BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Easiest pool for one of the supposed top teams is hands down A.

D is actually the easiest pool. But correct take Venom out and A is not rough. They are the top seeded team, not necessarily the best but the top seed. They are supposed to have the easiest pool. As everyone will see next weekend the best part about this tourney is it doesn’t matter all that much- the good teams will play each other day 2. If you look at the pools objectively they are pretty even. And whoever said Express has it easy I guess doesn’t know the teams

Venom has a cake walk Saturday.
Legacy plays predators and recon…that is laughable.

And 2way and express north. Those games will not be a joke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams from the North qualifier are advancing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets B and C are the hardest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all just enjoy for a minute how quiet all the Maryland teams are since not one of them can even field a team for the World Series?!?!?! Maybe this is the only year we will get it, but the absence of their smug bs about “how good” they are will have to be tempered for the summer. Of course they will try to say that the World Series isn’t what it used to be so they won’t bother to show up…blah, blah.

Fact: when the playing field is level, they won’t even show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all just enjoy for a minute how quiet all the Maryland teams are since not one of them can even field a team for the World Series?!?!?! Maybe this is the only year we will get it, but the absence of their smug bs about “how good” they are will have to be tempered for the summer. Of course they will try to say that the World Series isn’t what it used to be so they won’t bother to show up…blah, blah.

TRUE!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia agrees

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um... TourneyMachine shows True MD in the east.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marylander here, according to this board the tournament directors create the uneven playing field so make up your mind. We have too many money grab club teams in our area to send a competitive team. Our best kids don’t play on same teams, they play against each other. Schedule the tournament and qualifiers during off season and we may think about it.

How many of the teams that have won are actual teams that consistently play together or an all star team thrown together just for 1 tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marylander here, according to this board the tournament directors create the uneven playing field so make up your mind. We have too many money grab club teams in our area to send a competitive team. Our best kids don’t play on same teams, they play against each other. Schedule the tournament and qualifiers during off season and we may think about it.

How many of the teams that have won are actual teams that consistently play together or an all star team thrown together just for 1 tournament?

You missed the point.
Hawks, crabs, etc, etc are not there because they do not meet the criteria. Their 2028 teams would be too old and the 2029 teams, which are comparable in age to what will be there, would stand no chance.

And the vast majority of teams consistently play together. Just don’t call out those teams (the minority) that don’t on this board. You’ll be accused of being afraid of competition and you’ll be told what team your child plays for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year Team 91 LI Machine won and they were definitely a legitimate team that played together all year. Not sure how to categorize BBL Elite but they certainly play together a bunch. It ended up being a good mix of both and was very competitive across the board. It definitely would have been better with a few more MD teams though - it's too bad more don't figure out a way to participate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any team that has won from LI (91, Express, Legacy) have been 'actual teams' that consistently play together year-round. Not cobbled together collections of the best available players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a MD parent of an on age kid - it’s difficult to describe how inconsequential this World Series tournament is.

Yes on age sounds good. But on age is completely and totally irrelevant in the lacrosse world. Literally NO ONE CARES.

Not in club, not in HS and not in college. If the NY crowd feels better about themselves than have at it.

It’s just not the way this game is set up right now. Hopefully it changes soon for kids to come. It won’t impact my son at all.

Besides I could argue that the best on age kids are in MD anyway. To play on those teams against the older kids DAILY cuts a different sort of kid.

Enjoy the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a MD parent of an on age kid - it’s difficult to describe how inconsequential this World Series tournament is.

Yes on age sounds good. But on age is completely and totally irrelevant in the lacrosse world. Literally NO ONE CARES.

Not in club, not in HS and not in college. If the NY crowd feels better about themselves than have at it.

It’s just not the way this game is set up right now. Hopefully it changes soon for kids to come. It won’t impact my son at all.

Besides I could argue that the best on age kids are in MD anyway. To play on those teams against the older kids DAILY cuts a different sort of kid.

Enjoy the tournament.

On age means nothing at high school and college. But between the ages of 10-14 it means everything. What part of that do you not comprehend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

On age means nothing at high school and college. But between the ages of 10-14 it means everything. What part of that do you not comprehend?

It means something for 100% sure. It doesn’t mean everything.

But keep telling yourself that. You have 1.5 more years to cry about it so get your moneys worth.

Again, enjoy the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

But keep telling yourself that. You have 1.5 more years to cry about it so get your moneys worth.

If nobody cares, why are you on this forum commenting on it? Go back to the MD forum and discuss how many holdbacks FCA has or the exact birthdate of the ML kid. NO ONE CARES.

The World Series is a unique experience that your kids won't get a chance to participate in. You can poo poo it if you want.

I may be in the minority, but I wish MD would put together a "Blue Jays" like on-age all-star team to compete at the WS. It'll never happen, but it would be fun to see what MD actually has in terms of on-age talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"As a MD parent of an on age kid - it’s difficult to describe how inconsequential this World Series tournament is."

right on schedule....

I love how *THIS* tournament for 7th graders is "inconsequential" but the one's maryland teams will show up for are important???

It's 7th grade lacrosse - there is no consequence. It's about the kids and that's why the World Series is special. It's unlike any tournament they will play in and it's a great experience for them. The fact that you can't wrap your head around and want to try and make it a less-than tournament because brand of lacrosse favors holding kids back to play lesser/younger competition and then turning around and saying the teams from up north are "afraid to compete" is the height of irony. You are the ones who are afraid to let your kid play with their grade/age - the only fear of competition is coming from your households which is why you hold your kids back. It's fine, just be honest about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

If nobody cares, why are you on this forum commenting on it? Go back to the MD forum and discuss how many holdbacks FCA has or the exact birthdate of the ML kid. NO ONE CARES.

The World Series is a unique experience that your kids won't get a chance to participate in. You can poo poo it if you want.

I may be in the minority, but I wish MD would put together a "Blue Jays" like on-age all-star team to compete at the WS. It'll never happen, but it would be fun to see what MD actually has in terms of on-age talent.

True Annapolis added a handful of kids from other clubs last year and lost to 91 in the quarters. If the more prominent MD teams did the same their teams would be significantly stronger than the one True put together. If you went straight "Blue Jays" it would be a bloodbath. Same if LI put together an all-star team. There is no reason to believe any of the hot bed areas have better on-age talent. LI does have better on-age teams though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say with certainty many of the on age parents in MD talked about doing a Blue Jays type team last fall.

Actually there were two separate groups that I know of looking to get the on age HoCo kids to play.

But then folks saw the qualifier was the same week as the first week of the HoCo season and couldn’t get enough commitments.

It [Censored] but if it was a week earlier, who knows, things may have materialized. It would have been fun for the boys, my son included.

I will say that even with that, many of MD the on age kids and parents that I know just weren’t excited or motivated to do it. It’s not really a big deal like it is in the north.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

It means so little to this guy that he will join a different message board to prove that he doesn't care. Way to go Joe from Maryland who has an on-age kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets B and C are the hardest.

Depending on who you are.
North and 2way are the only top teams in B
Express and blue jays only top teams in C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

I speak as a LI transplant to MD, who’s had kids play in both places. MD cares because it keeps getting mentioned they can’t play in the tournament. 1) Scheduling conflicts with hoco. 2) Due to many clubs and director/coaches politics they would never field a “Blue Jays” team. As True continues to buy up all the lower tier clubs (there are a few excellent players on these clubs) in MD, they will get better in the 100 mi radius and more competitive in the next few years. The 100 mi radius in LI is equivalent to the entire DMV area.

Believe me, there are plenty of on age elite players (most play up) they are spread out amongst the 15 clubs in the 20 mi radius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

Exactly!

When it was the World Series of Youth Lacrosse Maryland did have teams entered. Hawks were in the tournament for 2026. Maryland does have the ability to be there. Since WSYL was cancelled and it is now World Championship I think there is less of a desire to go from the MD area schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids here are excited. Even those who know they have less of a chance to win or even qualify
Not sure how excited the parents are but the ones I talked to are viewing it as another tournament. A chance to play. Part of their tuition fees.
It’s a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

Nobody is crying about it. This is a public forum to discuss a lot of things. Sometimes people on here are ignorant and impossible to talk to. Sometimes they are open minded and reasonable like you seem to be. The reason that this tournament means a lot to the Long Island and northeast kids is because it’s an opportunity to play against an even playing field. The advantage is non existent. It means nothing to the Maryland crowd because holdbacks are so common. I was on the Maryland board the other day and was amazed at how matter of factly they were referring to teams running into “academic problems”, meaning gonna get a lot of holdbacks. Such common place for kids to be held back that it is just accepted. That is not something that is common here. Yes, it exists. But it’s so far from common.

In the end it doesn’t matter. It will all even out after puberty. But at this age it’s overwhelmingly thought of as “unfair”. Nobody is crying about it. But it’s definitely something that people do not like. Hence the reason this particular tournament, and the attitude towards holdbacks, is so different up here. Both Long Island and Maryland will continue to be hotbeds for the sport, along with some other areas catching up. If lacrosse was set up like hockey, which most hope it will eventually be, this back and forth wouldn’t exist. It won’t matter to most of us because our kids will be in high school and beyond by the time the change comes. But it will eventually come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids here are excited. Even those who know they have less of a chance to win or even qualify
Not sure how excited the parents are but the ones I talked to are viewing it as another tournament. A chance to play. Part of their tuition fees.
It’s a good thing.
I agree, kids are excited and all of the talk is how early they will leave school (sorry not sorry) to meet up in DE. It is a fun tourney and even my son's friends who are not participating (let's be real- they all follow each other on IG and TikTok and "know" one another) are excited for them. It is not the kids complaining about any of this nonsense, it is the grown adults complaining and bashing one another. The kids just want to play. Let those competing this weekend and in Charlotte in June have fun playing a sport that brings a whole lot to their lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

On age, not on age, I dunno— but I do know that the DMV and Baltimore teams romp all over the NY teams these days in the National All Star Hames, or when St John’s rolls up to St Anthony’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"On age, not on age, I dunno— but I do know that the DMV and Baltimore teams romp all over the NY teams these days in the National All Star Hames, or when St John’s rolls up to St Anthony’s"

Yes, St. Johns beat St. Anthony's (St Johns was AMAZING last year, FACTS).there were other games too that you seem to have left out.

Brunswick 12 Georgetown Prep 7,

Oh yeah, and Brunswick is holdback central so a good comp for the DMV style of play (other Prep schools fall in this category too). The finished #1 in the country on Inside Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder how many kids/parents from holdback teams will be on sidelines watching venom in DE tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"On age, not on age, I dunno— but I do know that the DMV and Baltimore teams romp all over the NY teams these days in the National All Star Hames, or when St John’s rolls up to St Anthony’s"

Yes, St. Johns beat St. Anthony's (St Johns was AMAZING last year, FACTS).there were other games too that you seem to have left out.

Brunswick 12 Georgetown Prep 7,

Oh yeah, and Brunswick is holdback central so a good comp for the DMV style of play (other Prep schools fall in this category too). The finished #1 in the country on Inside Lacrosse.

Welcome back sticky socks !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is True Blue doing in the World Series? Assuming they have a team at this age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some played better than expected. Some played worse than expected. Congrats to all who qualified. Have fun watching venom down south.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some played better than expected. Some played worse than expected. Congrats to all who qualified. Have fun watching venom down south.
Someone made a huge mistake or it was done on purpose.Team seeding was wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the folks in DE this weekend, how would you rank the teams you saw? Here's my take . . .

1. Venom - most balanced team, unselfish offense with great shooters everywhere - clearly the team to beat in Charlotte
2. 2Way - some of the best individual offensive players in DE this weekend - 44, 1, 16, 26 - all are studs, had to face off w pole vs Venom which will hurt
3. BBL - big athletic defense with good fogo will keep games close, but will need to score more to keep up with Venom
4. Eclipse - surprisingly strong performance this weekend - 7 is smooth
5. Freedom - balanced team, good goalie, not sure they have the alphas on offense to beat the better defenders
6. Blue Jays - some good pieces, got stronger as the weekend went on, will likely be a much stronger team in Charlotte as they get to practice together more
7. Express North - similar to BBL with big athletic poles, but they didn't have consistent play on faceoffs, and not as much offensive firepower
8. LIE - a bit of a disappointment not making it to the final four of the North bracket. Skilled and well coached - not sure they have enough elite athletes right now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was wrong with the seeding ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was wrong with the seeding ?

Nothing. Every team has opportunity. At some point you have to beat good teams to qualify

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the folks in DE this weekend, how would you rank the teams you saw? Here's my take . . .

1. Venom - most balanced team, unselfish offense with great shooters everywhere - clearly the team to beat in Charlotte
2. 2Way - some of the best individual offensive players in DE this weekend - 44, 1, 16, 26 - all are studs, had to face off w pole vs Venom which will hurt
3. BBL - big athletic defense with good fogo will keep games close, but will need to score more to keep up with Venom
4. Eclipse - surprisingly strong performance this weekend - 7 is smooth
5. Freedom - balanced team, good goalie, not sure they have the alphas on offense to beat the better defenders
6. Blue Jays - some good pieces, got stronger as the weekend went on, will likely be a much stronger team in Charlotte as they get to practice together more
7. Express North - similar to BBL with big athletic poles, but they didn't have consistent play on faceoffs, and not as much offensive firepower
8. LIE - a bit of a disappointment not making it to the final four of the North bracket. Skilled and well coached - not sure they have enough elite athletes right now

No big arguments here. I think this is a good take. I didn't see the East teams play but saw all of the North teams.
1. Venom was clearly the best. They are so well coached and you can see the kids are 100% bought in. They don't take bad shots and work everything within the system...the most talented and disciplined team.
2. I think Eclipse has a slight edge on 2way but really splitting hairs.
3. Eclipse, 2 Way, Blue Jays, FCA, LI Express (they beat Blue Jays sat, lost sunday) definitely in the next group and very good teams capable of making a run.
4. LI Express North is a tough one to figure out but a rung below those teams IMO. Saw them play 2Way and they could have won that game. In fact they were either tied or leading going into the 4th if memory serves. Basing this ranking on looking at tourney machine. Barely beat Legacy and lost badly to eclipse. Had 2 kids that stood out, LSM and Middie but they seemed to have to do it all.

Either way, was a good weekend of lacrosse and some serious talent on display.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go look at the seeding GS,GA,GD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go look at the seeding GS,GA,GD

Why so cryptic? Tell us what your gripe is. Below are the tie breaker rules as laid out on the LWSC website. Are you saying that the seedings on day 2 did not follow the tie breaker rules below? Or are you stating that the round robin pools were not fair?

Tie Breakers will be as follows,Within Pools: Record, Head to Head, Goals Allowed, Goal Differential, Goals Scored, Coin Flip
Tie Breakers within Divisions: Record, Pool Place, Goals Allowed, Goal Differential, Goals Scored, Coin Flip
Max score differential per game will be capped at 10 goals

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard