BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now is the time for most to start being or looking to get on a top club. Dont listen to naysayers. Now is the time to start training for MIAA HS and beyond.

Get some extra training too. and NOW . Think about holding back if you arent already a prefirst or heldback . Dont listen to negative comments about holding back. Boys born after Jan and on age should be seriously considered for this if you are thinking D1. You have very little chance play as starter on top club and get recruited to D1 without holding back.

You will thank me later for this sage advice.

Everyone knows I am right. Give me facts, not emotion if you think differently. Time is a wastin

Actual advice:
1) Get your son on the best club team, he can make, where he will actually see reps, ASAP.
2) Get extra training and make sure it's not lame. At this age it should be about form, basic IQ, and footwork, agility, and speed. That's it.
3) Don't yell at him when he is playing. Even if you played, he will probably be better than you ever were. Your yelling makes him detest the game.

Truth bombs:
1) Getting your son on an elite team will not keep him on that elite team when it matters in HS.
2) The lies about "We don't cut existing players" and "We develop players here" are just that - outright lies. Your 2031 elite team is just a money maker, and the players are just placeholders until a double holdback from TX, CA, or FL magically shows up at a tournament.
3) Yes, statistically speaking, if you think your son is going to start on an elite club HS team or elite HS team, he will need to be held back. Ask a parent of a 2028 or 2027 about that this year. They'll tell you what they are seeing.
4) Half of athletes quit sports by age 12, and another half quit by age 15. Conduct your "angry drive home after the game" talks accordingly. Current 8th graders who played for FCA, 91, Hawks, etc in 4th grade have quit the sport entirely already.

Use from Both and your chances are better than most. Obviously he must have some ability too. No matter what ability, Hold him back.
Exactly right. If your son can’t legally drink by the time he’s a college freshman, you’re a complete beta dad. Just ask the new england clubs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids that went to ML were all big contributors that played a ton, so were a bunch of the kids initially to NL. All those kids now play a ton on their new teams.
So your sarcastic comment was unfortunately right on point.
200 IQ move to get off the ship before it sinks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - Which programs play/ practice all year round here? And if so what do they offer? Thnx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level and Madlax play year round.
Spring: HoCo Travel League (Mar-May)
Summer: Tournaments (Jun-July)
Fall: Practices and Tournaments (Sep-Nov)
Winter: NL indoor at TSJ, ML box at Dulles (Dec-Feb)

BLC and VLC both have similar offerings, but haven't had first hand experience. Hawks & Crabs are also full year programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level and Madlax play year round.
Spring: HoCo Travel League (Mar-May)
Summer: Tournaments (Jun-July)
Fall: Practices and Tournaments (Sep-Nov)
Winter: NL indoor at TSJ, ML box at Dulles (Dec-Feb)

BLC and VLC both have similar offerings, but haven't had first hand experience. Hawks & Crabs are also full year programs.

Thank you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are in the TSJ and Dulles leagues?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TSJ only has 2 clubs (VLC & TSJ), and 3 rec teams (ALC, Fort Hunt, & Vienna). Likely a VLC vs. Vienna battle.

Dulles is mostly Madlax kids, with a sprinkling of different club helmets and white helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Crabs going to play elite this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Crabs going to play elite this year?
I think if they play elite and if they’re play in elite division are two separate questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost to Wolfpack B team indoor? #yikes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost to Wolfpack B team indoor? #yikes

Crabs are looking to reboot the 2029 (folded), 2030 and 2031 team, likely with a group acquisition of coaches and key players from FCA or 91. The brand is pretty well mangled at those younger ages - the young Crabs teams at 2021-2028 were very talented. 2029 was a coaching/staffing disaster and it trickled down to lack of confidence in the club for 2030 and 2031.

Team 91, FCA, and lately, Predators have been successful in this model of "hire the coach and tell him to bring his 8-10 favorite kids" so if you're playing for Crabs already, you will likely have a new coach who has his own favorite players in July. And in about 2 years, the steady trickle of holdbacks will enter the roster, mostly from BL. Welcome to club lax! #hitthewall #holdemback

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of quiet in here, are any tournament schedules released for the spring summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level preseason tournament is March 12. NAL is June 10 & 11. Other than those I have no idea. Trying to survive basketball season over here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....
well this just got interesting...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well this just got interesting...

Looks like HS is still grade based as the age limits are only through the 27 class. Makes sense imho. If you can hang in HS on varsity then club isn't any different. However, this may deter holdbacks before 9th grade now. Which is a good thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dates are still very generous . . . all of those summer birthdays that wouldn't qualify for the World Series ARE eligible for Crabfeast. It's a start though. The big question is how well will it be enforced. Posting something on IG is easy. The logistics of checking rosters before games during the tourney is not as easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of our 2031 team from NY would be too young to participate. Our birthdays span from 12/2012 - 11/2013. This is a great start but still seems off for 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dates are still very generous . . . all of those summer birthdays that wouldn't qualify for the World Series ARE eligible for Crabfeast. It's a start though. The big question is how well will it be enforced. Posting something on IG is easy. The logistics of checking rosters before games during the tourney is not as easy.

They make no sense as they favor a late spring early summer birthday and penalize kids who started school on time by having them play down. Essentially making them a hold back. The his age alignment encourages you to hold back your kid if they were born in May June July August.

There is zero logic to using May 1. Either go sept 1 to align with school year or go birth year. The kids “trapped” in 8th grade now are the kids who actually started school on time.

If I had to guess Crabfeast did this on their own as a compromise for late spring early summer hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the maximum ages allowed. You don’t have to down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They make no sense as they favor a late spring early summer birthday and penalize kids who started school on time by having them play down. Essentially making them a hold back. The his age alignment encourages you to hold back your kid if they were born in May June July August.

There is zero logic to using May 1. Either go sept 1 to align with school year or go birth year. The kids “trapped” in 8th grade now are the kids who actually started school on time.

If I had to guess Crabfeast did this on their own as a compromise for late spring early summer hold backs.

So many on BOTC have been complaining about the safety against playing kids 3 years older. Referencing that their child commonly played against kids 2-3 yrs older in tournaments and it wasn't safe.

This eliminates that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many on BOTC have been complaining about the safety against playing kids 3 years older. Referencing that their child commonly played against kids 2-3 yrs older in tournaments and it wasn't safe.

This eliminates that.
And that's a win in my book

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. The original article did say they would go with a 16 month window.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Crabs
LTLC
Madlax
Next Level
Wolfpack
Zingos

Interesting to say the least…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC and Hornets moving down is not a surprise, great to see LTLC & Zingos move up. How is the 91 team?

Hawks, Crabs, Madlax, Next Level, and Wolfpack all have quality teams. Should make for a very competitive spring if these are the teams.

Disappointed VLC did not move up to the top division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and NL will be battling it out for the top spot. NL 3rd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC finished the regular season 5-2 last year and played well, did they drop down to AA or are they just not fielding at team at 31 this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC finished the regular season 5-2 last year and played well, did they drop down to AA or are they just not fielding at team at 31 this year?

I would look at the poster's list of elite teams as common sense conjecture, not fact.

I highly doubt LTLC or Zingoes move up.

91 coaches at every age group are told to push as aggressively towards elite as possible, because even if you lose every game, you start recruiting "elite" kids from other teams at that point. The point of 91's youth teams is to raise money, as most of the local players not hand-picked by Millon (ie the 2023 and 2025 teams), are jettisoned before 8th and 9th grade in favor of large, speedy holdbacks who live between DC and Long Island. Nothing wrong with any of this, but don't say you weren't warned to be skeptical of the "we develop elite players" sales pitch. Whether it's 91 or any other elite team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would look at the poster's list of elite teams as common sense conjecture, not fact.

91 coaches at every age group are told to push as aggressively towards elite as possible, because even if you lose every game, you start recruiting "elite" kids from other teams at that point. The point of 91's youth teams is to raise money, as most of the local players not hand-picked by Millon (ie the 2023 and 2025 teams), are jettisoned before 8th and 9th grade in favor of large, speedy holdbacks who live between DC and Long Island. Nothing wrong with any of this, but don't say you weren't warned to be skeptical of the "we develop elite players" sales pitch. Whether it's 91 or any other elite team.

Sorry your son was not selected to play on 91.

Hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like you forgot the team that won hoco last year and only got better with the BLC adds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume it was so supposed to say Hawks and ML will be battling it out for top spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of those teams may protest being placed in elite but that’s the elite division.

BLC 31s basically folded. I spoke with the coach at the PLL semis in DC. Half the kids wants to ML and half went to next NL.

The ? with Hawks and ML is whether the new age rules will force #97H and #10ML to play on 30s. I don’t know their dates of birth but do know they were both 10 last spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the BLC disintegration, it’s probably ML and NL top tier with Hawks, Wolfpack, and crabs next tier. 91 is a new 2031 squad afaik and LTLC and zingos were the top AA teams last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of those teams may protest being placed in elite but that’s the elite division.

BLC 31s basically folded. I spoke with the coach at the PLL semis in DC. Half the kids wants to ML and half went to next NL.

The ? with Hawks and ML is whether the new age rules will force #97H and #10ML to play on 30s. I don’t know their dates of birth but do know they were both 10 last spring.

This post has become tiresome, the ML player in question just turned 10. I guess that means your dear Thad/Chad/Preston lied to you, or you made it up to feel better. If the Crabs age limit were adopted by HoCo, which is a big IF, and zero indications that it will occur, than ML would lose, wait for it, NO KIDS. The entire roster is good for multiple months past the proposed Crabfest date. They actually could add a couple current 2030s if those dates ever become official.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hilarious that you think #10 is a holdback. bring on age based teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well we’re not going to decide it here and it doesn’t matter; no excuses. But last season the boy, whose name begins with a B, told my son that he was 10. ML is really good with or without him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL smoked the Hawks in a tournament this Fall. Not sure what was going on because it wasn't even close. If that Hawks team from the Fall is the one that shows up for HoCo, they will have a tough go at the top tier teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw this infamous #10 ML kid playing in a soccer tournament and he was on a U11 (5th grade) team. Maybe he's just really good at soccer and plays up a year, but soccer goes by age and not grad year, so if he was actually 10 during last Spring's lax season, it would make sense that he plays U11 soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So comical that you guys are still talking about #10 and that you know what he looks like to recognize him at soccer tournament. That’s just weird and creepy.
Look at madlax 31 insta page, he isn’t old. Oh never mind it’s prob a fake post to throw you off.
Better spend these next few weeks coming up with new reasons why your boy can’t beat madlax this spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
re #10 and the soccer tourney. The utterly weird poster clearly doesn't understand how birth year works. If a kid was born in December of 2012 he would/could be assigned to a team with kids born all the way back to January of 2012.....who would indeed be in the grade above. Thus, a Dec birthday would literally be the least advantageous month to be born in given the rules. Bafflingly daft point to make.

Seems like NL is upset #10 left for ML a few years ago and is using this thread to bash a 4th grader. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard