BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 112 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Due to the first "Friday Night Lights" in recent NGLL history, Old Vegas is publishing week 2 lines on Sunday night.

Game Lines

Heros - 8.5 vs. SW
M&D -17 vs. FCA
Integrity -1.5 vs. NL
Coppermine -6 vs NEMS
MDU -10 vs. CCLax
HW - 5 vs. MCE
Pride -4.5 vs. SW
Integrity +6.5 vs MDU
M&D Shore -3 vs. NL
Renegades -5 vs. FCA
Pride - 10.5 vs. Rebels
M&D Shore -4 vs. NEMS
Stars +8.5 vs BLC
BLC -13 vs. Rebels
M&D -12.5 vs. Stars

Weekly props:

M&D total goals scored: over/under 30.5
Total yellow cards MDU/Integrity: over/under 4.5
SW total goals allowed: over/under 23.5

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big thanks to ngll schedule makers for holding games at spsg that start at 7pm even though sunset is 725…and no lights at the field

Seems safe

Sorry your kid lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The small stat guys is parent for which team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on results and watching a few games. A few observations (although some are obvious)

M&D Shore may be a bit better than thought. 2-0 start despite playing less than stellar competition is still 2-0

Hero's Green appears in mid-season form

BLC needs to lean on their talented scorers. The ball control offense they employ makes it tough to come back from when down.

Pride Red 0-2. Still a top team, but that's a tough schedule to begin the season. Can't afford too many more losses if trying to make playoffs. A loss to SW would probably keep them out of playoffs

SW has a tough weekend coming up. Probably involved in both best games of the weekend. Against Hero's and Pride. SW have a few girls looking for a little revenge against their former Hero's team.

Any optimism of Renegades potentially making a playoff run is in trouble. Losing 2 games this weekend against softer teams. Plus they have games against Coppermine, Hero's and M&D. Always next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore is definitely improved, however, they probably have the quirkiest schedule in NGLL. Start off with 4 games against lower half teams and finish with 3 games against top 4 plus Skywalkers.

By the looking of things yesterday, the Skywalkers game on 4/16 could effectively be a playoff game, assuming no 4-4 teams make the top 8.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros Green

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for positional rankings by team, I think they are pretty accurate. Whoever listed, did their homework. HG Goalie needs to be included in that list. I do think there's one glaring missing positional group but I think over the course of the NGLL, it will be clear.

Appreciate it. I did the rankings and wanted to give you my perspective on not including HG at goalie position. My rankings were based on total position, based on how the teams use them, not just starters. And the backup goalie at HG clearly bringing them down. If it was starters only, I'd probably have a tie between HG and MDU at #2.

After all of that good work, you tell us that you are clueless and are just guessing and making stuff up with no knowledge behind it. HG has never had a backup GK.....

But I would go to Vegas with you because your guesses are spot on.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Due to the first "Friday Night Lights" in recent NGLL history, Old Vegas is publishing week 2 lines on Sunday night.

Game Lines

Heros - 8.5 vs. SW
M&D -17 vs. FCA
Integrity -1.5 vs. NL
Coppermine -6 vs NEMS
MDU -10 vs. CCLax
HW - 5 vs. MCE
Pride -4.5 vs. SW
Integrity +6.5 vs MDU
M&D Shore -3 vs. NL
Renegades -5 vs. FCA
Pride - 10.5 vs. Rebels
M&D Shore -4 vs. NEMS
Stars +8.5 vs BLC
BLC -13 vs. Rebels
M&D -12.5 vs. Stars

Weekly props:

M&D total goals scored: over/under 30.5
Total yellow cards MDU/Integrity: over/under 4.5
SW total goals allowed: over/under 23.5

Friday Night Lights Edition. lol. love it

Give me MDU -10 over CC Lax
SW + 8.5
Integrity - 1.5

3 team parlay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shore is definitely improved, however, they probably have the quirkiest schedule in NGLL. Start off with 4 games against lower half teams and finish with 3 games against top 4 plus Skywalkers.

By the looking of things yesterday, the Skywalkers game on 4/16 could effectively be a playoff game, assuming no 4-4 teams make the top 8.

Please explain how Shore improved? They made it to semi finals of NGLL last year right? You think they are championship level now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well Shore beat Renegades who they lost to in the fall.

That's improvement.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros Green

Stat guy doesn't understand stats. His stats are conflated to promote his kid and her friends. Stat guy is discrete about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of games here. To be honest,Vegas doesn't have a feel for some of the new entries, so they may move these games OFF the board

Game totals

SW -4.5 vs. NEMS
MDU -3 vs Pride
Integrity -2.5 vs. Heros White
Coppermine -1.5 vs Stars
Renegages -1.5 vs. M&D Shore
Stars -3 vs. FCA
Coppermine -3 vs. Heros White
Renegades -3.5 vs. CCLax
Hero's Green -1.5 vs. BLC
M&D Shore -2.5 vs. CC Lax
Hero's Green -5.5 vs. Pride
M&D Black -14.5 vs Next Level
SW -8.5 vs. Next Level

Game Props
Total Goal Over/Under -- BLC/Heros : 15.5
Total Goals Scored -- M&D Black, SW (3 games): 49.5
M&D Black -- Goals Allowed vs. Next Level: 1.5

Season Long Props
M&D Black -- Goals Allowed: 36.5
BLC -- Total Goal Differential: 33
Next Level -- Total Goals Allowed: 95.5
M&D Shore: Total Wins: 2.5
Heros, M&D, BLC -- Combined Losses: 2.5

More head scratching results from Coppermine. Blowout of Stars but a 1 goal loss to Hero's White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well Shore beat Renegades who they lost to in the fall.

That's improvement.

Fall shouldn't even matter. The whole emphasis on it is laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could Coppermine success or failure depend on the refs? They, to me, are one of the more physical teams we play and I’ve seen them get 6 YCs in a game, if refs don’t call it tight, it’s a huge benefit to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could Coppermine success or failure depend on the refs? They, to me, are one of the more physical teams we play and I’ve seen them get 6 YCs in a game, if refs don’t call it tight, it’s a huge benefit to them.

Only works against equal talent teams. If the decide they want to play overly-physical ball against Hero's or M&D type teams, it won't do them any good. Even SW has a few physical players.

Those teams have the type of kids who can put a physical hurting on teams if that's the way it has to go. But they (unlike Coppermine) don't need to because of the skill players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros Green

Stat guy doesn't understand stats. His stats are conflated to promote his kid and her friends. Stat guy is discrete about it.

I’m picturing you lying on a couch telling your therapist about “stat guy”, seriously seek help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only works against equal talent teams. If the decide they want to play overly-physical ball against Hero's or M&D type teams, it won't do them any good. Even SW has a few physical players.

Those teams have the type of kids who can put a physical hurting on teams if that's the way it has to go. But they (unlike Coppermine) don't need to because of the skill players.

A friend said Coppermine will be okay. They were a little rusty yesterday with some very correctable mistakes. They had not played a game since November. Will contend for one of the 8 playoff spots. Plus their toughest game is their last against BLC. Their biggest test will be against SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on results and watching a few games. A few observations (although some are obvious)

M&D Shore may be a bit better than thought. 2-0 start despite playing less than stellar competition is still 2-0

BLC needs to lean on their talented scorers. The ball control offense they employ makes it tough to come back from when down.

Pride Red 0-2. Still a top team, but that's a tough schedule to begin the season. Can't afford too many more losses if trying to make playoffs. A loss to SW would probably keep them out of playoffs

SW has a tough weekend coming up. Probably involved in both best games of the weekend. Against Hero's and Pride. SW have a few girls looking for a little revenge against their former Hero's team.

Any optimism of Renegades potentially making a playoff run is in trouble. Losing 2 games this weekend against softer teams. Plus they have games against Coppermine, Hero's and M&D. Always next year.

Half of the Pride team is out next weekend for Spring Break. It's not a real dedicated bunch. Could potentially be 0-4 and out of playoff contention two weeks in! Adjust the betting lines accordingly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half of the Pride team is out next weekend for Spring Break. It's not a real dedicated bunch. Could potentially be 0-4 and out of playoff contention two weeks in! Adjust the betting lines accordingly.

If Pride's backup can't beat Rebels, then they wouldn't have make playoffs anyway. As long as they have their draw guys and a couple of their top attacking players, they should still beat SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the Pride team is out next weekend for Spring Break. It's not a real dedicated bunch. Could potentially be 0-4 and out of playoff contention two weeks in! Adjust the betting lines accordingly.[/quote]

If Pride's backup can't beat Rebels, then they wouldn't have make playoffs anyway. As long as they have their draw guys and a couple of their top attacking players, they should still beat SW[/quote]

Thought SW was all world after reading these threads 😂😂😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think lack of skill is why some teams are physical and others aren't. Highschool lax is literally 5x times more physical, so these girls are just fine- they just need to adjust accordingly. At this stage of 27 club level, all the average and above teams have, at the very least, average skilled players at all positions. And unless kids are running 4.3s and intercepting every passes, there is no way to play good D without a moderate level of physicality. If you're going to cry about it, pray for a tight ref or put a helmet on your child.

What was the skywalkers final score? I saw them up 7 to 2 before half (and dark). The D looked physical and the refs were calling it pretty tight from what I saw. Anywlone know the M&D age group that played the 6pm game?

I8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Pride's backup can't beat Rebels, then they wouldn't have make playoffs anyway. As long as they have their draw guys and a couple of their top attacking players, they should still beat SW[/quote]

Thought SW was all world after reading these threads 😂😂😂[/quote]

Even for SWB advocates, noone said or implied all world. They underperformed last year. Now they may not underperform. Don't support buffoonery by being a bufoon. Everyone wants to be optimistic for their kids. And here you are taking shots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought SW was all world after reading these threads 😂😂😂[/quote]

Unless SW had half its lineup out for spring break yesterday, only beating NL by 3 doesn't exactly scream playoff team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think lack of skill is why some teams are physical and others aren't. Highschool lax is literally 5x times more physical, so these girls are just fine- they just need to adjust accordingly. At this stage of 27 club level, all the average and above teams have, at the very least, average skilled players at all positions. And unless kids are running 4.3s and intercepting every passes, there is no way to play good D without a moderate level of physicality. If you're going to cry about it, pray for a tight ref or put a helmet on your child.

What was the skywalkers final score? I saw them up 7 to 2 before half (and dark). The D looked physical and the refs were calling it pretty tight from what I saw. Anywlone know the M&D age group that played the 6pm game?

I8

27s I assume

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

2030 red

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

As for age group of the 6pm game, not sure but Please don’t ask age group until NGLL has the guts to follow US lax rules and stop incentivizing bad behavior of holdbacks. Just ask grad year as that is apparently all that is needed CR to be ok with, it clearly isn’t player safety

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

Put a helmet on your child... which really means, we play dirty so be ready. It is across the Coppermine brand. Physical play is okay, dirty play is not. But as you can see on this forum (across all ages) the reputation has been established.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

Put a helmet on your child... which really means, we play dirty so be ready. It is across the Coppermine brand. Physical play is okay, dirty play is not. But as you can see on this forum (across all ages) the reputation has been established.

We have played Coppermine many times and completely disagree with any comment about them playing dirty. I have found their parents to be pleasant and in no way encourage dirty play. Some kids are just more aggressive and physical than others. They have their share of timid girls too. I don’t think we have any dirty teams in our Mid-Atlantic NGLL. Now NY teams that generally wears helmets do tend to be more physical and more swipes above the head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

We have played Coppermine many times and completely disagree with any comment about them playing dirty. I have found their parents to be pleasant and in no way encourage dirty play. Some kids are just more aggressive and physical than others. They have their share of timid girls too. I don’t think we have any dirty teams in our Mid-Atlantic NGLL. Now NY teams that generally wears helmets do tend to be more physical and more swipes above the head.

Not original poster, but Coppermine plays dirty. They poke with the [Censored] of stick away from ball, they slash, they cross check. I like the parents, I find them for the most part pleasant but the play is above and beyond and if the refs watched closer, it would be plenty more yellow card, which I would guess they would lead the NGLL 2027 already in.

Obviously just my experience in seeing 5-7 games of theirs over the years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i wouldn't say the SW games are going to be the best for SW. Why are those few girls on SW looking for revenge against Hero's? Are they still upset about being cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Old Vegas Week 1 Review

2027-NGLL Wk 1 Sky Walkers 2027 Blue NEMS 2027
SW -7.5
DID NOT PLAY, I ASSUME SCHEDULE CHANGED LATE

2027-NGLL Wk 1 PRIDE 2027 RED 5 Maryland United 2027 7
MDU -2.5

Nailed this, a good battle. MDU slightly better as indicted on scoreboard

2027-NGLL Wk 1 Integrity 2027 7 Green Hero's 2027 white 6
HW -2

Thought HW would play better, I know it rained hard in this game, might have made for sloppy conditions and play. Both have shot at playoffs.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 STARS 2027 Light BLue 3 Coppermine 2027 Black 11
Copp-3
Good luck figuring out Coppermine, but they obviously were clicking here.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 M&D Shore 2027 9 Black Renegades 27 6
Renegades -2.5
It was a chance for Renegades to make a statement. They didn’t.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 FCA 2027 Blue 4 STARS 2027 Light Blue 11
Stars -4

FCA going to be in for long season, they will be Dogs in most every game.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 Coppermine 2027 Black 6 Hero's 2027 white 7
Coppermine -3
Perhaps Cop was worn out by the earlier game vs Stars, HW might look back at this win and know this was the one that got them in.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 CCLax 2027 7 Black Renegades 27 6
Renegades -4

Two games Renegades were favorites and they didn’t live up to it.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 Hero's 2027 green 7 BLC 2027 Blue 4
HG -3.5

As predicted, HG just a bit too much. This was a chance for BLC to get inside track.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 M&D Shore 2027 Black 10 CCLax 2027 Black 3
M&D Shore -4

Shore will look to repeat as a playoff team, and so far no reason to think they can’t get one of those spots.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 PRIDE 2027 RED 3 Hero's 2027 green 9
HG -6.5

Pride is 0-2 but softer schedule is ahead.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 M&D 2027 Black 15 Next Level 2027 Blue 2
M&D -14.5

M&D can only play the teams in front of them. This was not a challenge.

2027-NGLL Wk 1 Next Level 2027 7 Blue Sky Walkers 2027 Blue 10
SW -8
I expected a lot more from SW here. Only beating a NL team that got rolled by M&D earlier, by 3? The defense still need to improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

Clarification. By wear a helmet I was referencing the implication, based on the sensitivity I picked up, you don't like physical play. I don't condone dirty play. However, I have watched my kid play physical and heard parents whine about it, despite it not being a foul. Even girls lax has a significant amount of legal rough play. And honestly, I don't want helmets to turn lax into a combat sport, but it is an option.

Now, Ive not seen what i would consider dirty play from Coppermine. And, I'd say there are a FEW reasonable and nice Coppermine parents(who don't strike me as advocating for dirty play). Coppermine, like a few teams, has its "my kid is incredible, im incredible" parents. But so what? Don't stand near them. Or don't talk to them.

Renegade parents have consistently been unsavory, more so than any team I've ever seen.

I had no idea age and grad year were such a big deal in girls lax. It makes sense, I just had no idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

Clarification. By wear a helmet I was referencing the implication, based on the sensitivity I picked up, you don't like physical play. I don't condone dirty play. However, I have watched my kid play physical and heard parents whine about it, despite it not being a foul. Even girls lax has a significant amount of legal rough play. And honestly, I don't want helmets to turn lax into a combat sport, but it is an option.

Now, Ive not seen what i would consider dirty play from Coppermine. And, I'd say there are a FEW reasonable and nice Coppermine parents(who don't strike me as advocating for dirty play). Coppermine, like a few teams, has its "my kid is incredible, im incredible" parents. But so what? Don't stand near them. Or don't talk to them.

Renegade parents have consistently been unsavory, more so than any team I've ever seen.

I had no idea age and grad year were such a big deal in girls lax. It makes sense, I just had no idea.

i wouldn't say the SW games are going to be the best for SW. Why are those few girls on SW looking for revenge against Hero's? Are they still upset about being cut?
Don't be daft. If you play an old team, whether by being cut, traded or other, there is going to be some energy. You know, like if you kept rubbing it in that someone's kid got cut, that parent might have "energy" towards you... and vice versa if the tables were turned. But, fortunately everyone gets to hide behind their keyboards...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW dad here.

No one (parent or player) has bad blood, ill intent or seeking revenge against any team we are playing.

All games from this age up will be fast and physical but only parents who are living through their kids really stoke this BS of revenge. This board is wacko

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I8

Don't be daft. If you play an old team, whether by being cut, traded or other, there is going to be some energy. You know, like if you kept rubbing it in that someone's kid got cut, that parent might have "energy" towards you... and vice versa if the tables were turned. But, fortunately everyone gets to hide behind their keyboards...

The best part is neither of the hero’s girls on SWB got cut last year. This is just a jackoff that gets off on spreading rumors about 14 year old girls. I guess if that makes you sleep better at night. I think it is just pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Real Old Vegas Lines Week 2 2027

Hero's 2027 green vs Sky Walkers 2027 Blue
Hero's -9

M&D 2027 Black vs FCA 2027 Blue
M&D -17

Integrity 2027 Green vs Next Level 2027 Blue
Integriy - 6

Coppermine 2027 Black vs NEMS 2027
Coppermine -7

Maryland United 2027 vs CCLax 2027 Black
MDU -8.5

Hero's 2027 white vs MC Elite Midnight
HW -7

PRIDE 2027 RED vs Sky Walkers 2027 Blue
Pride -5

Integrity 2027 Green vs Maryland United 2027
MDU -6

Next Level 2027 Blue vs M&D Shore 2027 Black
Shore -7

FCA 2027 Blue vs Renegades 27
Renegades -3.5

PRIDE 2027 RED vs Rebels 27
Pride -11.5

M&D Shore 2027 Black vs NEMS 2027
Shore -4.5

STARS 2027 Light BLue vs BLC 2027 Blue
BLC -8.5

BLC 2027 Blue vs Rebels 27
BLC -12

M&D 2027 Black vs STARS 2027 Light BLue
M&D -10.5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's -9

M&D -17

Integriy - 6

Coppermine -7

MDU -8.5

HW -7

Pride -5

MDU -6

Shore -7

Renegades -3.5

Pride -11.5

Shore -4.5

BLC -8.5

BLC -12

M&D -10.5

Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Give me
SW + 9 vs Hero's
Stars +8.5 vs BLC
FCA +17 vs M&D (nobody can lose that bad at 8th grade can they?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's -9

M&D -17

Integriy - 6

Coppermine -7

MDU -8.5

HW -7

Pride -5

MDU -6

Shore -7

Renegades -3.5

Pride -11.5

Shore -4.5

BLC -8.5

BLC -12

M&D -10.5

Give me
SW + 9 vs Hero's
Stars +8.5 vs BLC

Love this. I've got parent friends on all these teams. I'd be more comfortable with over/unders. What do you have for us?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lock of the Week:

BLC -8.5 over Stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's -9

M&D -17

Integriy - 6

Coppermine -7

MDU -8.5

HW -7

Pride -5

MDU -6

Shore -7

Renegades -3.5

Pride -11.5

Shore -4.5

BLC -8.5

BLC -12

M&D -10.5

Give me
SW + 9 vs Hero's
Stars +8.5 vs BLC

Going with the underdogs here. Careful on M&D, in NGLL (with 46 min) they dropped 22, 19, 21 in NGLL 2022. They will not take their foot off the petal.

Page 80 of 112 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard