BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
BiggLax Online Content OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
The other post seems to have broke

Attempt #2

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have the scrimmages gone so far? The qualifier should be interesting 20+ teams, maybe even more than 30

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the qualifier work? It says there is a North and East qualifier the same weekend at the same location. Are they 2 separate tournaments? How many teams can qualify? This whole WSYL thing seems off. The West qualifier had 3 teams in it last weekend and 2 qualify? How is that possible? How did both 91 Teams qualify last year? This just seems to be another tournament which has multiple rounds and some teams from all over. That is fine but is hardly a World Series or even a National Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason certain areas have less trying to qualify is probably twofold.
1. Traveling across the country for a tournament is probably not appealing for a team that may meet the requirements. Meeting the requirements is hard once you get out of the northeast.
2. Fielding a team that is on age and has any chance of competing with players from Maryland northward is not likely. Yea there may be some representation from the south but everyone knows they aren’t true teams that have been playing together. They just grabbed the best players from within 100 miles of the clubs headquarters and put together a world serious team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Why is the other post broken? Maybe BOTC can fix or delete and start over?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Spring tournies for LI/CT teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really disappointing that the 28s are headed to qualifiers and the commenting on 28s has been out of commission. I've had to read about reclassing and LI Legacy for the past 5 months... both of which grow old real quick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a list of Teams going to qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an unofficial incomplete list. We've been told that there are 11 teams in the east qualifier and 5 are advancing. I only know of 9 teams listed below, so not sure who the other 2 are. Not sure if there are additional teams in the north qualifier and not sure how many will advance. Anyone know?

North
91 Venom
Boston Blue Jays
2Way
LI Express
Express North
Legacy
Rebels
91 TriState
Be The Best
Shore 2 Shore
LI Rush
Igloo
91 Surge
Orange Crush
Primetime
Predators
Cavalry
Albany Power

East
BBL
Freedom
Dukes
True MD
Jersey Express
3d GS
Tri-State
Riot
True PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams missing from WSYL Instagram, FCA Upstate and Sweetlax Upstate

Teams missing that I know first hand that are signed up, Recon and Igloo Frost

It’s just straight up cheating in my opinion with the Boston Blue Jays making a team from 3 teams (3D ne, Laxachussetts and 4 Leaf). Do they seriously have that many kids that don’t qualify age wise?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

It’s just straight up cheating in my opinion with the Boston Blue Jays making a team from 3 teams (3D ne, Laxachussetts and 4 Leaf). Do they seriously have that many kids that don’t qualify age wise?

Agreed, very shady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Venom is a little nervous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are really the only parents who care. All their FB posts are about them being #1 and the best on age team around. This means absolutely nothing. Check out your 91 Wolfpack team, same type of batsh*t parents all hyped about the WS, then 1 week later they take a loss on a Saturday, and leave without even playing their Sunday games. Paper champs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are really the only parents who care. All their FB posts are about them being #1 and the best on age team around. This means absolutely nothing. Check out your 91 Wolfpack team, same type of batsh*t parents all hyped about the WS, then 1 week later they take a loss on a Saturday, and leave without even playing their Sunday games. Paper champs.

Ranked number 1 at 12/13 years old. In a sport that has no future. It may help you get into a great college but beyond that its a dead end. Even the PLL games don't draw crowds. Its a great sport and kids love it. The adults are ruining it and the club scene has turned into a huge money making business at the expense of our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ranked number 1 at 12/13 years old. In a sport that has no future. It may help you get into a great college but beyond that its a dead end. Even the PLL games don't draw crowds. Its a great sport and kids love it. The adults are ruining it and the club scene has turned into a huge money making business at the expense of our kids.

I have seen very little “we are #1” from venom. The 91 animonsity on here is out of control

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen very little “we are #1” from venom. The 91 animonsity on here is out of control
Madlax is the best team. Spanked Venom soundly the ne time they played. Did the same to 2Way at NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They shouldn’t be allowed to throw together a team. We will know if kids are not from 100 miles. With that said as long as they aren’t holdbacks, we will know that as well, it shouldn’t affect much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many non express Chuck kids are joining their express WS team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They shouldn’t be allowed to throw together a team. We will know if kids are not from 100 miles. With that said as long as they aren’t holdbacks, we will know that as well, it shouldn’t affect much.

From their website rules

Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted

This is 100% what the Blue Jays team is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From their website rules

Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted

They played several fall tournaments as a team. So all good imo (not a blue jay parent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From their website rules

They played several fall tournaments as a team. So all good imo (not a blue jay parent)

And let me guess they won’t play together after WS. Not a team!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me guess they won’t play together after WS. Not a team!![/quote]

Please explain why this matters. Are you that afraid of losing a middle school lacrosse tournament?

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain why this matters. Are you that afraid of losing a middle school lacrosse tournament?

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.[/quote]

I like this... a "purist"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is the best team. Spanked Venom soundly the ne time they played. Did the same to 2Way at NLF.

I wonder why we never see Madlax at the World Series to prove that they are the best U13 team? Oh yeh I remember why…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.[/quote]

But give a pass to adults desperately putting together a “team” to win the meaningless middles school tournament.
Or give a pass to you, who reads this page about meaningless middle school teams.

Let’s be honest none of this matters. Not HS not college. But yet here WE are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.

But give a pass to adults desperately putting together a “team” to win the meaningless middles school tournament.
Or give a pass to you, who reads this page about meaningless middle school teams.

Let’s be honest none of this matters. Not HS not college. But yet here WE are.[/quote]

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.[/quote]

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule is out for this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?[/quote]

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.[/quote]

This

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.

This[/quote]

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.[/quote]

The regional all star teams will do very well. Blue jays and BBL case in point. Two perfect examples of playing the system. Both teams will give teams like venom and the chucks and the “real” teams a run for their money.
The blue jays is a mix of players from other clubs who joined because their prior team is made up of older kids.
BBL is made up of the best on age kids of the BBL teams from south north etc.
Both are not true teams that existed last year. They were made for the sole purpose of collecting parents money and creating a team to compete against the true on age teams that would STILL would have existed if the World Series didn’t exist. Shady for sure.
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekends tourney in Farmingdale and the north qualifier will be much better than traveling to North Carolina for July 4th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.[/quote]

‘Moments of Glory’, that’s funny, when did this happen? Such pushback from a group that will bring down almost 30 kids but only play about 12. Apologies for trying to include more kids that just want to compete. Don't worry, it shouldn’t impact the 5 minutes of playing time your kid will get all weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.

The regional all star teams will do very well. Blue jays and BBL case in point. Two perfect examples of playing the system. Both teams will give teams like venom and the chucks and the “real” teams a run for their money.
The blue jays is a mix of players from other clubs who joined because their prior team is made up of older kids.
BBL is made up of the best on age kids of the BBL teams from south north etc.
Both are not true teams that existed last year. They were made for the sole purpose of collecting parents money and creating a team to compete against the true on age teams that would STILL would have existed if the World Series didn’t exist. Shady for sure.
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.[/quote]

BBL Elite plays together all year - they have 10 games in the books already this year. They are clearly a team. What rule would you propose to make them ineligible to compete?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.

‘Moments of Glory’, that’s funny, when did this happen? Such pushback from a group that will bring down almost 30 kids but only play about 12. Apologies for trying to include more kids that just want to compete. Don't worry, it shouldn’t impact the 5 minutes of playing time your kid will get all weekend.[/quote]

Please give me a break. They don’t even have a webpage. They literally are not even a team. They exist for one purpose only.
At least BBL pulled kids from all their regional teams. Again, created for one purpose only, but a far cry from the blue jays.

And I could care less where your son plays. I hope he is happy and a great player and having fun regardless of playing time.
Those sort of attacks are what got this board shut down the first time. So obvious to everyone except for you. You think the board “broke”? Wake up. Don’t make insinuations about 12-13 year olds. It’s not classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you are joking? MadLax has about 75% of its offense generated by one player, who is 15 years old, and without him this weekend they were spanked 12-1! such great development of the other kids on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I could care less where your son plays. I hope he is happy and a great player and having fun regardless of playing time.
Those sort of attacks are what got this board shut down the first time. So obvious to everyone except for you. You think the board “broke”? Wake up. Don’t make insinuations about 12-13 year olds. It’s not classy.[/quote]

Seems like someone’s comments offended Mr. Classy now he’s threatening to shut the board down. I guess those comments hit a little too close to home. There were no insinuations or attacks made about 12 or 13 year olds. Truth hurt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you are joking? MadLax has about 75% of its offense generated by one player, who is 15 years old, and without him this weekend they were spanked 12-1! such great development of the other kids on the roster.

2way has kids just as old as that player (whose not 15). And 2way also has kids from like 4 states playing on a 7th grade team.

Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid isn't 15, get real. But he is a reclass back about 5 years ago and was forced to move down to make room for kids ML snagged from BLC so that coach's kid could play left attack. He's 14, December birth is the word from ML parents. But to point ... ML offense sputters without him. Their attack, although skilled, is just way too small and get destroyed. When he is there drawing double and triple teams is when the other kids score. If he played attack ML would be more dangerous but they run him at middie. ML is looking at at least 3 losses in HOCO this spring and are playing BBL and Venom in May. Likely L's if they don't bring in the national helpers. Maybe they can rent a few Red Hots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So glad I’m not the only one that sees these older kids that don’t look like 12/13 yr olds at all playing on ‘28 teams and so glad I’m not the only one who thinks that these patchwork teams are shady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl/ 2way Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an unofficial incomplete list. We've been told that there are 11 teams in the east qualifier and 5 are advancing. I only know of 9 teams listed below, so not sure who the other 2 are. Not sure if there are additional teams in the north qualifier and not sure how many will advance. Anyone know?

North
91 Venom
Boston Blue Jays
2Way
LI Express
Express North
Legacy
Rebels
91 TriState
Be The Best
Shore 2 Shore
LI Rush
Igloo
91 Surge
Orange Crush
Primetime
Predators
Cavalry
Albany Power

East
BBL
Freedom
Dukes
True MD
Jersey Express
3d GS
Tri-State
Riot
True PA

How did you know this before tourney app schedule came out??

Always figured freedom was older kids. Should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East will be interesting Dukes and Freedom has some older kids i was told. Not sure if just 1 or couple. They are both very strong teams in the own right though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series, Who is in your Final Four?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t it interesting that venom and express got the best schedules out of anyone there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team on Long Island also has a 15/16 year old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easiest pool for one of the supposed top teams is hands down A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D is actually the easiest pool. But correct take Venom out and A is not rough. They are the top seeded team, not necessarily the best but the top seed. They are supposed to have the easiest pool. As everyone will see next weekend the best part about this tourney is it doesn’t matter all that much- the good teams will play each other day 2. If you look at the pools objectively they are pretty even. And whoever said Express has it easy I guess doesn’t know the teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t it interesting that venom and express got the best schedules out of anyone there?

Go back and do some research

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams qualify on the 25th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East will be interesting Dukes and Freedom has some older kids i was told. Not sure if just 1 or couple. They are both very strong teams in the own right though.

Will the older kids by on WS team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did legacy get a 2nd goalie to replace the one that is above age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say no since its age based. I believe both teams are going to be very good with the age based kids also. I watched Freedom play this past weekend, very skilled at every position including goalie, he was very impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North
91 Venom
Boston Blue Jays
2Way
LI Express
Express North
Legacy
Rebels
91 TriState
Be The Best
Shore 2 Shore
LI Rush
Igloo
91 Surge
Orange Crush
Primetime
Predators
Cavalry
Albany Power

East
BBL
Freedom
Dukes
True MD
Jersey Express
3d GS
Tri-State
Riot
True PA

How did you know this before tourney app schedule came out??

Always figured freedom was older kids. Should be interesting.

The teams were posted on Instagram before TM .

How many teams from the North are advancing?

5 of the 10 from the East are. I'd think BBL Freedom and Dukes would be 3 of the 5. Heard True MD didn't look good last weekend so I'm thinking Jersey Express and 3d GS round out the 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl/ 2way Sunday

Is it a matchup of their World Series teams? I'm curious to see what the 2W world series team looks like without the holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid isn't 15, get real. But he is a reclass back about 5 years ago and was forced to move down to make room for kids ML snagged from BLC so that coach's kid could play left attack. He's 14, December birth is the word from ML parents. But to point ... ML offense sputters without him. Their attack, although skilled, is just way too small and get destroyed. When he is there drawing double and triple teams is when the other kids score. If he played attack ML would be more dangerous but they run him at middie. ML is looking at at least 3 losses in HOCO this spring and are playing BBL and Venom in May. Likely L's if they don't bring in the national helpers. Maybe they can rent a few Red Hots.
What’s Venom’s record head to head with Madlax? And 2Way, how bout them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of comments and observations pertaining to the World Series comments here.
There are no 15/16 year olds on Long Island playing on a 2028 team. Period.
Venom got an easy schedule. Don’t matter. They should make it far unless they come across the blue jays, 2 way, or bbl early
D bracket is by far the weakest.
There are several teams that were made strictly for the World Series. They wouldn’t even have a team if it weren’t for the intention of winning the World Series. We all know who you are. The whole blue jays thing is so shady. They don’t have a team at any other age group. They aren’t an organization. It’s an all star team. End of story.
BBL did their best to ensure a ticket to the finals. It will probably work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of comments and observations pertaining to the World Series comments here.
Venom got an easy schedule. Don’t matter. They should make it far unless they come across the blue jays, 2 way, or bbl early
There are several teams that were made strictly for the World Series. They wouldn’t even have a team if it weren’t for the intention of winning the World Series. We all know who you are. The whole blue jays thing is so shady. They don’t have a team at any other age group. They aren’t an organization. It’s an all star team. End of story.

Just wanted to clarify…. I realize that bbl and venom are in two different qualifiers and therefore won’t play each other in March in Delaware. I was addressing both the qualifiers and the main event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wanted to clarify…. I realize that bbl and venom are in two different qualifiers and therefore won’t play each other in March in Delaware. I was addressing both the qualifiers and the main event.

Express and Express North also right up there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For years these dads have dreamt about how little Timmy will dominate once these holdbacks are out of the mix. Here comes the rude awakening when they realize that many of the kids that have been smoking Timmy are actually the same age. Gotta find a new excuse to save dad's ego. "All of these non-LI teams are invalid. If they were excluded, Timmy would be a superstar like I've always dreamt of!" So sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For years these dads have dreamt about how little Timmy will dominate once these holdbacks are out of the mix. Here comes the rude awakening when they realize that many of the kids that have been smoking Timmy are actually the same age. Gotta find a new excuse to save dad's ego. "All of these non-LI teams are invalid. If they were excluded, Timmy would be a superstar like I've always dreamt of!" So sad.

Lol I didn’t mention holdbacks once. Your reading comprehension is poor. What I did point out is that there are certain teams that were put together this year and this year only for one reason and one reason only. They aren’t by definition a club. They are an all star team of “on age” kids (see prior reading comprehension comment). They are as close to the concept of colluding between clubs, which is against the rules, as you can be. Your lack of ability to read my post and understand the issue I voiced is actually the sad part. Not your made up perception of how I view my child’s abilities and the level of stardom I perceive he possesses.
But since you mentioned holdbacks, I’ll reiterate your point. But I’ll do so with some common sense. Please read it slowly and absorb prior to trying to respond. The reason that these very talented on age kids (nobody denied their talents) are forced to play for a team that really isn’t a team is because their team from last year will not qualify because they have older kids or holdbacks. Hence the problem with lacrosse in general and why it should be according to birth year and not grade.
And lastly, since you mentioned Long Island, I’ll jump on that point as well. Can’t let that misinterpretation slide as well. If someone wanted to form an all star team with the best of 91 and express and a few others from the remaining teams, there would not be an on age team in the country that could beat them. Im right. You know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol I didn’t mention holdbacks once. Your reading comprehension is poor. What I did point out is that there are certain teams that were put together this year and this year only for one reason and one reason only. They aren’t by definition a club. They are an all star team of “on age” kids (see prior reading comprehension comment). They are as close to the concept of colluding between clubs, which is against the rules, as you can be. Your lack of ability to read my post and understand the issue I voiced is actually the sad part. Not your made up perception of how I view my child’s abilities and the level of stardom I perceive he possesses.
But since you mentioned holdbacks, I’ll reiterate your point. But I’ll do so with some common sense. Please read it slowly and absorb prior to trying to respond. The reason that these very talented on age kids (nobody denied their talents) are forced to play for a team that really isn’t a team is because their team from last year will not qualify because they have older kids or holdbacks. Hence the problem with lacrosse in general and why it should be according to birth year and not grade.
And lastly, since you mentioned Long Island, I’ll jump on that point as well. Can’t let that misinterpretation slide as well. If someone wanted to form an all star team with the best of 91 and express and a few others from the remaining teams, there would not be an on age team in the country that could beat them. Im right. You know it.

100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the strongest team in each North qualifier pool?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is 91 Venom’s head to head record w Madlax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D is actually the easiest pool. But correct take Venom out and A is not rough. They are the top seeded team, not necessarily the best but the top seed. They are supposed to have the easiest pool. As everyone will see next weekend the best part about this tourney is it doesn’t matter all that much- the good teams will play each other day 2. If you look at the pools objectively they are pretty even. And whoever said Express has it easy I guess doesn’t know the teams

Venom has a cake walk Saturday.
Legacy plays predators and recon…that is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Venom is a top seed they should have an easy schefule. Legacy also has 2 very tough games. What don’t you people understand about a tournament with seeded teams?? Yes it may not be perfect but watch the NCAA bracket shows they aren’t either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the strongest team in each North qualifier pool?

A- venom not even a close second

B- 2Way

C- express or blue jays

D- FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Frost ? Really ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Frost ? Really ??

Why do you care?
It’s a tournament.
Let them play and learn and grow. Should they not bother because you do not think they are worthy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Frost ? Really ??

What team is your son on that you have to take shots at a CHILDRENS lax team? Pathetic. Do these kids not deserve to play and compete?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s Venom’s record head to head with Madlax? And 2Way, how bout them?

Both are 0-1 against Madlax. BUT ... Madlax augmented their roster with the big Texas D and the NH middie for both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, you didn't mention holdbacks. Now that the holdback excuse is no longer applicable, "Collusion" is your latest excuse why your kid's team won't thrive. I guarantee your kid doesn't play for Venom or LIE. Those teams want to play the best to prove they are the best. Parents like you want exclusions . . . or they make excuses. Good luck this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word on Legacy? My kids play for a competitor of theirs...seems like they've digressed a bit. Always seem like they are a kid or 2 away from being one of the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word on Legacy? My kids play for a competitor of theirs...seems like they've digressed a bit. Always seem like they are a kid or 2 away from being one of the top teams.

Who cares about them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

toxicity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm friends with some of the dads (same town), and they're pissed. One of them recently joined, but as far back as I can remember, they were always pretty good. Seems like they've fallen a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone shed light on who / what the Boston blue jays are? Never seen them before and there is no information about them online. I am assuming it’s just an all-star team of on-age kids from laxachusetts, 4 leaf and others in Feb area. Anyone who actually knows?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And 2way and express north. Those games will not be a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams from the North qualifier are advancing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets B and C are the hardest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all just enjoy for a minute how quiet all the Maryland teams are since not one of them can even field a team for the World Series?!?!?! Maybe this is the only year we will get it, but the absence of their smug bs about “how good” they are will have to be tempered for the summer. Of course they will try to say that the World Series isn’t what it used to be so they won’t bother to show up…blah, blah.

Fact: when the playing field is level, they won’t even show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all just enjoy for a minute how quiet all the Maryland teams are since not one of them can even field a team for the World Series?!?!?! Maybe this is the only year we will get it, but the absence of their smug bs about “how good” they are will have to be tempered for the summer. Of course they will try to say that the World Series isn’t what it used to be so they won’t bother to show up…blah, blah.

TRUE!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia agrees

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um... TourneyMachine shows True MD in the east.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marylander here, according to this board the tournament directors create the uneven playing field so make up your mind. We have too many money grab club teams in our area to send a competitive team. Our best kids don’t play on same teams, they play against each other. Schedule the tournament and qualifiers during off season and we may think about it.

How many of the teams that have won are actual teams that consistently play together or an all star team thrown together just for 1 tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marylander here, according to this board the tournament directors create the uneven playing field so make up your mind. We have too many money grab club teams in our area to send a competitive team. Our best kids don’t play on same teams, they play against each other. Schedule the tournament and qualifiers during off season and we may think about it.

How many of the teams that have won are actual teams that consistently play together or an all star team thrown together just for 1 tournament?

You missed the point.
Hawks, crabs, etc, etc are not there because they do not meet the criteria. Their 2028 teams would be too old and the 2029 teams, which are comparable in age to what will be there, would stand no chance.

And the vast majority of teams consistently play together. Just don’t call out those teams (the minority) that don’t on this board. You’ll be accused of being afraid of competition and you’ll be told what team your child plays for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year Team 91 LI Machine won and they were definitely a legitimate team that played together all year. Not sure how to categorize BBL Elite but they certainly play together a bunch. It ended up being a good mix of both and was very competitive across the board. It definitely would have been better with a few more MD teams though - it's too bad more don't figure out a way to participate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any team that has won from LI (91, Express, Legacy) have been 'actual teams' that consistently play together year-round. Not cobbled together collections of the best available players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a MD parent of an on age kid - it’s difficult to describe how inconsequential this World Series tournament is.

Yes on age sounds good. But on age is completely and totally irrelevant in the lacrosse world. Literally NO ONE CARES.

Not in club, not in HS and not in college. If the NY crowd feels better about themselves than have at it.

It’s just not the way this game is set up right now. Hopefully it changes soon for kids to come. It won’t impact my son at all.

Besides I could argue that the best on age kids are in MD anyway. To play on those teams against the older kids DAILY cuts a different sort of kid.

Enjoy the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a MD parent of an on age kid - it’s difficult to describe how inconsequential this World Series tournament is.

Yes on age sounds good. But on age is completely and totally irrelevant in the lacrosse world. Literally NO ONE CARES.

Not in club, not in HS and not in college. If the NY crowd feels better about themselves than have at it.

It’s just not the way this game is set up right now. Hopefully it changes soon for kids to come. It won’t impact my son at all.

Besides I could argue that the best on age kids are in MD anyway. To play on those teams against the older kids DAILY cuts a different sort of kid.

Enjoy the tournament.

On age means nothing at high school and college. But between the ages of 10-14 it means everything. What part of that do you not comprehend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

On age means nothing at high school and college. But between the ages of 10-14 it means everything. What part of that do you not comprehend?

It means something for 100% sure. It doesn’t mean everything.

But keep telling yourself that. You have 1.5 more years to cry about it so get your moneys worth.

Again, enjoy the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

But keep telling yourself that. You have 1.5 more years to cry about it so get your moneys worth.

If nobody cares, why are you on this forum commenting on it? Go back to the MD forum and discuss how many holdbacks FCA has or the exact birthdate of the ML kid. NO ONE CARES.

The World Series is a unique experience that your kids won't get a chance to participate in. You can poo poo it if you want.

I may be in the minority, but I wish MD would put together a "Blue Jays" like on-age all-star team to compete at the WS. It'll never happen, but it would be fun to see what MD actually has in terms of on-age talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"As a MD parent of an on age kid - it’s difficult to describe how inconsequential this World Series tournament is."

right on schedule....

I love how *THIS* tournament for 7th graders is "inconsequential" but the one's maryland teams will show up for are important???

It's 7th grade lacrosse - there is no consequence. It's about the kids and that's why the World Series is special. It's unlike any tournament they will play in and it's a great experience for them. The fact that you can't wrap your head around and want to try and make it a less-than tournament because brand of lacrosse favors holding kids back to play lesser/younger competition and then turning around and saying the teams from up north are "afraid to compete" is the height of irony. You are the ones who are afraid to let your kid play with their grade/age - the only fear of competition is coming from your households which is why you hold your kids back. It's fine, just be honest about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

If nobody cares, why are you on this forum commenting on it? Go back to the MD forum and discuss how many holdbacks FCA has or the exact birthdate of the ML kid. NO ONE CARES.

The World Series is a unique experience that your kids won't get a chance to participate in. You can poo poo it if you want.

I may be in the minority, but I wish MD would put together a "Blue Jays" like on-age all-star team to compete at the WS. It'll never happen, but it would be fun to see what MD actually has in terms of on-age talent.

True Annapolis added a handful of kids from other clubs last year and lost to 91 in the quarters. If the more prominent MD teams did the same their teams would be significantly stronger than the one True put together. If you went straight "Blue Jays" it would be a bloodbath. Same if LI put together an all-star team. There is no reason to believe any of the hot bed areas have better on-age talent. LI does have better on-age teams though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say with certainty many of the on age parents in MD talked about doing a Blue Jays type team last fall.

Actually there were two separate groups that I know of looking to get the on age HoCo kids to play.

But then folks saw the qualifier was the same week as the first week of the HoCo season and couldn’t get enough commitments.

It [Censored] but if it was a week earlier, who knows, things may have materialized. It would have been fun for the boys, my son included.

I will say that even with that, many of MD the on age kids and parents that I know just weren’t excited or motivated to do it. It’s not really a big deal like it is in the north.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

It means so little to this guy that he will join a different message board to prove that he doesn't care. Way to go Joe from Maryland who has an on-age kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets B and C are the hardest.

Depending on who you are.
North and 2way are the only top teams in B
Express and blue jays only top teams in C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

I speak as a LI transplant to MD, who’s had kids play in both places. MD cares because it keeps getting mentioned they can’t play in the tournament. 1) Scheduling conflicts with hoco. 2) Due to many clubs and director/coaches politics they would never field a “Blue Jays” team. As True continues to buy up all the lower tier clubs (there are a few excellent players on these clubs) in MD, they will get better in the 100 mi radius and more competitive in the next few years. The 100 mi radius in LI is equivalent to the entire DMV area.

Believe me, there are plenty of on age elite players (most play up) they are spread out amongst the 15 clubs in the 20 mi radius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

Exactly!

When it was the World Series of Youth Lacrosse Maryland did have teams entered. Hawks were in the tournament for 2026. Maryland does have the ability to be there. Since WSYL was cancelled and it is now World Championship I think there is less of a desire to go from the MD area schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids here are excited. Even those who know they have less of a chance to win or even qualify
Not sure how excited the parents are but the ones I talked to are viewing it as another tournament. A chance to play. Part of their tuition fees.
It’s a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

Nobody is crying about it. This is a public forum to discuss a lot of things. Sometimes people on here are ignorant and impossible to talk to. Sometimes they are open minded and reasonable like you seem to be. The reason that this tournament means a lot to the Long Island and northeast kids is because it’s an opportunity to play against an even playing field. The advantage is non existent. It means nothing to the Maryland crowd because holdbacks are so common. I was on the Maryland board the other day and was amazed at how matter of factly they were referring to teams running into “academic problems”, meaning gonna get a lot of holdbacks. Such common place for kids to be held back that it is just accepted. That is not something that is common here. Yes, it exists. But it’s so far from common.

In the end it doesn’t matter. It will all even out after puberty. But at this age it’s overwhelmingly thought of as “unfair”. Nobody is crying about it. But it’s definitely something that people do not like. Hence the reason this particular tournament, and the attitude towards holdbacks, is so different up here. Both Long Island and Maryland will continue to be hotbeds for the sport, along with some other areas catching up. If lacrosse was set up like hockey, which most hope it will eventually be, this back and forth wouldn’t exist. It won’t matter to most of us because our kids will be in high school and beyond by the time the change comes. But it will eventually come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids here are excited. Even those who know they have less of a chance to win or even qualify
Not sure how excited the parents are but the ones I talked to are viewing it as another tournament. A chance to play. Part of their tuition fees.
It’s a good thing.
I agree, kids are excited and all of the talk is how early they will leave school (sorry not sorry) to meet up in DE. It is a fun tourney and even my son's friends who are not participating (let's be real- they all follow each other on IG and TikTok and "know" one another) are excited for them. It is not the kids complaining about any of this nonsense, it is the grown adults complaining and bashing one another. The kids just want to play. Let those competing this weekend and in Charlotte in June have fun playing a sport that brings a whole lot to their lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the tournament.

On age, not on age, I dunno— but I do know that the DMV and Baltimore teams romp all over the NY teams these days in the National All Star Hames, or when St John’s rolls up to St Anthony’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"On age, not on age, I dunno— but I do know that the DMV and Baltimore teams romp all over the NY teams these days in the National All Star Hames, or when St John’s rolls up to St Anthony’s"

Yes, St. Johns beat St. Anthony's (St Johns was AMAZING last year, FACTS).there were other games too that you seem to have left out.

Brunswick 12 Georgetown Prep 7,

Oh yeah, and Brunswick is holdback central so a good comp for the DMV style of play (other Prep schools fall in this category too). The finished #1 in the country on Inside Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder how many kids/parents from holdback teams will be on sidelines watching venom in DE tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"On age, not on age, I dunno— but I do know that the DMV and Baltimore teams romp all over the NY teams these days in the National All Star Hames, or when St John’s rolls up to St Anthony’s"

Yes, St. Johns beat St. Anthony's (St Johns was AMAZING last year, FACTS).there were other games too that you seem to have left out.

Brunswick 12 Georgetown Prep 7,

Oh yeah, and Brunswick is holdback central so a good comp for the DMV style of play (other Prep schools fall in this category too). The finished #1 in the country on Inside Lacrosse.

Welcome back sticky socks !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is True Blue doing in the World Series? Assuming they have a team at this age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some played better than expected. Some played worse than expected. Congrats to all who qualified. Have fun watching venom down south.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some played better than expected. Some played worse than expected. Congrats to all who qualified. Have fun watching venom down south.
Someone made a huge mistake or it was done on purpose.Team seeding was wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the folks in DE this weekend, how would you rank the teams you saw? Here's my take . . .

1. Venom - most balanced team, unselfish offense with great shooters everywhere - clearly the team to beat in Charlotte
2. 2Way - some of the best individual offensive players in DE this weekend - 44, 1, 16, 26 - all are studs, had to face off w pole vs Venom which will hurt
3. BBL - big athletic defense with good fogo will keep games close, but will need to score more to keep up with Venom
4. Eclipse - surprisingly strong performance this weekend - 7 is smooth
5. Freedom - balanced team, good goalie, not sure they have the alphas on offense to beat the better defenders
6. Blue Jays - some good pieces, got stronger as the weekend went on, will likely be a much stronger team in Charlotte as they get to practice together more
7. Express North - similar to BBL with big athletic poles, but they didn't have consistent play on faceoffs, and not as much offensive firepower
8. LIE - a bit of a disappointment not making it to the final four of the North bracket. Skilled and well coached - not sure they have enough elite athletes right now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was wrong with the seeding ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was wrong with the seeding ?

Nothing. Every team has opportunity. At some point you have to beat good teams to qualify

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the folks in DE this weekend, how would you rank the teams you saw? Here's my take . . .

1. Venom - most balanced team, unselfish offense with great shooters everywhere - clearly the team to beat in Charlotte
2. 2Way - some of the best individual offensive players in DE this weekend - 44, 1, 16, 26 - all are studs, had to face off w pole vs Venom which will hurt
3. BBL - big athletic defense with good fogo will keep games close, but will need to score more to keep up with Venom
5. Freedom - balanced team, good goalie, not sure they have the alphas on offense to beat the better defenders
6. Blue Jays - some good pieces, got stronger as the weekend went on, will likely be a much stronger team in Charlotte as they get to practice together more
7. Express North - similar to BBL with big athletic poles, but they didn't have consistent play on faceoffs, and not as much offensive firepower
8. LIE - a bit of a disappointment not making it to the final four of the North bracket. Skilled and well coached - not sure they have enough elite athletes right now

No big arguments here. I think this is a good take. I didn't see the East teams play but saw all of the North teams.
1. Venom was clearly the best. They are so well coached and you can see the kids are 100% bought in. They don't take bad shots and work everything within the system...the most talented and disciplined team.
2. I think Eclipse has a slight edge on 2way but really splitting hairs.
3. Eclipse, 2 Way, Blue Jays, FCA, LI Express (they beat Blue Jays sat, lost sunday) definitely in the next group and very good teams capable of making a run.
4. LI Express North is a tough one to figure out but a rung below those teams IMO. Saw them play 2Way and they could have won that game. In fact they were either tied or leading going into the 4th if memory serves. Basing this ranking on looking at tourney machine. Barely beat Legacy and lost badly to eclipse. Had 2 kids that stood out, LSM and Middie but they seemed to have to do it all.

Either way, was a good weekend of lacrosse and some serious talent on display.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go look at the seeding GS,GA,GD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go look at the seeding GS,GA,GD

Why so cryptic? Tell us what your gripe is. Below are the tie breaker rules as laid out on the LWSC website. Are you saying that the seedings on day 2 did not follow the tie breaker rules below? Or are you stating that the round robin pools were not fair?

Tie Breakers will be as follows,Within Pools: Record, Head to Head, Goals Allowed, Goal Differential, Goals Scored, Coin Flip
Tie Breakers within Divisions: Record, Pool Place, Goals Allowed, Goal Differential, Goals Scored, Coin Flip
Max score differential per game will be capped at 10 goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse was ranked 47 in USCL at the end of last summer. BTB, Rebels, Cavalry, etc were all ranked higher. How did Eclipse make such a big leap? They looked good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North is not above LI express. Not on any given day. They struggled with Legacy who continues to lose by growing margins to good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seeding was taken from the end of year 2022 club season. It wasn't wrong, it's just how it was done. This is also the first time anyone is seeing any of the world series eligible teams so there is no other way to do it. You don't know who has aged out or who plays up with 2027's. Everyone had to beat good teams to qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you look to see who was seeded wrong on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse was ranked 47 in USCL at the end of last summer. BTB, Rebels, Cavalry, etc were all ranked higher. How did Eclipse make such a big leap? They looked good.

These are world series rosters, not the actual club "2028" rosters.

Eclipse has an outstanding attackman who plays with the 27's normally. They also added pieces since last year, as all teams did. Theirs are better! This is a different year with teams changing after tryouts and defections after last summer. As a poster already said above, some kids play up with the 27's or even are 27's and can play in this event because it's age and not grade based.

Eclipse is clearly a VERY different team. I'm sure others are as well.

I was also very impressed with 2WAY. They are one of the few Northeast teams with a slew of holdbacks and they showed very well. They will be tough when the holdbacks get added back to the roster during summer (normal 2028 team vs world series team).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North is not above LI express. Not on any given day. They struggled with Legacy who continues to lose by growing margins to good teams.

Agree. Our coaches think they have talent but they are an all or nothing fast break team. If you slow them down and make them play 6 v 6, the only set they run is to give it to one kid and watch him try to beat 3 defenders. Easy scout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a view of PrimeTime? They seem to have fallen off a cliff. Obviously very good at HS level but the 2028 team is struggling. I don't think they were competitive this weekend and it doesn't add up given the success of the older grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say with certainty many of the on age parents in MD talked about doing a Blue Jays type team last fall.

Actually there were two separate groups that I know of looking to get the on age HoCo kids to play.

But then folks saw the qualifier was the same week as the first week of the HoCo season and couldn’t get enough commitments.

It [Censored] but if it was a week earlier, who knows, things may have materialized. It would have been fun for the boys, my son included.

I will say that even with that, many of MD the on age kids and parents that I know just weren’t excited or motivated to do it. It’s not really a big deal like it is in the north.

Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.

Agreed. Blue Jays are the equivalent of a hypothetical LI All-Stars, NJ All Stars, CT All stars... Not a club team and only put together for this one event.

From the World Series website Rules: "Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted"

Blue Jays is exactly that. A mix of 4leaf, laxachussets, etc. Honestly, let the kids play, they are 13 years old. But to pretend to be a real club is a bit much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.[/quote]

The nitpicking on here is laughable. Everybody rips the Blue Jays but how many teams had ‘27s join them (hello, Machine boys)? How many holdbacks on each team - those ‘fall baby’ kids born before the NY December cutoff? All of these teams were all-star teams of some construct or another and all clubs benefit financially from loading up on players but what about the kids who went down and didn’t play? They watch 8th graders take their spots and they’re supposed to be OK with this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear ya, but defining what qualifies as a team and what doesn't is not as black-and-white as the age rules.

100 mile radius and playing some tourneys together is a good start. Not sure what other rules you would want.

Eclipse brought down some kids from the 27 team, does that mean their WS team is not a "real" team because they haven't all been playing together since 3rd grade?

Several teams added new players since last summer. Should they be eliminated?

It was such a fun weekend and a great experience for the boys. I want more kids to experience it. And I think the Blue Jays and True Md added to the event, didn't subtract from it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honesty 2way should be considered an all star team as well. They brought in kids for their World Series team from Massachusetts, New Jersey and Long Island.

The 100 mile rule works in rural areas but is abused by many teams ie Bluejays and 2way and I’m sure others in no rural areas. Most everything posted by 2way on Instagram is a 2027 from the towermen… pulling in people from other clubs should not be allowed, age appropriate from in organization is much easier to justify in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The nitpicking on here is laughable. Everybody rips the Blue Jays but how many teams had ‘27s join them (hello, Machine boys)? How many holdbacks on each team - those ‘fall baby’ kids born before the NY December cutoff? All of these teams were all-star teams of some construct or another and all clubs benefit financially from loading up on players but what about the kids who went down and didn’t play? They watch 8th graders take their spots and they’re supposed to be OK with this?[/quote]

I don't think anyone is calling out Blue Jays for having 8th graders on the team. This is a U13 tournament, not a grade based tournament. It's actually the only level playing field out there. The knock on Blue Jays is that they aren't an actual club. It is quite literally an all-start team that we will never see again once the world series is over. You won't play them or see them in any tournament after July 4 - that's the actual gripe (albeit a quiet one that nobody is losing any sleep over). Machine might have had a kid who plays 27's play with them but that is within the rules as long as the kid was born after 9/1/09 and actually plays within the 91 Machine program.

It's not nitpicking, those are the actual rules of the World Series.

I am fine with the bluejays playing because why would we deprive a 13 year old from a memorable experience?. However, it does highlight the holdback philosophy of the mass/nh clubs - they can't field a competitive on-age team within their club system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not a team. Also it clearly says no combined teams to make one team. It’s not fair to clubs who play all year around and get beat by their organization that is loaded with holdbacks that you choose to join. Blue jays are true definition of having your cake and eating to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams from the north qualified?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not a team. Also it clearly says no combined teams to make one team. It’s not fair to clubs who play all year around and get beat by their organization that is loaded with holdbacks that you choose to join. Blue jays are true definition of having your cake and eating to.

Will someone please call this LI express dad a whambulance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you look to see who was seeded wrong on Sunday.

Who??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams from the north qualified?

Venom
Eclipse
2Way
Blue Jays
LI Express
Upstate FCA
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Orange Crush
Legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks.

It's actually the opposite of holdbacks - it's kids who play up. What a concept!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will someone please call this LI express dad a whambulance!

I agree, and my kid is on Express. We [Censored] on Sunday and got what we earned. Next time, maybe we get the kids to bed early—just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 on eclipse is a 27, played on that highly competitive team but is age appropriate for u13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 on eclipse is a 27, played on that highly competitive team but is age appropriate for u13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t see semis but Final was streamed live. Eclipse barely had possession. Tough to beat 91 without the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way always has a ton of holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 and 8 from last summer are deep holdbacks, but haven’t even been held back. In 8th grade playing on 7th grade teams last summer. So weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, however even without their older kids that’s a very good and very big team. Although there seems to be some chatter that this wsyl roster has on age kids from several different clubs. Given 2ways past rosters I would think it’s true and they have kids from 99.9 miles away just for this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 and 8 from last summer are deep holdbacks, but haven’t even been held back. In 8th grade playing on 7th grade teams last summer. So weak.

2Way and Leading Edge do this and get away with it repeatedly.

Everyone knows it.

It’s the weakest thing in all of 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows it.

Guess your team didn't qualify. Stop complaining and play the game. Should I complain that some kids in 7th grade are over 6 feet and mine is 5 feet? Who cares! Kids don't care and are not complaining just parents that never made it as an athlete in high school and now trying to live through their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way not even smart enough to change their numbers is the best part about it. Zero effort there 2way. Cheat better.

Seriously though I bet almost all top teams do this.. some like the 2 mentioned above more than others maybe, who knows. Wish there was more integrity out there from parents and programs. Poor examples being set and doing things the right way is more important than winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows it.

Guess your team didn't qualify. Stop complaining and play the game. Should I complain that some kids in 7th grade are over 6 feet and mine is 5 feet? Who cares! Kids don't care and are not complaining just parents that never made it as an athlete in high school and now trying to live through their kids.

Holdback Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will be 15 yr old this Fall when Long Island kids are 13. Ridiculous!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Lacrosse LI?? Any thoughts or info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Reclass your kid and join up. That’s their national model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard True was close to buying an existing LI Club program last year but it fell apart. That's all LI needs is another club program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True blue or true national?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will be 15 yr old this Fall when Long Island kids are 13. Ridiculous!!!

Ridiculous, nope. That's the current system. Wait until the first transgender shows up and starts dominating girls lax. It's coming and then everyone will look back on the reclass discussion as trivial. What is ridiculous is people taking a dead end sport way too seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True National is coming to LI for next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big changes coming to LI Club Lacrosse. A new way of doing business that has a proven record of player development, professionalism and a real family atmosphere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big changes coming to LI Club Lacrosse. A new way of doing business that has a proven record of player development, professionalism and a real family atmosphere.

They are offering clinics for $15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard True was close to buying an existing LI Club program last year but it fell apart. That's all LI needs is another club program.

Check in with Baltimore and DC area parents and see what they think. They’ve been doing that down there for years and from what I hear there are some tales to tell. Cautionary tales but tales just the same. 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are 860 Lacrosse (All 2Way AA Players), Igloo Northmen and Surge in a B tournament with Legacy Dune Dawgs and GSB? You want to brag on social media about winning a tournament. 3 teams that participated in the WS Qualifiers should not be in a B tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are 860 Lacrosse (All 2Way AA Players), Igloo Northmen and Surge in a B tournament with Legacy Dune Dawgs and GSB? You want to brag on social media about winning a tournament. 3 teams that participated in the WS Qualifiers should not be in a B tournament.
Curious about this too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge/Rage/Power etc are all high level B teams. Hence why they’re in this tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge has dropped out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Hi Karen’s, what tournament are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t see Surge listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo northmen and surge are B teams
(Sorry igloo frost is a c team)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is a B team. Where would you like them to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Spring Lax Jam

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
860 Lacrosse is a AA Team
Surge and Northmen are A Teams
Dune Dawgs, Frost and GSB are B Teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 91 Dad
Just an FYI

AA = A
A = B
B = C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Spring Lax Jam

By that logic, igloo frost shouldn’t have went to the qualifier. Also, team 860 is out of Hartford CT, the 2way kids on their roster play for 2way north not the 2way from Greenwich. It’s basically the equivalent to Express east end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious about this too

Spring Lax Jam

By that logic, igloo frost shouldn’t have went to the qualifier. Also, team 860 is out of Hartford CT, the 2way kids on their roster play for 2way north not the 2way from Greenwich. It’s basically the equivalent to Express east end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Northmen should have joined the 2027 bracket if they wanted to play in that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morning-have to say i enjoy reading all these comments. Learning quite a bit about the travel lacrosse world.

Looking for some info-i always hear about 91, Express, Legacy in Suffolk. Have rarely seen 91 play, but I'm aware they're impressive. Is there any part of their team (poles, middles, attack) that is NOT great? Is it the coaching that separates them? Is there any one position that isn't as good as the other?

What about Express? My son has played them several times-I notice a huge number of players, some really skilled. A very good defense. Coaches seem a little nutty.

Legacy seems to have dropped off a bit. Any particular reason why? I know they have some amazing teams in the program and some not so great. Just wondering what the difference is between these 3 and why there is such a gap between 91 and everyone else.
Appreciate everyone's input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morning-have to say i enjoy reading all these comments. Learning quite a bit about the travel lacrosse world.

Looking for some info-i always hear about 91, Express, Legacy in Suffolk. Have rarely seen 91 play, but I'm aware they're impressive. Is there any part of their team (poles, middles, attack) that is NOT great? Is it the coaching that separates them? Is there any one position that isn't as good as the other?

What about Express? My son has played them several times-I notice a huge number of players, some really skilled. A very good defense. Coaches seem a little nutty.

Legacy seems to have dropped off a bit. Any particular reason why? I know they have some amazing teams in the program and some not so great. Just wondering what the difference is between these 3 and why there is such a gap between 91 and everyone else.
Appreciate everyone's input.

Easy to understand concept.

91 has the most depth and more top tier players.
Express has the second most depth and slightly fewer top tier players
Legacy has the third most depth and slightly fewer top tier players.

All three teams have talent and good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do these teams typically retain players year after year? I look at programs in HS, College and pros that have success. Coaches are constant fixtures, the kids don't leave to go to other programs. Do most of these 91 kids typically come up through the program? I know each year you can grab a couple here or there, but for the most part, are these successful programs because kids have been with them since the early grades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do these teams typically retain players year after year? I look at programs in HS, College and pros that have success. Coaches are constant fixtures, the kids don't leave to go to other programs. Do most of these 91 kids typically come up through the program? I know each year you can grab a couple here or there, but for the most part, are these successful programs because kids have been with them since the early grades?

Simple answer is most kids that start at 91/Express try to stay. Each team gets players from other clubs each year. 91 has higher concentration of Dad coaches. Express has many parochial school coaches. Most of the top talent eventually does try to make it to these 2 teams and depending on the age group they flip flop between who is #1 and #2 on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominating performance by the Igloo Northmen in the Spring Lax Jam. Great job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
860 80% Glastonbury CT boys have played together and been coach by same parents In the town program since they where 4 years old. Some boys played for different club teams found there fit. 860 looked to where the best lax spring season is and Long Island was the place to play. Too much politics and opinions let the boys play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? They barely beat Legacy Dune Dawgs. Igloo was outplayed the whole game and that is with them being man up most of it. I expected a lot more from a team that was expecting to qualify for the WS and also considers themselves "AA". What a pathetic post. Congrats on winning a "C" tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Frost GSB game was fun to watch, both teams played physical lacrosse in fool rain. Frost came away with the 1 goal W in a hard fought battle. People always talking AA this B that, really It's just fun to watch our kid's teams with comparable skill and determination duke it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Frost GSB game was fun to watch, both teams played physical lacrosse in fool rain. Frost came away with the 1 goal W in a hard fought battle. People always talking AA this B that, really It's just fun to watch our kid's teams with comparable skill and determination duke it out.

This.
Don’t let the trolls on here interfere with you enjoying watching your son play lacrosse no matter what level or team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? They barely beat Legacy Dune Dawgs. Igloo was outplayed the whole game and that is with them being man up most of it. I expected a lot more from a team that was expecting to qualify for the WS and also considers themselves "AA". What a pathetic post. Congrats on winning a "C" tournament.

Do you realize how demeaning this is to the kids and parents from the teams participating in this tournament?
You are pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
appreciate the insight. at what age/grade would you say is the latest to move teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any age - There are plenty of teams with small rosters that do the right thing by kids and parents. For example a few kids left my sons team last year for “Bigger/Better” programs. Some of those kids start and play while some don’t see the field on their new team.

Biggest thing to avoid at this age are “Daddy” coaches. They will always be bias towards the kids from their town and their own kids. 99% of them never even coached a varsity/JV/ or middle school game. Let alone haven’t played in 25+years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the radius rule in Colorado. Yes, the Kings 2027 team is legit and local. After playing against them in spring an summer they are all great athletes with great sportsmanship as well. They are the true "club" team to make the WS and be competitive.

Then their 2028 WS team took kids from all of Denver, north and south 50 miles, etc. They gained kids from at least three different national clubs to qualify. 50 miles in Colorado opens up the entire metro area and pulls from nearly 4 million of population to make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Long Island games picked by Directors/Coaches or do parents submit applications with videos? Some players that are listed and not listed are shocking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seems like a joke and money grab. Only certain players from certain clubs getting invite. For example a bunch of players from one club got invite and they didn’t even qualify for WS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah seems like a joke and money grab. Only certain players from certain clubs getting invite. For example a bunch of players from one club got invite and they didn’t even qualify for WS!!
There are "B" players on the list. Its a list of kids the FLG guys know or heard of. It's not a true list of the best players at this age group. They don't even have boys teams at that age. They are great for the girls game. Not the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are "B" players on the list. Its a list of kids the FLG guys know or heard of. It's not a true list of the best players at this age group. They don't even have boys teams at that age. They are great for the girls game. Not the boys.
Legacy parents are hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.
As a parent of a 2028 that plays on a good team, I know my son is not on the list nor should he be! But, there are some kids on this list that he saw (B Team players) that he knows he is better than. Hopefully it drives kids to work harder and parents don't get too high and mighty about their little Jimmy making a list of players selected by a group of people who do not follow boys, youth lacrosse. LILJ is awesome at the high school level and promoting JV/Varsity athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.
As a parent of a 2028 that plays on a good team, I know my son is not on the list nor should he be! But, there are some kids on this list that he saw (B Team players) that he knows he is better than. Hopefully it drives kids to work harder and parents don't get too high and mighty about their little Jimmy making a list of players selected by a group of people who do not follow boys, youth lacrosse. LILJ is awesome at the high school level and promoting JV/Varsity athletes.

Top 2028 goalie left off. Utterly Ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy parents are hurt.

Top 2028 goalie left off. Utterly Ridiculous.

Yup - Wave 1 has the starting attack from a team which scored 16 total goals in 5 games and didn't make the WS.
Complete Joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My older guy did it and it’s a complete money grab. Some good players and some not so good players. You pay for the games and the uniform. You are right that some clubs are completely left off the list. I know on the girls side they don’t invite any top guns players. Everyone who did it last year just got an automatic invite for this year. LILJ has tapped into a market for Instagram stars. It’s so every parent can share on Instagram their kid was selected. It’s a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how are the selections made? And by who? Just based on social media presence? I see some very good players that are deserving on the list as well as some players I never heard of. Also, some good players were left off. But back to my original question, who is making these decisions and how are they even seeing these kids play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how are the selections made? And by who? Just based on social media presence? I see some very good players that are deserving on the list as well as some players I never heard of. Also, some good players were left off. But back to my original question, who is making these decisions and how are they even seeing these kids play?

The coaches from the programs they’re from submit who they want. Not age based either. For example a hold back can make the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches from the programs they’re from submit who they want. Not age based either. For example a hold back can make the list.

So a coach is contacted and asked to submit the names of the top players on the team? I find this hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard