BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 112 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just took an initial look at the schedule.

Initial thoughts

Very even and well balanced unless you are Next Level. Interesting how some teams got multiple double headers while others got none.

easiest schedule -- Coppermine
hardest schedule -- Next Level by far, then BLC

Prediction Finish

1) HG 8-0
2) M&D 8-0
3) MDU 7-1
4) BLC 6-2
5) Pride 6-2
6)

The Coppermine/ SW game will likely determine last playoff spot on 4/24.

The bracket is no longer on tourney but this morning showed an 8 team playoff…

If that's true, then I'd go

6) SW 6-2
7) Coppermine 5-3
8)

April 30th game between Renegades and Integrity to determine last spot and ability to get blown out in first round of playoffs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it seem strange to anyone else that they pretty much took 2 weeks out of the season? For a majority of teams, they will start on March 26th and be done by April 30th, assuming they don't make playoffs. (A few teams have their last regular season game on May 6th).

Feels very compressed and also strange that there could be six weeks from last NGLL game to first major summer tourney. Even some very good teams who lose in first round of playoffs will have 4 or 5 weeks off.

My guess is some coaches will add some scrimmages in so teams don't show up flat to Live Love Lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules posted....

Very watered down for top teams. With 18 teams, a lot of the heavy hitters aren't playing each other.

M&D's schedule looks difficult.
Schedules posted....

Very watered down for top teams. With 18 teams, a lot of the heavy hitters aren't playing each other.

I don't think any of the top teams schedules are overly tough. At least by rankings standards. But anything can happen.

M&D should be playing Hero's before MC Elite and Next Level. Those games won't be fun for anyone involved.

BLC at least has 2 tough games. Hero's and M&D only have 1. Obviously they would make playoffs no matter what. But would have been nice to see the 2 best teams playing each other.

What do you define as “tough game”?

If HG plays anyone outside of BLC and M&D, it’s not tough?

HG has to play on eastern shore in early AM game against M&D Shore who get to roll out of bed and go to fields, then they have to play a fresh MDU a few hours later. I think you should evaluate your logic.

Hopefully M&D Shore will decide to play the entire game this year.
[quote=Anonymous]Schedules posted....

Schedules posted....

I don't think any of the top teams schedules are overly tough. At least by rankings standards. But anything can happen.

M&D should be playing Hero's before MC Elite and Next Level. Those games won't be fun for anyone involved.

BLC at least has 2 tough games. Hero's and M&D only have 1. Obviously they would make playoffs no matter what. But would have been nice to see the 2 best teams playing each other.

What do you define as “tough game”?

If HG plays anyone outside of BLC and M&D, it’s not tough?

HG has to play on eastern shore in early AM game against M&D Shore who get to roll out of bed and go to fields, then they have to play a fresh MDU a few hours later. I think you should evaluate your logic.

Hopefully M&D Shore will decide to play the entire game this

Well that's not subtle. Ouch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it seem strange to anyone else that they pretty much took 2 weeks out of the season? For a majority of teams, they will start on March 26th and be done by April 30th, assuming they don't make playoffs. (A few teams have their last regular season game on May 6th).

Feels very compressed and also strange that there could be six weeks from last NGLL game to first major summer tourney. Even some very good teams who lose in first round of playoffs will have 4 or 5 weeks off.

My guess is some coaches will add some scrimmages in so teams don't show up flat to Live Love Lax.

I feel like Summer Impulse is pretty significant summer tournament which is like June 3 or 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D would definitely be top 3 no matter what schedule they had but they also definitely have the easiest schedule. BLC has the toughest of the top tier teams. Finally the fields have it so all teams travel for games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D would definitely be top 3 no matter what schedule they had but they also definitely have the easiest schedule. BLC has the toughest of the top tier teams. Finally the fields have it so all teams travel for games.

Impulse is usually a good warm-up tournament for a lot of teams. That or they UMD play day

I feel like Summer Impulse is pretty significant summer tournament which is like June 3 or 4

Impulse is usually a good warm-up tournament for a lot of teams. That or they UMD play day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC definitely has the hardest schedule playing M&D and Heros

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the number 1 team in the country for the last 3 years would finish top 3 locally no matter what schedule? Great insight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree to disagree. Almost all local teams, no playoffs. It’s live action but not exactly a tourney folks look forward to. Also in 8th grade, lots of teams have roster gaps due to graduation conflicts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
notIntelligent M&D doesn’t play Hero’s Green. That has to be by design.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the number 1 team in the country for the last 3 years would finish top 3 locally no matter what schedule? Great insight.

Helps getting the number 1 ranking when you make the schedule and always get an easy schedule where you can beat up on everyone. Otherwise could be number 2 or 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree to disagree. Almost all local teams, no playoffs. It’s live action but not exactly a tourney folks look forward to. Also in 8th grade, lots of teams have roster gaps due to graduation conflicts

I think anytime you go against top -20 competition it’s a major tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax impulse has a weak field! Schedule is jammed in too. Not a fun event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think anytime you go against top -20 competition it’s a major tournament.

That's why it is a warm-up tournament. No playoffs for a warm-up tournament, same goes for UMD Playday. More important for high school teams that haven't played a game together in months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Helps getting the number 1 ranking when you make the schedule and always get an easy schedule where you can beat up on everyone. Otherwise could be number 2 or 3.

Hero's and M&D play hardest strength of schedule every year. That's why they are always on top. Can't be #1 playing cupcakes like your daughter's team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's and M&D play hardest strength of schedule every year. That's why they are always on top. Can't be #1 playing cupcakes like your daughter's team

If you make it to the semis and finals of these summer tournaments then your SOS greatly goes up. But M&D has routinely played a weak NGLL schedule and this year not much different.
In their defense M&D can't play itself, which is typically hardest team on their opp schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you make it to the semis and finals of these summer tournaments then your SOS greatly goes up. But M&D has routinely played a weak NGLL schedule and this year not much different.
In their defense M&D can't play itself, which is typically hardest team on their opp schedule.

In theory this is probably correct. But if you look at the results from NGLL last year, it looks like they beat BLC and Hero's in semis and finals to win Mid-Atlantic. Then Eagle Stix and Madskilz to win the Nationals. So while the regular season is watered down, it looks like the playoffs both locally and nationally are quite the gauntlet.

While my daughter's team isn't the type of team that can compete with the likes of M&D and Hero's...I still like watching her play against them. Only way to get better is by playing the better teams.

While I am sure the Mid-Atlantic champion will come from one of the "big three"...it would be nice for my daughter's team to make the playoffs for once. Seems like a cool event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In theory this is probably correct. But if you look at the results from NGLL last year, it looks like they beat BLC and Hero's in semis and finals to win Mid-Atlantic. Then Eagle Stix and Madskilz to win the Nationals. So while the regular season is watered down, it looks like the playoffs both locally and nationally are quite the gauntlet.

While my daughter's team isn't the type of team that can compete with the likes of M&D and Hero's...I still like watching her play against them. Only way to get better is by playing the better teams.

While I am sure the Mid-Atlantic champion will come from one of the "big three"...it would be nice for my daughter's team to make the playoffs for once. Seems like a cool event.

With 8 playoff seeds this year, I think its possible for a darkhorse to make a run.
Very possible you see a HG vs M&D before the finals as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many American Select teams Maryland will get this year. I heard (admittedly from an unreliable source) that 2025 would be the only age group where states/regions would get multiple teams per age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With 8 playoff seeds this year, I think its possible for a darkhorse to make a run.
Very possible you see a HG vs M&D before the finals as well.

Not sure I see much chance of a dark horse since barring multiple major upsets will be M&D, Heros, BLC and MDU.

If I had to pick one, I think potentially Pride could pull a quarterfinal upset, mainly on the strength of their draw girl, who has the ability to win 80% of the draws in a game. However, the odds of doing that three straight times are pretty remote.

What could be interesting in the playoffs is that BLC could end up as the 4 seed, meaning the #2 seed will have an easier path.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on schedules I predict these teams finish top 8:
Hero’s Green 8-0 / 7-1 are M&D (only possible loss is to BLC), BLC (if beats M&D) & Pride / 6-2 MDU & Coppermine since both have relatively easy schedules/ SW 5-3 and honestly can’t predict the eighth & final team. Now only upsets would be if Hero’s and M&D didn’t finish 1 & 2 in either order, BLC in Top 4 or if Pride & MDU didn’t finish Top 8. Everything else is up in the air for the taking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on schedules I predict these teams finish top 8:
Hero’s Green 8-0 / 7-1 are M&D (only possible loss is to BLC), BLC (if beats M&D) & Pride / 6-2 MDU & Coppermine since both have relatively easy schedules/ SW 5-3 and honestly can’t predict the eighth & final team. Now only upsets would be if Hero’s and M&D didn’t finish 1 & 2 in either order, BLC in Top 4 or if Pride & MDU didn’t finish Top 8. Everything else is up in the air for the taking.

Way too much time and went through all the schedules:

1 Hero's Green and M&D (8-0): Just don't see anyone upsetting them this year and they don't play eachother
3 MD United (7-1): Favorable schedule with only loss to Hero's Green. Pride is only other "tough" game
4 BLC, Pride & Skywalkers (6-2): BLC got done dirty by the schedule makers. 1 of 3 teams to get both M&D & Hero's Green (others are Next Level & Renegades). Pride loses to Hero's Green & MD United. Skywalkers gets a great schedule draw and could move up to tie for #3 if they can upset Pride - time to see if they have added enough pieces to make the step up this season.
7-11 Hero's White, Integrity, M&D Shore, Renegades & Stars (5-3/4-4): this is where it will get messy. A bunch of teams that look to be 5-3 or 4-4 and too many scenarios to predict who gets the honor of being opening round fodder for M&D and Hero's Green.
12-13 CCLax & Coppermine (3-5): Both could move into the 7-11 group, but Coppermine is such an enigma to figure out.
14 NEMS (2-6): Lost too much with other teams making improvements
15-18 FCA, MC Elite, Next Level & Rebels (1-7/0-8): tough first season in the A division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you had a lot of time. Still enjoyed the read and insight. Good luck to everyone this year and may it be a healthy one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many American Select teams Maryland will get this year. I heard (admittedly from an unreliable source) that 2025 would be the only age group where states/regions would get multiple teams per age group.

Why would you want to pay so much to be on a second team at this event ? Terrible money grab ! You people should find something better to spend your money on. Let you daughter take a fun vacation with friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
notIntelligent M&D doesn’t play Hero’s Green. That has to be by design.

Why match them up in regular season when they will make for a great championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you want to pay so much to be on a second team at this event ? Terrible money grab ! You people should find something better to spend your money on. Let you daughter take a fun vacation with friends.

FOMO, big time. Plus everyone thinks their kid will be on the first team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the HS dust has settled, who got the most 2027 talent? Seems Maryvale has their Hero's Pipeline going.
Where are the SW kids going?
McDonough still pulling mostly from M&D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top SW kids going to Notre Dame and a couple to John Carroll. They also have a few public school kids which they haven’t had for awhile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lived in the Baltimore area about 8 years and find it so funny how people worry so much about what private HS their kids can go to thinking that gives them an advantage for a college scholarship to save the same money they spend on HS. Or is it more a status symbol in this area? Either way I don’t understand it with some really good public schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lived in the Baltimore area about 8 years and find it so funny how people worry so much about what private HS their kids can go to thinking that gives them an advantage for a college scholarship to save the same money they spend on HS. Or is it more a status symbol in this area? Either way I don’t understand it with some really good public schools.

Its a complicated issue, but IAAM is the top lacrosse conference in the country and playing on a team and against those teams is really helpful.
From an academic perspective, there was always a gap from public to private and post-covid its widened even more. Its just the reality of the situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a complicated issue, but IAAM is the top lacrosse conference in the country and playing on a team and against those teams is really helpful.
From an academic perspective, there was always a gap from public to private and post-covid its widened even more. Its just the reality of the situation.

Historically lots of IAAM schools had reputations for great college placement especially into Ivies. As college recruiting placements have become more diverse, this edge had been greatly reduced.

There are some great public schools in MD, however, they tend to be in Bethesda, Potomac , and Rockville areas, not around the typical lax hotbeds. If you live in Arundel Country, most of Howard County or anything north of Baltimore, there really aren't many top public school options.

In terms of lax, IAAM is clearly the best competition, however, I have been many public school girls who start has freshman develop much quicker than some equally talented IAAM girls who ride the bench until junior or senior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? Key word, “opinion”. You sound uneducated on the amount of “public” school girls in the state of Maryland who go on to play at top college lacrosse schools. Maybe there’s a difference in the amount of girls on a private vs public school per year, but the top players in public school go on to be recruited at top schools.

What Maryland county high schools have historically won states? Not any counties you mentioned as being the best. Look at the recent history of Tewarraton winners from Maryland, public or private? Public vs private, the great debate. Give me a break. Let me guess, you went to private.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? Key word, “opinion”. You sound uneducated on the amount of “public” school girls in the state of Maryland who go on to play at top college lacrosse schools. Maybe there’s a difference in the amount of girls on a private vs public school per year, but the top players in public school go on to be recruited at top schools.

What Maryland county high schools have historically won states? Not any counties you mentioned as being the best. Look at the recent history of Tewarraton winners from Maryland, public or private? Public vs private, the great debate. Give me a break. Let me guess, you went to private.

At the highest level, 3 players from the state of Maryland made the US National team at this summer's World Championship. 1 from the IAAM and 2 from Carroll County Public Schools. All 3 went to the University of Maryland, but 2 didn't have to pay a dime to go to High School. IAAM is great, but there are more than a few public schools in Maryland that produce/produced many college lax players while providing an education necessary to excel academically at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From an academic perspective, there was always a gap from public to private and post-covid its widened even more. Its just the reality of the situation.[/quote]

I laugh everytime I read things like this. Other than Bryn Mawr and McDonough those academics at the other schools is no better than good public schools. Sometimes they’re worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the HS dust has settled, who got the most 2027 talent? Seems Maryvale has their Hero's Pipeline going.

St. Paul’s got some of the most talented girls in the area to continue their dynasty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I laugh everytime I read things like this. Other than Bryn Mawr and McDonough those academics at the other schools is no better than good public schools. Sometimes they’re worse.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Roland Park, Severn, Garrison Forest, all very highly ranked for academics. Even B division schools like Park School, etc very high rated. Public schools mailed it in during Covid and have not recovered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Paul’s got some of the most talented girls in the area to continue their dynasty.

M&D kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best attacker in the class is going to St Paul’s. Easily starts as a freshman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best attacker in the class is going to St Paul’s. Easily starts as a freshman

What club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D

Page 77 of 112 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard