BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 247 of 264 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau County Lax Coaches Association has Pequa 1 Fdale 2 Port 3 Syo 4 whatever that means. Pequa will be a tough out same with Fdale. I think it will be the 2 of them battling for the Nassau Conference 1 Championship time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Difference between St A's and Chaminade ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Public school person here St. A much better for at least next 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One is good and one used to be good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One offers pa great education and the other doesn’t.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One offers pa great education and the other doesn’t.

Look at the Committed list on InsideLacrosse it tells the whole story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the hot tip, St A’s JV dad, but St A’s losing entire attack next year. Next ones in line, no disrespect, but aren’t anywhere close to that caliber. FYI. Your JV boy will be on JV again next year.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau County Lax Coaches Association has Pequa 1 Fdale 2 Port 3 Syo 4 whatever that means. Pequa will be a tough out same with Fdale. I think it will be the 2 of them battling for the Nassau Conference 1 Championship time will tell.

Can’t say I’m surprised. But that says a lot more about the quality of Nassau lacrosse, than it does about Massapequa. In Suffolk, they’d squeak by as a 500 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree, NIL money is a pipe dream. You will be lucky to get a few free heads/sticks with any NIL deal. If you really want to help your kid out, make sure they get good grades. My 2023 had a great full tuition offer at a top 20 school, with a combination of academic and athletic aid. The academic award was 16K more than the athletic, leaving us with room/board to cover. More than anything else, kids with good grades (+3.5 GPA) will be the real winners.
We have all spent boatloads of $$$ on our kids travel teams, don’t fool yourself that this is more than an end game of playing 4 years in college while getting a good deal to attend a decent university. As much as I love the sport, Nobody is getting rich playing lacrosse.

NIL is a pipe dream?? What do you base that statement on?

NIL is a brand new phenomenon in college recruiting for lacrosse. In fact, this is the first year (the 2024’s) that it is being offered as a financial incentive for recruiting purposes.

Apparently you have a 2024 and you weren’t offered any NIL money?? Dude you have no clue.

My kid is a 2024 committed to a big time D1 school. We were promised between10k-20k per year by the HC in NIL money. That’s a total of 40k to 80k over 4 years

I know others offered same.

We’re not talking a free pair of slides here. Has nothing to do with that. This is Booster money. You need to do some research. It’s out there but this is still an emerging phenomenon as it relates to lacrosse.

Bottom line: if your son is being recruited, ask for it. Not all schools are getting involved in it. Yet. Ivy’s aren’t touching it. But looks like many (most?) D1 programs are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree, NIL money is a pipe dream. You will be lucky to get a few free heads/sticks with any NIL deal. If you really want to help your kid out, make sure they get good grades. My 2023 had a great full tuition offer at a top 20 school, with a combination of academic and athletic aid. The academic award was 16K more than the athletic, leaving us with room/board to cover. More than anything else, kids with good grades (+3.5 GPA) will be the real winners.
We have all spent boatloads of $$$ on our kids travel teams, don’t fool yourself that this is more than an end game of playing 4 years in college while getting a good deal to attend a decent university. As much as I love the sport, Nobody is getting rich playing lacrosse.

NIL is a brand new phenomenon in college recruiting for lacrosse. In fact, this is the first year (the 2024’s) that it is being offered as a financial incentive for recruiting purposes.

Apparently you have a 2024 and you weren’t offered any NIL money?? Dude you have no clue.

My kid is a 2024 committed to a big time D1 school. We were promised between10k-20k per year by the HC in NIL money. That’s a total of 40k to 80k over 4 years

We’re not talking a free pair of slides here. Has nothing to do with that. This is Booster money. You need to do some research. It’s out there but this is still an emerging phenomenon as it relates to lacrosse.

Bottom line: if your son is being recruited, ask for it. Not all schools are getting involved in it. Yet. Ivy’s aren’t touching it. But looks like many (most?) D1 programs are.[/quote]
Please let us know when you see that check as promised. If you're choosing a school based on getting paid, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line: if your son is being recruited, ask for it. Not all schools are getting involved in it. Yet. Ivy’s aren’t touching it. But looks like many (most?) D1 programs are.[/quote]
Please let us know when you see that check as promised. If you're choosing a school based on getting paid, good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for the valuable insights, troll. Maybe it’s time to listen to wifey and find a job. There has to be more to life than trolling people on BOTC, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the hot tip, St A’s JV dad, but St A’s losing entire attack next year. Next ones in line, no disrespect, but aren’t anywhere close to that caliber. FYI. Your JV boy will be on JV again next year.[/quote]
What’s the breakdown Chaminade all Express kids and St A’s 91 kids ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please let us know when you see that check as promised. If you're choosing a school based on getting paid, good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for the valuable insights, troll. Maybe it’s time to listen to wifey and find a job. There has to be more to life than trolling people on BOTC, no?[/quote]

Thanks for a complete untrue statement. You realize NIL information is all public. Not a single lax player on the list. Not one. None.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the hot tip, St A’s JV dad, but St A’s losing entire attack next year. Next ones in line, no disrespect, but aren’t anywhere close to that caliber. FYI. Your JV boy will be on JV again next year.[/quote]
What’s the breakdown Chaminade all Express kids and St A’s 91 kids ?[/quote]

Two high caliber programs obviously. StA been better recently but all games very tight. Looks like Chaminade has better juniors on down but really who knows. Fun games to go watch. Academically....school placement....well.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are you asking? Lacrosse? Academics? College placement?

Lacrosse StA has the edge these days. Academics no comparison Chaminade. Placement no comparison Chaminade. Graduating with a sense of discipline and the ability to work hard and be respectful....just compare the student fans and walk on down towards Mineola.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are you asking? Lacrosse? Academics? College placement?

Lacrosse StA has the edge these days. Academics no comparison Chaminade. Placement no comparison Chaminade. Graduating with a sense of discipline and the ability to work hard and be respectful....just compare the student fans and walk on down towards Mineola.
School is important but lacrosse is importanter! Go Friars!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the thoughts in the LILJ rankings for LI. Still in pricess of releasing. I’ll say one thing for that organization, they do their homework. They know every team Inside and out. Say what you will, but it’s the most thought out ranking out there. Nothing else anywhere close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the hot tip, St A’s JV dad, but St A’s losing entire attack next year. Next ones in line, no disrespect, but aren’t anywhere close to that caliber. FYI. Your JV boy will be on JV again next year.
What’s the breakdown Chaminade all Express kids and St A’s 91 kids ?[/quote]

Two high caliber programs obviously. StA been better recently but all games very tight. Looks like Chaminade has better juniors on down but really who knows. Fun games to go watch. Academically....school placement....well.....[/quote]

This year, I highly doubt the games between St A and Chaminade will be close. There are several public schools on LI that are comparable to Chaminade this year, including Manhasset, GC, WM, SWR, BBP, Northport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two high caliber programs obviously. StA been better recently but all games very tight. Looks like Chaminade has better juniors on down but really who knows. Fun games to go watch. Academically....school placement....well.....[/quote]

This year, I highly doubt the games between St A and Chaminade will be close. There are several public schools on LI that are comparable to Chaminade this year, including Manhasset, GC, WM, SWR, BBP, Northport.[/quote]
sad especially as Chaminade has plenty of reclassed kids. At least STA is good with their reclasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the thoughts in the LILJ rankings for LI. Still in pricess of releasing. I’ll say one thing for that organization, they do their homework. They know every team Inside and out. Say what you will, but it’s the most thought out ranking out there. Nothing else anywhere close.

The homework is sending a questionnaire to all the coaches. Each teams write up comes off what the coaches answered on the questionnaire. The rankings also come from the questionnaire. They ask each coach who they think will be competitive and who will be tough to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two high caliber programs obviously. StA been better recently but all games very tight. Looks like Chaminade has better juniors on down but really who knows. Fun games to go watch. Academically....school placement....well.....

This year, I highly doubt the games between St A and Chaminade will be close. There are several public schools on LI that are comparable to Chaminade this year, including Manhasset, GC, WM, SWR, BBP, Northport.[/quote]
sad especially as Chaminade has plenty of reclassed kids. At least STA is good with their reclasses.[/quote]

Ok St A Daddy whose kid is 4th line attack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The homework is sending a questionnaire to all the coaches. Each teams write up comes off what the coaches answered on the questionnaire. The rankings also come from the questionnaire. They ask each coach who they think will be competitive and who will be tough to beat.
100% true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sad especially as Chaminade has plenty of reclassed kids. At least STA is good with their reclasses.[/quote]

There are 2 reclasses on the entire team. Both are sophomores that should be juniors - and made the team. One will play a ton (fogo) , one probably not much at all. Nor sure where you are digging from but keep trying. Enjoy the season and the rivalry pal, soon enough it will be over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe but still a good rundown on the best players on what should be very competitive teams. I don't think there's much of an argument on who top 9 are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true

You both just gave yourselves away. LILJ track what they consider the top teams/players very closely. They watch them multiple times during the season. They go to club events and throughout the summer. They research players that they notice thoroughly to include their highlight reels and recruiting website. If you aren’t aware of this it’s because your sons team isn’t what they consider good and they haven’t noticed or heard of your son. So your sons coach probably did just get the generic questionnaire, but I can assure you there was a lot more effort put forth in regards to strong teams. Don’t forget. Their new business model include the LI Games and other Allstar/highly selective events. They need to know who the top players are so they can get them to go to their new elite events. $$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true

You both just gave yourselves away. LILJ track what they consider the top teams/players very closely. They watch them multiple times during the season. They go to club events and throughout the summer. They research players that they notice thoroughly to include their highlight reels and recruiting website. If you aren’t aware of this it’s because your sons team isn’t what they consider good and they haven’t noticed or heard of your son. So your sons coach probably did just get the generic questionnaire, but I can assure you there was a lot more effort put forth in regards to strong teams. Don’t forget. Their new business model include the LI Games and other Allstar/highly selective events. They need to know who the top players are so they can get them to go to their new elite events. $$$$

Thanks. Wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true

My sons team isn’t StA’s or Chaminade but they are a top 20 team. LILJ is familiar with every kid that starts on the team and even some of the backups. They have seen the team play several times. Heck, they are even at his football games. Yeah, these guys absolutely do their due diligence. I’ve caught a couple of their podcasts and the comments that they make prove to me they are very knowledgeable about the subject matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe but still a good rundown on the best players on what should be very competitive teams. I don't think there's much of an argument on who top 9 are

This is BOTC. You’ll get an argument on everything. Let’s test my theory. What are your top 9 teams on LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the SA vs. Culver game available via streaming anywhere? Link? TIA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a livestream for the St. Anthony's vs. Culver game today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This year, I highly doubt the games between St A and Chaminade will be close. There are several public schools on LI that are comparable to Chaminade this year, including Manhasset, GC, WM, SWR, BBP, Northport.

Ok St A Daddy whose kid is 4th line attack[/quote]

Your Prediction for 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a livestream for the St. Anthony's vs. Culver game today?

14-10 is a great win for the boys from LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sad especially as Chaminade has plenty of reclassed kids. At least STA is good with their reclasses.

Your Prediction for 2023?[/quote]
St A currently looks like one of the top 1-2 teams in the country. Full take down of a loaded Culver team that had already played several games is a great start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true

My sons team isn’t StA’s or Chaminade but they are a top 20 team. LILJ is familiar with every kid that starts on the team and even some of the backups. They have seen the team play several times. Heck, they are even at his football games. Yeah, these guys absolutely do their due diligence. I’ve caught a couple of their podcasts and the comments that they make prove to me they are very knowledgeable about the subject matter.

Top 20??? Division is a Top20 team. Not sure what it means once you’re no longer in the top 3 in Conference in Nassau and Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade / St Anthony game this week was a slugfest. There is not other team on LI that could come anywhere close to either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade / St Anthony game this week was a slugfest. There is not other team on LI that could come anywhere close to either.

I brought my 8th grader to that game and agree. No other team can play with these guys. So deep at every position. Fun to watch! Refs were terrible I will say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I brought my 8th grader to that game and agree. No other team can play with these guys. So deep at every position. Fun to watch! Refs were terrible I will say

Have some respect for the officials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgot to sign your name Captain Obvious. Private schools that funnel kids from the two top clubs and also pull from the entire island can beat town teams, very impressive observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

another post that doesnt age well. I dont think Chaminade will win one of the games but it was darn close. Thats gonna sting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

another post that doesnt age well. I dont think Chaminade will win one of the games but it was darn close. Thats gonna sting.[/quote]

2 reclasses on Chaminade - one junior, one sophomore

Like Reply Quote
Page 247 of 264 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard