BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a great day to be a Outlaw!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best part of interacting with LI people is saying ‘our oldest boys turned 10 in [er months] and LI parents saying “see! I told you they’re 11 while ours are 8 and 9”. XD

LI represent!

Are you saying you guys might need 12 year olds to compete with our guys turning 10 this year? Asking for a friend.
It says our MD boys (at least my son’s team) are all 10. If you reread the burn, it was clear I’m mocking the George Santos-electing mentality of LI parents. Our kids with their September 2012 birthdays are at most 3 months older than yours.

I understand what your saying with the three months difference but you are assuming every Maryland kid was born august 31 and every Long Island kid was born January 1st. What if a Maryland kid was born in the extreme early side of the range and a Long Island kid was born on the later side. Couldn’t that make some Maryland kids more than a year older than a Long Island ? In the grade ? Just trying to understand the cutoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best part of interacting with LI people is saying ‘our oldest boys turned 10 in [er months] and LI parents saying “see! I told you they’re 11 while ours are 8 and 9”. XD

LI represent!

Are you saying you guys might need 12 year olds to compete with our guys turning 10 this year? Asking for a friend.
It says our MD boys (at least my son’s team) are all 10. If you reread the burn, it was clear I’m mocking the George Santos-electing mentality of LI parents. Our kids with their September 2012 birthdays are at most 3 months older than yours.

I understand what your saying with the three months difference but you are assuming every Maryland kid was born august 31 and every Long Island kid was born January 1st. What if a Maryland kid was born in the extreme early side of the range and a Long Island kid was born on the later side. Couldn’t that make some Maryland kids more than a year older than a Long Island ? In the grade ? Just trying to understand the cutoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means a block of 12 consecutive for both teams, with on block beginning 3 month before the other. On avg MD 2031 team 10 year olds are 3 months older than LI 2031 boys.

Except for Hawks and Madlax each of whom had 10 year olds on their 2031 teams last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s assuming MD kids were born in Sept and LI kids born in Jan. Common sense says says most MD kids were born July -dec (prob some in June 12 as well) yet most NY kids born Jan-July. Therefore most of the MD kids have to be 6-14 months older than LI kids. It’s not really even debatable.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s assuming MD kids were born in Sept and LI kids born in Jan. Common sense says says most MD kids were born July -dec (prob some in June 12 as well) yet most NY kids born Jan-July. Therefore most of the MD kids have to be 6-14 months older than LI kids. It’s not really even debatable.

I am still Ok with them making the 5 hr drive to come play in our tourneys. Here are 10 that I could find.

Here is a list of the ones MD dads can circle and carpool for:
1) 4/22/23 Penguin Invitational @Cantiague Park Long Island
2) 4/23/23 Spring Lax Jam @Stony Brook University Stony Brook
3) 5/13/23 Spring Jam @LIU Post Brookville
4) 6/3/23 Summer Face-Off @ Farmingdale State College
5) 6/11/23 Long Ireland @LIU Post Brookville
6) 6/17-6/18/23 LI Lax Fest @Farmingdale State College
7) 6/24-6/25/23 National Summer Showdown @Farmingdale State College
8) 7/8/23 Summer Jam @Farmingdale State College
9) 7/8-7/9/23 The Big Time @NYC
10) 7/15-7/16 Mid Summer Shoot-out @LIU Post Brookville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those tournaments generally produce weak lineups of teams.

Tri-Star is usually the most competitive LI summer tournament. Same weekend as Laxfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri-Star is usually the most competitive LI summer tournament. Same weekend as Laxfest.

LOL ok add that one in too. So we have 11 tourneys the MD Dada can choose from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6/24 6/25 nat showdown expecting 120-150 teams for all over NE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, TriStar has the best competition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone released their tournament schedules yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
specifics? the team is extremely athletic, tough, fast, can pass and catch on the run. It's the coaches...the ownership. Having coached against them several times, i've never had any issue with the players. The coaches/owners are some of the most obnoxious i've been around, and I've been doing this for about 15 years. They [Censored] at the officials, they [Censored] at the parents of the opposing team, they [Censored] at the opposing coaches (while they're up by 10). Coach is too far on the field, kid moved to early on the face-off, etc. but is the constant griping with the refs that I can't tolerate. If there's something legit that was missed, or your kid is in danger of getting hurt due to the officials not calling it tight, that's one thing. These guys are intolerable. So they can practice 140 times/year, and win all of these subpar tournaments, but their reputation is suffering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
specifics? the team is extremely athletic, tough, fast, can pass and catch on the run. It's the coaches...the ownership. Having coached against them several times, i've never had any issue with the players. The coaches/owners are some of the most obnoxious i've been around, and I've been doing this for about 15 years. They [Censored] at the officials, they [Censored] at the parents of the opposing team, they [Censored] at the opposing coaches (while they're up by 10). Coach is too far on the field, kid moved to early on the face-off, etc. but is the constant griping with the refs that I can't tolerate. If there's something legit that was missed, or your kid is in danger of getting hurt due to the officials not calling it tight, that's one thing. These guys are intolerable. So they can practice 140 times/year, and win all of these subpar tournaments, but their reputation is suffering.

Wow - sounds like angry grapes here. Without know much about context here might not hurt to grow some skin?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the "best" tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the "best" tourneys?

On LI: Tri Star

Off LI: NAL, Naptown, NLF Championship, Crabfeast, Gauntlet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about this as well when comparing MD/LI 4th/5th graders....a 10 year old is more than 10% older than a 9yo. Physically and mentally that's a big difference at this age. Would you ask a 4th grader to do the school work of a 5th grader?

Also, as of now, from what I have heard/read the MD/VA cutoff is 7/1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, logically one would conclude (from a statistical perspective) that 3/4 of MD/VA teams were born in one of 3 seasons (Summer, Fall and/or Winter of 12' and 13') - This is not including any holdbacks which I assume there are usually 1 or 2 (just like in LI). A holdback in MD/VA would be a kid that was born in Spring or early Summer of 12.

On LI, since the cutoff is December (either 12/1 or 12/30 I'm not certain) assume 90-95% of 4th grade kids are born in 13, it makes perfect sense to think that 3/4 of the MD/VA teams are at least 3/4 months -12 months older than LI teams...that's a big difference at this age. Once HS hits the physical and mental components tend to be smaller (except if your a holdback). I assume LI dad's saying we're playing against 11yo is just a joke/exaggeration to get the point across that on average, MD/VA kids are minimum of 3-4 months older and could be up to 1yr (+ on the extreme side of things).

The MD/VA teams are still going to be very good, but this new lax rule should level the playing field. Thoughts? agree/disagree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about this as well when comparing MD/LI 4th/5th graders....a 10 year old is more than 10% older than a 9yo. Physically and mentally that's a big difference at this age. Would you ask a 4th grader to do the school work of a 5th grader?

Also, as of now, from what I have heard/read the MD/VA cutoff is 7/1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, logically one would conclude (from a statistical perspective) that 3/4 of MD/VA teams were born in one of 3 seasons (Summer, Fall and/or Winter of 12' and 13') - This is not including any holdbacks which I assume there are usually 1 or 2 (just like in LI). A holdback in MD/VA would be a kid that was born in Spring or early Summer of 12.

On LI, since the cutoff is December (either 12/1 or 12/30 I'm not certain) assume 90-95% of 4th grade kids are born in 13, it makes perfect sense to think that 3/4 of the MD/VA teams are at least 3/4 months -12 months older than LI teams...that's a big difference at this age. Once HS hits the physical and mental components tend to be smaller (except if your a holdback). I assume LI dad's saying we're playing against 11yo is just a joke/exaggeration to get the point across that on average, MD/VA kids are minimum of 3-4 months older and could be up to 1yr (+ on the extreme side of things).

The MD/VA teams are still going to be very good, but this new lax rule should level the playing field. Thoughts? agree/disagree?

Thanks LI mom, but certainly you can find a couple oversized on age kids from the large population you have up there. I have a note from my pediatrician that says little johnny is not ready for lacrosse and to not register him for school yet. 12/1 or 9/1 all kids grow, learn and develop at different ages and at different months of the year.
Bring on the new age lax rule! Then what will excuse be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the double hold back Dad, who lives vicariously through his son, b/c he couldn’t get in the field at Towson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the double hold back Dad, who lives vicariously through his son, b/c he couldn’t get in the field at Towson.

Wrong mom, I played up (in all sports) growing up in the 80’s and saw plenty of time. Unlike you, my parents had to deal with the on age parents complaining about a younger kid taking their kids playing time. My son is playing up now and holds his own and contributes regularly. If that’s what you consider living through my son, I’ll take it. I’m raising a man, not a boy.
What do you say about the other parents who have their kids playing up, but drop down 8th grade year? Let me guess, they are holdbacks. It happens more than you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong mom, I played up (in all sports) growing up in the 80’s and saw plenty of time. Unlike you, my parents had to deal with the on age parents complaining about a younger kid taking their kids playing time. My son is playing up now and holds his own and contributes regularly. If that’s what you consider living through my son, I’ll take it. I’m raising a man, not a boy.
What do you say about the other parents who have their kids playing up, but drop down 8th grade year? Let me guess, they are holdbacks. It happens more than you think.

Why don't you both settle this and arrange for a televised showdown. LOL

All you Maryland Dads are funny. Remind me again why you're in a Long Island thread? Probably because you want to level up like you did in the 80's LOL!
We are all happy for you and your accomplishments but please stay in your lane. As I said earlier our boys are not afraid of your men come take the ride up here and see how 9 year old hold up against your 10/11yr olds. Most of our kids play multiple sports like their parents did. The sport is catching momentum which is nice so lets have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my kid is still talking about how great of an athlete he was 35-40 years later I’ll consider myself a failure as a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see how many of the MD kids can play in the WSYL? LI has won EVERY single one because MD holds their kids back to compete! Facts….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This statement is so sad on so many levels I don't know where to begin. It personifies all that is wrong with youth sports. Also, to talk about ones accomplishments almost 40 years later is just sad. Good luck raising your "man"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI team really represented themselves well at the last WSYL banquet...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love how 91 is hiding from even their own tournament. Pretty much every 91 team is participating except them. I guess they know they will get beaten badly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s stick brothers in spring launch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basically it is Towermen without all of their kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 2032 playing the 2031 bracket? What’s 91 up to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 2032 playing the 2031 bracket? What’s 91 up to?

They are playing up in the B division. Yet there 2031 top team is nowhere to be found. The 31 team is not good. So 91 keeps hiding them from good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, you are missing the point. There's no angry grapes (i think it's sour grapes?). Truth is, this is how they behave. It's embarrassing. Kids are great, good team, all the things I already posted. It's the coaches. Read it again, maybe you'll understand what i'm saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 2031 and 2032 combined to enter the B bracket of the 2031 division….. not good for their 2031 or 2032 team. Hope they get back on track soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, you are missing the point. There's no angry grapes (i think it's sour grapes?). Truth is, this is how they behave. It's embarrassing. Kids are great, good team, all the things I already posted. It's the coaches. Read it again, maybe you'll understand what i'm saying.

Point taken however every team that contends (91, Igloo, Express and Rebels) has a loud coach or coaches - Igloo coach and Rebels coaches were both loud and passionate this past weekend on a nice battle for their double AA teams. Each team took a W but definitely lacking on their Attack X positions which I'm sure they will add to or recruit to be elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
41 is iglioo and Rebels,no one else close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loud and passionate is great...constant complaining detracts from their quality. That's all i'm saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is LI Express looking like at this age group? Any info is helpful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are waiting for unhappy people to leave their current clubs. Which I’m sure will happen soon enough. Express never good at younger ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is LI Express looking like at this age group? Any info is helpful.

Team is not good. But other poster is right that express pays no attention to young ages. MC will probably start trying to pluck players next year. It will be interesting to see if rebels and igloo keep their players leading up to World Series

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A new era is in place. Express and 91 going downward. Going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to tough to watch the demise of the Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would agree when they get to 7th or 8th lots of holdbacks, but honestly not in 4th in MD. My kid is on a HoCo Elite team and I don’t think I kid is born before 9/1/12.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard