BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, genius. This forum is for 2029 players, and the claim was that Coppermine has taken the younger age groups over that SW normally would draw from. SW still has decent teams, just not in 2028 and under. So where exactly is the 2029 SW going to attract players from??? Nowhere, they will continue to [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, genius. This forum is for 2029 players, and the claim was that Coppermine has taken the younger age groups over that SW normally would draw from. SW still has decent teams, just not in 2028 and under. So where exactly is the 2029 SW going to attract players from??? Nowhere, they will continue to [Censored].

2028 Sky Walkers Blue is a very strong team and one of the top teams in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2028 Sky Walkers Blue is a very strong team and one of the top teams in the area.

They aren’t in top-20 and haven’t beaten a quality team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t feed the Coppermine trolls. Look at all the forums on here for the younger ages. They flood the forums with a bunch of parents to try and sell their brand.

Anyone who knows anything knows SW is an elite club. Time to move on from the discussion as Coppermine is really irrelevant when HS rolls around and will continue to be irrelevant. But man are they the best [Censored] talking 6th grade team in the mid Atlantic. Love the previous clown car comment 😂 so true. Hop in the car or join a legit club like SW. 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the angry comment about the Skywalkers family that left the 2029 team mid-season. She was the top player on the 29 team, knows the club very well and just can see the club is on the decline. Every younger team is weak and with more competition in the area it isn’t going to get better. Their family is only doing what is best for their daughter. Leaving a club they knew very well is telling on the trajectory. Don’t be so angry their decision was clearly best for their daughter to be on more competitive team.

I would hope you would do the same for your daughter and not have ignorant comments from jealous parents.

You have zero clue about SW and their reputation if that’s your stance. Look at the 8th grade thru 11th grade teams. They just don’t put as much emphasis on winning in elementary school. Which is fantastic imho.

The family that left did so because they were short sighted and that’s okay. That’s their choice. But you sound really ignorant with your assessment of SW.

Agree that focusing more on development than winning in younger years is a good thing. You can see that as the Skywalkers teams get older they continue to improve (take the 27 team for example, who has been steadily improving). Some because of talent they have developed and some because their club continues to attract top talent.

Saying Skywalkers is a thing of the past is the company line with some other clubs (you know who you are) because they think the route to becoming a top club is to steal the talent that typically would have gone to Skywalkers. To some extent, they have succeeded. But Skywalkers is just fine, they develop good players, who go on to play well on their high school teams, and ultimately get their girls recruited.

Sw is the king/queen of the informal summer development clinics that turn into poaching players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Sw is the king/queen of the informal summer development clinics that turn into poaching players.”

Perfect, maybe they can go from #62 to #44!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Sw is the king/queen of the informal summer development clinics that turn into poaching players.”

So 29’s are sixth graders. Come back to me in 3-4 Summer when then29’s are in recruiting and we’ll see where their players are and where the skywalkers players are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 29’s are sixth graders. Come back to me in 3-4 Summer when then29’s are in recruiting and we’ll see where their players are and where the skywalkers players are

I’ve seen the 2029s from SW….unless Coopermine stops operations completely and the entire team comes over, not many of them are getting recruited for anything. Seriously, where are you going to get these players from? Ok, maybe a few scraps from heros or M&D after they are cut and replaced, but are they going to get you over the top? NEMS and Limelight [Censored] too, so no one is going to help you from there. Do you really think there are a bunch of undiscovered gems playing rec ball in Towson that are going to save the day? I get it, it is upsetting that the club you chose isn’t what it was, but times change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen the 2029s from SW….unless Coopermine stops operations completely and the entire team comes over, not many of them are getting recruited for anything. Seriously, where are you going to get these players from? Ok, maybe a few scraps from heros or M&D after they are cut and replaced, but are they going to get you over the top? NEMS and Limelight [Censored] too, so no one is going to help you from there. Do you really think there are a bunch of undiscovered gems playing rec ball in Towson that are going to save the day? I get it, it is upsetting that the club you chose isn’t what it was, but times change.

It’s insane that you think these girls have all peaked in 6th grade. Just like all your other recent posts, it’s incredibly small minded and short sighted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably fewer than 5 current SW players will be on that team in 4 years. However, you can probably say the same thing about M&D, Heros, MDU and other top MD clubs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen the 29’s from Coppermine. If three of those girls leave that team they’re in the same position as skywalkers. My child is at M&D so it doesn’t matter to me but I think you’ll find out during recruiting that both of those teams will change and SW will be just fine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen the 29’s from Coppermine. If three of those girls leave that team they’re in the same position as skywalkers. My child is at M&D so it doesn’t matter to me but I think you’ll find out during recruiting that both of those teams will change and SW will be just fine

Wait you aren’t driving the Coppermine koolaid 😉

All joking aside. Schedule release is coming soon. Who outside of the big 4, Heros, M&D, Coppermine, and MDU can surprise some teams? Anyone improve enough to crack the top 4 and make the playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best team never talked about has to be Pride. Super athletic team with strong stickwork and good coaching. Seems like they're a girl or two away from giving teams a real run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best team never talked about has to be Pride. Super athletic team with strong stickwork and good coaching. Seems like they're a girl or two away from giving teams a real run.

They are an interesting team for sure. They have played some tough close games against the big 4 and then have some in which they got beat pretty good.

I was thinking the same though. They have to be the next in line if one of the big 4 fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are an interesting team for sure. They have played some tough close games against the big 4 and then have some in which they got beat pretty good.

I was thinking the same though. They have to be the next in line if one of the big 4 fall.

They are a solid team and much deeper than you expect a VA team to be. Problem is they don't have a dominant scorer which you really need at this age level.

If they could get the two stars from NL to come over, they could do some damage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a solid team and much deeper than you expect a VA team to be. Problem is they don't have a dominant scorer which you really need at this age level.

If they could get the two stars from NL to come over, they could do some damage.

NL is on the same level as SW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at the 2029 level, NL is leaps and bounds better than SW. NL beat SW by 9 to end the 2022 regular season & has lost to M&D twice in the past year by 1 goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's ridiculous. I can't think of one girl on SW that would start for Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's ridiculous. I can't think of one girl on SW that would start for Coppermine.

I can't think of any Coppermine players that would start for M&D or Hero's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same M&D team that has lost to Coppemine 2 times in a row? M&D's coaching must really [Censored] if none of the Coppermine players could start for M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same M&D team that has lost to Coppemine 2 times in a row? M&D's coaching must really [Censored] if none of the Coppermine players could start for M&D.

And here we go again. Since the start of NGLL for these girls you have won exactly 3 games against M&D while losing 10+. Losing some of those games (recently) by 6+ goals. Two one goal wins in FALL tournaments and all of a sudden you’re a team full of the next Taylor Cummings.

🤡🚙 even made the car blue for you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can. But they play on the 28 team. It's never fair to evaluate SW 6th grade teams because they allow their top sixth graders to play up.

Is Coppermine still better than SW even with the girls playing up? Probably. But things will be much closer next year once everyone is play on-age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can. But they play on the 28 team. It's never fair to evaluate SW 6th grade teams because they allow their top sixth graders to play up.

Is Coppermine still better than SW even with the girls playing up? Probably. But things will be much closer next year once everyone is play on-age

Exactly. My daughter plays on a top club now and was offered a spot by SW on their ‘28. Reason being is they wanted her challenged and they don’t care as much about Ws and Ls at this age. Which is why I find all the talk about the one who left for Heros interesting. If she was that good why didn’t they let her stay on ‘28 like the others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you took the top three players from any team they'd all be weaker so not sure saying taking the three best from Coppermine is anything shocking or particularly telling about Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW’s allowing 29’s on the 28 team is probably a concession by SW leadership so they don’t lose additional kids. I’m sure the 28 team is thrilled to play with 6th graders. Unless 6th graders improve their team. Seems like they are trying to plug multiple holes on weaker teams before kids, parents, high schools, and colleges realize their talent pool is significantly damaged from the good old days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very telling you passed on the opportunity for your DD to play on the older skywalkers team. It would be a good opportunity but I guess the inevitable disaster of playing with the 29 team isn’t worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW’s allowing 29’s on the 28 team is probably a concession by SW leadership so they don’t lose additional kids. I’m sure the 28 team is thrilled to play with 6th graders. Unless 6th graders improve their team. Seems like they are trying to plug multiple holes on weaker teams before kids, parents, high schools, and colleges realize their talent pool is significantly damaged from the good old days.

All three of those girls start on the SW 28s and are key contributors. At least two of them would start on any 29 team in Maryland.

This has been SWs model for many years. Playing up against better completion is massive for development

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the ranking for SW 29 team is better than 60th and the ranking for SW 28 is worse than 20th. Maybe they should both be ranked around 40th/30th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And here we go again. Since the start of NGLL for these girls you have won exactly 3 games against M&D while losing 10+. Losing some of those games (recently) by 6+ goals. Two one goal wins in FALL tournaments and all of a sudden you’re a team full of the next Taylor Cummings.

M&D will be just fine while the Circus that is Coppermine implodes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All three of those girls start on the SW 28s and are key contributors. At least two of them would start on any 29 team in Maryland.

This has been SWs model for many years. Playing up against better completion is massive for development

So going back to the defector to Heros… so she got moved back down to ‘29 while the better players stayed on ‘28. Dad didn’t believe it was fair or right, got mad and left. Then comes on here to [Censored] SW to justify his move. That’s the story.

As for SW, they will be just fine. They are developing girls and eventually will have a solid ‘29 team. Anyone else on here trashing SW really doesn’t understand club lacrosse in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's actually a terrible model. Build a strong program at their own age level. Playing up isn't better for development, including social development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D will be just fine while the Circus that is Coppermine implodes.
Why do your clubs continue to support the Coppermine program by participating in their winter leagues?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's actually a terrible model. Build a strong program at their own age level. Playing up isn't better for development, including social development.

So there are three 2029s starting on the SW 2028? I’m sure those 2028 parents just love that. This playing up stuff should be over before middle school for reasons stated above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So there are three 2029s starting on the SW 2028? I’m sure those 2028 parents just love that. This playing up stuff should be over before middle school for reasons stated above.

Not sure why anyone would want to play up. Why not have those good players play on the team age they belong? Seems like a situation where those good players would move to other clubs. Isn't this the opposite of everyone's favorite, the Holdback that is so prevalent around MD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This isn't even true. The PP who said the "defector" left because she got pulled down while the other girls stayed on 2028 is making stuff up (shocking). There are currently 2 girls on the 2029 roster who last year were on 2028 blue. The third one would have been the girl who left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regarding of what you think about Skywalkers, this is flat out wrong. Anytime a girl can play against better stronger opponents, they should. This is the reason why NY clubs all catch up in 8th grade -- because their best middle schools can play high school.

Really no value to team building at this age, since more than half the girls on any top team will be gone in 2-3 years.

Remember the old adage -- if you are ever the best player on your team, find a new team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 28 Skywalkers are not good. If their top players are 29s, that is even worse for their club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 28 Skywalkers are not good. If their top players are 29s, that is even worse for their club.

Agreed, and as mentioned above, the 2029s have already moved back down. I watched them play indoor, and they are barely more competitive than they were before those girls returned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is out. Coppermine avoided everyone but Heros. MDU got the toughest draw having to play Heros and M&D. Next Level got an incredible favorable schedule as well and could go 7-1 easily.

With a 6 team playoff the number 1 seed (bye and easiest path the championship) will most likely be determined when Heros plays M&D on a Friday night under the lights. From there seeds 2-5 could all be 7-1 and will be a fight to get to the championship on playoff weekend.

As I see it 1-5 should be (no particular order)
Heros
M&D
MDU
Coppermine
Next Level

Who’s everyone’s pick to sneak in for the 6th and final spot? Legends? Integrity? MC Elite?

Should be an interesting year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are you seeing the schedule?

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24