BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 256 of 267 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a whole, the team will be better, once they can learn to play together. The biggest change that will cause growth with the team is the addition by subtraction and no longer having DS (gc coach) in control of the team.[/quote]

What was wrong with DS as a coach?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My impression is it was a joint Landon sjc move.

Except the Landon coaching staff was not behind, nor did they like the move. The Landon staff expressed their dislike to some of the kids.

Pretty easy to figure out that your kid goes to Landon and was one of the kids on NL that was negatively affected by the move.

So how many teams has he been cut by now, I'm counting 3-4

Not too hard to guess who you are either, attack or LSM Dad. Really classy dumping on the kids who were pushed off the team to make room for your sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except the Landon coaching staff was not behind, nor did they like the move. The Landon staff expressed their dislike to some of the kids.

Pretty easy to figure out that your kid goes to Landon and was one of the kids on NL that was negatively affected by the move.

So how many teams has he been cut by now, I'm counting 3-4

Not too hard to guess who you are either, attack or LSM Dad. Really classy dumping on the kids who were pushed off the team to make room for your sons.
Took the words right out my mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody else been hearing a lot about this looneys comeback?

Have not heard anything. Unless someone new takes over the name and other assets, I don't believe there is any way to come back from what SA did to the club.

You might get a few kids who are just starting to play to attend a tryout, but I don't believe he could attract enough to restart and sustain a club. Anybody who knows local area lacrosse would not consider trusting him again.

Having said that, if a new director were to take over and show a plan that included competent leadership and coaching, there could be a comeback. The name is known. Looney's was once a large club, with teams for both boys and girls.

The bigger questions is, does the area need yet another expensive club lacrosse team? My answer is no. What the area needs is for the clubs to work with and support the local rec board teams that develop little kids. The cost to get started is too high for many families.

Clubs ought to help to feed and grow the sport, rather than adding younger and younger teams each year. Do we really think it is worthwhile to pay a couple grand per season for elementary-age kids to learn the game? I don't.

Looneys ain't coming back any time soon. The youngest team they ever had were 2027s, who all fled to Predators and I think FCA. If I were running Looneys I would try to set up a loose alliance between myself, LTRC, and TRC/Kelly Post. Which would mean, to an extent, shoving True Baltimore's corpse out of the Towson lax-o-sphere.

That's a great idea. Let the local rec board teams teach the game to the little ones, then allow players/families who want to stay with the sport (and devote more time, more games, more tournaments) to move to the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am the previous poster, and my son does not or has not played for next level. He is friends with many of the players there, and at the other schools mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the NL Landon kids pushing for the ML Landon kids. It was easy to convince the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have not heard anything. Unless someone new takes over the name and other assets, I don't believe there is any way to come back from what SA did to the club.

You might get a few kids who are just starting to play to attend a tryout, but I don't believe he could attract enough to restart and sustain a club. Anybody who knows local area lacrosse would not consider trusting him again.

Having said that, if a new director were to take over and show a plan that included competent leadership and coaching, there could be a comeback. The name is known. Looney's was once a large club, with teams for both boys and girls.

The bigger questions is, does the area need yet another expensive club lacrosse team? My answer is no. What the area needs is for the clubs to work with and support the local rec board teams that develop little kids. The cost to get started is too high for many families.

Clubs ought to help to feed and grow the sport, rather than adding younger and younger teams each year. Do we really think it is worthwhile to pay a couple grand per season for elementary-age kids to learn the game? I don't.

Looneys ain't coming back any time soon. The youngest team they ever had were 2027s, who all fled to Predators and I think FCA. If I were running Looneys I would try to set up a loose alliance between myself, LTRC, and TRC/Kelly Post. Which would mean, to an extent, shoving True Baltimore's corpse out of the Towson lax-o-sphere.

That's a great idea. Let the local rec board teams teach the game to the little ones, then allow players/families who want to stay with the sport (and devote more time, more games, more tournaments) to move to the club.

You ladies are really caught up on this club lax thing. I feel bad for your husbands and your daughters teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You ladies are really caught up on this club lax thing. I feel bad for your husbands and your daughters teams
Love when the dads try to blame their whining on the ladies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally spoke to a parent friend on NL26s. Thought I would share what I picked up. So, please feel free to add/subtract. It's not exactly linear....I'm just sending out what I heard.

Roughly 11 kids from NL26 were moved to a "practice squad" after DM's latest attempt to poach-to-win (and make money!!) after the ML kids decided to move over. Many of these 11 kids were original to NL and some had already paid. Needless to say, there are a lot of ticked off parents and my take was that they aren't going to let this go lightly. People on BOTC like to hammerhead on CM, and much of it is deserved, but this latest by DM & Co has really hit a nerve with people.

Several of the ML kids who are moving to NL attend St. Johns, and their parents were the ring leaders. Most schools of value in the DMV would frown upon using your position at the school to make money in your side hustle, but SJCH does not care from what I am told. If a club tried to pull this at Prep, Landon, Zaga there would be serious problems.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't because both ML and NL 26 teams were weak to say the least, but I sure would like to see the tension on the sidelines this summer between the newbies and NL leftovers.
It really makes this all the more disgusting. Can we now all agree DM is the biggest Xbag in the area?

Also, CM should have seen this coming. Is the SJC parent who led this the same one who led the 24 defection?
For what it’s worth— this was led by Landon kids and their parents, not SJC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally spoke to a parent friend on NL26s. Thought I would share what I picked up. So, please feel free to add/subtract. It's not exactly linear....I'm just sending out what I heard.

Roughly 11 kids from NL26 were moved to a "practice squad" after DM's latest attempt to poach-to-win (and make money!!) after the ML kids decided to move over. Many of these 11 kids were original to NL and some had already paid. Needless to say, there are a lot of ticked off parents and my take was that they aren't going to let this go lightly. People on BOTC like to hammerhead on CM, and much of it is deserved, but this latest by DM & Co has really hit a nerve with people.

Several of the ML kids who are moving to NL attend St. Johns, and their parents were the ring leaders. Most schools of value in the DMV would frown upon using your position at the school to make money in your side hustle, but SJCH does not care from what I am told. If a club tried to pull this at Prep, Landon, Zaga there would be serious problems.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't because both ML and NL 26 teams were weak to say the least, but I sure would like to see the tension on the sidelines this summer between the newbies and NL leftovers.
It really makes this all the more disgusting. Can we now all agree DM is the biggest Xbag in the area?

Also, CM should have seen this coming. Is the SJC parent who led this the same one who led the 24 defection?
For what it’s worth— this was led by Landon kids and their parents, not SJC

100%

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a whole, the team will be better, once they can learn to play together. The biggest change that will cause growth with the team is the addition by subtraction and no longer having DS (gc coach) in control of the team.

What was wrong with DS as a coach?[/quote]

What is wrong with DS as a coach? Is he no longer at NL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a whole, the team will be better, once they can learn to play together. The biggest change that will cause growth with the team is the addition by subtraction and no longer having DS (gc coach) in control of the team.

What was wrong with DS as a coach?

What is wrong with DS as a coach? Is he no longer at NL?[/quote]

Who will be the head coach of this new NL26 Blue "super team?" Heard the assistant would be GI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE, Hawks, Crabs and True are all laughing at you clowns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should be laughing at the clown that put True in the same category as the other 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should be laughing at the clown that put True in the same category as the other 3.
Calm down clown. Mentioned because of location. Sheesh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs only MD team to note.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since when does a team have to be at a certain level in order to laugh at people who are clowns? I bet there are folks on lower level teams that play on Aloha tournaments HS KB teams who are looking at the dads who orchestrated this and laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Irnonically the only team in MD that had to repeat several grades to learn how to write a note!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since when does a team have to be at a certain level in order to laugh at people who are clowns? I bet there are folks on lower level teams that play on Aloha tournaments HS KB teams who are looking at the dads who orchestrated this and laughing.

This is 100% true. Although I have to say, the kid promotion and mentally unwell coaches at the lower levels of lax (ie Aloha) are by default a little more detached from reality. Relax, your kid will have a chance to play D2, D3, or club lax in college and life will be just fine.

For the elite parents: relax, your kid will get an offer to play at a decent D1 school and the aid package will numb the pain down to whatever you'd pay in-state for College Park.

From his multiple uninvited guest appearances on BOTC, I believe "You're a Clown/You Know Nothing/Scram!" Dad has a 2026 and a 2028 son, almost certainly in MoCo private schools and elite lax players. Which is great, and wish them all the success in the world, but their dad is still a quarter zip orc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they count as a MD team or are they more of a National team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this class do with tryouts? Did any V programs take more than 1 freshman?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this class do with tryouts? Did any V programs take more than 1 freshman?

SJC took about 8. They lost 18 Seniors last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s bad news for the 2027’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD, BL, CHC, AS, STM, and LB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it will depend on how talented the 27s are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were the freshman at BL dorm kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOPE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their site lists their roster, with hometown and class. Two 2026s both from MD made Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their site lists their roster, with hometown and class. Two 2026s both from MD made Varsity.

NOPE

There are 10 varsity players from out of town though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. They will need 2027's as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only a couple. The rest probably won’t play until senior year, at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only a couple. The rest probably won’t play until senior year, at best.

That could be said for any school with a top lacrosse program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If those kids had any sensibility (or perhaps it falls on their parents who it appears were the orchestrators behind the move,) they would have asked for the high school coaches’ opinions before making such a foolish and selfish move

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should see the LB freshman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should see the LB freshman

What position?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They two defenseman and an attackman. Two of which get a lot of time. Strong 2026 there at LB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They two defenseman and an attackman. Two of which get a lot of time. Strong 2026 there at LB
Awesome. Good luck to them. Make sure you report back every game and let us know how your son did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs 26 will dominate the summer. all the boys are getting varsity experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Sandy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they are as they should be sophomores.

Like Reply Quote
Page 256 of 267 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard