BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 112 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe M&D players leave and go to Coppermine.

If they get cut, yeah.

Nobody... at any age group is leaving M&D to go to Coppermine. Not without getting cut.

With that being said, I think Coppermine is headed in the right direction

I watched the Coppermine 27s play last spring and summer. They are a well-coached very disciplined team. Probably is they just lack athletes and difference makes on offense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like TLC moved to NGLL B so now there are 18 teams in A giving perfect 2 divisions of 9 teams, not sure why they just don’t go by division, each team would okay identical schedule in division so pretty fair to determine playoffs, take top three of each side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Coppermine Blue from NGLL? Looks like they disappeared from A and are not showing in B. Maybe a glitch on my end…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe M&D players leave and go to Coppermine.

If they get cut, yeah.

Nobody... at any age group is leaving M&D to go to Coppermine. Not without getting cut.

With that being said, I think Coppermine is headed in the right direction

I watched the Coppermine 27s play last spring and summer. They are a well-coached very disciplined team. Probably is they just lack athletes and difference makes on offense.

Saw them a couple times in the Fall. Looks like they moved their best player from Defense to Mid so that should help them this Spring with ball control and scoring. Not sure what will happen to their defense now? Maybe they skate by with an easy schedule again this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is a darkhorse playoff team. They are solid. They have their moments. There is a giant gap from the top of the A to the bottom of the A and Coppermine is in that top half.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is a darkhorse playoff team. They are solid. They have their moments. There is a giant gap from the top of the A to the bottom of the A and Coppermine is in that top half.

I would say there is a giant gap from top 3 (everyone knows who that is) to the next 5 or 6. Coppermine could sneak into that group of 6. But saying Coppermine is in the top half is misleading. In a regular game, they are still getting pummeled by top 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say there is a giant gap from top 3 (everyone knows who that is) to the next 5 or 6. Coppermine could sneak into that group of 6. But saying Coppermine is in the top half is misleading. In a regular game, they are still getting pummeled by top 3.

Top 3 being M&D, Hero's and BLC? The gap is not giant at all from the next few teams, MD United, Pride, SW Blue etc.

Coppermine is absolutely in the top half of the NGLL A. Name the 9 teams better than them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine 2027 Black better than

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

That would put them 7 out of 18.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

Congrats. #7 keeps them out of the playoffs. #moralvictories

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

Still in top half, which is the point of the post.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

So let me get this straight. A 2-7 team who's only 2 wins are against C level competition is a top half team? Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

So let me get this straight. A 2-7 team who's only 2 wins are against C level competition is a top half team? Got it.

This isn’t confusing, name the 9 teams better than them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

This isn’t confusing, name the 9 teams better than them.

2-7. Enough said.

Go support the 28 Coppermine team. They are actually really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

Integrity with a full roster is much more talented. M&D Shore is probably a slight favorite against them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when we can expect the NGLL schedule to be released? I thought I heard the middle of February?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLax 2027 Black
FCA 2027 Blue
Hero's 2027 white
Integrity 2027 Green
M&D Shore 2027 Black
MC Elite Midnight
Next Level 2027 Blue
NEMS 2027
Rebels 27
Renegades 27
STARS 2027 Light BLue

Integrity with a full roster is much more talented. M&D Shore is probably a slight favorite against them.

I would disagree on both counts but as it stands, they are ranked higher than both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t understand Coppermine’s results as most here also mention. They have a group of good coaches on their sidelines. I have also heard a lot of buzz about many girls being recruited to local High Schools too or at least certain parents claim. I believe all go to private schools or will be in HS. I would say they could be as high was 6th but as low as 11th ( out of 27A team). More curious about some other teams- SWB (picked up so talented kids), Integrity (after last year) and M&D Shore (what impact will being associated with M&D have).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t understand Coppermine’s results as most here also mention. They have a group of good coaches on their sidelines. I have also heard a lot of buzz about many girls being recruited to local High Schools too or at least certain parents claim. I believe all go to private schools or will be in HS. I would say they could be as high was 6th but as low as 11th ( out of 27A team). More curious about some other teams- SWB (picked up so talented kids), Integrity (after last year) and M&D Shore (what impact will being associated with M&D have).

I will say this, Coppermine is a physical team and the skewed or perplexing scores can be result of the refs. If refs are letting the physical play go, Coppermine is at a big advantage. If they aren't, they are getting a lot of fouls and yellow cards. We played them last, they had 3 yellow cards.

Both Integrity and M&D Shore lost some difference makers over last NGLL, I do not expect them to be as competitive as they were in 2022. SW Blue likely improved for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if this is the case with this group, but I have noticed in general that people seem to use the word "recruited" very liberally. What does it actually mean to be "recruited"? That the coach said "hey yeah we'd love to have you."?? Or does it mean that the coaching staff actively pursued the student and/or gave them money towards tuition to attend? I've heard the word used to describe both situations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if this is the case with this group, but I have noticed in general that people seem to use the word "recruited" very liberally. What does it actually mean to be "recruited"? That the coach said "hey yeah we'd love to have you."?? Or does it mean that the coaching staff actively pursued the student and/or gave them money towards tuition to attend? I've heard the word used to describe both situations.

Curious about this too. I have a daughter in private school now and am aware of financial aid but do schools actively “recruit “ girls to play at HS? Are they getting free rides or scholarships for athletics? I heard many friends and others talk about it (this school wants her or the coach asked where we are going) but are schools actually actively recruiting or is this just some parents egos? I knows boys have schools that do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious about this too. I have a daughter in private school now and am aware of financial aid but do schools actively “recruit “ girls to play at HS? Are they getting free rides or scholarships for athletics? I heard many friends and others talk about it (this school wants her or the coach asked where we are going) but are schools actually actively recruiting or is this just some parents egos? I knows boys have schools that do.
Wouldn't they have to recruit? How else would they be able to fill out their rosters. There are 15 IAMM "A" schools. Estimating each school ahs at least 20 players (probably more). That's at least 300 players for the "A" division. There are also 6 "B" and 8 "C" teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some schools offer no athletic scholarships at all - it's 100% need based financial aid but those schools still recruit. They reach out to families and encourage them to apply. They invite the kids to events/activities at the school with the current team. There is no real cost or limit to the number of kids they may "recruit" in that manner so that's usually the scenario when someone is saying their kid is being recruited. It's really a "prospect" at that point though.

Where things change and it really becomes "recruiting" is for admission decisions. Coaches can get recruits admitted. I'm not sure families would always even know if that is how their kid got admitted though. It's not really in the schools best interest to make that known. In the end there will be kids who don't get accepted that thought they were recruits but were just prospects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After going through this with our older children I have learned there are always those parents living through their kids and take anything they says with a grain of salt. Boys do gives actual scholarships but girls tend to offer aid as needed financially.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know or heard of when NGLL will release the 2023 Season Schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know or heard of when NGLL will release the 2023 Season Schedule?

Supposedly the 23rd or 24th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After going through this with our older children I have learned there are always those parents living through their kids and take anything they says with a grain of salt. Boys do gives actual scholarships but girls tend to offer aid as needed financially.

Umm. No. Men's programs get 12.6 scholarships per team and women's programs get 10.8 scholarships. There is definitely scholarship opportunities for both genders. (Though any scholarship over 1/2 is VERY rare).

From a numbers perspective, it is much easier to get a spot in women's lacrosse. There are twice as many programs and 1/3 the number of high school kids competing for those spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm. No. Men's programs get 12.6 scholarships per team and women's programs get 10.8 scholarships. There is definitely scholarship opportunities for both genders. (Though any scholarship over 1/2 is VERY rare).

From a numbers perspective, it is much easier to get a spot in women's lacrosse. There are twice as many programs and 1/3 the number of high school kids competing for those spots.

They are referring to High School recruiting I believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do coaches actively recruit girls to play? Without a doubt. Sometimes it is directly, more often through a club coach to express interest.

Athletic scholarships are a tricky term. I haven't heard anyone boy or girl who got a scholarship to play a sport. However, I know several families (most of whom didn't need financial aid) who got very favorable financial aid packages and just happened to have a star lax or football player. You be the judge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest questions at 2027 before schedules come out.

Will the Big Three lose an NGLL game to a non Big Three team?
How much has Skywalkers improved?
Who is going to take that 4th, 5th and 6th spot?
Will any team outside the Big Three repeat playoff run (M&D Shore, NEMS, Coppermine)?
Who is biggest Darkhorse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the Big Three lose an NGLL game to a non Big Three team?
How much has Skywalkers improved?
Who is going to take that 4th, 5th and 6th spot?
Will any team outside the Big Three repeat playoff run (M&D Shore, NEMS, Coppermine)?
Who is biggest Darkhorse?

No
Top 5 now probably
Pride, Skywalkers, Md united
Doubtful
Hero's White

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the Big Three lose an NGLL game to a non Big Three team? No, but I bet MDU plays at least one of them within a couple of goals

How much has Skywalkers improved? Defense is much better, still don't have the goal scorers to compete at next level

Who is going to take that 4th, 5th and 6th spot? With depend on schedule, both who you play and if you are scheduled to play when a good chunk of your team has spring break

Will any team outside the Big Three repeat playoff run (M&D Shore, NEMS, Coppermine)? No. Will be shocked if the semis aren't M&D, Heros, BLC and MDU

Who is biggest Darkhorse? Don't even think they will make playoffs, but I think Renegades surprised some people and pulls a few upsets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the Big Three lose an NGLL game to a non Big Three team? No, but I bet MDU plays at least one of them within a couple of goals

How much has Skywalkers improved? Defense is much better, still don't have the goal scorers to compete at next level

Who is going to take that 4th, 5th and 6th spot? With depend on schedule, both who you play and if you are scheduled to play when a good chunk of your team has spring break

Will any team outside the Big Three repeat playoff run (M&D Shore, NEMS, Coppermine)? No. Will be shocked if the semis aren't M&D, Heros, BLC and MDU

Who is biggest Darkhorse? Don't even think they will make playoffs, but I think Renegades surprised some people and pulls a few upsets.

Seems fairly accurate. Although on your last point, is it really an upset if you aren't beating a top 3? Maybe 4 or 5? Once you get to teams 6-14, they are pretty evenly matched. If Renegades beats a NEMS or Coppermine, I guess in name it is an upset. But really outside of the big 3, it's not going to be a big upset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Aces 27 isn’t doing NGLL this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Aces 27 isn’t doing NGLL this year

Most of their top players will be playing high school varsity so even if they went it would have been a very limited team.

Assuming Jesters wins Long Island, they will likely be missing a few key players at nationals for the same reason since many girls' teams will likely be in playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems fairly accurate. Although on your last point, is it really an upset if you aren't beating a top 3? Maybe 4 or 5? Once you get to teams 6-14, they are pretty evenly matched. If Renegades beats a NEMS or Coppermine, I guess in name it is an upset. But really outside of the big 3, it's not going to be a big upset.

My point with Renegades was across the totality of the season. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they go 4-4, which in my mind would be a shock for a team who played B level last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point with Renegades was across the totality of the season. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they go 4-4, which in my mind would be a shock for a team who played B level last year.

There are quite a few teams in the same boat. Could go 4-4 or could go 1-7. They are one of those teams. But they probably could have played A last year. They tend to play in lower divisions of tournaments or play in sub-par strength tournaments. Maybe this is the year they play a tougher schedule.

Best way to go 3-5 or 4-4 is to avoid playing the top teams. If they (or anyone) can avoid the M&D or Hero type teams, a sneaky playoff spot could be there for the taking. With 18 teams in one big division, someone is going to luck out. But if you do, you better take advantage of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd argue there are really 5 tiers at the 27 level. Any one winning a game more than 1 tier above them could be an upset; 2 tiers would be a major upset

Tier 1 -- M&D, Heros, BLC
Tier 2 -- MDU
Tier 3-- Pride, SW, Coppermine, Integrity, M&D Shore
Tier 4-- Heros White, Renegades, NEMS, Stars
Tier 5-- CCLax, Next Level, FCA, Rebels, MC Elite

Any game within a tier would not really be an upset regardless of outcome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity, M&D Shore & NEMS will all be Tier 5 this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd argue there are really 5 tiers at the 27 level. Any one winning a game more than 1 tier above them could be an upset; 2 tiers would be a major upset

Tier 2 -- MDU

Didn't MDU go 3-5 last year in NGLL? Why do we think they are making such a big jump.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 2 -- MDU

Didn't MDU go 3-5 last year in NGLL? Why do we think they are making such a big jump.

They had a great summer and a strong fall (save one tourney where half their starters weren't there). Not saying they are close to tier 1, but should be favored by at least 3 over anyone else. Also, the reason Integrity dropped is the players that went to MDU

Tying Heros and beating YJA and Madskillz is pretty good for a fall.

Page 75 of 112 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard