BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 201 of 214 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...omen-class-of-2023-senior-rankings/60556

Congratulations to all the LI girls!! 3 in top 20, 9 in top 30. Guess these will be the girls named to the All-America game. A lot more than last year!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakdown of where the 21 "5 STAR" recruits are going...

BC 3
MD 3
Stanford 3
UNC 2
Clemson 2
Cuse 2
FL 2
Dartmouth 1
VA 1
Duke 1

I am not really a huge believer in the IL lists of top recruits, have seen way too many not pan out the way they should according to the list. And way many more not on the list, rise above IL expectations. But if you are a full believer of the list, there are your top recruiting schools. Congrats to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

BC 3
MD 3
Stanford 3
UNC 2
Clemson 2
Cuse 2
FL 2
Dartmouth 1
VA 1
Duke 1

I am not really a huge believer in the IL lists of top recruits, have seen way too many not pan out the way they should according to the list. And way many more not on the list, rise above IL expectations. But if you are a full believer of the list, there are your top recruiting schools. Congrats to them!

That can be said for any list. Right now these are the best players, and I really don’t see many surprises. Interesting where the top recruits are heading….and where they’re not. Love that Clemson has 2!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]My kid turned down princeton because it would have been too long a drive for us. Pls let us know what D1 school offers you turned down, because of roster size. thanks

You're missing the point. Committing to a D1 school and never seeing the field isn't for everyone. If the education, playing time, money and comfort is there in. D2 school for an athlete it's a wonderful thing. Travel is a consideration for some folks who don't have the money to fly to games and stay in hotels. Many families have other school age children, maybe one income homes or have disabled spouse or special needs kids that can't travel. So yea, sometimes D2 schools are a better fit, No sarcasm here, enjoy watching your child play wherever they decide because life throws you curveballs every now and then and you never know how long you have left. Peace.
This post is spot on! The people who post sarcastic comments are so ignorant. I for one am a small
Business owner with 4 kids under 16. My sophomore just commited to an excellent academic d2 school within a 3 hr drive of my home. That's what worked for us. She had 2 offers from good d1 lax schools. But they were not as good once you factored in the travel time expenses and th possibility of. Not playing as much.

My daughter is in recruiting and i tell her this story often. I had two friends with daughters in the 2021 Class. Both committed to highly academic schools so this story is from a lacrosse standpoint only. One of these girls was on a top MD club team - the second a mid tier level MD club team. But both from good clubs and both equally good players. During recruiting the girl on the top level team committed somewhat early to her D1 school with lots of help from her club's recruiting director and lot's of help from that club's reputation. SHe and her parents insisted she play D1. She had to have alot of intervention from her club coaches and director but she was able to commit to a D1 program. The second girl from the mid-tier team took until about mid february to commit. I watched the mom of the girl who committed quickly condescendingly pat the other mom on the head and say things like - don't worry she'll find a home - don't worry she'll have the summer to play - don't worry someone will see her. I guess she was trying to be nice but it was always with a smug headshake and a feeling of superiority - like my daughter is so good - her club team is a top team - know your place - know where your daughter's club team is in the pecking order and your turn will come. seemed like pure condescension. The mid tier player had some D1 offers from schools that they weren't interested in. Everyone kept encouraging her to accept those offers but she ended up committing to a top D3 program.

Fast forward to when it was time for those girls to play on their college teams. The girls at the D3 school played as a freshman and started and played essentially 80% of each game in fall ball and is being looked at as a starter. Would she have played if she had taken one of her D1 offers ??? Who knows ??? but she played a ton at her D3 team. The D1 player did not play except for 6 minutes in a blowout game her freshman season, barely played this fallball - maybe coming in in last 5 minutes of the games where everyone played, was the last attacker subbed in, and is saying she most liklely won't play again this spring. HEr family is very concerned because she's been relegated to the "practice squad" and they're considering transferring. Hopefully her daughter will get some time and they won't have to transfer but they aren't getting a good feeling.

So my take away is this 1) go to the school that best works for you. If it's a school where you may not see playing time and you're (TRULY) ok with that then by all means do it 2) BUT not playing is always better in practice than in reality. My friend's daughter is always upset, calling her parents crying and losing confidence while watching her contemporaries play while she sits the bench 3) just because a school is D1 does not mean your lax experience will be better 4) NEVER worry about what others say about your choices. It needs to work for you not them 5)most importantly - don't mock other people's options or choices. It may come back to haunt you wink

There's other discussions in there such as players from top clubs being given to benefit of the doubt over others and coaches and recruiting directors helping some girls more than others but that's for another post. my main point is the D1 for lax Is not always a better choice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to the above post! I have seen a very similar situation play out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC 3
MD 3
Stanford 3
UNC 2
Clemson 2
Cuse 2
FL 2
Dartmouth 1
VA 1
Duke 1

Thanks for the backhanded complement, in the end it is sour grapes and we hear the same BS every time the IL Rankings come out.

Over the years, the large majority of players recognized as Top 30 by Inside Lacrosse have go on to have very good college careers. The coaches at the best college programs tend to agree with IL and that is why the majority of the IL Top 30 players go to the Top 10-15 college programs. It is also why the Top 10 - 15 college programs remain the same year in and year out, they bring in the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC 3
MD 3
Stanford 3
UNC 2
Clemson 2
Cuse 2
FL 2
Dartmouth 1
VA 1
Duke 1

That can be said for any list. Right now these are the best players, and I really don’t see many surprises. Interesting where the top recruits are heading….and where they’re not. Love that Clemson has 2!

How do players get assigned stars by inside lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC 3
MD 3
Stanford 3
UNC 2
Clemson 2
Cuse 2
FL 2
Dartmouth 1
VA 1
Duke 1

How do players get assigned stars by inside lacrosse?

By their performance at their events like ID, Elite 8, Committed Academy, performance at certain tournaments like Lax for Cure, Presidents Cup, All-America games, and college and club coaches opinions. To a lesser extent HS performance and U18 team( 2nd rank recruit was cut from U19). Generally the girls on the list are the girls pick for the AA senior game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the teams to look out for this year in Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBP

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saint Anthony’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony’s is the best team on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a private school should be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBP

BBP Bridesmaids. They always almost win. Almost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone had a child that is a multi-sport athlete question about playing lax in college? My daughter is now undecided between two. Questioning can she do two in college (fool). Has it been done? I feel bad….she is stressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone had a child that is a multi-sport athlete question about playing lax in college? My daughter is now undecided between two. Questioning can she do two in college (fool). Has it been done? I feel bad….she is stressed.

Kenzie Kent at BC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My advice is to recruit for both and see what offers come in etc. We had the same issue and early on made the decision for LAX over soccer. While she is excelling in LAX, soccer was always a love too. She is happy only playing LAX at the D1 level and when I asked if she thought about playing both, she said no way! There is year round practice, it's hard on the body in season, daughter will need some down time. Most importantly the friends and allegiance she has made with her teammates is priceless. While it's been a roller coaster of a ride (the recruiting process is brutal IMO) she is very happy only playing 1 sport. (One school offered both...) A well rounded student athlete is the best we can all ask for in our child.

While recruiting also remember at D1 if you think you are and maybe have been "ranked" high, if selected to a top program - you could be sitting on the bench waiting for your turn. Although top lax programs are all excellent schools, there are other schools just as if not better academically. Take everything into consideration.

I your daughter wants to play both perhaps a lower competitive level......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MB (2016) from GC played both FH and lax at Georgetown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they would jump 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is this girl from RVC in our neighborhood that played lax and soccer for Yale about 5 years ago… the name escapes me but you could probably google it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Newsday top 100 is embarrassing. The reporters do not do any research and just post un checked stats that are reported by parents. For example, draw controls are not an actual reported stat by most teams, and embellished by those who do. Why are girls who play on teams that never win against any real competition a main feature? Lynbrook?? Is dad on Newsday? They have picture of the same girl 2X. Do your homework. They missed some of the actual best girls in the country because they don’t check the actual national rankings. Newsday is a JOKE. Let’s see who gets picked for the ALL AMERICA games!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony’s is the best team on Long Island.

I don’t think that is going to be the case this year. SA just got “schooled” by Bayport today in a scrimmage. They did not look good at all. They are definitely not the #1 HS team on LI! They would get beat easily by some of the top 5 Publics on LI. They look a mess and probably has a lot to do with their terrible coaching. They can’t coach their talent. The new addition to the coaching staff seems to be making things worse for that team. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Julia Dorsey at UNC plays soccer and lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBP

how'd they do against ST Anthonys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Newsday top 100 is embarrassing. The reporters do not do any research and just post un checked stats that are reported by parents. For example, draw controls are not an actual reported stat by most teams, and embellished by those who do. Why are girls who play on teams that never win against any real competition a main feature? Lynbrook?? Is dad on Newsday? They have picture of the same girl 2X. Do your homework. They missed some of the actual best girls in the country because they don’t check the actual national rankings. Newsday is a JOKE. Let’s see who gets picked for the ALL AMERICA games!

You knew this was coming. Guess your daughter didn’t make the list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While there are exceptions in high end schools like Kenzie Kent, Lower end schools definitely allow it more commonly. For D1 I know from experience LIU always has two sport athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches provide newsday with the names, and probably the stats which probably come from the parents. Let the kids have their moment. Take it up with your kids coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be real popular at parties. How does bringing down high school girls make you feel better? How insecure can someone be? Do you also not use your turn signal? Are you the one that bum rushes the exit aisle when de- boarding a plane? Do you tip 5% at dinner? BTW- that Lynbrook athlete is a Division 1 commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches nominate girls from their teams that they think should make it and coaches from other teams then add their two sense in and pick yes or no for the girls that are nominated. How in the world do you know about 100 different girl lacrosse players across the Island. You must be very busy watching film.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the official preseason rankings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBP

how'd they do against ST Anthonys?

Easy win for BBP. We hardly even broke a sweat against St Ants. They didn’t look so good. BBP best team on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches nominate girls from their teams that they think should make it and coaches from other teams then add their two sense in and pick yes or no for the girls that are nominated. How in the world do you know about 100 different girl lacrosse players across the Island. You must be very busy watching film.
I was told that the coaches have nothing to do with the selection process & that Newsday is sole selector of the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was told that the coaches have nothing to do with the selection process & that Newsday is sole selector of the players.

Completely 100% wrong. I was told verbally to my face from 2 different coaches who they voted/nominated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would Newsday have enough information on the players to make the determinations? I would think the HS coaches, Club Coaches, and League coordinators were involved? They were probably asked?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would Newsday have enough information on the players to make the determinations? I would think the HS coaches, Club Coaches, and League coordinators were involved? They were probably asked?

Newsday determines the number of slots a team receives (based on some estimation about how good the team will be) and then the team's coach picks players for those slots. Pretty simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bios given were so lacking in accuracy and left out important accolades for many players. Extremely biased articles were written. Just an awful job by Newsday, but can’t expect much better from a “news” source that has been going downhill fast.

Next we will see Newsdays favorite players pumping stats against weak competition. Scoring 10 goals against 3rd graders and bragging about it. Be smart and LOOK at the team matchups before crowning points leaders. Some teams have tough schedules, and some have cupcake walks

Like Reply Quote
Page 201 of 214 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard