BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 246 of 264 1 2 244 245 246 247 248 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

How does Inside Lacrosse assign stars to the player?

It represents a combination of Ty Xanders personal opinion and natural bias toward MD prep kids, and the frequency in which he sees a particular player. If he doesn’t see/evaluate a player, player has no shot at making his rankings (obviously). He doesn’t get to any LI games unless it’s playoff games. If your kid gets to a playoff game or two, that could be huge, if he does well. Conversely, Ty goes to a lot of MD prep games and know the landscape they’re intimately, which gives those players a huge leg up on anyone outside of MD. Hey. It’s lacrosse. Nothing is fair and equitable. Absolutely nothing.

Ty saw my kid once and gave him a very high Eval rating that he very rarely gives out. Based on only that score, he should be a 5 star, comparatively speaking. But he never saw my son play again. So he gave him an unranked 4 stars. That how it works. Not really that big of a deal when all said and done. My son got a great offer from a great school and program, since any self respecting college coach will do their own evaluations. That said, a higher ranking would definitely had a big impact. Moral of the story: Does the IL ranking matter to college coaches? Most definitely. But it’s also not the end all, either. Coaches will do their due diligence. Having the NLF rankings definitely helps to give an additional perspective on the players. And the NLF doesn’t have the MD bias that Ty has.

NLF has a Matt Chandick bias and you need to put money in his pocket to get ranked.

Stop the BS. There is no ideal algorithm here. It’s not science. It’s opinion which is based only on the players that are evaluated and how many times they have been evaluated. Xanders lives in MD and is an x-prep school kid, so he spends more time in MD than outside MD. Prob like prep school kids since he was one. Chandiks is more tied to the northeast,!lives in the NE, so spends more time with NE teams. If your kid lives in the NE, it’s more likely that he will be seen far more by Chandik than Xander. Based on that, he should get a more fair/accurate Eval by Chandik, than Xander. Of course, that’s based on the assumption that both Chandik and Xander are equally competent evaluators. Rankings aren’t perfect. No where close. They just give a basic framework of talent, but even that isn’t accurate. After sayin all that, one might assume that, if they aren’t at all accurate, then they can’t be too important. Unfortunately, that’s false. While rankings aren’t the end-all, and coaches will usually do their own due diligence on their recruits, these rankings are hugely important in the recruiting process, from my experience. They very literally mean big scholarship bucks and admission to elite schools. Yes, they create huge demand for top players which equals big time opportunities, scholarship and NIL dollars and the potential of long term high paying employment after graduation.

Agreed with most but one "assumption that both Chandik and Xander are equally competent evaluators" to much weights on these two shoulders.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if a player is not ranked for whatever reason, is it still possible to get recruited by a top school should he or she be good enough? lets be honest here , many many many of these kids that get ranked are not the end all be ALL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

It represents a combination of Ty Xanders personal opinion and natural bias toward MD prep kids, and the frequency in which he sees a particular player. If he doesn’t see/evaluate a player, player has no shot at making his rankings (obviously). He doesn’t get to any LI games unless it’s playoff games. If your kid gets to a playoff game or two, that could be huge, if he does well. Conversely, Ty goes to a lot of MD prep games and know the landscape they’re intimately, which gives those players a huge leg up on anyone outside of MD. Hey. It’s lacrosse. Nothing is fair and equitable. Absolutely nothing.

Ty saw my kid once and gave him a very high Eval rating that he very rarely gives out. Based on only that score, he should be a 5 star, comparatively speaking. But he never saw my son play again. So he gave him an unranked 4 stars. That how it works. Not really that big of a deal when all said and done. My son got a great offer from a great school and program, since any self respecting college coach will do their own evaluations. That said, a higher ranking would definitely had a big impact. Moral of the story: Does the IL ranking matter to college coaches? Most definitely. But it’s also not the end all, either. Coaches will do their due diligence. Having the NLF rankings definitely helps to give an additional perspective on the players. And the NLF doesn’t have the MD bias that Ty has.

NLF has a Matt Chandick bias and you need to put money in his pocket to get ranked.

Stop the BS. There is no ideal algorithm here. It’s not science. It’s opinion which is based only on the players that are evaluated and how many times they have been evaluated. Xanders lives in MD and is an x-prep school kid, so he spends more time in MD than outside MD. Prob like prep school kids since he was one. Chandiks is more tied to the northeast,!lives in the NE, so spends more time with NE teams. If your kid lives in the NE, it’s more likely that he will be seen far more by Chandik than Xander. Based on that, he should get a more fair/accurate Eval by Chandik, than Xander. Of course, that’s based on the assumption that both Chandik and Xander are equally competent evaluators. Rankings aren’t perfect. No where close. They just give a basic framework of talent, but even that isn’t accurate. After sayin all that, one might assume that, if they aren’t at all accurate, then they can’t be too important. Unfortunately, that’s false. While rankings aren’t the end-all, and coaches will usually do their own due diligence on their recruits, these rankings are hugely important in the recruiting process, from my experience. They very literally mean big scholarship bucks and admission to elite schools. Yes, they create huge demand for top players which equals big time opportunities, scholarship and NIL dollars and the potential of long term high paying employment after graduation.

Agreed with most but one "assumption that both Chandik and Xander are equally competent evaluators" to much weights on these two shoulders.

You guys are getting lacrosse confused with a big 4 sport like football . NIL dollars ? High paying jobs after school ? Hahaha....delusional . I will tell you first hand that a friend of mine helped a kid from the town he lives in get an interview after school, kid graduated from a too D1 school. Didn't make it last the first round of interviews because when they asked him what he did in school he said " I played lacrosse'....bye, bye . Next is what they said . Lacrosse is doing nothing for a kid after school so stop the nonsense. And NIL money lol.....the sport probably costs D1 schools more money than it takes in . You're forgetting that they can't even pack half of a stadium even on the professional level so NIL money? Give me a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree, NIL money is a pipe dream. You will be lucky to get a few free heads/sticks with any NIL deal. If you really want to help your kid out, make sure they get good grades. My 2023 had a great full tuition offer at a top 20 school, with a combination of academic and athletic aid. The academic award was 16K more than the athletic, leaving us with room/board to cover. More than anything else, kids with good grades (+3.5 GPA) will be the real winners.
We have all spent boatloads of $$$ on our kids travel teams, don’t fool yourself that this is more than an end game of playing 4 years in college while getting a good deal to attend a decent university. As much as I love the sport, Nobody is getting rich playing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are getting lacrosse confused with a big 4 sport like football . NIL dollars ? High paying jobs after school ? Hahaha....delusional . I will tell you first hand that a friend of mine helped a kid from the town he lives in get an interview after school, kid graduated from a too D1 school. Didn't make it last the first round of interviews because when they asked him what he did in school he said " I played lacrosse'....bye, bye . Next is what they said . Lacrosse is doing nothing for a kid after school so stop the nonsense. And NIL money lol.....the sport probably costs D1 schools more money than it takes in . You're forgetting that they can't even pack half of a stadium even on the professional level so NIL money? Give me a break

If you believe doors are not opening for kids after they graduate because they played lacrosse you have no idea what your talking about. I will tell you first hand lax players get opportunities because they played in college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
------ "You guys are getting lacrosse confused with a big 4 sport like football . NIL dollars ? High paying jobs after school ? Hahaha....delusional . I will tell you first hand that a friend of mine helped a kid from the town he lives in get an interview after school, kid graduated from a too D1 school. Didn't make it last the first round of interviews because when they asked him what he did in school he said " I played lacrosse'....bye, bye . Next is what they said . Lacrosse is doing nothing for a kid after school so stop the nonsense. And NIL money lol.....the sport probably costs D1 schools more money than it takes in . You're forgetting that they can't even pack half of a stadium even on the professional level so NIL money? Give me a break" --------

The above post is one of the most ignorant ever to be posted on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree here- Saying you played D1 lacrosse in the right context shows incredible character and work ethic. The kid went to a top school and worked a full time job that required him to balance his time, challenge his mind and body while delivering every day. Sounds like a decent young candidate with a proven ability to deliver under pressure to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree here- Saying you played D1 lacrosse in the right context shows incredible character and work ethic. The kid went to a top school and worked a full time job that required him to balance his time, challenge his mind and body while delivering every day. Sounds like a decent young candidate with a proven ability to deliver under pressure to me.

Incorrect ....you still need the grades . You can squeak into a school with kacroythsy you don't belong in grade wise but you can't fake it once you're out of school . If the ilgtafes aren't there nobody is taking a chance on you . Those be are the facts and I have seen it personally many times .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect ....you still need the grades . You can squeak into a school with kacroythsy you don't belong in grade wise but you can't fake it once you're out of school . If the ilgtafes aren't there nobody is taking a chance on you . Those be are the facts and I have seen it personally many times .
Ok youre right. Playing D1 Lacrosse is a bad idea and will lead no where. Is it ok if they pursue it for fun and personal growth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you believe doors are not opening for kids after they graduate because they played lacrosse you have no idea what your talking about. I will tell you first hand lax players get opportunities because they played in college.

Bro, that guys a troll. Ignore trolls and they move on to the next board.

The real opportunities come from tier 1 schools with rich lacrosse tradition. These schools have big time boosters who take care of their own. They work with the players as mentors, from day 1 in school. The kids graduate, and they are in a different league, opportunity-wise. These programs are why the sport of lacrosse is as corrupt as it is at the youth level and why it is as lucrative as it is for the people who profit from it. Parents will stop at nothing to get their kids in one of these programs. Four years of 70k prep school. Holding back kids for one to two years. PG years. Clubs and national teams. Showcase and specialized training and conditioning programs. And if a kid is from outside the east coast, they fly to every tourney and showcase. Spend 6 consecutive weeks each summer in a hotel room. $$$. This is the definition of insanity. But thousands of families do it, because they know it could set their kid up on a path for life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if a player is not ranked for whatever reason, is it still possible to get recruited by a top school should he or she be good enough? lets be honest here , many many many of these kids that get ranked are not the end all be ALL

You are correct. There are always kids out there that aren’t ranked that should be. And yes they can totally be recruited by top teams. Happens all the time.

FYI. Ty Xander missed the majority of the D1 commits for the first phase this past year. Once that first recruiting phase ended, he ranked almost all of the D1 commits, that he didn’t give 4 stars to, he gave almost all of them 3 stars. He totally missed all of the 3 Star kids. But he figured if top D1 coaches like these players, then he doesn’t want to look completely incompetent when these players turn up as big time players in college. He’s covering his [Censored].

The key is, players have to be seen by coaches to get recruited. If a player is on a bad club team or a subpar brand, then he needs to go to showcases to be seen. If he can get to one of the big 3 showcases (Mainstage, Showtime, Juniors) that is absolutely huge! It’s a chance at an even playing field alongside the best players in the nation. Go!!! Do good things in any one of those showcases and you have a serious shot at playing big time D1 lacrosse in college, at a significant discount.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real opportunities come from tier 1 schools with rich lacrosse tradition. These schools have big time boosters who take care of their own. They work with the players as mentors, from day 1 in school. The kids graduate, and they are in a different league, opportunity-wise. These programs are why the sport of lacrosse is as corrupt as it is at the youth level and why it is as lucrative as it is for the people who profit from it. Parents will stop at nothing to get their kids in one of these programs. Four years of 70k prep school. Holding back kids for one to two years. PG years. Clubs and national teams. Showcase and specialized training and conditioning programs. And if a kid is from outside the east coast, they fly to every tourney and showcase. Spend 6 consecutive weeks each summer in a hotel room. $$$. This is the definition of insanity. But thousands of families do it, because they know it could set their kid up on a path for life.

Right....that's why there are guys on long island working sales jobs and doing lacrosse clinics at night. Very very successful. Lacrosse doesn't gaurantee you a thing ...if you think you're kid is walking into a top investment bank with sub standard grades because he played lacrosse you're living on another planet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that on long island at least the majority of former D1 lacrosse players are either teachers or in sales. Last I checked you don't need to have played lacrosse for either of those jobs lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that on long island at least the majority of former D1 lacrosse players are either teachers or in sales. Last I checked you don't need to have played lacrosse for either of those jobs lol
Thats more of an indictment of Long Island than lacrosse. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure you put countless hours of research into that statement. You don't have a clue as to what profession the majority of former lacrosse players do. Most of them graduate, most are successful and they have jobs in all professions. My Alma Mater hosts a career day each year. I can personally attest that former lacrosse players from all decades are as diverse professionally as any group of college graduates and it has nothing to do with lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right....that's why there are guys on long island working sales jobs and doing lacrosse clinics at night. Very very successful. Lacrosse doesn't gaurantee you a thing ...if you think you're kid is walking into a top investment bank with sub standard grades because he played lacrosse you're living on another planet

Hey troll, never said these kids didn’t have the grades. Kids that go to these tier 1 schools have the grades. They have the work ethic. They have the smarts. They have it all. They excel on and off the field. In short, they are winners, who also have tremendous time management skills, as demonstrated by playing D1 lax at the highest level while studying at the highest level.

Nothing will be given to these kids or any kids. But these boys are a proven commodity. Proven winners. They earn these post-lacrosse employment positions.

The difference is, these kids will get OPPORTUNITIES that most will never get. These opportunities are there simply because of lacrosse and their affiliation with these elite schools/programs. Thats how it works, at the highest level.

I’m guessing your kid went to Farmingdale state, in which case your opinions may be somewhat valid. But that’s a world away from what we are discussing here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey troll, never said these kids didn’t have the grades. Kids that go to these tier 1 schools have the grades. They have the work ethic. They have the smarts. They have it all. They excel on and off the field. In short, they are winners, who also have tremendous time management skills, as demonstrated by playing D1 lax at the highest level while studying at the highest level.

Nothing will be given to these kids or any kids. But these boys are a proven commodity. Proven winners. They earn these post-lacrosse employment positions.

The difference is, these kids will get OPPORTUNITIES that most will never get. These opportunities are there simply because of lacrosse and their affiliation with these elite schools/programs. Thats how it works, at the highest level.

I’m guessing your kid went to Farmingdale state, in which case your opinions may be somewhat valid. But that’s a world away from what we are discussing here.
Why are you dissing Farmingdale State ? You should read what you write, entitled much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you dissing Farmingdale State ? You should read what you write, entitled much?

The sad part is a guy calling someone a troll who actually mocks another kid's school choice, maybe he couldn't afford your blue blood school you pretentious donk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for all dads and moms that have recently been through their sons recruiting summer- can you please tell me which of these events / showcases are worth the money from the perspective that they were well attnded by college coaches

JUNIORS OPEN
MAINSTAGE
NLF 120
BEST IN CLASS
ONE PERCENT
MAVERICK
NIKE NATIONAL
UNDERARMOUR

TY IN ADVANCE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Juniors Open- I’d have my player attend if this was the only showcase he was invited to

Mainstage- Hard pass, money grab

NLF 120- Go if invited, it’s one of the few ways to get ranked on the NLF top player list

Best in Class- More of a training opportunity than a showcase, but Deemer Class is doing all the right things. He also keeps up with his attendees and seems genuinely interested in helping them achieve their goals. I would definitely send my son again, also best uniforms I’ve seen at an event

One Percent- Money grab in every sense of the word, hard pass especially the Fall Showcase

Maverik- Yes, absolutely go if invited, it’s been amazing the past 3 years my son has gone, top notch event, by far this was the most college coaches that I have seen at an event, my son played in the first game on the first day and every college coach you could ever want to see you play was there

Nike National- this would depend on your region, who is coaching and if the team player picks are all politically motivated, fewer coaches attend IMO.

Under armor- Go to the tryout and try to make the team, again who your region coach is will matter on who will make the cut. It has been my experience that the best players aren’t always the ones who make the team. The event itself is great and the only fee that is charged is the tryout fee.

As your player ages, commits, the Comitted Combine and Project 9 are must attend events if you can get that invite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty for the very thoughtful response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about boutique events like Lacrosse Masters, Prep lax Showcase at the brunswick School ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about boutique events like Lacrosse Masters, Prep lax Showcase at the brunswick School ?

Lacrosse Masters High Academic is excellent. Plenty of one on one with the coaches. It was excellent, but they know it, and they are not easy to work with. My son was injured at the end of the school season, it took forever to get a reply from them, and the response was, "we'll try to get you into another camp if it doesn't fill up." Ended up, the cast came off early, and he went - but it was a little scary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Juniors Open- I’d have my player attend if this was the only showcase he was invited to

NLF 120- Go if invited, it’s one of the few ways to get ranked on the NLF top player list

Best in Class- More of a training opportunity than a showcase, but Deemer Class is doing all the right things. He also keeps up with his attendees and seems genuinely interested in helping them achieve their goals. I would definitely send my son again, also best uniforms I’ve seen at an event

One Percent- Money grab in every sense of the word, hard pass especially the Fall Showcase

Maverik- Yes, absolutely go if invited, it’s been amazing the past 3 years my son has gone, top notch event, by far this was the most college coaches that I have seen at an event, my son played in the first game on the first day and every college coach you could ever want to see you play was there

Nike National- this would depend on your region, who is coaching and if the team player picks are all politically motivated, fewer coaches attend IMO.

Under armor- Go to the tryout and try to make the team, again who your region coach is will matter on who will make the cut. It has been my experience that the best players aren’t always the ones who make the team. The event itself is great and the only fee that is charged is the tryout fee.

As your player ages, commits, the Comitted Combine and Project 9 are must attend events if you can get that invite

Outstanding Response I would add you need to go to One Percent to get invited to NLF 120. Chandik is a Crook and only plays to the rich or clubs he is employed by.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if you can afford it. P9 is 1500.00 for 2.5 days.

Al this stuff…. Cha Ching, cha Ching, cha Ching!!!!

We really shouldn’t have to max out a credit card just to get our kids recruited.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question is this - Do college coaches look at his (chandik) rankings with any validity or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outstanding Response I would add you need to go to One Percent to get invited to NLF 120. Chandik is a Crook and only plays to the rich or clubs he is employed by.

False. My kid didn’t go to One Percent but went to NLF 120.

Maverik was the best I experienced. Put my kid on the map.

UA and Nike always a [Censored] shoot. Coach is going to have his favorite kids that he knows and they will always get preferential treatment. For that reason (and others) the traditional showcase is a better way to go.

If your kid is on a top 15 (or so) team, playing on that team is absolutely the best option of all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question is this - Do college coaches look at his (chandik) rankings with any validity or not?

They absolutely do. From my experience, he does a better more accurate job than Xander. But regardless, college coaches look at both. The NLF is a big powerful organization in youth lacrosse with a huge stable of top teams and talent. Coaches pay close attention. Most will do their own due diligence, but those rankings create big time demand for the kids that get ranked, both IL and NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree, NIL money is a pipe dream. You will be lucky to get a few free heads/sticks with any NIL deal. If you really want to help your kid out, make sure they get good grades. My 2023 had a great full tuition offer at a top 20 school, with a combination of academic and athletic aid. The academic award was 16K more than the athletic, leaving us with room/board to cover. More than anything else, kids with good grades (+3.5 GPA) will be the real winners.
We have all spent boatloads of $$$ on our kids travel teams, don’t fool yourself that this is more than an end game of playing 4 years in college while getting a good deal to attend a decent university. As much as I love the sport, Nobody is getting rich playing lacrosse.

Is a pipe dream 20k X 4 years = 80k? That’s real money in my world, and is a portion of my deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but isnt it the club directors choosing the kids? after all , Chandik works for organization as a whole ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They absolutely do. From my experience, he does a better more accurate job than Xander. But regardless, college coaches look at both. The NLF is a big powerful organization in youth lacrosse with a huge stable of top teams and talent. Coaches pay close attention. Most will do their own due diligence, but those rankings create big time demand for the kids that get ranked, both IL and NLF.

Absolutely do and that's why parents pay Chandik and TY big money. Best is they don't need to be right they blame it on the kid for being a bust.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait. Like pay them or pay for their events?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait. Like pay them or pay for their events?

Both in multiple ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely do and that's why parents pay Chandik and TY big money. Best is they don't need to be right they blame it on the kid for being a bust.

This sounds like a typical everyday BOTC negative troll comment. BUT one has to wonder if that’s going on. If a kid can get in the top 50 or even top 100 on one of these lists, it puts the kid right in the middle of a feeding frenzie with top D1 programs, and he’s the main course! And it can easily mean 320k in scholarship money and even far more than that in NIL deals and academic incentive money. And all that pails in compares to the post-lacrosse opportunities at some of these elite institutions with big time booster involvement. So a lot is riding on these coveted spots. The incentive for bribery is there. And based on the notorious reputation that Lacrosse parents have, we absolutely have to expect that it’s happening. I’d keep a very close eye on the spending habits of Xander and Chandik. Obviously they don’t make a lot of money with this gig. So if they be are getting kickbacks, it should be pretty obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but isnt it the club directors choosing the kids? after all , Chandik works for organization as a whole ?

No. Chandiks job is to do the NLF rankings. That’s his job. He does it by himself. Ty is the Director of HS blah blah blah. Based on the title, he’s in charge of all the Hs recruiting content for IL.

These two are responsible for their individual rankings.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was curious how good Massapequa is going to be this year since thought they were suppose to be good. But I looked on the IL database and they look to be hurting this year. Says they have only 4 D1 commits (to lower tier programs) who are all seniors. Basically no talent at all for 2024’s. Is this accurate? If so, they are off the radar for the foreseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the best teams on the island this year.

Manhasset
GC

SWR
WM

I miss any? Any new comers to this list of traditional powerhouses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pls don’t take the bait on this low life rating how pequa will be this year. Complete lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was curious how good Massapequa is going to be this year since thought they were suppose to be good. But I looked on the IL database and they look to be hurting this year. Says they have only 4 D1 commits (to lower tier programs) who are all seniors. Basically no talent at all for 2024’s. Is this accurate? If so, they are off the radar for the foreseeable future.

Pequa will be solid this year. A bunch of strong seniors. Some talent below as well. Last 2 years weren't as strong but next few should be good. F'dale probably best in A this year. Pequa should compete with them. Both are clear 1 and 2. Syo and PW will be 3 and 4. Than the rest in A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa will be solid this year. A bunch of strong seniors. Some talent below as well. Last 2 years weren't as strong but next few should be good. F'dale probably best in A this year. Pequa should compete with them. Both are clear 1 and 2. Syo and PW will be 3 and 4. Than the rest in A.

Syo will be 4. Weren't great last year and lost best players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 246 of 264 1 2 244 245 246 247 248 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard