BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 31 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS had big turnout for 27’s today. Looks like they could have 3 teams. Does anyone know who will be coaching these teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t have a high demand of teams signing up. They have to merge years and brackets. Sort of waste of time. PAL would be better.

Or just playing NGLL where they could at least play Jester, Liberty and Tradition. heck, even Legacy is better than the teams they are playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS had big turnout for 27’s today. Looks like they could have 3 teams. Does anyone know who will be coaching these teams?

We were told that no age group will have more than two teams this year and lower ages could potentially only have one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t have a high demand of teams signing up. They have to merge years and brackets. Sort of waste of time. PAL would be better.

Or just playing NGLL where they could at least play Jester, Liberty and Tradition. heck, even Legacy is better than the teams they are playing.

What clubs are playing the spring league this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Spring League

YJA
YJB
Igloo
YJ Carrante (2028 B)

NGLL
Jesters
Tradition
Legacy
LIberty
Lax On
Empire

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't do it if you don't already play for YJ. You will never see the field no matter how good you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't do it if you don't already play for YJ. You will never see the field no matter how good you are.

Hope that is not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Untrue...My older daughter (not YJ) played last year and got the same amount of time as everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Asked anyone who played last summer. Most coaches have 14-15 field players in their roation, unless it is a blowout. Some coaches will give bench players a few minutes per game, but rarely much more. While watching the 26s last year, Maryland was the only team I saw that gave decent PT to the entire roster.

Do you really think a YJ coach will play someone from a competitive team over someone from his/her program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Was true on top team last year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Spring League

YJA
YJB
Igloo
YJ Carrante (2028 B)

NGLL
Jesters
Tradition
Legacy
LIberty
Lax On
Empire

Why aren't YJ teams doing NGLL?
Answer: Carol doesn't own it and can't profit over it.

Single handily destroys events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Untrue...My older daughter (not YJ) played last year and got the same amount of time as everyone else.

One of the very few non YJ players to probably make it

Or just playing NGLL where they could
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I know. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t have a high demand of teams signing up. They have to merge years and brackets. Sort of waste of time. PAL would be better.

YJ Spring League

YJA
YJB
Igloo
YJ Carrante (2028 B)

NGLL
Jesters
Tradition
Legacy
LIberty
Lax On
Empire

what is NGLL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Was true on top team last year.

Was definitely true on top 24 and 26 teams last year for field players. Goalies shared time. Core rotation for 26 Black was 5 middies, 4 D and 5 attack. rest of roster got minimal minutes in first half (though still played) of competitive games and then more minutes in [Censored] time. Very little play for bench players in playoff games.

To be fair, there was a Jesters girl who played over a YJ girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I know. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t have a high demand of teams signing up. They have to merge years and brackets. Sort of waste of time. PAL would be better.

YJ Spring League

YJA
YJB
Igloo
YJ Carrante (2028 B)

NGLL
Jesters
Tradition
Legacy
LIberty
Lax On
Empire

what is NGLL?

National Girls Lacrosse League. Its a series of local league who has the national championship to coincide with final four.

Typically one of the top fields of any tourneys. A bracket will likely feature

MD Champ (likely Heros or M&D)
Eagle Stix
MadSkillz
PA Champ (probably NXT)
Upstate NY Champ (probably Aces)

Assuming Jesters wins Long Island, you will have 5 of top 7 games in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

American Select (or All American for that matter) are not showcases and don't claim to be. Why shouldn't best players play? No different than any high-level club event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

YJ Spring League

YJA
YJB
Igloo
YJ Carrante (2028 B)

NGLL
Jesters
Tradition
Legacy
LIberty
Lax On
Empire

what is NGLL?

National Girls Lacrosse League. Its a series of local league who has the national championship to coincide with final four.

Eagle Stix
MadSkillz
PA Champ (probably NXT)

Assuming Jesters wins Long Island, you will have 5 of top 7 games in the country.

aside from Jesters those teams aren't very strong (from LI)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, you missed the point. I know it might come as a shock, but there are plenty of talented players who don't play for YJ! And those players might not see a field at American Select because it is tied so closely to YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

YJ Spring League

YJA
YJB
Igloo
YJ Carrante (2028 B)

NGLL
Jesters
Tradition
Legacy
LIberty
Lax On
Empire

what is NGLL?

Eagle Stix
MadSkillz
PA Champ (probably NXT)

Aces isn’t doing it. Too many players that will be tied up with sectionals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, you missed the point. I know it might come as a shock, but there are plenty of talented players who don't play for YJ! And those players might not see a field at American Select because it is tied so closely to YJ.

Are all the AS teams coached by YJ coaches only?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Just in case anyone had any ill conceived notion it wasn't a wee bit biased

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

American Select (or All American for that matter) are not showcases and don't claim to be. Why shouldn't best players play? No different than any high-level club event.

THIS!! Teams play to win. The playing time you get is the playing time you get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Completely agree. However, I would be upset if my daughter never even got a chance to impress coaches. If she isn't good enough, so be it. However, to never get a chance in something else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

Completely agree. However, I would be upset if my daughter never even got a chance to impress coaches. If she isn't good enough, so be it. However, to never get a chance in something else.

If she isn't good enough, don't put her on the team! How can you charge 700 for a team that is supposedly made up of ALL elite players (so some parity is assumed) and have girls who rarely get to play? If this is the case, why would anyone pay this much money knowing their daughter might not get significant playing time? Especially at this age when coaches aren't watching anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

If she isn't good enough, don't put her on the team! How can you charge 700 for a team that is supposedly made up of ALL elite players (so some parity is assumed) and have girls who rarely get to play? If this is the case, why would anyone pay this much money knowing their daughter might not get significant playing time? Especially at this age when coaches aren't watching anymore.

Well, this is a fundamental problem when the people picking the team are different than the people coaching the team.

However, I have no problem with this as as long as girls are given a shot. This is actually good prep for future showcases/teams where girls need to impress a coach they may not know well or are a backup and get limited reps which they need to maximize.

In terms of $$, this is where girls needs to be honest with themselves. Would you join a club team where you are one of the bottom players on the roster? Same applies here. If a girl thinks she is at the bottom of the roster, she should only accept the spot knowing she may not play much.

The positive thing about the LI team is that they are talented enough that there should be a couple of blowouts so bench players can get more PT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that is not true

If you want guaranteed playing time, sign up for a showcase instead. There are plentry of those around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I am gleaning from this thread is that if your kid plays for a club other than YJ and makes the top team, she must be a student. However, it does not guarantee she will play much. Not very encouraging.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I am gleaning from this thread is that if your kid plays for a club other than YJ and makes the top team, she must be a student. However, it does not guarantee she will play much. Not very encouraging.

Yup. To be fair, the All American team is equally biased (if not more) to Jesters players. Its the reality of these all star events.

That being said, when the girls get older, these events have very little impact in recruiting. Girls who play for any of the top 4 LI clubs will have no problem getting exposure in front of the top coaches. Playing with your club, invite-only showcases, prospect days will all much bigger role in getting exposure.

These events are really only helpful for kids from non-core areas (think west coast and midwest) who don't play on top teams and have trouble getting exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*student not student

Yup. To be fair, the All American team is equally biased (if not more) to Jesters players. Its the reality of these all star events.

That being said, when the girls get older, these events have very little impact in recruiting. Girls who play for any of the top 4 LI clubs will have no problem getting exposure in front of the top coaches. Playing with your club, invite-only showcases, prospect days will all much bigger role in getting exposure.

These events are really only helpful for kids from non-core areas (think west coast and midwest) who don't play on top teams and have trouble getting exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches have already been release, just not assigned to teams.

Looks like 3 teams for 25,27,28 and 4 teams for 26s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*student not student

Much of all american for 25/26 group was YJ last year, so not biased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*student not student

Much of all american for 25/26 group was YJ last year, so not biased.

Coaches have already been release, just not assigned to teams.

Looks like 3 teams for 25,27,28 and 4 teams for 26s.

Save your money beyond the top team...not worth the $700 and Carol will be ok without it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
invites out-- lets whining begin.

For reference

Black - A Team
Grey - B Team
Red -- C Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
invites out-- lets whining begin.

For reference

Black - A Team
Grey - B Team
Red -- C Team

Incorrect
Red B
Grey C

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if any non YJ made Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made red. Red is B. She is non YJ. Also curious if any non YJ made black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if any non YJ made Black

2 from FLG at the minimum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter made red. Red is B. She is non YJ. Also curious if any non YJ made black.

Is she actually going to do it? No judgement at all. Just curious. Heard through the grapevine lots of girls who didn't make top team won't go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is she actually going to do it? No judgement at all. Just curious. Heard through the grapevine lots of girls who didn't make top team won't go.

She is going to do it with some other friends from her club who made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, grey is b. Spoke to American select for clarification.

Page 14 of 31 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard