varsity. Don’t bring up the school population game to make Rustin look better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DEast has 866 boys in the school. Rustin has 468 boys enrolled. Having 400 more boys to make up your 40 man roster is a huge advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Downingtown has 866 boys who attend the school according to the PIAA while Rustin has 466. So you are telling me that having another 400 boys who can potentially play lacrosse is not an advantage when you are putting together your 40 man roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Downingtown has 866 boys who attend the school according to the PIAA while Rustin has 466. So you are telling me that having another 400 boys who can potentially play lacrosse is not an advantage when you are putting together your 40 man roster?
Probably a disadvantage for the coach trying to figure out what to do with the extra bodies. Out of the player pool you only need/play your top 14-15 players. D stays on, A stays on. G stays on and you run 6 middies and an LSM. So all that matters i the quality of your top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uote=Anonymous]Downingtown has 866 boys who attend the school according to the PIAA while Rustin has 466. So you are telling me that having another 400 boys who can potentially play lacrosse is not an advantage when you are putting together your 40 man roster?[/quote]

The point is yes they have 400 more boys, but none of them play lacrosse so it doesn’t matter. Those extra 400 boys does nothing for them since they barely have anyone even playing lacrosse at east. East struggles to field a JV team, begging kids to play the sport practically. When Rustin on the other hand yes has less boys at their disposal hypothetically, but has a bigger team. Maybe east should start complaining that they have a 40 person team vs radnors 70 person team and that it’s not fair. Think about it logically, East has zero advantage over Rustin because of population don’t try and play that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s your point? “Yeah, you beat us, but you have more kids in your town so you should!” ??
You win or you lose, that’s it. Stop the complaining about public vs private, big school be small.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s your point? “Yeah, you beat us, but you have more kids in your town so you should!” ??
You win or you lose, that’s it. Stop the complaining about public vs private, big school be small.
The point is simple. If you have a larger pool of players to pick from, you are likely to put together a more talented team. The PIAA recognizes this disparity and that is why they create different classes of (3a VS 2A).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DEast has 866 boys in the school. Rustin has 468 boys enrolled. Having 400 more boys to make up your 40 man roster is a huge advantage.

I have seen some incredibly soft takes in this forum but this has got to be the softest. Do better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soft take? So, if WC East, WC Rustin, and Henderson were merged as one WC school, you do not think that would make them a better team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is simple. If you have a larger pool of players to pick from, you are likely to put together a more talented team. The PIAA recognizes this disparity and that is why they create different classes of (3a VS 2A).

This makes no sense,MP with all the players in the world lost to a program with little kids this weekend #staypublic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soft take? So, if WC East, WC Rustin, and Henderson were merged as one WC school, you do not think that would make them a better team?

I can guarantee the coaches/programs at the most successful schools in the area are not sitting around complaining about population, holdbacks, recruiting etc…they are coaching their kids up, period. Like my man said, Radnor just knocked off MP. Let me know how your excuses help you out at game time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can guarantee the coaches/programs at the most successful schools in the area are not sitting around complaining about population, holdbacks, recruiting etc…they are coaching their kids up, period. Like my man said, Radnor just knocked off MP. Let me know how your excuses help you out at game time.

Also guarantee that your man/you are a coach on here thumping your chest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quality, not quantity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes no sense,MP with all the players in the world lost to a program with little kids this weekend #staypublic

Delusional post. Nobody thinks Radner is better than MP. MP is the pinnacle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha. This aged well. Maybe next year though. #staypublic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can spell at “Radner”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor has Malvern on their schedule this year. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Radnor is a top state team. Malvern is a top national team. I think if Radnor kept it within 5 it could be considered a "win". 140 boys tryout for Malvern's lax team each year.

Sorry meant to quote this on my last post!

Hahahaha. This aged well. Maybe next year though. #staypublic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor played very well and BEAT ANC! But feel for those kids. They found out 2 days earlier that they are closing the dorms and the boys who can’t commute will need to find a new school for next year. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to tell these kids and families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor played very well and BEAT ANC! But feel for those kids. They found out 2 days earlier that they are closing the dorms and the boys who can’t commute will need to find a new school for next year. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to tell these kids and families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are excellent teams. Very sorry to hear about ANC. I am sure that played a part in distracting the players and their ability to play for “their” school. Is it fair to ask if ANC was assembling players from all over the country just to create a first class lacrosse team? I had no idea it was a boarding school. Isn’t Westtown doing something similar?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are excellent teams. Very sorry to hear about ANC. I am sure that played a part in distracting the players and their ability to play for “their” school. Is it fair to ask if ANC was assembling players from all over the country just to create a first class lacrosse team? I had no idea it was a boarding school. Isn’t Westtown doing something similar?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANC has student housing but very few players, if any, on the lacrosse team actually board.
They were smelling themselves; good kids and great coaches. Sometimes, you learn more from a loss than you do a victory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Interesting who and why they would post this. 90% of the lacrosse team as well as most of the basketball team board. The school is looking into other options to house these students but if you’re a coach from another school I’d reach out. Very frustrating to hear especially a month from the end of school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halfway through the season assessment. In order.

AAA: Radnor, Spring Ford, Springfield, wissahickon, DEast, Boywrtown, DWest

AA: Marple, Rustin, Penn Crest, Upper Merion, Shanahan, PJP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT2027 say what say what...new sheriff in town and 3steppin to new levels and with Nations Best!!!Phillys Best is Nations Best now and the future is NXT!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re referring to the girls NXT 27 team, they played zone and got called for 3secs 11x - if that’s the formula for success, good luck spanky. Find better athletes, maybe you can play man.
Also, NXT parents are insufferable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re referring to the girls NXT 27 team, they played zone and got called for 3secs 11x - if that’s the formula for success, good luck spanky. Find better athletes, maybe you can play man.
Also, NXT parents are insufferable

What tournament was this? last weekend's NGLL?

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 79 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard