BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at previous years. Don’t get caught up. Lots of girls on red and grey rosters in the past have since committed to play D1. And by the looks of it, red and grey seem very equal. Black is the best YJ girls and one or two others. The tryout was obvious. It was intentionally set up with YJ girls - and then the others, who were barely watched. But maybe at this age, it’s about the experience. These girls have a lot of playing in front of them and lots will change in hs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Multiple kids from other clubs made black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter made red. Red is B. She is non YJ. Also curious if any non YJ made black.

Is she actually going to do it? No judgement at all. Just curious. Heard through the grapevine lots of girls who didn't make top team won't go.

She is going to do it with some other friends from her club who made it.

Heard there are a bunch of YJB and Legacy girls on the Red team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why in the website for American Select the Rosters are listed as Black, Red & Grey. Meaning if Grey was the B Team wouldn’t they be 2nd in the list of rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at previous years. Don’t get caught up. Lots of girls on red and grey rosters in the past have since committed to play D1. And by the looks of it, red and grey seem very equal. Black is the best YJ girls and one or two others. The tryout was obvious. It was intentionally set up with YJ girls - and then the others, who were barely watched. But maybe at this age, it’s about the experience. These girls have a lot of playing in front of them and lots will change in hs.

Great post - and very accurate
My daughter made red. Red is B. She is non YJ. Also curious if any non YJ made black.

Is she actually going to do it? No judgement at all. Just curious. Heard through the grapevine lots of girls who didn't make top team won't go.

what's the Legacy connection to YJ....that team at this age is not very strong - I think in the 50's last time I looked at USCL rankings

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at years past an you will see. Grey is not C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This debate over Red and Grey B vs C team is really much ado about nothing.

Both teams will have many declined invites so American Select will go to the alternate list and fill them. (They won't promote girls from one team to another). As a result, there will be lots of alternates on both squads.

Looking at current sign ups, it looks like only 12 girls have signed up for Red and 5 for Grey so it looks like almost half of red and a majority of Grey will eventually be alternates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year Red and Black played in the A groups at American Select (3 teams to playoffs) and Grey teams played in B groups (1 team)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This debate over Red and Grey B vs C team is really much ado about nothing.

Both teams will have many declined invites so American Select will go to the alternate list and fill them. (They won't promote girls from one team to another). As a result, there will be lots of alternates on both squads.

Looking at current sign ups, it looks like only 12 girls have signed up for Red and 5 for Grey so it looks like almost half of red and a majority of Grey will eventually be alternates.

Where can you see current signups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, grey is b. Spoke to American select for clarification.
Grey is not the B the team. Red is always the B team. If they told you that they are misleading you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is very accurate and last years grey/c team for the 2024’s almost all those girls are committed to D1 schools. They had the same amount of exposure as all the other girls at the event. As far as 2027’s there will not be one college coach watching these games so if that is your end game and to be on a higher team re think it. This is a glorified tournament at this age level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This statement is completely false. The Red team was the B team and the Black team was the A for the 2024 girls. Most the red team was made up of YJ A and B players and Legacy A players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid made the brown team. Is that good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is very accurate and last years grey/c team for the 2024’s almost all those girls are committed to D1 schools. They had the same amount of exposure as all the other girls at the event. As far as 2027’s there will not be one college coach watching these games so if that is your end game and to be on a higher team re think it. This is a glorified tournament at this age level.

It's a glorified tournament at every age level. Those kids who committed were incredibly talented. I have yet to see a single kid get an offer because she was noticed at American Select / Under Armour. Its pretty much just an expensive beach trip to Delaware.

Most kids have a ton of fun at the tourney and if you can afford it, by all means. However, even as you get to recruiting age, you are much better off spending money on prospect days, multi-school camps than dropping 2 grand for this event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a glorified tournament at every age level. Those kids who committed were incredibly talented. I have yet to see a single kid get an offer because she was noticed at American Select / Under Armour. Its pretty much just an expensive beach trip to Delaware.

Most kids have a ton of fun at the tourney and if you can afford it, by all means. However, even as you get to recruiting age, you are much better off spending money on prospect days, multi-school camps than dropping 2 grand for this event.

VERY TRUE !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VERY TRUE !

Well said. To add something else, which I believe has been mentioned before.

The big recruiting value for these all star events are for kids who are underexposed. If you play for any team ranked in the top 40 nationally, your kids will play dozens on games in front of every D1 program who matters. On the girls side, it is rare for a girl from Long Island to be underexposed. If you play one of the top 6 club -- YJ, Jesters, TG, Legacy, Liberty, Tradition and for 27s FLG -- you will get great exposure based on your normal tourney schedule.

As an example, last year for the 24s, the biggest crowd of coaches I saw at a pool play game was at a game in the bottom bracket between Ohio and Midwest, close to 40 coaches. Both teams apparently had a couple of top 50 players, but they aren't playing for clubs who play in the top brackets of the top tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's the Legacy connection to YJ....that team at this age is not very strong - I think in the 50's last time I looked at USCL rankings

YJ partners with 1 or 2 clubs/directors from each region for AS. These clubs run tryouts, promote the event, provide coaches, "encourage" their players to attend, etc. I assume there is some financial incentive for the clubs, but I don't know for sure.

For LI YJ was never going to partner with TG, so I guess Legacy was next choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 girls signed up for Long Island 27 Black.

Clearly, 2 of Carol's key players didn't make the team the first time. Would be quite upset if I was one of the other 22 on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly, 2 of Carol's key players didn't make the team the first time. Would be quite upset if I was one of the other 22 on the team.
How do you know this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know this.

Know that there are 24 girls. The roster summery page. Invites were capped at 22 so any more were director adds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know this.

Know that there are 24 girls. The roster summery page. Invites were capped at 22 so any more were director adds.

25 now.

26 girls now on the 2026 Black team.

Really wouldn't want to be a non-YJ player on those teams now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid made the brown team. Is that good?

My favorite post all year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ partners with 1 or 2 clubs/directors from each region for AS. These clubs run tryouts, promote the event, provide coaches, "encourage" their players to attend, etc. I assume there is some financial incentive for the clubs, but I don't know for sure.

For LI YJ was never going to partner with TG, so I guess Legacy was next choice.

Why wouldn’t YJ partner with with TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of threads about that on this board. Safe to say it would be the LAST club on the island YJ would consider partnering with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A story old as time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know this.

25 now.

Up to 26 now. Come on Carol, let's go for 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know this.

25 now.

where are you seeing the number of rostered kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please sure how to find these roster numbers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know this.

25 now.

Instead of fear mongering, offer up some proof, drop a link. Please and thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know this.

25 now.

Instead of fear mongering, offer up some proof, drop a link. Please and thank you.

BOTC doesn't allow links. However its on the TSI site used to register for the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was turnout for Nassau Excelsior tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were the numbers like at Excelsior tryouts today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticing a large number of middle schoolers playing varsity lacrosse. Is this a new trend? It was not like this when I was growing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good number of schools just don’t have the turnout of players or quality players that were prevalent in years past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good number of schools just don’t have the turnout of players or quality players that were prevalent in years past.

It's pretty much always been the case once you get past the top 10-12 schools in Suffolk county. Heck, there are some schools where JV teams are half 7th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it’s not a fun sport for most girls. The majority of teams revolve around two or three girls. The rest are told not to shoot, and to pass the ball immediately after (if) they catch it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it’s not a fun sport for most girls. The majority of teams revolve around two or three girls. The rest are told not to shoot, and to pass the ball immediately after (if) they catch it.

Curious is these middle schoolers are getting any playing time...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many starting and playing significant roles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27's are a hard working and talented class!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27's are a hard working and talented class!

Hard working without a doubt. Talented, time will tell on that.

For TG, Legacy and YJ, at least, their 27s are nowhere close to where their 26s and 25s were at the same age group. Jesters are pretty similar.

Big difference in this class though is FLG, which has spread the talent around a bit more, giving more opportunities to play on A teams, but lowered the overall quality of these top teams.

Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard