BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 252 of 323 1 2 250 251 252 253 254 322 323
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My guess is the 26 Nike team has a majority Crabs players. Makes sense since they are the best local team by far...Hawks probably has the second most .

25 Team is majority 91 MD players as they are the best 25 team in the Country. Logical thinking at it's best.

👆🏻shocking how much sense this post makes. My guess is when the roster is broken down it will be Crabs and Hawks with a few other clubs like 91 and FCA scattered in.

Crabs and Hawks have the best teams so what’s the problem?

Doesn’t the DMV team beat them the majority of the time? Doesn’t matter who Maryland has on the team.

How many Maryland kids play for the DMV team usually? Or do they all go to the MD tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is the 26 Nike team has a majority Crabs players. Makes sense since they are the best local team by far...Hawks probably has the second most .

25 Team is majority 91 MD players as they are the best 25 team in the Country. Logical thinking at it's best.

👆🏻shocking how much sense this post makes. My guess is when the roster is broken down it will be Crabs and Hawks with a few other clubs like 91 and FCA scattered in.

Doesn’t the DMV team beat them the majority of the time? Doesn’t matter who Maryland has on the team.

How many Maryland kids play for the DMV team usually? Or do they all go to the MD tryouts?
Best teams don't always translate to the best individual players....Getting a free pass because you play for a good team is not a goo look...Those players know they are getting a free Crab nod to play.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest hurdle for Gilman competing is the head coach. Only thing worse than his in game management are his communication skills to the parents and team members.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest hurdle for Gilman competing is the head coach. Only thing worse than his in game management are his communication skills to the parents and team members.
This is high school, dad. Coaches priorities aren’t the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is high school, dad. Coaches priorities aren’t the parents.
He specifically said communication skills NOT the coaches priorities. You might want to consult a dictionary and a basic book on Logic before you scribble another absurd comment.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best teams don't always translate to the best individual players....Getting a free pass because you play for a good team is not a goo look...Those players know they are getting a free Crab nod to play.....

Says the bitter dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the bitter dad

Thanks Crab dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the bitter dad

Thanks Crab dad

Nope Hawks 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been watching all the sour grape bickering about the MD Region Nike Team. Past data does not support that being a Crab or playing HS for one of the evaluators creates an unfair selection process. I did a goggle search to see who made the team the last time the class of 22 played in the game. The data re club team affiliations was very revealing: 11 Hawks, 4 Crabs, 2 FCA, 2 RR and 3 clubs with 1 player each. Last I checked Hogan and King Crab are no where close to being bosom buddies, yet 11 Hawks earned their way on to the roster.

Not sure how the insecure and haters will respond to this data, but maybe this year’s rosters reflect the talent and ability that was best put on display at the tryout. Sure a deserving kid or two prob missed the team because an evaluator was looking somewhere else when they shined or circumstances resulted in their getting limited touches, etc. Based upon past data, whoever, it’s safe to assume the rosters most likely represent the cream of the talent crop, at this point in time, for central MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS Scrimmage results?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been watching all the sour grape bickering about the MD Region Nike Team. Past data does not support that being a Crab or playing HS for one of the evaluators creates an unfair selection process. I did a goggle search to see who made the team the last time the class of 22 played in the game. The data re club team affiliations was very revealing: 11 Hawks, 4 Crabs, 2 FCA, 2 RR and 3 clubs with 1 player each. Last I checked Hogan and King Crab are no where close to being bosom buddies, yet 11 Hawks earned their way on to the roster.

Not sure how the insecure and haters will respond to this data, but maybe this year’s rosters reflect the talent and ability that was best put on display at the tryout. Sure a deserving kid or two prob missed the team because an evaluator was looking somewhere else when they shined or circumstances resulted in their getting limited touches, etc. Based upon past data, whoever, it’s safe to assume the rosters most likely represent the cream of the talent crop, at this point in time, for central MD.

MDLax was coach of the team daddy ball how is that working out now for playing time at navy bottom of the depth chart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS Scrimmage results?

If scrimmages are ran properly, they have absolutely no bearing on the potential regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh vs Landon was pretty even for 3 qtrs, (7 - 7) McDonogh's best attacker was in a boot.
St Mary's vs St John's DC was another close scrimmage, did not get the score.
Severn vs Bullis, Bullis 12 - 5 after 3 qtrs. Severn was up 3 - 1 early and won the 4th quarter 3 - 0 with reserve players playing on both sides late 3rd qtr and 4th qtr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the word on Charles Street is that a new head coach will be coming in after the season.
Can anyone confirm this, ideas who it could be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the word on Charles Street is that a new head coach will be coming in after the season.

Yes, GU sent an email to his players and their families yesterday. He is stepping down after the 2023 season. Apparently SA will be elevated to head coach...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS Scrimmage results?

If scrimmages are ran properly, they have absolutely no bearing on the potential regular season.

Guess you've never coached sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, GU sent an email to his players and their families yesterday. He is stepping down after the 2023 season. Apparently SA will be elevated to head coach...

I would guess that Abrams will be acting HC. I don't dislike the guy, or his coaching (isn't he the D coordinator at LB? And that D is stout), but I'd think a wider search is in order. And yeah yeah, I know, the Looneys debacle is a factor too, as far as recruitment. Coach U is still club coaching at Crabs which has been a positive thing for a few LB players over the past few years. What is Abrams' recruiting network? He's a McDonogh alum but with Looneys being kaput, where and how is he interacting with new recruits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would guess that Abrams will be acting HC. I don't dislike the guy, or his coaching (isn't he the D coordinator at LB? And that D is stout), but I'd think a wider search is in order. And yeah yeah, I know, the Looneys debacle is a factor too, as far as recruitment. Coach U is still club coaching at Crabs which has been a positive thing for a few LB players over the past few years. What is Abrams' recruiting network? He's a McDonogh alum but with Looneys being kaput, where and how is he interacting with new recruits?

Dear BOTC:

We hope SA becomes the head coach at LB.

Sincerely,

The players, coaches, and families from all the other MIAA schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, much wider search is in order!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, much wider search is in order!

Considering lax has started pretty much everywhere in the US, who is out there with any type of resume? Good luck finding the HC to steer and rebuild a program. I'd transfer to any other MIAA school or go back to public for a year. Cant be any worse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A top prospect who would have an impact on the lax program at LB is no doubt aware of the "Looney's Debacle" and a guy who mismanaged a youth club will probably struggle as a head coach at an MIAA school, even if he does run admissions. There are other MIAA schools with attractive programs, some within a few miles of LB. The LB program is in turmoil - lame duck head coach, new AD, interim president. Lots of parents unhappy with how things are going.

AFAIK, SA is not involved with youth lacrosse other than as the coach of the one remaining Looney's team (2024). At least he stuck around to help those guys with their final year of club and recruiting. I hope the ones who want to play in college get the chance.

Most of the top local players know each other. Word spreads fast - who changed teams, who got cut, who signed with which school, who made varsity, who didn't. Educated consumers make it harder for faltering programs to course correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A top prospect who would have an impact on the lax program at LB is no doubt aware of the "Looney's Debacle" and a guy who mismanaged a youth club will probably struggle as a head coach at an MIAA school, even if he does run admissions. There are other MIAA schools with attractive programs, some within a few miles of LB. The LB program is in turmoil - lame duck head coach, new AD, interim president. Lots of parents unhappy with how things are going.

AFAIK, SA is not involved with youth lacrosse other than as the coach of the one remaining Looney's team (2024). At least he stuck around to help those guys with their final year of club and recruiting. I hope the ones who want to play in college get the chance.

Most of the top local players know each other. Word spreads fast - who changed teams, who got cut, who signed with which school, who made varsity, who didn't. Educated consumers make it harder for faltering programs to course correct.
I wouldn't put all the blame on SA for the Looney's demise.....2023. 2021, and 2020 board members did not do anything to grow or enhance the program beyond their own children

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't put all the blame on SA for the Looney's demise.....2023. 2021, and 2020 board members did not do anything to grow or enhance the program beyond their own children

Well, the club went from having several successful teams when he took over to one now with no prospects for the future. What does that tell you?

Yes, the former director was asleep for years, and one team left for Crabs (Old Bay) but the coaches held the other teams together. It was still a going concern and just needed leadership., and he provided bupkes.

No tryouts, no uniforms, no communications. The buck stops at the top, and SA was the director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly - Looneys was already in a death spiral when SA took over. His communication surely could have/should have been much better but he alone could not save that club. Also, there is not an interim president at LB right now. The current president announced he's leaving in June 2023 to take the same job at Fordham Prep to be closer to his ailing father. A search has already been started for his replacement. A revered alum (and former MSA championship-winning lax coach) will be interim prez while search plays out. The academic and athletic facilities at LB are second to none in the MIAA. There are many very qualified candidates interested in taking over as prez. As for lax, rumor has it that AS will be the OC and head coach in waiting. GU was going to be let go after season anyway. LB will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is Loyola recently had a record # of admission applications (no need for out of state boarders to fill spots) and the “new” Board is now 100% behind the athletic program with $. The new AD knows what he is doing and they have started a search for the new head coach who will start during the 23’ - 24’ school year .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is Loyola recently had a record # of admission applications (no need for out of state boarders to fill spots) and the “new” Board is now 100% behind the athletic program with $. The new AD knows what he is doing and they have started a search for the new head coach who will start during the 23’ - 24’ school year .

In 9th grade LB brings in 75-100 kids, 1/3 of whom play high level lax.

The LB middle school classes, who mostly stay for HS, have 65-85 kids each, 15-20 of whom play AAA or elite hoco lax.

140 kids at tryouts each and every year, about 120 of whom can seriously play, and 105 or so get a spot.

No, it's not Landon or even BL, but reasonable talent (above any B or C MIAA school or any public school) continues to pour into LB each and every year and the biggest criticism continues to be "doing the least with the most." Big fan of both Coach U and Coach A but it's time for a change.

If you don't believe me, watch the 1st half of the LB game against SP (2022) or the 2nd half of the 2021 MIAA playoff game against BL. Loyola was just outcoached in both instances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly - Looneys was already in a death spiral when SA took over. His communication surely could have/should have been much better but he alone could not save that club. Also, there is not an interim president at LB right now. The current president announced he's leaving in June 2023 to take the same job at Fordham Prep to be closer to his ailing father. A search has already been started for his replacement. A revered alum (and former MSA championship-winning lax coach) will be interim prez while search plays out. The academic and athletic facilities at LB are second to none in the MIAA. There are many very qualified candidates interested in taking over as prez. As for lax, rumor has it that AS will be the OC and head coach in waiting. GU was going to be let go after season anyway. LB will be just fine.

Omg! You are so knowledgeable. You should be prez of LB! I bet your son is a 5 star recruit!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is gonna be a slight talent bubble with the next class. LB has been doing awesome lately, but seeing 27s committing to some different schools. StP killing it. CH, McD and even JC doing well with this 27 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who’s in charge of the bus service in Annapolis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who’s in charge of the bus service in Annapolis

???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what the scrimmage schedule for this weekend is?
Any games today, or Saturday ?
When do the public schools start tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what the scrimmage schedule for this weekend is?
Any games today, or Saturday ?
When do the public schools start tryouts?
miaasports for private school schedules
Public schools tryouts started March 1st for most

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Links for Promotion/Advertising
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought McD looked good against Bullis yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought McD looked good against Bullis yesterday.

Did you watch the scrimmage? Give us some insights. I'm starving for real lacrosse talk. Are you a Bullis or McD guy? Personally interested to see if any Bullis freshmen played and if so how they looked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bullis defends struggled in the first half. The McDonogh faceoff kid is really good. The second half was better. More of an even match.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any place that publishes box scores for MIAA/IAC/WCAC games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a McD dad. It was pretty lopsided in the first half. Don't know the Bullis kids/jersey numbers well enough to know freshman question. But Bullis played their ones (that I knew) into the third quarter for sure. It tightened up in quarters 3-5, thought Bullis LSMs played well. Attack struggled a bit all game. It's March scrimmage so not reading much into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday 3/3 results
Loyola Blakefield vs St Paul VI (VA) 12-10
St. Anne's Belfield (VA) vs St. Mary's 5-17

Like Reply Quote