BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually did not know there was a fall Blue Chip, unless you mean the one over the winter in FL.

My son did get an invitation last year but we saved our pennies and didnt send him (3d). Will try again this year as the camps are becoming more relevant.

He was also accepted to National 175 and I will be sending him. This will be his first "Showcase" so its nice to go to something local and give him the experience to build on.

There is a Jake Reed Fall Showcase, see below. And according to his twitter site, invites have started to go out. I think Philly Showcase and Nat'l 175 are better Fall showcases than Jake Reed, but Maverick, Jake Reed and Black Card are the best individual showcases in the summer.

From website: Jake Reed Fall Nike Blue Chip

Dates: November 23-24, 2013

Location: Mecklenburg County Sportsplex, 1505 Tank Town Road, Matthews, NC 28105

Eligible Players: Current Freshman (2017 grads) current Sophomores (2016 grads) current Juniors (2015 grads) and current Seniors (2014 grads)

Anybody in 2017 age group get the invite already per above for Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Fall event on November 23-24, 2013?

Yes still thinking about going or not though
Philly Showcase for Freshman is the same weekend and I think much better and more well attended by colleges. No question Jake Reed is summer is important, Fall not so sure.

Did Philly Invites go out?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually did not know there was a fall Blue Chip, unless you mean the one over the winter in FL.

My son did get an invitation last year but we saved our pennies and didnt send him (3d). Will try again this year as the camps are becoming more relevant.

He was also accepted to National 175 and I will be sending him. This will be his first "Showcase" so its nice to go to something local and give him the experience to build on.

There is a Jake Reed Fall Showcase, see below. And according to his twitter site, invites have started to go out. I think Philly Showcase and Nat'l 175 are better Fall showcases than Jake Reed, but Maverick, Jake Reed and Black Card are the best individual showcases in the summer.

From website: Jake Reed Fall Nike Blue Chip

Dates: November 23-24, 2013

Location: Mecklenburg County Sportsplex, 1505 Tank Town Road, Matthews, NC 28105

Eligible Players: Current Freshman (2017 grads) current Sophomores (2016 grads) current Juniors (2015 grads) and current Seniors (2014 grads)

Anybody in 2017 age group get the invite already per above for Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Fall event on November 23-24, 2013?

Yes still thinking about going or not though
Philly Showcase for Freshman is the same weekend and I think much better and more well attended by colleges. No question Jake Reed is summer is important, Fall not so sure.

Did Philly Invites go out?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if Maverick Showtime invites have started to go out for 2017s? If not, when? Are Jake Reed Fall invites already done going out (I know some are out)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: 2017 Team 91 tryouts on Sunday 12-2 at Farmingdale.

word on the LAX vine says it looks like some current top local talent in many positions are considering a switch and forming a very strong team right out of the box...several Brine and Jake Reed players allegedly going. Would love to have a kid in that group which is expected to show up. Might be worth just going to check out the tryout and see what the talent draw is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the "Lax Vine" Jim M was recruiting BIG TIME at Brine (not sure about Jake Reed) for kids to defect from their teams to go 91, I guess he got his wish. Lets see if they get theirs. The grass isn't always greener.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the "Lax Vine" Jim M was recruiting BIG TIME at Brine (not sure about Jake Reed) for kids to defect from their teams to go 91, I guess he got his wish. Lets see if they get theirs. The grass isn't always greener.

like putting lipstick on a pig

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

like putting lipstick on a pig

Sounds like someone didn't make one of the 91 teams....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine, a great lacrosse coach, that has been around "the game" for years, who knows talent & can coach in the pros, who
also rubs elbows with many DI coaches...Nah, I wouldn't want my kid anywhere near him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine, a great lacrosse coach, that has been around "the game" for years, who knows talent & can coach in the pros, who
also rubs elbows with many DI coaches...Nah, I wouldn't want my kid anywhere near him

if he was such a good coach why is his team so mediocre

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
You should avoid asking a question when you likely know, but might not like the answer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws/ gladiator merge at 2017 , is it true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if Maverick Showtime invites have started to go out for 2017s? If not, when? Are Jake Reed Fall invites already done going out (I know some are out)?

Anyone on the above?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav

Just got Maverick. Have to pony up $695 in advance. Is this event a premier event that can charge that kind of fee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not after today's tryout. Only 7 jake Reed / Brine players there and two who didn't make it.
(3 were X-turtles). Oh my....far from mediocre.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav
Son just got it as well. 100% worth it. Best showcase event at this point in the Summer, has supplanted Jake Reed as top.

Just got Maverick. Have to pony up $695 in advance. Is this event a premier event that can charge that kind of fee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav
Son just got it as well. 100% worth it. Best showcase event at this point in the Summer, has supplanted Jake Reed as top.

top recruiting showcases are philly freshman, maverick,jake reed (in no special order) congrats to all invitees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav

For 2017s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav

For 2017s?

yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone on the above?

Literally just got mav

For 2017s?
Yes, last night received the invite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the top two players on the turtles are going to fl$. Several players I know have turned down Turtle offers. Basically no one wants to be on a team designed for the owners son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the top two players on the turtles are going to fl$. Several players I know have turned down Turtle offers. Basically no one wants to be on a team designed for the owners son.

Yeah nooone would wanna go to one of the best teams in the age group. Naah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong on all points. The two top Turtles are on the Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should change their name to The Dinosaurs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are absolutely correct because those that left opened up the top two slots to those who remained.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you apply for maverick on website or is invitation only thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
invite only

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No application, requires coaches recommendation I believe which need to be submitted by end of August. May still be time, not sure, but I know many invites have already gone out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws/ gladiator merge at 2017 , is it true

No Gladiatior 2017 team this year. The prior 2017 Outlaws black teamwas notified that many Gladiators would be in attendance at the Outlwas tryouts.....and there were a bunch (8-10) at the first tryout date. My understanding is that a good number were offered spots and a few have to come back to the second tryout this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heard going to 91. And the grass is never greener

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never say never

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since fl$ tryouts are over how is their team looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grass might be a lot greener if the kids aren't playing for 3 Napoleonic, sarcastic and unsupportive coaches whose nepotism is extraordinary and legendary at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a turtle kid from WM made Var team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since fl$ tryouts are over how is their team looking?

You would need to see the roster first to determine that. Boys had until last night to register to accept the spot. Team will likely be up on their website in a few days. There was a tremenous amount of talent on both days, will need to wait and see.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grass might be a lot greener if the kids aren't playing for 3 Napoleonic, sarcastic and unsupportive coaches whose nepotism is extraordinary and legendary at this point.

Well if winning lots of tournaments means anything, they have done a good job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a turtle kid from WM made Var team ?

Are you talking about this past season or for next Spring? Nobody will know anything about next Spring until School practices start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first week of school and the coaches picked the varsity team for a spring sport?? come on now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well apparently it doesn't if you have a few of their top players looking elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well apparently it doesn't if you have a few of their top players looking elsewhere.

maybe these boys just weren't happy being one of the best and are moving to a team they are the best.

Page 3 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard