BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Re: Boys 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man I hope these kids don’t turn out to be anything like their parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
s2s has been "hanging in there " for years ....same results different year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this about s2s...they never shy away from the top teams . That being said , they never finish at the top of any tournaments with the top teams in them . Always still a few players away from being a great team that can win on the big stage .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like S2S hung with everyone except maybe ADVNC. And ADVNC was probably the only top 10 team in the 2027 division. Kings, Texas Nationals and Nation United are solid top 20-ish teams in attendance. I don't know what S2S expectations were, but seems like a decent outing.

I guess the bar is very low at s2s "hung with everyone ".... congratulations

Not every program can be top 10 caliber, and I don't recall anyone from S2S claiming to be the best. Like many other LI teams touted on here, they can compete with the best programs.

And other than Laxachussets and maybe LI Express this year, no NE team can beat the best programs in PA, MD, TX, CO and CA anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Untrue. S2S will be just fine with their ridiculous additions in off season!!! Just watch.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Untrue. S2S will be just fine with their ridiculous additions in off season!!! Just watch.

We did just watch ....and the results were not good . Can only beat mediocre teams just like every year . A lot of talkers at s2s both players and parents but unfortunately that doesn't convert to anything special on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No you are an insta gratification baby. He/She must be a know-it-all millennial. Go figure!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post Lax Truths!

Unsanctioned club tournaments don't need to follow any USA Lacrosse age recommended guidelines. If the NLFs, Adrenalines, NALs and other higher-level tournaments want to follow age verification, those tournaments will quickly become irrelevant for the top programs around the country that accept reclasses. These programs will seek to play in non-age verified tournaments (Naptown will never change) and a new set of power tournaments will emerge. It starts at the top and the top of the food chain is the NCAA. The NCAA will need put in say a 19-year-old max freshman enrollment age for all sports and then let the reclassing take place in college. Similar to taking a red shirt year which many freshmen already do. Until that day comes, the top 2027s and younger age group players will be playing with reclasses going forward whether you like it or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post Lax Truths!

Unsanctioned club tournaments don't need to follow any USA Lacrosse age recommended guidelines. If the NLFs, Adrenalines, NALs and other higher-level tournaments want to follow age verification, those tournaments will quickly become irrelevant for the top programs around the country that accept reclasses. These programs will seek to play in non-age verified tournaments (Naptown will never change) and a new set of power tournaments will emerge. It starts at the top and the top of the food chain is the NCAA. The NCAA will need put in say a 19-year-old max freshman enrollment age for all sports and then let the reclassing take place in college. Similar to taking a red shirt year which many freshmen already do. Until that day comes, the top 2027s and younger age group players will be playing with reclasses going forward whether you like it or not.

There’s nothing you can do to stop it so don’t try.
Holdback Dad has spoken!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#realstudsdontreclass

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post Lax Truths!

There’s nothing you can do to stop it so don’t try.
Holdback Dad has spoken!

Just stop calling it 2027s already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OR more likely many tournaments will thrive with age verification. Parents and kids will love it. The reclass kids can have their own tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OR more likely many tournaments will thrive with age verification. Parents and kids will love it. The reclass kids can have their own tournaments.

These boys are going into high school. Who cares about holdbacks anymore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF will be interesting. Last year was " on grade " . I wonder is this season it will be " on age". There will be some very unhappy campers if that's the case . Holdbacks/reclasses back with the teams they weren't playing on for that tournament is they go age based

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF will be interesting. Last year was " on grade " . I wonder is this season it will be " on age". There will be some very unhappy campers if that's the case . Holdbacks/reclasses back with the teams they weren't playing on for that tournament is they go age based

detest to keep asking the question but it’s almost March. Has the NLF said anything about the decision on “age” that was supposed to be out by end of January? I don’t think they have which means this is not getting resolved anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to keep asking the question but it’s almost March. Has the NLF said anything about the decision on “age” that was supposed to be out by end of January? I don’t think they have which means this is not getting resolved anytime soon.

I’d think all the NLF clubs would have to agree. No way Laxachusetts agrees to on age anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These boys are going into high school. Who cares about holdbacks anymore?

Still in junior high hold back dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d think all the NLF clubs would have to agree. No way Laxachusetts agrees to on age anything.

It’s not going to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team that really wants it is 91LI and maybe LI Express. No other NLF teams and associate members are interested in on age. Only compromise you may see is an 18-24 month window, eliminating the double holdback/reclass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team that really wants it is 91LI and maybe LI Express. No other NLF teams and associate members are interested in on age. Only compromise you may see is an 18-24 month window, eliminating the double holdback/reclass.

LI Express has 6 holdback/reclass on their 2027 team ....I don't think they want either lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why people are spending so much time on this. It was never going to happen, especially at the high school level. If 91LI wants it so badly, they should start their own tournament. I’m not sure who’d be in it, but they could try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well.....91 successed last season when they forced NLF to be garage based . We shall see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why people are spending so much time on this. It was never going to happen, especially at the high school level. If 91LI wants it so badly, they should start their own tournament. I’m not sure who’d be in it, but they could try.

If you don’t know why then you are either a holdback Dad, not too bright or both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don’t know why then you are either a holdback Dad, not too bright or both.

I’m not a holdback dad and you’re the one not too bright. They’re going into high school so they’re going to play against older kids. Get used to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not a holdback dad and you’re the one not too bright. They’re going into high school so they’re going to play against older kids. Get used to it.

Everyone acts like there’s no JV team in High School. Yes kids will play 2 of their 4 years against kids a year older than them in High School. Against a holdback they are playing a kid 2 years older. The holdback player never plays anyone older than him throughout all 4 years. You’re ok with cheating and that’s fine. Good luck teaching your kid morals when you have none yourself. You can’t reason with people that believe the ends always justify the means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone acts like there’s no JV team in High School. Yes kids will play 2 of their 4 years against kids a year older than them in High School. Against a holdback they are playing a kid 2 years older. The holdback player never plays anyone older than him throughout all 4 years. You’re ok with cheating and that’s fine. Good luck teaching your kid morals when you have none yourself. You can’t reason with people that believe the ends always justify the means.

This post caught my eye. My son is an undersized on age 2024. Always been very undersized and still is today. His first few years of lacrosse, I played him up a year. Then brought him down to on age where he’s been ever since. Never ever considered holding him back. My moral compass simply would not allow it. And I’m appalled at people that do it. But there were huge benefits that I learned from the experience. I raised a hard nosed competitor, willing and eager to compete to be his best. And in fact the best. No quitting. No going the warm and fuzzy way of going the easiest possible route. No daddy buying him playing time against younger, weaker, smaller and slower opponents. My boy set his goals early on and EARNED what he got through a relentless work ethic and unwavering determination. This work ethic carried over to the classroom.

How did it turn out?? He soared past every single holdback as an undersized on age player throughout his youth career and was rewarded during college recruiting as a prized recruit. He committed to his dream school shortly after 9/1, which is both an elite level institution and lacrosse program. And maybe best of all, he got a deal where I won’t be paying a dime for college (and zero loans).

I have realized in so many ways that not holding him back gave my son life lessons that will serve him the rest of his life. Work ethic. Determination. Goal setting and achievement. Over all odds. Powerful life lessons to be sure. Kid simply put is a big time winner, which is in large part due to not holding him back. Holdback parents think they are helping their children by holding them back. Giving their kids an unfair advantage. However, in the big picture, they are hurting their children in sooooo many different ways.

All you parents of on age athletes. Stay the course knowing you are not only doing “the right thing” but also what is truely in your sons best interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post caught my eye. My son is an undersized on age 2024. Always been very undersized and still is today. His first few years of lacrosse, I played him up a year. Then brought him down to on age where he’s been ever since. Never ever considered holding him back. My moral compass simply would not allow it. And I’m appalled at people that do it. But there were huge benefits that I learned from the experience. I raised a hard nosed competitor, willing and eager to compete to be his best. And in fact the best. No quitting. No going the warm and fuzzy way of going the easiest possible route. No daddy buying him playing time against younger, weaker, smaller and slower opponents. My boy set his goals early on and EARNED what he got through a relentless work ethic and unwavering determination. This work ethic carried over to the classroom.

How did it turn out?? He soared past every single holdback as an undersized on age player throughout his youth career and was rewarded during college recruiting as a prized recruit. He committed to his dream school shortly after 9/1, which is both an elite level institution and lacrosse program. And maybe best of all, he got a deal where I won’t be paying a dime for college (and zero loans).

I have realized in so many ways that not holding him back gave my son life lessons that will serve him the rest of his life. Work ethic. Determination. Goal setting and achievement. Over all odds. Powerful life lessons to be sure. Kid simply put is a big time winner, which is in large part due to not holding him back. Holdback parents think they are helping their children by holding them back. Giving their kids an unfair advantage. However, in the big picture, they are hurting their children in sooooo many different ways.

All you parents of on age athletes. Stay the course knowing you are not only doing “the right thing” but also what is truely in your sons best interest.

No he wasn't and no he isn't. Put your name on it if this is the shining example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you sound like a sideline laxer Dad. Glad I do not have to be around you in real life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you sound like a sideline laxer Dad. Glad I do not have to be around you in real life.
Fella, my sons best interest is to put him in the best situation possible. No morals required and no worries about judgement. Lacrosse is paying his way so judge away. If he took your kids spot too bad! We "cheated" with the help of all his teachers and coaches. Woo hoo! #reclassingbestdecisionever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#realstufsdontreclass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feel sorry for you, Mr Eagle Scout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really have to laugh at anything that [Censored] and the winkoffs put out for boys ...just saw an " invite only " list of players for all long island games with kids that were literally cut from certain clubs because they were 7th on the attack depth chart but somehow are " top players " of long island ? Hahaha ....can even make this stuff up . Saw another kid as a roo ssdm who should be on a B team thaya how and he is . Winks , please stick to girls lacrosse, you're embarrassing yourselves. Even worse are the parents paying these fools to be part of a pretend all star team . What a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed ....can the winkoffs stay out of boys lacrosse that they know nothing about ? Let me hear which "tournaments" they went to in order to " evaluate " the " selections " made for their All LI games ....seriously . There are kids that were " invited " that got cut off if 3 travel teams and some are B team players yet they were evaluated by the winkoffs who by the way dont go to any boy tournaments and they hand select the All LI team ? Hahahaha.....anyone who knows the 2027 class will look at the selections and know that there are kids on there that don't even play on their respective clubs . Sham

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the 2024 poster the best players are still playing up all the way to college.All my sons played up the whole way.Coaches are not dopes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winkoff should just be straight w people..sign up for their box leagues, college recruiting events, etc. and they will declare you a "Wave 1" top player in Long Island. One of the best scams/money grabs in the game!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls side they have flg players from teams that are B teams ranked 80 plus. The girls side is just as ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the long island lacrosse showcase with tryouts etc in Nassau and Suffolk? Useless money grab? . Not bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winkoff should just be straight w people..sign up for their box leagues, college recruiting events, etc. and they will declare you a "Wave 1" top player in Long Island. One of the best scams/money grabs in the game!!

Everything the winkoffs touch turns to [Censored] . Give it up already . Your lists are ridiculous and everyone knows it . You can't fool people when they know all of the players for each respective year .There are too players not in their lists and horrible players making it because they know the winkoffs or a coach that knows the winkoffs . They claim to go to tournaments to evaluate players but no one has seen them anywhere near a boys tournament. Apparently people have made the list with an email or even a posted comment about themselves. It's ridiculous all around .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post Lax Truths!

It will only benefit to sport to get everyone on the same age. The club and college game will not suffer and by keeping everything age based, it will only serve to draw more players into the sport. The sport would benefit from having a solid "middle class" as opposed to the very top heavy with everyone else being also-rans at the club and college level which is limiting the growth of the sport

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard