BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 170 of 251 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is the good double holdback still on MadLax?
Who cares? My kid is on age and small for 2028 and I encourage him to just go out there and play. It makes him stronger both mentally and physically and if that is not the case for your kid, maybe he should pick up a different sport. Until there is a strict rule against it who actually cares? Such a waste of time talking about it. And while we are at it, stop singling out kids. Most have not made this decision themselves and are KIDS.
Fwiw— he’s a single holdback. And he’s the only kid on Madlax 2028 who has ever been in the grade ahead. Meaning, yes, he’s the only “reclass” on the team. Couple kids started kindergarten late, technically “old,” but not technically reclasses

Sigh. Everyone in this discussion (who's being honest) calls "reclasses" any player with a include late (before 9/1) birthday who:
1) Repeated kindergarten
2) Started kindergarten or 1st grade a year late (this is a common PA thing with upper class athletes).
3) Took a Pre-First grade (common MD thing with upper class athletes)
4) Repeated a grade (could be athletics, developmental, or academic)

There are a million valid and less than valid reasons to do the above. But don't try to separate them out into groups based on sports validity. Nope, they get lumped together, partly because some lax parents use late starts intentionally for sports purposes, yes, even at age 5-6.

FACTS!!!! The “lacrosse families”. Know how to play the game and it starts pre K!!! It’s all very calculated by them in hopes to gain advantages! It’s not rocket science what they are doing! Rules should be changed to age based to stop the unfair practice of this and unfair advantages it can have. Period!

There are plenty of reclass kids who don't stand out and many have no idea they are reclassed. This ML kid gets repeated attention because too many errantly equate reclass with dominance which is not the case. The ML kid just happens to be extremely talented so he's a target of the spiteful reclass complaint crowd. As I've mentioned previously, I remember him scoring so many against my son's team when he played 2027 that a bunch of clown parents complained he was a reclass 2026 even back then. My much older son had a teammate that was similar, received all the spite from jealous parents, played big time D1 and never let it bother him. Here's hoping the same comes to pass for this kid and all like him. Kid hating trolls on parent forums are the lowest grade of humanity.

Just stop it. The Madlax kid gets repeated attention because he hit puberty 3 years ago and is 2x the size of anyone else. He wouldn’t be “extremely talented” if he played 27’s. He’d be good, but not what he is on a 28 roster. He’s such a physical mismatch that it actually shocks me he doesn’t want to play 27’s. That’s where he would get better. Beating someone half his size does ZERO for his development. No shade to the kid, he’s a kid. But, if the Madlax guys really had HIS best interests at heart, he wouldn’t be playing 28’s.

It’s also so obvious to everyone with eyes that he’s older that it makes the whole “7th grade team” a joke. Kid would be a big 27.

I’m sure this isn’t a popular opinion but you can’t say I’m wrong.

That is one of the most ignorant takes I've ever read on this dumpster fire of a forum. Talent is talent regardless. Person even related an example of when the kid was playing 2027. No, you just stop it. You're ridiculous and all those like you who think that older is just better. Talent transcends age. You're completely wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? My kid is on age and small for 2028 and I encourage him to just go out there and play. It makes him stronger both mentally and physically and if that is not the case for your kid, maybe he should pick up a different sport. Until there is a strict rule against it who actually cares? Such a waste of time talking about it. And while we are at it, stop singling out kids. Most have not made this decision themselves and are KIDS.
Fwiw— he’s a single holdback. And he’s the only kid on Madlax 2028 who has ever been in the grade ahead. Meaning, yes, he’s the only “reclass” on the team. Couple kids started kindergarten late, technically “old,” but not technically reclasses

Sigh. Everyone in this discussion (who's being honest) calls "reclasses" any player with a include late (before 9/1) birthday who:
1) Repeated kindergarten
2) Started kindergarten or 1st grade a year late (this is a common PA thing with upper class athletes).

There are a million valid and less than valid reasons to do the above. But don't try to separate them out into groups based on sports validity. Nope, they get lumped together, partly because some lax parents use late starts intentionally for sports purposes, yes, even at age 5-6.

FACTS!!!! The “lacrosse families”. Know how to play the game and it starts pre K!!! It’s all very calculated by them in hopes to gain advantages! It’s not rocket science what they are doing! Rules should be changed to age based to stop the unfair practice of this and unfair advantages it can have. Period!

There are plenty of reclass kids who don't stand out and many have no idea they are reclassed. This ML kid gets repeated attention because too many errantly equate reclass with dominance which is not the case. The ML kid just happens to be extremely talented so he's a target of the spiteful reclass complaint crowd. As I've mentioned previously, I remember him scoring so many against my son's team when he played 2027 that a bunch of clown parents complained he was a reclass 2026 even back then. My much older son had a teammate that was similar, received all the spite from jealous parents, played big time D1 and never let it bother him. Here's hoping the same comes to pass for this kid and all like him. Kid hating trolls on parent forums are the lowest grade of humanity.

Just stop it. The Madlax kid gets repeated attention because he hit puberty 3 years ago and is 2x the size of anyone else. He wouldn’t be “extremely talented” if he played 27’s. He’d be good, but not what he is on a 28 roster. He’s such a physical mismatch that it actually shocks me he doesn’t want to play 27’s. That’s where he would get better. Beating someone half his size does ZERO for his development. No shade to the kid, he’s a kid. But, if the Madlax guys really had HIS best interests at heart, he wouldn’t be playing 28’s.

It’s also so obvious to everyone with eyes that he’s older that it makes the whole “7th grade team” a joke. Kid would be a big 27.

That is one of the most ignorant takes I've ever read on this dumpster fire of a forum. Talent is talent regardless. Person even related an example of when the kid was playing 2027. No, you just stop it. You're ridiculous and all those like you who think that older is just better. Talent transcends age. You're completely wrong.

You're not wrong but everybody's overthinking it. Very few club coaches are focused on "developing" kids past the current club year. Stop drinking the kool aid, and if you want your kids to be developed, coach them yourself, hire a coach, or get them on a solid school team. Look at how many club teams quietly welcome "new players" between December and March and again in June. No tryout, they just show up in Teamsnap. I think of a certain 2028 elite team whose roster bloomed to almost 40 last June before a tournament, then cut 1/3 of those kids in July, and is now at 30+ kids again in March.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

Hawks have a couple kids around same age as oldest ML holdbacks. But ML holdbacks are physically bigger and easier to spot. FCA holdbacks are obvious too. What set ML apart was using 5/4th graders to beat 3rd graders. But ML hasn't won since. Now other kids are catching up in size. So it's less of an issue. Regardless, FCA and Hawks will be the teams to beat this year and everyone else will be chasing them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

Hawks have a couple kids around same age as oldest ML holdbacks. But ML holdbacks are physically bigger and easier to spot. FCA holdbacks are obvious too. What set ML apart was using 5/4th graders to beat 3rd graders. But ML hasn't won since. Now other kids are catching up in size. So it's less of an issue. Regardless, FCA and Hawks will be the teams to beat this year and everyone else will be chasing them.

I don’t disagree about Hawks being at the top—they’ve been the most consistent frontrunning team in the 28 class for the past 3-4 years—but want to hear more about the talent upgrades for FCA. We’ll obviously see soon enough on the field, but for those who closely watch the team (FCA parents, looking at you), where have they improved that puts them clearly ahead of ML and NL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

I don’t disagree about Hawks being at the top—they’ve been the most consistent frontrunning team in the 28 class for the past 3-4 years—but want to hear more about the talent upgrades for FCA. We’ll obviously see soon enough on the field, but for those who closely watch the team (FCA parents, looking at you), where have they improved that puts them clearly ahead of ML and NL?

The games start in three days.

Everyone’s questions will be answered soon enough about all these teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

That's a lame response. Just asking for some analysis to accompany the "teams to beat" prediction. Why are you on a message board, dad? Just to grip about--or defend--holdback culture?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

That's a lame response. Just asking for some analysis to accompany the "teams to beat" prediction. Why are you on a message board, dad? Just to grip about--or defend--holdback culture?

FCA dad here. It’s basically the same team. A few parents with preseason hype because we beat ML for the first time without their best player and a goalie with a broken hand. Once we struggle to get past Bethesda and loss to the Hawks, these guys will be as quite as the Hawks parents in the Fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predict that FCA will underwhelm. Too much hype.

Hawks
ML
NL
Crabs
FCA
BLC
True

Through all this it will still come down to Hawks and Madlax/NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. The ML kid is likely only 2 months or so older than all these other “holdbacks.” I know he is only two months older than NL’s new attackman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. The ML kid is likely only 2 months or so older than all these other “holdbacks.” I know he is only two months older than NL’s new attackman.

You are literally just throwing baseless assertions into the atmosphere.

You have no idea about anything to say anything.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

You're not wrong but everybody's overthinking it. Very few club coaches are focused on "developing" kids past the current club year. Stop drinking the kool aid, and if you want your kids to be developed, coach them yourself, hire a coach, or get them on a solid school team. Look at how many club teams quietly welcome "new players" between December and March and again in June. No tryout, they just show up in Teamsnap. I think of a certain 2028 elite team whose roster bloomed to almost 40 last June before a tournament, then cut 1/3 of those kids in July, and is now at 30+ kids again in March.
So 91 has 30 kids on the roster? Wow! How many are on the roster for other teams? Does anyone cut anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

FCA dad here. It’s basically the same team. A few parents with preseason hype because we beat ML for the first time without their best player and a goalie with a broken hand. Once we struggle to get past Bethesda and loss to the Hawks, these guys will be as quite as the Hawks parents in the Fall.

"Basically" = only 3 or 4 starters added to the offense who were starters for various 2027 teams. Other than that, the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

"Basically" = only 3 or 4 starters added to the offense who were starters for various 2027 teams. Other than that, the same.

False.

But keep on lying to yourself. Whatever makes you feel good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False.

If that's not accurate then maybe share where the new kids on the team came from and what role they are likely to have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False.

If that's not accurate then maybe share where the new kids on the team came from and what role they are likely to have.

We are to busy praying for the anonymous lacrosse dads on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA 27s who bumped down to 28 team were already strong 2027 players. Now they're easily FCA's top 2028s. But lots of grumblings from FCA kids that got displaced + daddy ball issues. FCA is literally head and shoulders above the competition this year. This could be 3rd year in a row HoCo Elite gets a new champ. And the 2027 Crabs will be early favorites to win 2028 division next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Repeated kindergarten

You’re clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened to VLC. They moved down to AA and Wolfpack moved up to AAA in the past 24 hours. That never happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently had some roster issues. Game against Preds is also postponed this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened to VLC. They moved down to AA and Wolfpack moved up to AAA in the past 24 hours. That never happens.

It's happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's happened.
Hearing a bunch of players left the club for another club. Any truth to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They left right before the season? To go where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players left VLC to join BLC. According to another forum, the legacy VLC families think it was wrong for players to leave this time of year, and that the particular families who left were a bit toxic. ("now they are BLC's problem" kind of thing). The BLC families claimed that the VLC team was not improving or performing at an acceptable level, and the coaches/program were not going in the right direction.
after the departures, VLC was making a push to recruit new players, but that is difficult to do at this point in the year, especially after a group has departed.
I don't know if the VLC/BLC issue has anything to do with Wolfpack moving up. But VLC moving down to AAA is probably related to their loss of players to BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will BLC basically take any player that wants to leave his current team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players left VLC to join BLC. According to another forum, the legacy VLC families think it was wrong for players to leave this time of year, and that the particular families who left were a bit toxic. ("now they are BLC's problem" kind of thing). The BLC families claimed that the VLC team was not improving or performing at an acceptable level, and the coaches/program were not going in the right direction.
after the departures, VLC was making a push to recruit new players, but that is difficult to do at this point in the year, especially after a group has departed.
I don't know if the VLC/BLC issue has anything to do with Wolfpack moving up. But VLC moving down to AAA is probably related to their loss of players to BLC.
How many left?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is such a dense take, I'm embarrassed I'm even responding.
By your logic a really talented 7th grader could play at an MIAA school.

Talent absolutely doesn't transcend age. Google "Relative Age Effect".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES
Well, there was not a single Elite level player on VLC 28, so I can’t imagine BLC I
Prices one bit, likely only added some discontent amongst parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES
Well, there was not a single Elite level player on VLC 28, so I can’t imagine BLC I

BLC 2028 dad coach is a clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ironically, the reason this VLC team even exists is that it's the skeleton crew from a very dominant and BIG Cavs team from a few years back (the "legacy VLC parents") who won AAA Hoco repeatedly and then dropped out of Hoco when forced to play in the Elite bracket. Which itself caused a big exodus of talent that continues to this day. As recently as Fall 2020, this was an impressive group of athletes, but in shocking news, adults ruined it once again. Nobody but themselves to blame. Have fun doing the same thing to BLC I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES

Despite your gibberish grammar you definitely sound super objective and well informed, and not just disgruntled about something with either BLC or VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of discontent, how did FCH(Fellowship of Christian Holdbacks do today)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Questions wont stop. Would love the teams in elite to grow balls and post DOBs for players' ages. Where's the shame there? 2 or 3 student holdbacks make a BIG difference at this age in HoCo. Would bet any 2028 elite squad which picked up a few solid 27s would do markedly better. But we all know that those who run HoCo are too ashamed to require at least posting ages of rostered kids. I mean, who cares if we push winning over kids education, right? I am sure the kids are psyched to repeat 7th grade math classes while picking their noses looking forward to 7 games in HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, Hawks were definitely not over-hyped. They are excellent and have a ton of talent. NL hung in there with good FOGO and elite Defense. NL has a lot of talent too and truly excellent coaching -- tied at halftime. Final score 7-5. I think there will be a lot of healthy parity up and down the Elite HOCO this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 11- BLC 6
Crabs 8- Team91 7
Hawks 7- Next Level 5

Interesting scores to start the HOCO season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 7 NL 5. Good game with lots of talent. Physical game and could have gone either way. A few transition goals were the difference and stellar goalie play on both sides. Shot clock made things interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES

BLC 2028 dad coach is a clown.
Yes he is. Thankfully, no dad coaches allowed when these kids get to 8th grade. He will be a clown from the parent's' sideline

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, Hawks were definitely not over-hyped. They are excellent and have a ton of talent. NL hung in there with good FOGO and elite Defense. NL has a lot of talent too and truly excellent coaching -- tied at halftime. Final score 7-5. I think there will be a lot of healthy parity up and down the Elite HOCO this year.

Truly excellent coaching.

Lol.

Sure pal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any details on FCA vs BLC? How did FCA look, wondering if the new players made an impact. FCA or Hawks has to be the favorite for the 'ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any details on FCA vs BLC? How did FCA look, wondering if the new players made an impact. FCA or Hawks has to be the favorite for the 'ship.

FCA fogos made the difference, I think BLC won one FO the entire game. That said was close than expected. FCA looks good, BLC looks improved as well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 170 of 251 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard