BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 168 of 251 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Random observations from Baltimore Bloom.

1) Whatever happened to the Hawks last fall you can Forget about it......
2) Crabs were winning over Leading Edge most of the game, but Leading Edge came back and scored the game-winner with 20 seconds left.
3) Hawks dominated the faceoffs and possession against LI Express. The game outcome was over by halftime.
4) After a strong performance against Leading Edge, Crabs weren't competitive against LI Express.
5) Even though the Hawks vs. Leading Edge game was competitive, Hawks had contributions from a large collection of players. Leading Edge was more one dimensional.
6) Both Hawks and Crabs will have size advantages over NL, Bethesda, and True.
7) The week one and two HOCO match-ups [(Hawks vs. NL) and (Hawks vs. FCA)] will set the tone for the season.

I would have to agree with this observation as much as it pains me. Hawks looked solid. They filled the gaps on the defensive side of the ball. I was told they are injury plagued on the the offensive side. They are without starting face off and attack.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) Crabs were winning over Leading Edge most of the game, but Leading Edge came back and scored the game-winner with 20 seconds left.
3) Hawks dominated the faceoffs and possession against LI Express. The game outcome was over by halftime.
4) After a strong performance against Leading Edge, Crabs weren't competitive against LI Express.
5) Even though the Hawks vs. Leading Edge game was competitive, Hawks had contributions from a large collection of players. Leading Edge was more one dimensional.
7) The week one and two HOCO match-ups [(Hawks vs. NL) and (Hawks vs. FCA)] will set the tone for the season.

I would have to agree with this observation as much as it pains me. Hawks looked solid. They filled the gaps on the defensive side of the ball. I was told they are injury plagued on the the offensive side. They are without starting face off and attack.

Hawks looked tough and fast. Our Crabs took one on the chin today. Had a player ejected even- not the weekend we wanted before HOCO starts. More questions than answers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are the best team we've played this spring/fall. We couldn't run with them if we tried. Their attack is efficient, but the translation game is high school level. Good luck to everyone this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl with a sweet insta post caption against legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Post spring tournament HoCo rankings:

1. Hawks
2. FCA
3. Next Level
4. Madlax
5. Crabs
6. BLC
7. True Chesapeake
8. Team 91

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. FCA
3. Next Level
4. Madlax
5. Crabs
6. BLC
7. True Chesapeake
8. Team 91

FCA
Hawks
ML
NL
Crabs
BLC
Team 91
True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Fellowship of Christian Holdbacks is the team to beat in Elite this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the FCA folks be embarrassed by the obvious fact they brought on a ton of older bigger kids to finally win a meaningful championship of any kind? I think as a parent I would be. Coaches may not be, because it's their jobs to win at all costs. No doubt pictures of FCA kids towering over say a True kid will end up on the internet. If they do indeed win, it should have an asterisk beside their name. FCA= Fellowship of Christian Asterisks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. FCA
3. Next Level
4. Madlax
5. Crabs
6. BLC
7. True Chesapeake
8. Team 91

FCA
Hawks
ML
NL
Crabs
BLC
Team 91
True

Did FCA even play any spring games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait FCA is just doing what what every Maryland team does bring every kid from 27 to play 28

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the FCA folks be embarrassed by the obvious fact they brought on a ton of older bigger kids to finally win a meaningful championship of any kind? I think as a parent I would be. Coaches may not be, because it's their jobs to win at all costs. No doubt pictures of FCA kids towering over say a True kid will end up on the internet. If they do indeed win, it should have an asterisk beside their name. FCA= Fellowship of Christian Asterisks.

How many older kids did they bring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol at the same guy posting and responding to himself multiple times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fellowship of Christian Asterisks. Gold. That's why this is the best forum on the page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for HoCo champs from Elite to A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks vs. FCA in the elite finals. Not sure about the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are yours?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Elite championship

Hawks: +300
FCA: +300
Next Level: +600
Madlax: +1000
Crabs: +2000
Field: +5000

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DM and “con” are two words that go well together.

Very telling that he has to poach all this talent from other teams. Says a lot about development at that club.

See 24, 26 teams, etc.

I personally don’t get it. They sit out all the major tourneys.

actually the movement in the 24 and 26 classes says more about development at the players' prior club than its says about NL. Players don't jump around in 9th or 10th grade unless they are extremely unhappy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For elite I don’t really think there will be many upsets.

Hawks and FCA are probably the only teams that can beat one another.

ML and NL will be solid but probably won’t compete with the top two.

Crabs are sort of stuck in neutral it seems. Beating bad teams and losing to all the good ones.

BLC, 91 and True will play some entertaining games against one another.

Hawks beat FCA in Reg season. FCA beats Hawks for championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For elite I don’t really think there will be many upsets.

Hawks and FCA are probably the only teams that can beat one another.

ML and NL will be solid but probably won’t compete with the top two.

Crabs are sort of stuck in neutral it seems. Beating bad teams and losing to all the good ones.

BLC, 91 and True will play some entertaining games against one another.

Hawks beat FCA in Reg season. FCA beats Hawks for championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs might actually beat ML this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl with a sweet insta post caption against legacy

Ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs might actually beat ML this year.
ML will beat Crabs by no less than 5. You guys have all mailed it in on Madlax, they’re right up there w FCA and Hawks. They were dominant last summer, finished top 5 in the nation and the only team to beat 91 Venom and 2Way. They haven’t lost any players since then— why would they be bottom half of Elite?? Their coach costs them a couple goals per game with his behavior, but they’ve managed to compensate for him for years. They’ll continue to do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the good double holdback still on MadLax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop asking about specific kids. If you’re son plays against them, you can see for yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop asking about specific kids. If you’re son plays against them, you can see for yourself.

Will take that as a yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I think Elite is the biggest question, and top to bottom, the most competitive bracket (aside from one team begging for abuse). Each other bracket seems to have one team that should have probably played up, and unless they play down to their competition, should cruise.

Elite: Hawks vs FCA
AAA: Team Maryland (how many years in a row do they need to win this bracket?)
AA: Predators
A: BLC Orange
B: Madlax DMV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? My kid is on age and small for 2028 and I encourage him to just go out there and play. It makes him stronger both mentally and physically and if that is not the case for your kid, maybe he should pick up a different sport. Until there is a strict rule against it who actually cares? Such a waste of time talking about it. And while we are at it, stop singling out kids. Most have not made this decision themselves and are KIDS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will take that as a yes

What team does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I think Elite is the biggest question, and top to bottom, the most competitive bracket (aside from one team begging for abuse). Each other bracket seems to have one team that should have probably played up, and unless they play down to their competition, should cruise.

Elite: Hawks vs FCA
AAA: Team Maryland (how many years in a row do they need to win this bracket?)
AA: Predators
A: BLC Orange
B: Madlax DMV
Agree on these predictions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? My kid is on age and small for 2028 and I encourage him to just go out there and play. It makes him stronger both mentally and physically and if that is not the case for your kid, maybe he should pick up a different sport. Until there is a strict rule against it who actually cares? Such a waste of time talking about it. And while we are at it, stop singling out kids. Most have not made this decision themselves and are KIDS.

Meh, I mean, who cares, yes, and my is on age and small for 2028 also, and he plays up with 2027s on occasion so I also encourage him to embrace it, because it's reality.

BUT the truth is also that he's been cut twice in the last two years strictly due to his height, explicit words from the coaches "too short" and "get some more inches for next year". So let's not pretend that the army of 6'2" "7th graders" has zero impact on the sport, or on rosters or playing time. Because if it didn't, there wouldn't be nearly as many 14 and 15 year old 7th graders playing in HoCo this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will take that as a yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meh, I mean, who cares, yes, and my is on age and small for 2028 also, and he plays up with 2027s on occasion so I also encourage him to embrace it, because it's reality.

BUT the truth is also that he's been cut twice in the last two years strictly due to his height, explicit words from the coaches "too short" and "get some more inches for next year". So let's not pretend that the army of 6'2" "7th graders" has zero impact on the sport, or on rosters or playing time. Because if it didn't, there wouldn't be nearly as many 14 and 15 year old 7th graders playing in HoCo this spring.

Who has a 15 year old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who has a 15 year old?

Red Hots Nat'l 28s has "several" 15 y/os according to one of their dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who has a 15 year old?

First - they don’t play in HoCo.

Second they don’t have any 15 year olds. Just stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is cut strictly on size. There are of tiny kids all
Over the place. Guess the ole coach wanted to spare your feelings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who has a 15 year old?

Of course they don't play in HoCo, but they have several players who do. No clue about the ages of the HoCo kids. But how might you know that second part? Kids talk and parents talk. And they say there are 15-year-olds on the team. You seem to think the kids and parents are lying about the ages of the kids on their own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who has a 15 year old?

Of course they don't play in HoCo, but they have several players who do. No clue about the ages of the HoCo kids. But how might you know that second part? Kids talk and parents talk. And they say there are 15-year-olds on the team. You seem to think the kids and parents are lying about the ages of the kids on their own team.

The red hots are so old they make every hoco team look young

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will take that as a yes

Nice comeback, but again this clearly struck a nerve so I will take that as confirmation on the double holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do miaa coaches actually watch games or care about what kids do in HoCo?

How are they able to determine what middle schoolers they actually want?

Like Reply Quote
Page 168 of 251 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard