BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 164 of 256 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 255 256
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG Classic!

Yes this event is interesting. I'm particularly interested in the Next Level vs. LE match up. That should be a decent early indicator for the summer. Red hots is another group to watch. It really depends on who shows up with these national teams - they could potentially be the best team at this event depending on who they have that day or just average. Literally no way of knowing. Not a huge fan of ranking these national teams for that reason. Always a crapshoot.

Looks like there is no playoff bracket for this one in tourney machine which is a shame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm assuming the teams here will be as close to 100% as feasible and the lineups will be pretty much the starting lineups for the spring season, which will kickoff two weeks later. Don't want to hear the "we were missing 15 hockey players" excuses.....results here will be indicator of how the rest of spring will go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubtful, for the programs that have multi sport athletes a ton of hoop championship games and hockey this weekend. For programs that just have lacrosse dudes not so much. 1st run preseason scrimmages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OMG Classic!

Yes this event is interesting. I'm particularly interested in the Next Level vs. LE match up. That should be a decent early indicator for the summer. Red hots is another group to watch. It really depends on who shows up with these national teams - they could potentially be the best team at this event depending on who they have that day or just average. Literally no way of knowing. Not a huge fan of ranking these national teams for that reason. Always a crapshoot.

Looks like there is no playoff bracket for this one in tourney machine which is a shame.

LE will beat NL by 4-5 goals.

If the Red Hots team from the Circuit shows up, they will roll through this field untouched. The RH team at the Circuit is likely the best "team" in the country. I use team loosely because they are a group of all-stars from other Top 20 teams. Either way, impressive amount of talent on one squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG Classic!

LE will beat NL by 4-5 goals.

If the Red Hots team from the Circuit shows up, they will roll through this field untouched. The RH team at the Circuit is likely the best "team" in the country. I use team loosely because they are a group of all-stars from other Top 20 teams. Either way, impressive amount of talent on one squad.
Some of the kids on Red Hots play for like 5-6 teams....impressive parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots reach out to everybody and there are a couple of kids on NL that have played for them in the past. I have to assume most of their regulars will be playing for their regional teams given this is just a couple of scrimmages. But who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pennsylvania taking away a year of high school eligibility for any 8th grade reclass kids. Coming to a state near you soon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pennsylvania taking away a year of high school eligibility for any 8th grade reclass kids. Coming to a state near you soon!

Source?

Would at least be interesting to read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Source?

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/...igibility-rule-for-high-school-athletes/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about matchups and upcoming tourneys...please, more. Does Leading Edge play many tourneys in DMV? What do we know about their 28 team and the program? Let's hear from some Long Islanders and Jersey-ites.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about matchups and upcoming tourneys...please, more. Does Leading Edge play many tourneys in DMV? What do we know about their 28 team and the program? Let's hear from some Long Islanders and Jersey-ites.

Looks like they lost their 2028 forum of their own

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Source?

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/...igibility-rule-for-high-school-athletes/

The upshot, of course, is simply that people are going to reclass their kids a year or two earlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge beat the pants off Crabs 8-2 at the B'More Fall Classic in November. LE has a big-bodied lefty attack who was a student. I was very impressed by LE. They're a solid Top 15-20 team in my opinion with the ability to rank higher with more tourney play. They haven't been playing the big-boy tourneys the last couple of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're on the Red Hots' Team Snap. It's up to a pool of 64 very talented kids from top to bottom. It probably challenges JM3 for the most impressive roster of talent. Red Hots can pick and choose an elite level team for any event, but it'll be interesting to see how they do at Crab Feast and Naptown when the best-of-their-best are playing for their local teams. It's also always tough for these teams to gel and play cohesively. But I predict they'll roll through this March tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're on the Red Hots' Team Snap. It's up to a pool of 64 very talented kids from top to bottom. It probably challenges JM3 for the most impressive roster of talent. Red Hots can pick and choose an elite level team for any event, but it'll be interesting to see how they do at Crab Feast and Naptown when the best-of-their-best are playing for their local teams. It's also always tough for these teams to gel and play cohesively. But I predict they'll roll through this March tourney.
What a great investment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a great investment!

64-kid player pool. That's not a "team"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a great investment!

Very curious what the payment structure is. I know most of the other national teams have you pay dues like any other club. Can't imagine paying dues to be on a 64 man roster. Would be better if set up on a ad hoc payment plan. But who knows. They basically grabbed up every kid who went to Apex last summer. That was the entire Red Hots National business plan in a nutshell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a great investment!

Very curious what the payment structure is. I know most of the other national teams have you pay dues like any other club. Can't imagine paying dues to be on a 64 man roster. Would be better if set up on a ad hoc payment plan. But who knows. They basically grabbed up every kid who went to Apex last summer. That was the entire Red Hots National business plan in a nutshell.
Red Hots Team Snap is now up to 117 on the roster. Try-outs next month will be in Poland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usual caveat that US Club Lax rankings mean nothing but in spite of that they're all we have--here are the top teams from the March Kickoff:

Leading Edge (14)
Freedom (20)
Madlax (26)
Next Level (30)
True Chesapeake (39)
BLC (43)
Red Hots (52)
Team 91 MD (62)
Cannons (181)
VLC Tallon (121)
True MD (didn't see/unranked)

Matchups to watch:

Madlax (26) v Freedom (20); Madlax "Monuments"--are we bringing in our out of towners for this one, guys? Madlax beat this team 5-4 in November so we'll see how this one goes.
NL (30) v Freedom (20) and NL (30) v Leading Edge (14): Two tough ones for NL. Need to show improvement from a lackluster fall where the offense was stagnant.
True Chesapeake (39) v BLC (43): If "True Chesapeake" = "True Annapolis" from last spring, this will be a battle to see if either team has improved from last year's one win seasons in Hoco Elite.
Team 91 MD (62) vs Red Hots (52): This is a team that 91 needs to be competitive with if they're going to come up to Hoco Elite this spring.

I will be available before/after this event to talk smack and tell all of you why your team is terrible and my son's is the best of all time.

Appreciate the time you took to research all these teams and their current rankings, but using the 2023 rankings that basically consist of a handful of tournaments from the fall when virtually every team in America is depleted due to other sports is just simply not accurate. Teams this spring will likely more closely reflect the rankings from July of last summer when all of these teams were complete with all their players. No, I’m not a Madlax dad either. They have their own set of issues, but they’re still a top 20 team. Leading edge is a legit top 20 team as they grabbed a bunch of kids from BBL. Red Hots national likely the odds on favorite as they are pulling from all over the country. Just can’t imagine they’re gonna travel to this one. But they do have their B team in the single-A division, so maybe we should expect a pretty strong roster from them. my guess is next level and red hots and Madlax split their games amongst one another, Madlax likely the best chance to go undefeated. Two good games and a third game against the cannons, which I cannot understand why they are even in this AA bracket. Really interested to see how BLC and 91 MD fair in this event. A lot of new players on those two rosters and they are slated for elite division in Elko

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Appreciate the time you took to research all these teams and their current rankings, but using the 2023 rankings that basically consist of a handful of tournaments from the fall when virtually every team in America is depleted due to other sports is just simply not accurate. Teams this spring will likely more closely reflect the rankings from July of last summer when all of these teams were complete with all their players. No, I’m not a Madlax dad either. They have their own set of issues, but they’re still a top 20 team. Leading edge is a legit top 20 team as they grabbed a bunch of kids from BBL. Red Hots national likely the odds on favorite as they are pulling from all over the country. Just can’t imagine they’re gonna travel to this one. But they do have their B team in the single-A division, so maybe we should expect a pretty strong roster from them. my guess is next level and red hots and Madlax split their games amongst one another, Madlax likely the best chance to go undefeated. Two good games and a third game against the cannons, which I cannot understand why they are even in this AA bracket. Really interested to see how BLC and 91 MD fair in this event. A lot of new players on those two rosters and they are slated for elite division in Elko

K some fair points here, the other way to look at it is, the new players that all the clubs picked up in tryouts were present and reflected in the Fall results. I guess we'll see either way. LE is good either way, we know this. Red Hots are hard to figure out given the size of the player pool so who knows who'll show up and how they'll play together but their top team should be a good test for anyone. Madlax as a top 20 team, yeah sure, I agree for the most part, but not too much difference from their fall ranking of 26, so pretty much a wash IMO.

NL plays Red Hots twice (once Sat, once Sun), in addition to LE and Freedom so can't accuse them of ducking the tough ones.

Agree with you re BLC and Team 91, IMO that's where we'll learn the most about where those teams will be in Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML plays Leading Edge on 3/11 at Landon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML plays Leading Edge on 3/11 at Landon.

Can’t wait to hear how that game goes, and then find out afterwards which ML team they decide was playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubtful, for the programs that have multi sport athletes a ton of hoop championship games and hockey this weekend. For programs that just have lacrosse dudes not so much. 1st run preseason scrimmages.

Except they are games not scrimmages.

Preemptively preparing the excuses I see.

Wonder what club your son plays for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages, single sport athlete dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last couple of posters are too much! Thank you for the laugh, but trust me, you will look back in a few years when your sons are in HS and cringe at the thought of what a hammerhead you were in 7th grade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any shockers in HoCo divisions? Hawks Black and Cannons don't belong in AAA. 91 will have fun in Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any shockers in HoCo divisions? Hawks Black and Cannons don't belong in AAA. 91 will have fun in Elite.

Team Money is going to cruise in AAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, they’re games, w real balls and referees!
BTW, who is Team MD WS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, who is Team MD WS?
True’s Maryland World Series team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Money couldn't beat VLC last year and had to have a come back victory against Predators. They will do fine in AAA but I promise they are not ready for Team MD and probably lose to FCA White, in a close game, as well. Team MD takes the AAA division easily. Seriously....EASILY.

Cannons and Hawks Black are a head scratcher at AAA. Guess somebody has to be the cannon fodder.

Predators at AA seems weird too but as an apparent Preds dad posted recently, they have come close or tied to lots of AAA competition but haven't actually beaten an elite team, ever. Kind of like 91. So let the Preds skate through AA, who cares.

Same thing with Forest Hill at AA....what happened to that roster that swept through AAA easily 2 years ago? Did they really lose that many kids?

91 is in elite for one reason - to ensure that they recruit other elite teams' cast offs in tryouts 5 months from now. All apologies to the current roster and the shellacking they are about to take.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, who is Team MD WS?

All-Star team that is playing in YLWS. Mostly kids from Annapolis area and Baltimore and a few DC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any ideas of teams out in FFX/ Loudoun that compete in HOCO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The VLC team is a very different team then it was from last year.. Not in a good way either..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, who is Team MD WS?

Someone will have to confirm but I think it’s True’s World Series Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club does your son play for?

Calling a valid tournament scrimmages sounds like something an excuselax monuments fall 2028 parent would say.

If they lose Cab will just change the name of the team again and the parents will cry on this board about missing kids.

What a circus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD still playing in AAA after winning it 2 times in a row...........odd! Prediction - Prostart and Predators will look better than half of the AAA teams. 91 goes 0-7 in Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD still playing in AAA after winning it 2 times in a row...........odd! Prediction - Prostart and Predators will look better than half of the AAA teams. 91 goes 0-7 in Elite.

Those are pretty safe predictions. FCA White and Team MD will both take it to Team Money, no question. detest to post anything pro-Predators but they lost to FCA White by 1 yesterday. And lost to FCA White by 1 the last time they played. And acc. to a Preds parent, beat Cannons the last two times they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any ideas of teams out in FFX/ Loudoun that compete in HOCO?

Hammers and one of the VLC teams, I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Predators dad, but want them to do well (or is it poorly, i dunno) so the trolling continues. Not sure why I find it funny.....I just do.

Like Reply Quote
Page 164 of 256 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 255 256
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard