BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 79 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both lost

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reiterate the sentiment. Great to see we always win every year. Only issue is the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad the one Forster boy couldn’t take the LaSalle team past the first round of playoffs two years in a row. The UA team he coached made up mostly of kids developed by other HS coaches (Radnor, Malvern, Haverford). Give credit to the coaches who developed those kids. Only two LaSalle kids on UA teams. Heard some LaSalle kids transferring to other schools because of R Forster. The other Forster seems to be having a lot of success at ANC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Too bad the one Forster boy couldn’t take the LaSalle team past the first round of playoffs two years in a row. The UA team he coached made up mostly of kids developed by other HS coaches (Radnor, Malvern, Haverford). Give credit to the coaches who developed those kids. Only two LaSalle kids on UA teams. Heard some LaSalle kids transferring to other schools because of R Forster. The other Forster seems to be having a lot of success at ANC

sounds like a disgruntled LCPHS parent. Which is fine, just take the comment with a grain of salt. Regime change there recently...absolute legend stepped down. nobody could have filled those shoes.

let's give some credit to the kids themselves, rather than the coaches at these powerhouse High Schools. The kids are the ones putting in the work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed; credit to the men AND women of UA Philly for winning it all !
As for R Forster, see what ANC was before he got there and what the program has been since. Lasalle will be back and Forster will be the one leading the ship…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seriously saying give credit to kids and not the hs coach? It is a team and the hs coach is the leader. Hopefully this is sarcasm. If not get your reality checked and change sports. The coach is the team leader. You are lucky to have RF coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams were loaded and very good coaching staffs. Command won all games by a good margin. Highlight had a lot of 24s on team. Philly looking strong. If you look down at years 26 and 27 as well they have very good players as well that are coming up. Not as many kids play yet in the area as MD or LI but the quality is high.
Congrats to Philly Highlight & Command Teams for winning UA last weekend. A Philly sweep is an impressive accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 4 quality coaches on the sideline all doing a solid job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed - Keep grinding Philly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from a tigers player, most of the people joining team ten are joining because of the coaches. The two coaches Bill Connors and Jordan Wolf have coached us in the past and we liked them a lot. It was a tough decision for us to leave the tigers. We just won a national championship and were the first team in PA to ever do that but we all felt like we just needed a change of scenery. There was no toxic culture in the team. We were like brothers and we do anything for each other. Our coach was not insane, he just cared and sometimes it may come off as insane but he truly just cared. I know you may not believe but he is willing to do anything for anyone of us. I am so grateful for the opportunity that Tigers has given me. Without Tigers, I don't know where I would be in my lacrosse career and I only have the coaches to thank for that. Tigers has given me an opportunity that no other team in this area could've.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to the "King of the Mountain" tournament at Lehigh? They cancelled it and we have not received a refund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess if you build they will come. Team Ten’s 25, 26, and 27’s went a combined 9-0 this past weekend at the Millon tournament. The best teams in our area has always been spread out, looks like Ten is pulling it together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched a few of their games, great to see PA teams step it up! Their 2030 team battled but went 0-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa sold to Buccini Sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Mesa sold to Buccini Sports

BPG Sports, same group that recently purchased Brotherly Love and 302 in DE. Rumored to be building a facility in Radnor area. Look for merging and consolidation of clubs and talent, very corporate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BPG Sports, same group that recently purchased Brotherly Love and 302 in DE. Rumored to be building a facility in Radnor area. Look for merging and consolidation of clubs and talent, very corporate.

There will be a few more foreign's at practice in the near future. Who is going to be the next director to cash out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cash out or bail out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cash out or bail out?

The move to private equity based ownership has worked out well for other clubs in the area. I’m sure Mesa will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if youth sports has turned into a business?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bail out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be a few more foreign's at practice in the near future. Who is going to be the next director to cash out?

I’d say Roughriders but they might be worth about as much as FTX Crypto today.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d say Roughriders but they might be worth about as much as FTX Crypto today.

Why the RR detest here? Either your kid was cut or you were part of the 2027 team to keep coming back to bash them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my opinion but I don't think you will see travel teams be as popular once players start to enter HS in the future. All the private schools seem to play year round and it looks like the other schools are catching on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking ahead to the high school lacrosse season who are the teams to watch in the Philly area this year (public & private schools)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA (District 1)- Rustin looks very strong and Marple has a young but talented team. Not sure about Penncrest this year. I think they graduated many kids.

Darkhorse-Upper Merion

AAA (District1)-Radnor, LaSalle, DWest, DEast, Garnet Valley should still be strong despite some graduations.

Darkhorse-Springfield

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA (District 1)- Rustin looks very strong and Marple has a young but talented team. Not sure about Penncrest this year. I think they graduated many kids.

Darkhorse-Upper Merion

AAA (District1)-Radnor, LaSalle, DWest, DEast, Garnet Valley should still be strong despite some graduations.

Darkhorse-Springfield

Correction...Lasalle is not District 1......also Avon Grove should have a strong team this year. No idea how Stoga looks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the Rustin call although they have some holes at FO and ATT. Stoga gonna have a down year. Might be why their goalie (Duke commit) transferred to a private school in Virginia / DC area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Darkhorse-Upper Merion

Darkhorse-Springfield

DWest won’t be good, I doubt they make states. Top 3 is Radnor in their own tier. Then Springfield and DEast is a tier below for district 1. Garnet, Springford, and Avon Grove makes up the next tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perkiomen Valley has been solid the past few years. Also, Owen J Roberts had a solid team last year, not sure if they had many graduates. I would not count out Unionville, they took down some very good teams last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perkiomen Valley has been solid the past few years. Also, Owen J Roberts had a solid team last year, not sure if they had many graduates. I would not count out Unionville, they took down some very good teams last year.

OJR graduated a ton of seniors and lost their head coach to college. PV also graduated a lot of starting seniors.

Kennet should be solid as well.

Radnor and D'east will be the top 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor has Malvern on their schedule this year. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor has Malvern on their schedule this year. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Radnor is a top state team. Malvern is a top national team. I think if Radnor kept it within 5 it could be considered a "win". 140 boys tryout for Malvern's lax team each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phillylacrosse.com rankings came out yesterday. I am surprised there was no mention of Rustin. They have Unionville "mentioned" as well who lost to Rustin last year. Even Marple (who made the state AA finals) is not in the top 25. I realize it is an early ranking, but it doesn't really make sense. Rustin is probably the 2nd best team in the Chesmont.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty impressive how Radnor has been able to reload over the past few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is impressive they are only public school that can compete. They gave Haverford a close game this summer at a national tournament. They are very good this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is impressive they are only public school that can compete. They gave Haverford a close game this summer at a national tournament. They are very good this year.

Good point. The next ranking of a public school is Downingtown East at #10. Let's be honest, the Inter Ac schools bring in 5-6 top players in each freshman class. Outside of Radnor, the other schools would be lucky to get 2 top players. Haverford and Malvern are awesome schools, but they clearly shifted their focus on athletics and their goal to be successful on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comments like “Haverford & Malvern clearly shifted their focus on athletics” are hysterical. As if those two schools haven’t had dominant lacrosse programs for decades. Please enlighten us on what’s shifted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comments like “Haverford & Malvern clearly shifted their focus on athletics” are hysterical. As if those two schools haven’t had dominant lacrosse programs for decades. Please enlighten us on what’s shifted.

They have done an excellent job over the years, but now they are clearly above the PIAA teams. This was not the case 10-15 years ago. It is a fact that they offer pathways to great colleges based on their reputation (in lacrosse and other sports) that the other schools do not have. It is also a fact that they offer scholarships that other schools cannot offer. I'm not saying this is good or bad (I won't name the school) but the academics have dropped dramatically as they have increased their "national" presence in athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Scholarships”…hahaha. Sorry that’s fiction not fact. It’s called need-based financial aid. As far as lowering the academic standard I suggest your compare their list of colleges their students attend to validate your cynical opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters gonna detest. Clown.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 79 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 78 79
Quick Reply