BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 327 of 327 1 2 325 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are usually after all other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know where the 2031 teams practice in Nassau and in Suffolk?

A friend of ours on a YJ Nassau team practices at CSH, but do all grades practice there?

We're right on the border of Nass/Suff and debating which team to try out for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

not this year....wonder why the switch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email yellow jackets. They can tell you where teams practice. Generally is where the coaches live or work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because Carol was sick of losing B and C team players to other clubs. it's actually the right move. The best club in the region should have their tryouts first, not last.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question regarding playing time when carrying 2 goalies. Is there an accepted practice like splitting halves of each game for this situation. Would the team tell you in advance or is this something you should ask before accepting role. Middle schooler has been asked by a team to be their 2nd goalie and just reaching out in this thread given the big club and we are in Long Island . Also, do teams put the goalies on scholarship or a reduced rate since only playing a half? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question regarding playing time when carrying 2 goalies. Is there an accepted practice like splitting halves of each game for this situation. Would the team tell you in advance or is this something you should ask before accepting role. Middle schooler has been asked by a team to be their 2nd goalie and just reaching out in this thread given the big club and we are in Long Island . Also, do teams put the goalies on scholarship or a reduced rate since only playing a half? Thank you.

Goalies generally pay full freight at top levels. Some reductions and B and C level clubs who have trouble attracting goalies,

You should ask about playing time before accepting role. At most top clubs, the second goalie plays, but PT is far from even. A few clubs where the goalies are close it may end up being an even split during pool play. If you are being invites as the "2nd" goalie, I would expect no more than 20-25% playing time tops.

During recruiting years (sophomore), most top clubs will play the 2nd goalie more. And then PT will usually be planned way in advance so players can communicate to coaches which half they will be playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were to leave YJ could you come back in the future? Or are you like black listed from ever returning?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were to leave YJ could you come back in the future? Or are you like black listed from ever returning?

If you leave a B or C team, I've seen girls come back if they can make the A team.

if you leave the A team, you are dead to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know where the 2031 teams practice in Nassau and in Suffolk?

A friend of ours on a YJ Nassau team practices at CSH, but do all grades practice there?

We're right on the border of Nass/Suff and debating which team to try out for.

Try out for both and see which is a better fit with coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you leave a B or C team, I've seen girls come back if they can make the A team.

I wonder if you are on A but do not play could you leave, get better with playing time elsewhere and come back in the future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if you are on A but do not play could you leave, get better with playing time elsewhere and come back in the future

Gotta do what’s best for your kid…No playing time is not getting her better. Think Top Guns is just as good. have you seen the U20 USA lax women’s invite list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta do what’s best for your kid…No playing time is not getting her better. Think Top Guns is just as good. have you seen the U20 USA lax women’s invite list?

Not sure what that is supposed to mean….pretty sure there are quite a few TG girls on that list. At least six I know of. As for top LI players, pretty much only TG and YJ have several girls on the elite senior All America and U20/U18. I think one Jester. Go where your daughter gets lots of playing time, and is valued. Where the parents are not only about their own daughter. Lots of toxicity out there in many teams from all organizations. As for coming back, yes you can come back if your daughter is a good player. I know of several who flopped around a bit to find the right fit. Some left YJ and went back, some left an did not. I’m talking about top players.Don’t focus on the club name. Focus on the right fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalies generally pay full freight at top levels. Some reductions and B and C level clubs who have trouble attracting goalies,

You should ask about playing time before accepting role. At most top clubs, the second goalie plays, but PT is far from even. A few clubs where the goalies are close it may end up being an even split during pool play. If you are being invites as the "2nd" goalie, I would expect no more than 20-25% playing time tops.

During recruiting years (sophomore), most top clubs will play the 2nd goalie more. And then PT will usually be planned way in advance so players can communicate to coaches which half they will be playing.

This isn't like hockey where goalies typically only paid 1/3 to 1/2. Goalies at top teams on Long Island and Maryland normally paid the same as anyone else. In other parts of the country, it varies. I have a niece who plays goalie for the top team in Illinois. She pays $1750 while the rest of the team pays $5k.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Still dead to them. Their perspective is "why would anyone leave the best team in the country?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are sick of losing girls from their B team to Legacy and Jesters and Nassau girls to Liberty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone contacted CR about any issues you have had? Does she actually listen or blows you off ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a general email contact for yellowjackets? Their website gives absolutely zero contact info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She pretends to care, but really doesn’t care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 coaches have been posted on YJ website. Assuming rosters to follow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone contacted CR about any issues you have had? Does she actually listen or blows you off ?

Depends what team and your kids

Not sure your daughters age but In my opinion, better to be on a different team and get playing time ranked in the top 25 - 30 then be on the number two team and get none. My daughter was on a top 30 team and left for a top 5 team. She played on the top 5 team and there was 30-50 coaches at every game. Parents from the other team said 15-30 coaches a game. If my daughter wasn’t playing on her current team, it would have been a waste. But like I said it’s just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont think CR does much listening or blowing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all agree for a minute that Long Island Lax takes itself way too seriously? I have a 9 year old girl who cannot make any of these teams (she is a fine player, not a star by any means, but she more than holds her own on her PAL summer lacrosse team), but she's willing to learn. She goes to these two hour tryouts where there are 80 kids for 25-30 spots and has no chance.

At this age, lacrosse should be focused on opportunity and learning to love the game, unlike all of these organizations who get off on the exclusivity of their programs. It's really embarrassing when you take a step back and look at it. Be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all agree for a minute that Long Island Lax takes itself way too seriously? I have a 9 year old girl who cannot make any of these teams (she is a fine player, not a star by any means, but she more than holds her own on her PAL summer lacrosse team), but she's willing to learn. She goes to these two hour tryouts where there are 80 kids for 25-30 spots and has no chance.

At this age, lacrosse should be focused on opportunity and learning to love the game, unlike all of these organizations who get off on the exclusivity of their programs. It's really embarrassing when you take a step back and look at it. Be better.

My guy, agree with you wholeheartedly. I live in Garden city (1st gen and no family ties to the town) and these parents pretty much give a lax stick to these kids straight out of the womb. You should hear some of these people at our K-1 GC lax clinics. You would think they are playing for Olympic gold. bananas! Unfortunately, I think it’s pretty much adapt or play something else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its tough especially at this age, if you don't have lax parents.

The one thing I would say, though, is to focus on speed, strength and athleticism. In 3-6th grade, the kids with the best stick skills stand out. Once you get to 8th or 9th grade, the most athletic kids stand out.

I can name dozens of kids who were stars at 3rd-6th grade, but get passed and ultimately cut/demoted in late middle school to kid who are better athletes and have put in the work in the weight room, speed training, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol won't give you the time of day unless play for or will play for Northport.

Alexis C does seem to care. She has been helpful in the past when there were some bullying issues on a YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see what you did there! Kudos! LOL golf clap from the gallery!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw there was a YJ tryout in nassau scheduled. Not sure if it was for a Nassau team, was just held in Nassau, or both. Does anyone know how it went?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw there was a YJ tryout in nassau scheduled. Not sure if it was for a Nassau team, was just held in Nassau, or both. Does anyone know how it went?
Both. Results came out already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are results posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guy, agree with you wholeheartedly. I live in Garden city (1st gen and no family ties to the town) and these parents pretty much give a lax stick to these kids straight out of the womb. You should hear some of these people at our K-1 GC lax clinics. You would think they are playing for Olympic gold. bananas! Unfortunately, I think it’s pretty much adapt or play something else.

True. But hat is why Long Island is one of the hotbeds for lacrosse. Because of that insanity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they picked up a couple of girls.Good middies.Strong lefty attack.Didn’t see any goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you tell me where results were posted. I don’t see it on the YJ rosters or anywhere. Says “coming soon!!”

When were they posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you tell me where results were posted. I don’t see it on the YJ rosters or anywhere. Says “coming soon!!”

When were they posted?

not posted anywhere

emails have gone out to those selected with a deadline to accept

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they picked up a couple of girls.Good middies.Strong lefty attack.Didn’t see any goalies.

who are they? what year are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau 27

Like Reply Quote
Page 327 of 327 1 2 325 326 327