BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 116 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain WHY the IAAM refuses to have playoffs for JV girl sports? What is IAAM reasoning? Is it up to the AD’s of the schools or is this an IAAM issue? A little unfair to have boys JV have playoff games but girls are not given the same opportunity. Anyone have an answer?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone explain WHY the IAAM refuses to have playoffs for JV girl sports? What is IAAM reasoning? Is it up to the AD’s of the schools or is this an IAAM issue? A little unfair to have boys JV have playoff games but girls are not given the same opportunity. Anyone have an answer?

JV playoffs are not the norm. I'd say most leagues do not have JV playoffs for boys or girls for any sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV playoffs are not the norm. I'd say most leagues do not have JV playoffs for boys or girls for any sport.

Not true! MIAA has playoffs for JV and a championship game for fresh/Soph teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true! MIAA has playoffs for JV and a championship game for fresh/Soph teams.

Like I said, MOST leagues. You've named one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol someone wants TShirt Will JV champs on it

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3rd grader that plays lax. What are the best club teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a high school forum go to 32-33 year page and ask there. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryvale is the new hero’s pipeline and will be in the running this year with BR turning it around quickly

The other poster was right. Maryvale staff is a powder keg. HC is good for a card a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I asked about the IAAM league and none others. Read before you comment. As a group of parents we are looking for equality and fairness for the girl side of JV. I was simply asking for reasoning as to why. Sometimes this forum can be full of knowledge and instead I get a snarky remark from a parent who can’t read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all!! But I bet if your daughter won the JV championship you would 100% be wearing it. Instead of giving a helpful comment don’t comment it’s not a good look for you or your daughter. Simply asking WHY the IAAM has JV girls not playing in championship games. Maybe a lawsuit will wake them up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all!! But I bet if your daughter won the JV championship you would 100% be wearing it. Instead of giving a helpful comment don’t comment it’s not a good look for you or your daughter. Simply asking WHY the IAAM has JV girls not playing in championship games. Maybe a lawsuit will wake them up.

My best guess is that JV is unofficial, there's not standings, there's no records like goals scored etc. Its simply a scrimmage to prepare for varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man. Someone wants a JV trophy for their junior playing JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it was easier for you to respond rudely then just answer the question? What is going on with people!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it was easier for you to respond rudely then just answer the question? What is going on with people!

Go to 2027 page, someone just asked this question (least for MD clubs).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS all the way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not trying to be rude but seems like an odd question. If you know so little about club lacrosse how did you find your way to this website? And then of all the forums on this site choose to ask it in the HS forum when your daughter is in 3rd grade?

Google is your friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Mercy mom now that the season started and they already got doubled up by RPCS? If you can't hang with RPCS this is going to be a very long season for the Queen's of the B conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lawsuit??? Based on what??? Like

I asked about the IAAM league and none others. Read before you comment. As a group of parents we are looking for equality and fairness for the girl side of JV. I was simply asking for reasoning as to why. Sometimes this forum can be full of knowledge and instead I get a snarky remark from a parent who can’t read.

I can read just fine. Like I said, it's not the norm. ONE league has jv playoffs. As my old football coach told me 30 years ago, "the only people who care about who wins a jv game are the people on this field and your parents." Just please don't sue me :eye roll:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lawsuit??? Based on what??? Like

I can read just fine. Like I said, it's not the norm. ONE league has jv playoffs. As my old football coach told me 30 years ago, "the only people who care about who wins a jv game are the people on this field and your parents." Just please don't sue me :eye roll:

I am not the original poster but really don’t care if they do or don’t have a jv championship. However to respond to the person above, who else other than the kids on the field and the parents should really care about any games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Maryvale is the upcoming team. Close game with McD yesterday. Ahead by five then lost by one. Some draw trouble with McD but pulled ahead in the end…..number one recruit comes in handy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top local club teams right now are Heros, M&D, and Skywalkers. That could change by the time your daughter enters high school. There are so many local club and most will offer the development that your 3rd grader needs right now. I would definitely check out the forum for that age though so you can get a better gauge of which teams are good at that age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that’s your logic then I guess Bryn Mawr is dropping down to B now too. Mercy has some talent. Why not empower this girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that’s your logic then I guess Bryn Mawr is dropping down to B now too. Mercy has some talent. Why not empower this girls?

Well Mercy just lost to Garrison. So they're really making an early statement. The correct answer should have been for the bottom teams in A to go down to B where they could be competitive. Not to move Mercy up to A and add another non-competitive team to the division.

How is it empowering the Mercy girls to go from winning B championships to winning 2 or 3 games this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Maybe Maryvale is the upcoming team. Close game with McD yesterday. Ahead by five then lost by one. Some draw trouble with McD but pulled ahead in the end…..number one recruit comes in handy."

Number one recruit? Guess we will all have a birds eye of the greatness if we stand on our tippy toes. Goalie mom sarcasm is great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Maybe Maryvale is the upcoming team. Close game with McD yesterday. Ahead by five then lost by one. Some draw trouble with McD but pulled ahead in the end…..number one recruit comes in handy."

Number one recruit? Guess we will all have a birds eye of the greatness if we stand on our tippy toes. Goalie mom sarcasm is great.

Biggest lead was 3 and #1 recruit for McD was the jr from NC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s the dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe Maryvale is the upcoming team. Close game with McD yesterday. Ahead by five then lost by one. Some draw trouble with McD but pulled ahead in the end…..number one recruit comes in handy.

Maryvale was an easy pick to make the playoffs this year with their coaching, existing talent and new lefty attack. And with a Heros pipeline, lower tuition, low admission standards and promise of playing time that parents will actually believe, they will be a playoff team until BR leaves when his daughter graduates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryvale was an easy pick to make the playoffs this year with their coaching, existing talent and new lefty attack. And with a Heros pipeline, lower tuition, low admission standards and promise of playing time that parents will actually believe, they will be a playoff team until BR leaves when his daughter graduates.

That's not really a high bar considering 10 out of 15 teams make the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's if the coaches don't beat each other up first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Harsh, but true. I would wager that this staff will not stay in place for 2-3 years. The HC will be at McD when TC moves on. Taking some of kids with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they made the playoffs last year under BR..lost in the QF's to McD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Harsh, but true. I would wager that this staff will not stay in place for 2-3 years. The HC will be at McD when TC moves on. Taking some of kids with him.

This isn't college. Isn't it difficult to switch private schools, distance, financials, enrollment, classes, not to mention you can't go from varsity from one school to the next without sitting out (so I have been told)

Did anyone go from GCS to Maryvale with him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This couldn’t come soon enough. Any word on when she is leaving?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BR is the man. Best thing ever happened was having him coach my kids. And he does it the right way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BR is the man. Best thing ever happened was having him coach my kids. And he does it the right way.

What is "the right way"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about the #1 recruit as the freshman goalie for McD? Really? That’s what you are going with? Someone’s ego is a little BIG right now. Maybe too many drinks at the club, beer goggles aren’t a good look goalie dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about the #1 recruit as the freshman goalie for McD? Really? That’s what you are going with? Someone’s ego is a little BIG right now. Maybe too many drinks at the club, beer goggles aren’t a good look goalie dad.

take it back to the 2026 board, troll. the statement was vague and inaccurate, but I would guess OP was referring to one of their middies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not really a high bar considering 10 out of 15 teams make the playoffs.

Understood, really meant top 6 seed in playoffs. They will be fighting NDP for the 4 seed next few years once GCS drops off after this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This couldn’t come soon enough. Any word on when she is leaving?
Don't hold your breath on BR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is "the right way"?

Good question. What is the right way? Are you referring to the confrontation that he had with a parent at a local establishment?

Like Reply Quote
Page 93 of 116 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard