BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Girls 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was told Igloo has a 2029 team in Nassau county starting this summer. I know the boys side is very well run in Nassau, and looking at their social media it seems like they are putting a lot into the girls. We are looking to move to a new nassau club. Has anyone had experiences with their girls side or even have a son on the boys?

I know of a different year Igloo that is regarded as a C level team. And while I mean no offense, any team that is being created "starting this summer" is not putting a lot into the program. By Summer, many of the Long Island Teams will already be 30+ practices into preparation for the summer season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have friends that have daughters on both of there teams they love it lots of practices and extra training included in price. i do have a 2029 that will be trying out come July as we have heard great things about the direction this program is headed in. Heard they also have a new girls director coming in from another club to help really get things rolling. i hear they are putting a lot in to the girls side. I only know what we are told from our friends but they love it at Igloo . Hope this helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have friends that have daughters on both of there teams they love it lots of practices and extra training included in price. i do have a 2029 that will be trying out come July as we have heard great things about the direction this program is headed in. Heard they also have a new girls director coming in from another club to help really get things rolling. i hear they are putting a lot in to the girls side. I only know what we are told from our friends but they love it at Igloo . Hope this helps

Igloo is a nice program...but if your daughter is a top player you should look at the better programs so your daughter is playing with better players. Igloo put a few players on "scholarship" at the 30' age to attempt to build a decent team. I anticipate the same will be done for 29'. These better players/families will learn fast that it's not in their best interest to stay with a B level type program. The director coming club hops chasing $$ so good luck with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so what would you suggest Jesters .........:0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Nassau? Yes, if they are a better player. Other options exist in Suffolk

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Nassau? Yes, if they are a better player. Other options exist in Suffolk

For those looking to not travel far there is liberty which is majority of north shore nassau kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no Nassau teams (other than Tradition) ranked above the Nassau YJ team. Jesters and Liberty are not noteworthy programs in the 2029 year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no Nassau teams (other than Tradition) ranked above the Nassau YJ team. Jesters and Liberty are not noteworthy programs in the 2029 year.

Who coaches YJ Nassau team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Nassau is awful, who are you kidding ? Horrible coaching and the team hasn't developed in the last 3 years .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2029 YJ Nassau is Mills

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where does jesters practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Nassau is awful, who are you kidding ? Horrible coaching and the team hasn't developed in the last 3 years .

The initial comment was that there is no Nassau team ranked higher than YJ Nassau (Mills) other than Tradition. This remains fact without anyone's rhetoric. The rankings are available for everyone to see at USCLax.

But aside from the straight facts in the rankings, YJ Mills has a history of beating the YJ B team. They've also done well in out of state tournaments where the A bracket winners face the B bracket winners in playoffs.

I'm interested in which Nassau teams you feel are superior to YJ Nassau.

Here are the current rankings of the Nassau Teams as they fall on the USCL National rankings:

#12- Tradition Blue- an A team
#42- YJ Mills- a B team
#55- Jesters Black- an A team
#57- 91 Thunder- a B team
#108- Jesters Pink- a B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when are tryouts for yj, 91 and TG this summer? Any specific dates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG tryouts are 7/22
91 girls tryouts are last week in July
YJ is usually in August

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The initial comment was that there is no Nassau team ranked higher than YJ Nassau (Mills) other than Tradition. This remains fact without anyone's rhetoric. The rankings are available for everyone to see at USCLax.

But aside from the straight facts in the rankings, YJ Mills has a history of beating the YJ B team. They've also done well in out of state tournaments where the A bracket winners face the B bracket winners in playoffs.

I'm interested in which Nassau teams you feel are superior to YJ Nassau.

Here are the current rankings of the Nassau Teams as they fall on the USCL National rankings:

#12- Tradition Blue- an A team
#42- YJ Mills- a B team
#55- Jesters Black- an A team
#57- 91 Thunder- a B team
#108- Jesters Pink- a B team

Oh so now you're resorting to ranking just Nassau teams ? Wow that's a whole different level of ridiculous. Give me a break

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so now you're resorting to ranking just Nassau teams ? Wow that's a whole different level of ridiculous. Give me a break

Next time I’ll provide the rankings for the entire tri-state area in response to a discussion that began with a parent looking for a team limited to Nassau county.

I also didn’t rank anyone. I regurgitated the USCL rankings. And the number beside each team is their National ranking not their “just Nassau” ranking.

I’m also not sure how providing direct, isolated, relevant, straight facts is “resorting” to anything. Would it make you feel better if I added your kid’s team to this list or something? Tell me where it fits in and I’ll add it.

Would it have hurt to read up a few comments to see that this list was a direct response to a line of questioning and conversation about Nassau teams exclusively?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would it make you feel better if I added your kid’s team to this list or something?

This is awesome. I just envision the five ranked Nassau teams on a list with some random team from another region tacked onto the bottom of it (or even to the top of it).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But , but , but .....if the grass was green and the sky is blue 91 would win more games . Ludicrous. I will tell you what happened over there at 91. Parents were sold a bag of goods based on the 91 boys successful program . Promised they will be as good as the boys . But failed to mention that they aren't considered not will they ever be a good girls club. They also failed to mention that the yellow jackets are the top dog on long island as well as one of the top programs in the northeast . So parents that are now 3 years in with that 91 team are grasping at straws to make the team sound better . They aren't . The yellow jackets teams are now full and the 91 parents are in panic mode looking for every and any reason to prop up a bad decision made by them

Dude. If they are unhappy at 91 they can leave and take ylj spots. You don’t think kids leave clubs and move and can take other kids spots. Full or not? In a hot second. No one is panicking. Maybe ylj parents should. And you should rethink your strategy. Bc unless your kid is top 2 on a team you are at risk. Actually anyone can be replaced if the talent is better. Coaches don’t care if you have been there since you are 7.
Agree with the above. Lots of talent on the 91 team. Some of the best girls on LI. Seems like alot of 91 haters out of jealousy!!

Yes everyone is jealous of a team that is 0-20 playing out of state teams lol...typical 91 parent

oh no!! we were finally talking about something besides 91

It’s pretty clear the parent on here bashing 91 has a kid on the esm / yj team based on the esm Instagram. Might even have some stake in yj the way they worship it. I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with an organization their child doesn’t even play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with an organization their child doesn’t even play on.

Perhaps look within? You’re stalking opponents’ youth PAL instagram pages to try to make these types of connections. That’s just odd. Perhaps just watch your kid play lacrosse and cheer a bit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with an organization their child doesn’t even play on.

Perhaps look within? You’re stalking opponents’ youth PAL instagram pages to try to make these types of connections. That’s just odd. Perhaps just watch your kid play lacrosse and cheer a bit?

Nope, I live locally that’s why I follow it. The connection is pretty obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s pretty clear the parent on here bashing 91 has a kid on the esm / yj team based on the esm Instagram. Might even have some stake in yj the way they worship it. I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with an organization their child doesn’t even play on.

This might be the oddest attempt at doxxing that I’ve ever seen on the internet. I bit the hook and found the insta page to see if this comment here was as loonie as I thought it might be. Spoiler alert: it is as loonie as I thought it was.

This post here comes across as fragile and desperate and I’m not sure if everyone is supposed to go grab their pitchforks because you found a PAL team congratulating themselves for beating what they presume to be Team 91. That’s the comment that you’re attributing to everything you’ve seen on this forum? That “pretty clear” realization you had sounds a lot more like slander than “Eureka” to me. Koo Koo

Take the high road and give it a rest. This forum went a dozen posts without anyone mentioning your team and you’re still brewing. This site is doing you no good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, I live locally that’s why I follow it. The connection is pretty obvious.

Just curious, when you report these "findings" back to Team 91, do the parents there ever step in and tell you that it's not really okay to follow the PAL Youth Lacrosse team of a nearby team full of 11 year olds and younger that you are not part of? Do you go to the games too or have they told you that you're not allowed within a certain number of feet of the school? People think the van is full of candy and puppies, but it's really just surveillance equipment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice that this year's indoor winter leagues were LOADED with teams misrepresenting their membership? I can understand a team needing a fill-in goalie or recruiting a younger girl from their PAL program to "play up," but there were lots of teams filling their gaps with star players from travel programs. I don't take winter (or PAL) too seriously, but I'm wondering if this practice is going to leak over into the Spring season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman is the best team on long island by miles....everyone else are just pretending to be good beating sub par teams while Friedman is taking on the best of Maryland/Jersey etc.....no one else comes close on long island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and No. The winter league was privately run and while it was geared to town teams, as you know at times travel teammates were used to fill in. Coaches had to reserve a spot in the league ahead of time without knowing conflicts in the girl’s schedules. I guess it was easier to ask a travel teammate if they were available to play than have a younger girl play up.
As far as Suffolk Girls Lacrosse (only boys are PAL) you might see some players play for other towns only if their own town does not field a team for their age. There are only 17 towns which fielded 6th grade teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to YJ adding another 2029 team? Makes sense to me since both B teams have too many players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to YJ adding another 2029 team? Makes sense to me since both B teams have too many players.

The A team has 25 players, The B teams have 25 (Suffolk) and 21 (Nassau) players. It probably depends on who you ask about whether or not this is truly "too many" players. There's lots of factors going into this, including coaches that want to carry a large roster (or don't), directors that want to make a lot of money, elimination of "dead weight," and families that feel slighted about traveling to Maryland and watching their daughter ride the bench. The current older girl rosters on YJ are a tad bit smaller than 25, but YJ notoriously runs (in the past at least) several teams with a large roster and benches kids. Saw it with my older girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, now the bickering can finally end. YJ Friedman vs. Team91, Saturday, 8 am at Stony Brook. Should be a lot of fun to watch. A lot of talented girls on each team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait to hear the excuses after Friedman spanks team 91 . The teams aren't even close . Friedman top dog on long island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The A team has 25 players, The B teams have 25 (Suffolk) and 21 (Nassau) players. It probably depends on who you ask about whether or not this is truly "too many" players. There's lots of factors going into this, including coaches that want to carry a large roster (or don't), directors that want to make a lot of money, elimination of "dead weight," and families that feel slighted about traveling to Maryland and watching their daughter ride the bench. The current older girl rosters on YJ are a tad bit smaller than 25, but YJ notoriously runs (in the past at least) several teams with a large roster and benches kids. Saw it with my older girls.

Wait, these are 12 year olds… they seriously bench kids with zero PT? And parents go to MD? I call BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they never played each other how are you so certain yj will win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sure the girls are very talented on friedman but the parents have the IQ of a lewins farm pumpkin. Hahahaha..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait to hear the excuses after Friedman spanks team 91 . The teams aren't even close . Friedman top dog on long island
Friedman will lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they never played each other how are you so certain yj will win.

Sure they have. And it's been close games each time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, these are 12 year olds… they seriously bench kids with zero PT? And parents go to MD? I call BS

That's the reputation of the program overall. I can't comment on whether or not that happens with 12 year olds. I saw it happen with large YJ rosters a few years ago at the high school level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get the tissues ready....I'm sure there will be some players and parents needing some.tiaaues when they don't get playing time for team 91. They want to win this one badly and as has been witnessed in Maryland , there will be some girls on the sidelines not touching the field .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the reputation of the program overall. I can't comment on whether or not that happens with 12 year olds. I saw it happen with large YJ rosters a few years ago at the high school level.

Most teams are no longer pay to play at any age. Best players play. That's how it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, now the bickering can finally end. YJ Friedman vs. Team91, Saturday, 8 am at Stony Brook. Should be a lot of fun to watch. A lot of talented girls on each team.

I just want to commend you for your approach. I think it captures the spirit of what competition should look like at this level. There's no insults, no criticisms of the girls, just excitement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just want to commend you for your approach. I think it captures the spirit of what competition should look like at this level. There's no insults, no criticisms of the girls, just excitement.

I agree with this. It is sad that coaches and some parents are trying to create a hostile rivalry when there does not need to be. There are many talented girls on both teams and in the not too distant future might be school or even club teammates. The girls just want to play the game they love, they do not have to equate this particular game as "going to war" or any other nonsense like that. Some might placing this much emphasis on winning at all costs since ultimately it can affect the business and the bottom line as parents have other club choices around. But these are 11 and 12 year old girls who just want to learn and play the game.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard