BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 59 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teams are slotted in HOCO based on past performance not forecasts of how they will perform. Until 91 shows they can actually hang with the big boys or BLC shows they are out of their league, the elite division should be determined on last years outcomes.

Lacrosse is not a meritocracy. Millon will call Ricky, as I'm sure he has already, and say "91 is top to bottom the best club in Maryland and produces #1 college recruits and makes the HoCo league look good, so you should put the teams wherever I say you should."

91's sales pitch is "developing elite athletes" but their actual business model is to hang around in elite alleyways and start picking up disgruntled elite kids in 7th, 8th, 9th grade who were developed by someone else entirely. Then they fold holdbacks into the batter until the majority of starters are holdbacks in 11th grade, and suddenly it's a Top 10 national team. This is the 91 MD recipe.

This will happen soon enough with the 2029s. A good rec club coach will "come over" with 10 kids and suddenly they will start winning games. Follow the 2028 T91 road map:

2019-2020: 2028 Team 91 team is something like 2W-26L overall. Coach fired. Most kids leave.
2021: 91 Recruits 2028 Swarm coach, brings over 10+ kids who don't even attend tryouts. Team is suddenly about 9W-12L overall at a high level.
2022: Same coach brings over 8 more kids and a dad coach from Kelly Post's elite team. Team beats Hawks in the fall of 2022.
2023: See what happens next. They are playing Elite this spring. They'll win some games too (unlike the 2029s).
2024: Most of the 2028 91 kids are already at MIAA schools where they will stay for HS, or may hold back on Millon's advice, but Millon will brag that he got them "recruited to MIAA."
By 2026: Most of the kids who joined before 2024 will be long gone. Because "player development."

That is the MD 91 recipe. See where you can slide your kid into that, or move on lol.
The 2028 team will not win a game in Elite. You heard it here first. 5-10 kids whose parents thought they would be major starters/contributors will be shopping new teams come Summer/Try-Out Season. Perhaps a team without Dad coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are slotted in HOCO based on past performance not forecasts of how they will perform. Until 91 shows they can actually hang with the big boys or BLC shows they are out of their league, the elite division should be determined on last years outcomes.

Lacrosse is not a meritocracy. Millon will call Ricky, as I'm sure he has already, and say "91 is top to bottom the best club in Maryland and produces #1 college recruits and makes the HoCo league look good, so you should put the teams wherever I say you should."

91's sales pitch is "developing elite athletes" but their actual business model is to hang around in elite alleyways and start picking up disgruntled elite kids in 7th, 8th, 9th grade who were developed by someone else entirely. Then they fold holdbacks into the batter until the majority of starters are holdbacks in 11th grade, and suddenly it's a Top 10 national team. This is the 91 MD recipe.

This will happen soon enough with the 2029s. A good rec club coach will "come over" with 10 kids and suddenly they will start winning games. Follow the 2028 T91 road map:

2019-2020: 2028 Team 91 team is something like 2W-26L overall. Coach fired. Most kids leave.
2021: 91 Recruits 2028 Swarm coach, brings over 10+ kids who don't even attend tryouts. Team is suddenly about 9W-12L overall at a high level.
2022: Same coach brings over 8 more kids and a dad coach from Kelly Post's elite team. Team beats Hawks in the fall of 2022.
2023: See what happens next. They are playing Elite this spring. They'll win some games too (unlike the 2029s).
2024: Most of the 2028 91 kids are already at MIAA schools where they will stay for HS, or may hold back on Millon's advice, but Millon will brag that he got them "recruited to MIAA."
By 2026: Most of the kids who joined before 2024 will be long gone. Because "player development."

That is the MD 91 recipe. See where you can slide your kid into that, or move on lol.
The 2028 team will not win a game in Elite. You heard it here first. 5-10 kids whose parents thought they would be major starters/contributors will be shopping new teams come Summer/Try-Out Season. Perhaps a team without Dad coaches.

I am inclined to believe all of that actually.

If you believed the guy with a 40 man roster of 6th graders and a fake "practice team", who has made 100% of his club coaching reputation on poaching players wholesale from one club to the next, that your son was "going to be a major contributor, " I mean that is kind of on you. And if you thought your kid was going to start over one of the 3-4 dad coaches' kids, that is also kind of on you.

That 2028 coach will be happy to have you all leave, not because your sons can't play, but because he needs to start backfilling the roster with holdbacks for the HS years. You heard it here first lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why they need to make this illegal, don’t you see that once everyone starts holding back then you lose your advantage? Then what? Holdback your kid 2 years? 3 years? My kid will gladly grab your kids job and salary for the 3 extra years it takes him to graduate. He can then come work for my son. Unless your son wants to go pro for 30k a year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why they need to make this illegal, don’t you see that once everyone starts holding back then you lose your advantage? Then what? Holdback your kid 2 years? 3 years? My kid will gladly grab your kids job and salary for the 3 extra years it takes him to graduate. He can then come work for my son. Unless your son wants to go pro for 30k a year!

I'm 100% anti-holdback, but you are missing the reality of the holdback "ecosystem" entirely. If you go to McDonogh for 13/14 years, then ride the bench at Princeton Lacrosse for 4 years, you are not graduating and then "applying for jobs." The reality you represent is a middle class fantasy that, once again, prep school and lacrosse are meritocracies. They were not designed to be such. They are designed to create non-competitive advantage.

If you are going to work at your family's law firm, Dad & Mom don't care if you show up at age 23, 25, or 26. More likely, you are going to work wherever your Princeton friends are going to work, starting salary with no experience in the 80s-90K range, and nobody will care that you are 23 instead of 22. I went to public high school and public college and didn't become a CEO until age 45 but these kids are on a different track. They will not be "applying for jobs" @ $40K to have bosses who have degrees from Frostburg.

Is that unfair? Of course. Yet here we are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you believed the guy with a 40 man roster of 6th graders and a fake "practice team", who has made 100% of his club coaching reputation on poaching players wholesale from one club to the next, that your son was "going to be a major contributor, " I mean that is kind of on you. And if you thought your kid was going to start over one of the 3-4 dad coaches' kids, that is also kind of on you.

That 2028 coach will be happy to have you all leave, not because your sons can't play, but because he needs to start backfilling the roster with holdbacks for the HS years. You heard it here first lol.

No dog in this fight but come on.... I watched this '28 91 team 2 years ago before new coach play FH rec team and lost by like 10 goals. Really bad talent, not much coaching, and very loud parents who were clueless. Did not look like a elite team as advertised. Just because you sign your kid up at 10 for a elite team doesn't make them elite. Of course new talent had to be brought in and new coaching in this place. Pretty shocking this much improvement this quickly. This is elite lacrosse all the teams bring in new kids. FCA just brought in all new attack. What di 91 do differently? Did the old players that had 2-22 record go to other elite teams or were they just not AAAA/elite level kids?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No dog in this fight but come on.... I watched this '28 91 team 2 years ago before new coach play FH rec team and lost by like 10 goals. Really bad talent, not much coaching, and very loud parents who were clueless. Did not look like a elite team as advertised. Just because you sign your kid up at 10 for a elite team doesn't make them elite. Of course new talent had to be brought in and new coaching in this place. Pretty shocking this much improvement this quickly. This is elite lacrosse all the teams bring in new kids. FCA just brought in all new attack. What di 91 do differently? Did the old players that had 2-22 record go to other elite teams or were they just not AAAA/elite level kids?

Yeah you're right about the observations.

Everybody poaches kids, yes obviously. Do they go coach them at school and then poach them 8-10 at a time from the rec council/club that hosts the school team and pays him? That takes a special guy lol. Aside from that, though, The current 2028 91 coaches (dad coaches, yes) are sufficiently talented, and the kids like them, and cratering Swarm's roster in 2021 and Kelly Post's roster in 2022 was enough to attract additional talent from former HoCo Pink, Predators, Forest Hill, etc. And despite the T91 mantra of "we don't cut last year's players," they did indeed cut most of the Swarm kids in 2022, or place them on the "Practice Team" aka see yourself out. The current team is vastly better. "Elite" compared to 2028 FCA, Hawks, NL, and ML? No. It'll be a tough spring. I think 91 won 4 games in AAA (fake AAAA) last year and if they stayed in AAA this year, they would beat everyone but Team MD, and ya know, anything can happen in a championship game. But I hear they are playing elite, so.

The old 91 2028 coach (2020-2021) was - not great - and I believe was fired. Very similar issues to the 2029 Crabs coaching drama 2 years ago. Both of those fired coaches had some level of coaching talent and some talented kids to work with, but something didn't work, in a dramatic way, in both cases. I think neither ever publicly explained what they were trying to do, that went so wrong. As a coach, I'd sure be interested to hear it.

The big thing you have to remember with elite teams is that prior to 9th grade, the roster is primarily a fundraiser for the HS age teams who don't contain a lot of "team lifers" Especially if the team lifers don't hold back as Millon and King Krab will "recommend." So don't get terribly attached!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this forum. Any idea about which teams will be in which the divisions for the 2023 spring season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this forum. Any idea about which teams will be in which the divisions for the 2023 spring season?
leave! run! get out while you can! you don't want to be here! don't become one of us!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to fully answer this question without knowing which teams have registered but here is what it should be down through AA. I am sure I missed a team or two and I am certain the typical 91 will be in Elite comment will follow regardless whether they should be or not.

Elite
Madlax Capital
Annapolis Hawks
Next Level
VLC
True Chesapeake
LTLC
FCA
BLC

AAA
Team 91
Team MD
HOCO
Predators
Kelly Post
Carroll Manor
Team Money
Baltimore Swarm

AA
Cannons
VLC
Madlax DMV
HLC
True Baltimore
Zingos
Hippos
Sidewinders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Draft divisions were sent out by HOCO yesterday................2029 Elite Division was as follows:

Madlax
Hawks
Next Level
True Chesapeake
FCA
VLC
LTLC
Team 91

The big surprise was (BLC) Bethesda dropping out, but all the way down to AA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Draft divisions were sent out by HOCO yesterday................2029 Elite Division was as follows:

Madlax
Hawks
Next Level
True Chesapeake
FCA
VLC
LTLC
Team 91

I’ll be the first to predict 0-7 for Team 91

Shock to see BLC drop all the way to AA

So what are the draft teams for the other Divisions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAA 2029
Hawks Black
Carroll Manor
HOCO
Team MD
Predators
Kelly Post Grey
Team Money
True Baltimore Black

AA 2029
Bethesda
Swarm
Cannons Select
HLC
Laytonsville
Madlax DMV
True Baltimore Green
True Virginia
VLC Poon
MDLL Select Sidewinders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here was the draft layouts.........that we received from our club director

ELITE
Hawks, FCA, LTLC, Madlax, Next Level, 91, True Chesapeake, VLC

AAA
Hawks Black, Carroll Manor, HOCO, Kelly Post Grey, Predators, Team MD, Team $$, True Baltimore Black

AA
Swarm, Bethesda Blue, Cannons, HLC, Laytonsville Hippos, Madlax DMV, MDLL Diamondbacks, True Baltimore Green, VLC, True Virginia

A
ALC Bay Raiders, Bethesda Orange, Blue Claws, Green Hornets, Kelly Post Green, Sidewinders, Team Impact, Ville, Zingos

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax
Hawks
Next Level
True Chesapeake
FCA
VLC
LTLC
Team 91

Madlax
Hawks
Next Level
True Chesapeake
FCA
VLC
LTLC
Team 91

Pretty sure BLC lost to a B level summer team this fall, which may have contributed to this decision

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ELITE

AAA
Hawks Black, Carroll Manor, HOCO, Kelly Post Grey, Predators, Team MD, Team $$, True Baltimore Black

AA
Swarm, Bethesda Blue, Cannons, HLC, Laytonsville Hippos, Madlax DMV, MDLL Diamondbacks, True Baltimore Green, VLC, True Virginia

A
ALC Bay Raiders, Bethesda Orange, Blue Claws, Green Hornets, Kelly Post Green, Sidewinders, Team Impact, Ville, Zingos

Official Way-Too-Early 1st-2nd-Last Predictions

Elite - Madlax (1), Hawks (2), 91 (Last)
AAA - Team MD (1), Predators (2), True Baltimore (Last)
AA - BLC (1), VLC (2), Hippos (Last)
A - Ville (1), KP (2), Zingoes (Last)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just was looking at the teams for Crabfeast this summer as my son's VLC team is playing in it.

Noticed that there is a CRABS 2029 team listed. Anyone know what that's about or what team the are putting together?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just was looking at the teams for Crabfeast this summer as my son's VLC team is playing in it.

Noticed that there is a CRABS 2029 team listed. Anyone know what that's about or what team the are putting together?

They will probably just have their 28 team play as 29, that’s the way Elite Lacrosse works anyway isn’t it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m assuming the 28 team will play up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Swarm has a good defense and a great goalie (if he is still there) could cause problems for everyone and will challenge for the top spot like they did last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard King Krab was going to volun-tell VLC-29's that they are now Crab 29's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard King Krab was going to volun-tell VLC-29's that they are now Crab 29's.

I mean he bought the club, so yeah that'll happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would that work? Seems like a comment without a lot of thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will probably just have their 28 team play as 29, that’s the way Elite Lacrosse works anyway isn’t it?

I'm pretty sure it is the LTLC 2029 team that is going to be playing as Crabs in Crabfeast. I've heard from a few people that Crabs is trying to get the team to come over and that the are playing in a few events this summer as Crabs 2029.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the ELITE 6's event fizzled out or is everyone resting for spring league? Heard there was only two - 2029's teams represented and that they combined 28 and 29 divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the ELITE 6's event fizzled out or is everyone resting for spring league? Heard there was only two - 2029's teams represented and that they combined 28 and 29 divisions.

Probably rest was one factor but also conflicts with end of winter sports season made it difficult to pull a team together, at least that was the case with our team. The format is fun and kids enjoy it so I think it was more of the above versus people losing interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure it is the LTLC 2029 team that is going to be playing as Crabs in Crabfeast. I've heard from a few people that Crabs is trying to get the team to come over and that the are playing in a few events this summer as Crabs 2029.

Had heard the same from a friend who's son plays for them as well, but they didn't know what the long term plan was going to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't there a sizeable cost difference between LTLC and Crabs? I wonder how many families chose LTLC because of finances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ELITE

AAA

AA

A

Do you know the draft layouts for the 2028 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ELITE

AAA

AA

A

Do you know the draft layouts for the 2028 teams?

I saw these but don’t have all, your club director would have full list
AAA
Hawks Black
Blue Claws
FCA White
Sidewinders
Team MD
Team $
VLC Talon
Wolfpack

AA
Cannons Select
HLC
HOCO
Next Level Red
Predators
ProStart Lacrosse
True Annapolis
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't there a sizeable cost difference between LTLC and Crabs? I wonder how many families chose LTLC because of finances.

This would make sense on LTLC migrating to Crabs. Lots of families join LTLC because it is 1/2 or 1/3 the cost of most club programs. They get free access to county fields and don't do as much as the higher level clubs as far as high end tournaments, etc. However, as kids head into middle school you start to see key players leave for the better clubs because they want more than what LTLC can offer. More training, year around commitment, positioning specific training, non-parent coaching, etc. Once they lose a few, it's hard to replenish because they aren't getting lots of new kids coming to tryouts every year.

Makes sense for CRABS because they can have an elite level 2029 team right away, and add in a few other 2029's and/or 2028 holdbacks to have a solid squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone see the official alignment for this season from Elite to A. If so can you post that information. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone see the official alignment for this season from Elite to A. If so can you post that information. Thanks
Won't be official until after next weekends tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG....there is a God!! Team FCA must have really been praying over this.

https://www.ghclacrosse.com/

First two weeks of the schedule have been released..................THIS HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER HAPPENED THIS EARLY!!! There is a God!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Won't be official until after next weekends tournaments.

Doubtful since first two weeks have peen posted on website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2029 Alignments for the 2023 season
Elite
• LTLC Legends
• Annapolis Hawks Green
• Next Level
• FCA
• VLC See
• Team 91
• True Chesapeake
• Madlax Capital
AAA
• Team Money
• Team Maryland
• Annapolis Hawks Black
• HoCo
• Carroll Manor
• Preds
• Kelly Post Grey
• True Baltimore Black
AA
• Swarm
• True Baltimore Green
• Cannons
• BLC Blue
• MDLL Select Diamondbacks
• Madlax DMV
• VLC Poon
• True Virginia
A
• Sidewinders
• ALB Bay Raiders
• HLC
• Team Impact
• Zingos
• BLC Orange
• Hippos
• Blue Claws

Does anyone have any early predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2029 Alignments for the 2023 season
Elite
• LTLC Legends
• Annapolis Hawks Green
• Next Level
• FCA
• VLC See
• Team 91
• True Chesapeake
• Madlax Capital
AAA
• Team Money
• Team Maryland
• Annapolis Hawks Black
• HoCo
• Carroll Manor
• Preds
• Kelly Post Grey
• True Baltimore Black
AA
• Swarm
• True Baltimore Green
• Cannons
• BLC Blue
• MDLL Select Diamondbacks
• Madlax DMV
• VLC Poon
• True Virginia
A
• Sidewinders
• ALB Bay Raiders
• HLC
• Team Impact
• Zingos
• BLC Orange
• Hippos
• Blue Claws

Does anyone have any early predictions?

Elite
Top Teams (Madlax, Hawks)
Team on the Rise (FCA)
Bottom Team (Team 91)

AAA
Top Teams (Team Maryland, Predators)
Team on the Rise (True Baltimore)
Bottom Team (Carroll Manor)

AA
Top Teams (BLC Blue, Swarm)
Team on the Rise (True Virginia)
Bottom Team (VLC Poon)

A
Top Teams (Kelly Post Green, Hippos)
Team on the Rise (????)
Bottom Team (Zingos)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eilte looks like it will be Hawks, Next Level, and Madlax chasing the title, with FCA being the 4th team in the playoff. In AAA I think Preds will be the champs with Hawks (Black) Team Maryland and True Baltimore in the playoffs. In AA, BLC is the odds-on favorite to be the champion of the league, with Swarm chasing them all year. Cannons and Madlax DMV finishing out the playoff teams. A looks to be wide open but Hippos and HLC seem to be the top teams, with Kelly Post and either ALC or Blue Claws fighting for the final playoff spots

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full HOCO schedule now poster............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at scores from this weekend.................

Bethesda with 3 losses (15-2 FCA, 7-6 Team 91 MD, and Leading Edge 10-6)

Next level with 3 wins (6-2 over True Chesapeake, 5-4 over Leading Edge, and 6-5 over FCA)

True Chesapeake (1-2), FCA (2-1), Team 91 MD (1-2)

Anyone see any of those games? Look like Bethesda has indeed dropped as most suspected. Team 91 MD only beats them by 1? Going to be a long year for Team 91 MD in the Elite division. Heard FCA and Next Level both dominated True Chesapeake.

And then we got Hawks ready to beat everyone again (maybe even Madlax)....as they beat Nationals and NXT.

Any insight on these?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda has definitely dropped. True Chesapeake was missing Mikey Marek but the gap between them and FCA/NL seemed pretty sizeable. Next Level was playing without Q. FCA was missing several players. Going to be an interesting spring...

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 59 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard