BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was the OP on Clemson. I didn’t say they were going to challenge the top ACC this year or next. All I said was after beating Duke they will be ranked top 25. They hit 24. Obviously gonna be years before they can beat teams like Syracuse or UNC. My point was how fast they went into the top 25.

Had some time to kill and was curious how teams actually have performed in recent years.

Looked at 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022 (did not look at 2020 or 2021 because of covid modifications).

There were a total of 20 teams that ended up ranked in the "Top 10" in the final poll during that span.

Below are the only teams to finish the season ranked in the Top 10 at the end of the season and their average rank for that time span. If a team was not ranked in the Top 20 a final ranking of 25 was used to calculate their average.

1 - Maryland - 2
2 - North Carolina - 3
3 - Boston College - 5
4 - Stony Brook - 7
5 - Northwestern - 8
6 - Florida - 8
7 - Syracuse - 9
8 - Princeton - 9
9 - Virginia - 13
10 - Penn - 14
11 - James Madison - 14
12 - Notre Dame - 15
13 - Penn State
14 - USC - 15
15 - Navy - 16
16 - Loyola - 16
17 - Denver - 17
18 - Stanford - 19
19 - Towson - 21
20 - Rutgers - 22

Obviously the usual suspect are at the top. Teams that appear to be on the upswing Denver, Loyola, maybe Rutgers. Teams that have fallen off a bit: Penn State, Navy, Towson. COVID may have hurt Penn. Duke not in the mix.

Not out of line to say the above are 20 of the "Best" Programs. Maybe a few not listed that could be considered a Top 20 Program. Michigan, Duke, any others??

I wish Clemson the best but just do not see them cracking that list of Top 10 programs anytime soon. Top 20 - 25 yes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think we will finally see Clemson in the top 25 this week. Took them five weeks to become a top 25. 😳
Think it is going to take a few years for Clemson to be a contender in the ACC but between the coaches, the new facility, and the campus, they are going to be very attractive for top talent and awesome transfers in the coming years. I also don’t recall a new team ever having a recruiting class like their incoming 23’s and 24’s

Most likely more than a few years before Clemson becomes a contender. Would be happy if any of my kids had the opportunity to attend Clemson and play for The Tigers but I believe it will be a while before they become competitive with the traditional top 10-20 programs. Even though the sport has grown we still do not see any real parity. There is a limited amount of talent and the top programs are for the most part all very good academic schools with a lot to offer in addition to competitive lacrosse. I think they have a good coach which is start but they still need to bring in the talent and apparently that is not so easy to do (Just ask the majority of coaches who rarely if ever crack the Top 20... that's about 95 coaches out of 120).

Tend to agree with you. People excited that they beat Duke, who is grossly overrated. Look at Dukes schedule. They try to ride on the reputation of the men’s team. Anytime they play a good team, they get destroyed. The stat padding is a joke. When Clemson is competitive with UNC, Cuse, we can start the conversation of how legit they are.

I detest Duke like most but they did go 6-2 last year in the acc and beat Boston college and lost to Syracuse by 2. They did get blown up by north carolina(who didn’t) and had a bad loss in the tournament but just because they play local in the “preseason” isn’t a reason to detest them. Let’s get back to hating them because they are Duke. My original point about Clemson stands. Their transfers will continue to be solid as the school is very attractive, their coach built a winning program at a school 1/10 the size at Richmond, and they are in South Carolina where the average winter temp is 55. Looking at their recruits for 23 and 24 and they are competitive to any of the top 10 programs. Not saying they will win a national championship in the next 5 years but think they are taking Floridas model and putting it on steroids and look to be top 10 consistently in the next 5 years is my opinion.

First off no one cares or comments on who Duke plays preseason ,what they detest is the fact that Duke plays against teams that are completely over matched during the season in all their non conference games and run up their stats . They do this to try and sneak into the Ncaa tournament by having an overall decent record while "playing" in the ACC and pad their players stats so they can get post season awards. Other teams play a highly competitive non conference schedule many times putting their NCAA tournament on the line doing so.

A 6-2 winning record in the acc should alone should get them in the tournament. As for non conference games, half of their out of conference schedule is identically to UNC, the other half unc played 3 top 25 teams and duke played 2. And mind you, UNC is the top team in the country and duke was 11-20. Again, I detest Duke but let’s not think there is some nefarious scheme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC out conference has 3 top 10 teams.
Duke has none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think we will finally see Clemson in the top 25 this week. Took them five weeks to become a top 25. 😳
Think it is going to take a few years for Clemson to be a contender in the ACC but between the coaches, the new facility, and the campus, they are going to be very attractive for top talent and awesome transfers in the coming years. I also don’t recall a new team ever having a recruiting class like their incoming 23’s and 24’s

Most likely more than a few years before Clemson becomes a contender. Would be happy if any of my kids had the opportunity to attend Clemson and play for The Tigers but I believe it will be a while before they become competitive with the traditional top 10-20 programs. Even though the sport has grown we still do not see any real parity. There is a limited amount of talent and the top programs are for the most part all very good academic schools with a lot to offer in addition to competitive lacrosse. I think they have a good coach which is start but they still need to bring in the talent and apparently that is not so easy to do (Just ask the majority of coaches who rarely if ever crack the Top 20... that's about 95 coaches out of 120).

Tend to agree with you. People excited that they beat Duke, who is grossly overrated. Look at Dukes schedule. They try to ride on the reputation of the men’s team. Anytime they play a good team, they get destroyed. The stat padding is a joke. When Clemson is competitive with UNC, Cuse, we can start the conversation of how legit they are.

I detest Duke like most but they did go 6-2 last year in the acc and beat Boston college and lost to Syracuse by 2. They did get blown up by north carolina(who didn’t) and had a bad loss in the tournament but just because they play local in the “preseason” isn’t a reason to detest them. Let’s get back to hating them because they are Duke. My original point about Clemson stands. Their transfers will continue to be solid as the school is very attractive, their coach built a winning program at a school 1/10 the size at Richmond, and they are in South Carolina where the average winter temp is 55. Looking at their recruits for 23 and 24 and they are competitive to any of the top 10 programs. Not saying they will win a national championship in the next 5 years but think they are taking Floridas model and putting it on steroids and look to be top 10 consistently in the next 5 years is my opinion.

First off no one cares or comments on who Duke plays preseason ,what they detest is the fact that Duke plays against teams that are completely over matched during the season in all their non conference games and run up their stats . They do this to try and sneak into the Ncaa tournament by having an overall decent record while "playing" in the ACC and pad their players stats so they can get post season awards. Other teams play a highly competitive non conference schedule many times putting their NCAA tournament on the line doing so.

A 6-2 winning record in the acc should alone should get them in the tournament. As for non conference games, half of their out of conference schedule is identically to UNC, the other half unc played 3 top 25 teams and duke played 2. And mind you, UNC is the top team in the country and duke was 11-20. Again, I detest Duke but let’s not think there is some nefarious scheme.

First off lets see what those non-conference "ranked" teams are at the end of the year . Second I went back and looked and for the past two seasons Duke has played exactly 0 non conference teams that finish the year ranked at all. Those last two years of playing zero ranked teams came on the heels of a year in which they did not make the NCAA tournament in which they played multiple highly ranked non conference teams , coincidence , I think not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off lets see what those non-conference "ranked" teams are at the end of the year . Second I went back and looked and for the past two seasons Duke has played exactly 0 non conference teams that finish the year ranked at all. Those last two years of playing zero ranked teams came on the heels of a year in which they did not make the NCAA tournament in which they played multiple highly ranked non conference teams , coincidence , I think not.

So you want teams to be able to forecast which teams are going to be good after the year ends vs using their preseason expectations? You must be amazing at gambling and the stock market.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – March 13

Clemson makes its program debut in the Top 25, leaping into the No. 24 spot of the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll. The first-year program makes its first appearance after pulling off an 11-10 upset over Duke.

The top three teams stayed put in Week 5, with No. 1 North Carolina and No. 2 Syracuse both remaining unbeaten through the early season. Florida jumped two spots this week after defeating Loyola.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 North Carolina (6 - 0) 599 (23) 1
2 Syracuse (7 - 0) 577 (1) 2
3 Northwestern (6 - 1) 552 3
4 Boston College (5 - 2) 508 5
5 Stony Brook (4 - 1) 498 4
6 Denver (7 - 0) 478 6
7 James Madison (7 - 1) 448 8
8 Florida (4 - 2) 432 10
9 Loyola (5 - 1) 396 7
10 Virginia (6 - 1) 394 9
11 Maryland (5 - 3) 368 11
12 Notre Dame (4 - 2) 338 12
13 Army (6 - 0) 291 14
14 Princeton (3 - 2) 245 16
15 Duke (4 - 3) 203 13
16 Yale (4 - 2) 202 15
17 Michigan (6 - 3) 201 19
18 USC (5 - 2) 153 20
19 Jacksonville (4 - 3) 143 22
20 UMass (6 - 1) 142 24
21 Stanford (3 - 3) 130 18
22 Rutgers (3 - 3) 98 17
23 Penn (3 - 2) 83 21
24 Clemson (7 - 2) 74 NR
25 Penn State (5 - 2) 61 NR
RV UConn, Johns Hopkins, Navy, Drexel, Richmond

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – March 13

UIndy earned 16 first-place votes in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll after earning a win over No. 11 Grand Valley to stay unbeaten. Florida Southern and West Chester earned five and two first-place votes, respectively, as they remain in the second and third slots.

While the top seven slots stayed locked in Week 4, East Stroudsburg dropped to No. 10 and Adelphi and Rollins jumped into the eighth and ninth positions, respectively.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

1 UIndy (7 - 0) 561 (16) 1
2 Florida Southern (7 - 0) 549 (5) 2
3 West Chester (4 - 0) 528 (2) 3
4 Tampa (6 - 1) 514 4
5 Le Moyne (4 - 0) 446 5
6 Pace (2 - 1) 444 6
7 Regis (CO) (4 - 0) 443 7
8 Adelphi (2 - 2) 400 9
9 Rollins (7 - 0) 386 10
10 East Stroudsburg (3 - 1) 359 8
11 Grand Valley (3 - 3) 348 11
12 Wingate (5 - 2) 322 12
13 Mercy (3 - 2) 294 13
14 Lynn (7 - 1) 290 14
15 Flagler (5 - 1) 240 15
16 Assumption (3 - 1) 229 16
17 Embry-Riddle (6 - 1) 197 18
18 Saint Leo (6 - 0) 180 20
19 Seton Hill (2 - 3) 158 17
20 New Haven (3 - 0) 146 19
21 Bentley (3 - 1) 92 22
22 Mercyhurst (2 - 1) 88 21
23 Saint Anselm (5 - 0) 61 25
24 Colorado Mesa (2 - 1) 53 24
25 Mount Olive (1 - 4) 43 23
RV Alabama Huntsville, Southern New Hampshire, Lee, Florida Tech, Maryville

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – March 13

No movement in the Top 5 carried into Week 3 of the ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll, with Middlebury earning 24 first-place votes. Tufts and Washington and Lee both earned one first-place vote as well.

Franklin & Marshall and Colby dropped two spots to the No. 8 slot while Colby fell from No. 7 to No. 12. William Smith and Wesleyan both advanced into the sixth and seventh positions, respectively.

Williams made its first appearance in the Top 25 this season, earning the 24th-ranked position thanks to a 10-8 upset over Colby this weekend.

1 Middlebury (3 - 0) 648 (24) 1
2 Tufts (2 - 0) 618 (1) 2
3 TCNJ (4 - 0) 585 3
4 Washington and Lee (6 - 0) 566 (1) 4
5 Salisbury (5 - 1) 538 5
6 William Smith (3 - 0) 486 8
7 Wesleyan (3 - 0) 483 10
8 Franklin & Marshall (2 - 2) 476 6
9 Gettysburg (2 - 3) 410 9
10 York (2 - 1) 386 11
11 Ithaca (4 - 1) 355 12
12 Colby (0 - 3) 353 7
13 Cortland (2 - 1) 341 13
14 Messiah (4 - 1) 317 14
15 Bowdoin (2 - 1) 286 16
16 Chicago (3 - 0) 266 17
17 Trinity (3 - 1) 209 19
18 Roanoke (4 - 1) 200 18
19 St. Lawrence (1 - 1) 180 15
20 Pomona-Pitzer (6 - 0) 175 20
21 Catholic (2 - 4) 119 21
22 Hamilton (0 - 2) 99 22
23 Amherst (2 - 1) 84 24
24 Williams (3 - 1) 57 NR
25 Geneseo (1 - 1) 53 23
RV Haverford, Stevens, Dickinson, St. John Fisher, Kenyon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the OP on Clemson. I didn’t say they were going to challenge the top ACC this year or next. All I said was after beating Duke they will be ranked top 25. They hit 24. Obviously gonna be years before they can beat teams like Syracuse or UNC. My point was how fast they went into the top 25.

Had some time to kill and was curious how teams actually have performed in recent years.

Looked at 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022 (did not look at 2020 or 2021 because of covid modifications).

There were a total of 20 teams that ended up ranked in the "Top 10" in the final poll during that span.

Below are the only teams to finish the season ranked in the Top 10 at the end of the season and their average rank for that time span. If a team was not ranked in the Top 20 a final ranking of 25 was used to calculate their average.

1 - Maryland - 2
2 - North Carolina - 3
3 - Boston College - 5
4 - Stony Brook - 7
5 - Northwestern - 8
6 - Florida - 8
7 - Syracuse - 9
8 - Princeton - 9
9 - Virginia - 13
10 - Penn - 14
11 - James Madison - 14
12 - Notre Dame - 15
13 - Penn State
14 - USC - 15
15 - Navy - 16
16 - Loyola - 16
17 - Denver - 17
18 - Stanford - 19
19 - Towson - 21
20 - Rutgers - 22

Obviously the usual suspect are at the top. Teams that appear to be on the upswing Denver, Loyola, maybe Rutgers. Teams that have fallen off a bit: Penn State, Navy, Towson. COVID may have hurt Penn. Duke not in the mix.

Not out of line to say the above are 20 of the "Best" Programs. Maybe a few not listed that could be considered a Top 20 Program. Michigan, Duke, any others??

I wish Clemson the best but just do not see them cracking that list of Top 10 programs anytime soon. Top 20 - 25 yes.

Sorry but Rutgers is not on an upswing. Every week they drop in rankings and lost to unranked teams like Army & Penn State. heck, they almost lost to Vanderbilt today. Their preseason ranking was 8 and this week they are sitting at 22. I wouldn’t call that an upswing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Maryland - 2
2 - North Carolina - 3
3 - Boston College - 5
4 - Stony Brook - 7
5 - Northwestern - 8
6 - Florida - 8
7 - Syracuse - 9
8 - Princeton - 9
9 - Virginia - 13
10 - Penn - 14
11 - James Madison - 14
12 - Notre Dame - 15
13 - Penn State
14 - USC - 15
15 - Navy - 16
16 - Loyola - 16
17 - Denver - 17
18 - Stanford - 19
19 - Towson - 21
20 - Rutgers - 22

Sorry but Rutgers is not on an upswing. Every week they drop in rankings and lost to unranked teams like Army & Penn State. heck, they almost lost to Vanderbilt today. Their preseason ranking was 8 and this week they are sitting at 22. I wouldn’t call that an upswing.

I think they were talking about the program as a whole as in teams that have not really been considered top 20, 10 years ago that now are starting to.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win for Yale. YJ Duke thug ball player cost them game. Time for lessons to be learned!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke cannot get it done at home against Yale. Yale's goalie was their starting field hockey goalie that is not regularly part of the lacrosse program. Was brought up as an emergency starter. Duke has 8 graduate students and 12 seniors on the roster. Incredible experience playing together. If not now when? They will have to beat UVA, UNC or Syracuse in the regular season to get a top 20 win before the ACC tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Annabel Frist – Stanford University

Frist recorded a career-high eight goals in No. 21 Stanford’s win over University at Albany on Sunday. Her performance tied a program record for goals in a game, while she also recorded a career-high nine points and draw controls (13) in the matchup as well.

Emma Ward – Syracuse University

Ward posted career highs in points (8) and assists (7) in No. 2 Syracuse's victory against No. 12 Notre Dame. The win improved SU's record to 7-0, matching the best start in program history. She assisted on four of the Orange's first five goals as they jumped out to a 5-1 lead. Ward added two more assists in the second quarter as Syracuse led 10-3 at halftime. Ward's seven assists tie for second on the 'Cuse single-game record list.

Defensive Player of the Week

Emily Lamparter – Clemson University

Lamparter played all 60 minutes against No. 13 Duke and made nine critical saves on 19 shots in Clemson’s first ever win against a top-15 ranked opponent. She saved four out of Duke's six free position shots and was key to the upset victory. The 7-2 Tigers also entered into the top 25 national rankings this week, landing at No. 24 in the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division I Poll.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week

Sydney Tiemann – Maryville University

Tiemann tied her own program record of goals in a game with eight against Missouri Western State University. The senior attacker scored all eight goals in the second half with her final tally coming with just twenty seconds remaining to lead the Saints to the 12-11 victory. Maryville is now 6-0 on the season.

Defensive Player of the Week

Jessica Harclerode – Saint Leo University

The freshman goalkeeper was a key component in the upset win over No. 17 Seton Hill with 12 saves on 22 shots. She set a career-high in saves (13) in the 11-7 win over Montevallo to cap the 3-0 week for the No. 20 Lions. At 6-0, Saint Leo climbed to the No. 18 ranking in the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division II Poll.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Jane Earley – Middlebury College

Earley guided No. 1 Middlebury to a pair of New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) victories this past week, leading the team with 12 points (8 goals, 4 assists) and 12 draw controls. The senior tallied five goals against No. 16 Bowdoin, including back-to-back markers late in the contest to give Middlebury a two-goal edge. In Saturday’s contest against Connecticut College, Earley tallied a hat trick in the opening quarter.

Autumn Kraemer – Brevard College

Kraemer matched the program single-game record with nine goals and set a program single-game record for points (12) in the 18-5 victory over Sweet Briar College.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Caroline Pratt – Williams College

The sophomore goalkeeper played the final 30 minutes and made six saves to earn the 10-8 upset victory over No. 7 Colby. The win pushed Williams College into the top-25 rankings of the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division III Poll, landing at No. 24.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Rachel Keefe – University of Chicago

Keefe recorded 16 saves after facing 21 shots on goal against the University of Mary Washington on Sunday, defeating the Eagles 7-5. The Maroons (3-0) have slid up to the No. 16 position in the latest ILWomen / IWLCA Division III rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of nasty fouls by Yale....cross checks and slashes all game long. Not sure why you are making thug ball references when they are doing the same thing. Time to get off of your high horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of nasty fouls by Yale....cross checks and slashes all game long. Not sure why you are making thug ball references when they are doing the same thing. Time to get off of your high horse.

Agree but they need to start calling the flopping . Player on Duke getting 8 meter shots diving to the ground and what is more amazing is prior to diving to the ground she grabs her head to try and get a yellow card , no yellow card given but the refs do nothing about the obvious poor sportsmanship /embellishment which was supposed to be a point of emphasis this year. Watching that game its amazing these are obviously very smart people because the lax IQ on the players especially from Duke was almost non existent. Not sure how many turnovers they had but it could have been twice as many as they kept getting their forced passes back, alot of their offense was throwing a bad pass to the middle and picking up the loose ball to get a shot off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Between this game and the SB/NW game, it's becoming "not fun" to watch. The amount of flopping, theatrics, legit fouls, etc....it's ridiculous to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Between this game and the SB/NW game, it's becoming "not fun" to watch. The amount of flopping, theatrics, legit fouls, etc....it's ridiculous to watch.

They need to make flopping and severe unsportmanlike conduct which yields a straight red card. After it gets called a couple times, the problem will be solved almost immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give the refs the ability to watch a replay and each team gets a challenge , if it’s determined that there was embellishment it’s a YC and a turnover .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree but they need to start calling the flopping . Player on Duke getting 8 meter shots diving to the ground and what is more amazing is prior to diving to the ground she grabs her head to try and get a yellow card , no yellow card given but the refs do nothing about the obvious poor sportsmanship /embellishment which was supposed to be a point of emphasis this year. Watching that game its amazing these are obviously very smart people because the lax IQ on the players especially from Duke was almost non existent. Not sure how many turnovers they had but it could have been twice as many as they kept getting their forced passes back, alot of their offense was throwing a bad pass to the middle and picking up the loose ball to get a shot off.

Agree. It’s not just in the Duke game. It’s becoming an epidemic. Flopping goes on way too much. Pretty soon it will be as prevalent as soccer. Say three times fake head injuries in a Syracuse game last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They need to make flopping and severe unsportmanlike conduct which yields a straight red card. After it gets called a couple times, the problem will be solved almost immediately.

Red is a little excessive but yeah. Something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Embellishment is a 2 minute penalty in ice hockey, should be a yellow in lacrosse. Still not sure what the thug reference is about when there is a physical play and flopping in every single game at D1 level. Kind of irresponsible of any adult to come on here and call a college kid a thug when the actions she is displaying is common place in todays game. According to that posters logic, there are thugs on every team, including Yale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a more realistic rules change would be to give suspensions for cumulative yellows over the course of a season. (A few other states already do this at the high school level).

For example, after 4 yellows in a season you miss the next game; after 8 yellows, you miss next 2 games, any yellow after that, you automatically miss the next game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No skin in this game. If I’m being honest I see both sides. No one who is on this site and has a daughter who is at this level of play wants to see anyone to get hurt. Does anyone here think that any of these girls are doing any of this on purpose? Do I think that possibly collegiate coaches are encouraging their players to embellish or “act” a little when they are fouled? Of course they are… in the spirit of healthy competition, coaches that don’t do it will be seen by some parents as not good, and opponents parents at times will say I wish our/my kid would do a little more selling of the foul to try and get the call… It’s the refs job to be dialed in and determine what is real and what is dangerous…to control the game. Since we know this is happening and will be part of this game going forward maybe it is time to get more qualified refs and instant replay like in other sports to be able to penalize appropriately. Although, this resulted in a serious injury to a young girl. I’m pretty confident in saying that not one of those players on either side was coached to hurt another player. Let’s keep it real parents. But having concrete consequences to actions that potentially hurt another player wouldn’t be a bad thing either. =Anonymous]I think a more realistic rules change would be to give suspensions for cumulative yellows over the course of a season. (A few other states already do this at the high school level).

For example, after 4 yellows in a season you miss the next game; after 8 yellows, you miss next 2 games, any yellow after that, you automatically miss the next game.[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about let’s start with enforcing the rules that are in place. This is done with training Refs properly and continuous education. This is a lack of US lacrosse the governing body of lacrosse.

There are easy calls that need to be made besides cross checks.

On draw you have to be toeing the line on your side. No one foot should be on the center draw line. Sticks can’t move once ball is set

On free position you can’t be on 8M line-this is defense or offense

The defender or attacker can’t check towards the body. We now allow the checking to people’s hands and arms.

These are few of many that are easy.

In Women’s lacrosse more times than not the fouling of a player helps the team that fouled.

THAT IN ITSELF IS THE PROBLEM .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Maryland - 2
2 - North Carolina - 3
3 - Boston College - 5
4 - Stony Brook - 7
5 - Northwestern - 8
6 - Florida - 8
7 - Syracuse - 9
8 - Princeton - 9
9 - Virginia - 13
10 - Penn - 14
11 - James Madison - 14
12 - Notre Dame - 15
13 - Penn State
14 - USC - 15
15 - Navy - 16
16 - Loyola - 16
17 - Denver - 17
18 - Stanford - 19
19 - Towson - 21
20 - Rutgers - 22

Obviously you have difficulty with reading comprehension as well as grasping concepts. The post was not looking at a particular game or season, it was viewing "programs" and how they have fared in recent years and how the program has been trending. Rutgers, as a program has certainly improved in recent years. One game or one season does not make a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Women’s lacrosse more times than not the fouling of a player helps the team that fouled.

THAT IN ITSELF IS THE PROBLEM .

Definitely one of the biggest problems. The fouls actually help the defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the invention of the zone defense in Womens. Refs have forget the rule of defense players moving into the path of a Shot, Follow through or shooter gets a step to shot(not a charge). I am noticing many times when teams pass into the middle of the 8M which is what a zone gives you the below defensive players move in underneath the player and into the path of shot or follow through as the come from many times the back side of the shooter.

THIS SHOULDN'T BE YELLOW.(even if they grab every part of their body-LOL). All questionable Yellows should be reviewable. We have it now, use it. Refs are human and can't see it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the invention of the zone defense in Womens. Refs have forget the rule of defense players moving into the path of a Shot, Follow through or shooter gets a step to shot(not a charge). I am noticing many times when teams pass into the middle of the 8M which is what a zone gives you the below defensive players move in underneath the player and into the path of shot or follow through as the come from many times the back side of the shooter.

THIS SHOULDN'T BE YELLOW.(even if they grab every part of their body-LOL). All questionable Yellows should be reviewable. We have it now, use it. Refs are human and can't see it all.

Making yellow cards reviewable will take an already slow game with no flow to a standstill. The rules are all about player safety so that is always going to be detrimental to the defense. I do not see any way there can be an improvement currently. The quick start and the shot clock were the two best things that happened to this game and made it at least watchable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully Stanford will finally be out of the Top 25 now. As said multiple times by many. Had no business being there. It’s not a science experiment, it’s a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mighty Stanford Cardinals are 3-4 with loses to Colorado and U of Albany. yeah..program is well on it's way to irrelevancy in 2-3 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making yellow cards reviewable will take an already slow game with no flow to a standstill. The rules are all about player safety so that is always going to be detrimental to the defense. I do not see any way there can be an improvement currently. The quick start and the shot clock were the two best things that happened to this game and made it at least watchable

Now get rid of the draw. The only draws are to start the game and start the 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s Stanford doing? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To stop the overly physical play, you have to make the penalties harsh enough that coaches will change. It also has to be easy to administer as to not slow down the game. A few "radical" changes...

*Yellow cards #5 - #6 becomes a 4min non-releasable and draw defaults to the other team after every goal.
*Yellow #7 and above, each card you play down a player for remainder of the game and draw default continues.
*Cumulative team foul impact- All major team fouls over 5 per quarter results in an automatic clear if in defensive end or an 8m if in the offensive end

*Refs have to call cross checks that are forcefully extended into the other player as a yellow card
*Refs have to call the dangerous follow throughs on offensive players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to BC? They’re falling apart. Missing North bad! New #1 in town Northwestern, and we’ll deserved!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Izzy Scane > Charlotte North

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the “did she steal your daughters boyfriend “ poster today . She should have treated the ball today like she treated all those other girls boyfriends . A seasons worth of turnovers in one game has to be some sort of record .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s Stanford doing? Asking for a friend.

Watched them play yesterday. They have some excellent players. #33 is a fantastic player who would excel anywhere. They also have a few other real standouts, and talented freshman that are starting to get in. They are finally playing #22 who was UA MVP and scored two goals. I don’t think they are coached well, especially offensively. You can’t win the majority of draws and not score more. Their defense is also a big problem. There are some players that are real liabilities on the field. They need to fix a few of those issues, and would vastly improve. Guess that could be said for many other teams as well. They will likely get better as the season progresses and make the tournament. Time will tell

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard