BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Conference champs, rings every year, top 3 academic school, sunny Cali. LOL haters! Pretty sure what you say can also be said for Duke, Virginia and ND. Stanford on par with them. None of them winning the natty, but have lots to offer outside lax. Everyone wants to be a critic!"

Sorry but not on par with any of those teams when speaking about womens lacrosse.
Stanford could beat ND

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Conference champs, rings every year, top 3 academic school, sunny Cali. LOL haters! Pretty sure what you say can also be said for Duke, Virginia and ND. Stanford on par with them. None of them winning the natty, but have lots to offer outside lax. Everyone wants to be a critic!"

Sorry but not on par with any of those teams when speaking about womens lacrosse.

Why not? What have Notre Dame and Duke or even Virginia done in the past 5 or 6 years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Have not noticed anyone "constantly bragging about Stanford". Stanford lost to Virginia, last time I checked Virginia is one of the 10 best programs out there so not the end of the world.

I could care less about Stanford, I didn't go there, none of my kids go there or plan to go there and my kids have never played against Stanford but there is no denying that it is a great school with a very good women's lacrosse program.

As usual, the animus is based on jealousy, bitterness, envy or a feeling of inferiority.

Great school, good program. Not winning the National Championship anytime soon but trying to knock them is just foolish. As the previous post pointed out, Stanford is one of the Top 20 or so programs and with the exception of the usual suspects you would be hard pressed to find more than 20-25 programs that consistently outperform The Cardinal.

So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?

Just my guess but I do not believe the players or the parents of the players who choose Stanford put lacrosse above academics.
Virginia is not a top 10 program. UNC, BC, MD, CUSE, NW, FL, STONY BROOK, JMU, DUKE, RUTGERS, LAYOLA are all better programs than UVA. I can go on and name 4 more ACC schools before i get to UVA. They are fringe top 25 at best. Stanford is a perenial underachiever. They get comparable talent to teams like FL and Duke yet they are the worst of the three. I'd argue they are prob 6th in terms of overall talent. Behind UNC BC MD CUSE and NW. Yet they can't even sniff the secound round of the NCAA tourney. Stanford is a "good" lacrosse program in name only because it sure isn't for their lacrosse prowess. Wake me up when they actually do anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on people. It’s a lax forum. Obviously Stanford is a top school. They don’t bode serve to be ranked top 20. But neither do other teams. Rankings are a joke. Just look at Jacksonville and UVA this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on people. It’s a lax forum. Obviously Stanford is a top school. They don’t bode serve to be ranked top 20. But neither do other teams. Rankings are a joke. Just look at Jacksonville and UVA this year.

Jacksonville just had a very close game with #7 Rutgers and UVA is 2-0 beating #9 Stanford and neither team is top 20? Neither is in the top tier of women’s lacrosse but not in the top 20 isn’t accurate either.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Have not noticed anyone "constantly bragging about Stanford". Stanford lost to Virginia, last time I checked Virginia is one of the 10 best programs out there so not the end of the world.

I could care less about Stanford, I didn't go there, none of my kids go there or plan to go there and my kids have never played against Stanford but there is no denying that it is a great school with a very good women's lacrosse program.

As usual, the animus is based on jealousy, bitterness, envy or a feeling of inferiority.

Great school, good program. Not winning the National Championship anytime soon but trying to knock them is just foolish. As the previous post pointed out, Stanford is one of the Top 20 or so programs and with the exception of the usual suspects you would be hard pressed to find more than 20-25 programs that consistently outperform The Cardinal.

So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?

Just my guess but I do not believe the players or the parents of the players who choose Stanford put lacrosse above academics.
Virginia is not a top 10 program. UNC, BC, MD, CUSE, NW, FL, STONY BROOK, JMU, DUKE, RUTGERS, LAYOLA are all better programs than UVA. I can go on and name 4 more ACC schools before i get to UVA. They are fringe top 25 at best. Stanford is a perenial underachiever. They get comparable talent to teams like FL and Duke yet they are the worst of the three. I'd argue they are prob 6th in terms of overall talent. Behind UNC BC MD CUSE and NW. Yet they can't even sniff the secound round of the NCAA tourney. Stanford is a "good" lacrosse program in name only because it sure isn't for their lacrosse prowess. Wake me up when they actually do anything.

Please enlighten us and name the other 4 ACC schools after UNC, BC, Cuse and Duke that are better than UVA. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please enlighten us and name the other 4 ACC schools after UNC, BC, Cuse and Duke that are better than UVA. Thanks
More importantly, where or what is LAYOLA? I thought that was an Eric Clapton song...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on actual results and "Final Ranking" 2016 - 2022 (excluding 2020) there are 9 programs that "finished" the season ranked in the top 20 every year.

They are:

Every year:

- Maryland
- North Carolina
- Boston College
- Northwestern
- Syracuse
- Stony Brook
- Florida
- Princeton (did not compete in 2021)
- Virginia

5 of 6 years:

- JMU
- Notre Dame
- Penn (did not compete in 2021)

4 of 6 years:

- Loyola
- Stanford
- Denver
- USC

3 of 6 years:

- Penn State
- Duke
- Umass
- Colorado
- Navy
- Hopkins

The above is not my opinion, it is based on actual results.

Maybe going forward things will change but based on performance the above are the top programs. Winning a game or beating a particular team on a given year does not define a program, nor does being Ranked 1 or 2 years or being ranked during the season only to drop out at the end of the season.

Some programs may be falling off and others may be up and coming but the above are the Top Programs.

Virginia is one of Top 10 Programs... that doesn't mean they are a Top 10 team every year but they are always Top 20 (only 8 other programs can say that). Maybe not going forward... Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stanford-obessed-hater is also active on the LaxFan board, posting all the time as watcherinthewoods. He/she says the same things over and over, really vitriolic and over the top critical of the head coach. Please give it a rest, as 99.9% of kids who had the top grades and athletics to play at Stanford would jump at the chance. When I come across people with this much resentment I feel sorry for them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – February 13

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 North Carolina (1 - 0) 597 (21) 1
2 Maryland (1 - 0) 569 (3) 2
3 Boston College (1 - 0) 557 3
4 Syracuse (1 - 0) 531 5
5 Northwestern (0 - 1) 495 4
6 Stony Brook (0 - 0) 480 6
7 Florida (1 - 0) 464 7
8 Rutgers (1 - 0) 407 8
9 Loyola (0 - 0) 378 10
10 Denver (2 - 0) 377 9
11 Duke (1 - 0) 369 11
12 James Madison (0 - 1) 343 12
13 Virginia (2 - 0) 329 13
14 Notre Dame (1 - 0) 255 16
15 Stanford (0 - 1) 240 14
16 Princeton (0 - 0) 229 15
17 Michigan (1 - 1) 226 17
18 Johns Hopkins (1 - 0) 195 20
19 Jacksonville (0 - 2) 164 19
20 USC (0 - 1) 152 18
21 Richmond (1 - 0) 105 22
22 Yale (0 - 0) 98 21
23 UMass (1 - 0) 59 23
24 Louisville (1 - 1) 55 NR
25 Vanderbilt (1 - 1) 38 NR
RV Uconn, Ohio State, Towson, Temple, Penn State

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Division I

Offensive Player of the Week

Meaghan Tyrrell – Syracuse University

Tyrrell played a role in eight of No. 4 Syracuse's 16 goals in its season-opening win over No. 4 Northwestern. She recorded a game-high eight points on two goals and a career-best six assists. After the Wildcats tied the score at 14-14, Tyrrell assisted on a goal and then scored her second of the day to put the game out of reach.

Defensive Player of the Week

Meghan Ball – Rutgers University

Ball helped No. 8 Rutgers to a 9-7 comeback victory over No. 19 Jacksonville. She tallied four caused turnovers and anchored a defense that has allowed seven or fewer goals in three wins against ranked opponents dating back to last season. She currently sits at 98 career caused turnovers.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Division II

Offensive Player of the Week

Caroline Gastonguay – Rollins College

Gastonguay recorded a career-high 10 points in No. 10 Rollins' 13-8 win over Limestone. Her four goal, six assist performance led the way for the Tars offense, while also contributing six ground balls and three caused turnovers in the fight. Rollins is now 2-0 on the season and will face No. 5 Grand Valley State on Friday.

Defensive Player of the Week

Clara Andrews – McKendree University

Andrews registered 18 saves on 27 shots faced in McKendree’s first win against a nationally ranked opponent since 2018 this past Sunday. The Bearcats defeated No. 24 Davenport, 12-9.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Stanford-obessed-hater is also active on the LaxFan board, posting all the time as watcherinthewoods. He/she says the same things over and over, really vitriolic and over the top critical of the head coach. Please give it a rest, as 99.9% of kids who had the top grades and athletics to play at Stanford would jump at the chance. When I come across people with this much resentment I feel sorry for them.

Lmao. Appears you are obsessed with watcherinthewoods.842YVv

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? What have Notre Dame and Duke or even Virginia done in the past 5 or 6 years?

These are the facts Stanford is something like 1-7 when playing ACC teams over the last 5-6 years. They have gone 0-4 against UVA being outscored 61-38 ( Did the math in my head so may be wrong but close) , Saying they are on par with teams that when they play against them have a winning percentage of 14 % seems like a bit of a stetch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Virginia is not a top 10 program. UNC, BC, MD, CUSE, NW, FL, STONY BROOK, JMU, DUKE, RUTGERS, LAYOLA are all better programs than UVA. I can go on and name 4 more ACC schools before i get to UVA. They are fringe top 25 at best. Stanford is a perenial underachiever. They get comparable talent to teams like FL and Duke yet they are the worst of the three. I'd argue they are prob 6th in terms of overall talent. Behind UNC BC MD CUSE and NW. Yet they can't even sniff the secound round of the NCAA tourney. Stanford is a "good" lacrosse program in name only because it sure isn't for their lacrosse prowess. Wake me up when they actually do anything."

Wow how longwinded and clueless. To say UVA is a fringe top 25 at best is just ignorant of any facts, There is an argument to say fringe top 10 but even that would be difficult,
Based on actual results and "Final Ranking" 2016 - 2022 (excluding 2020) there are 9 programs that "finished" the season ranked in the top 20 every year.

They are:

Every year:

- Maryland
- North Carolina
- Boston College
- Northwestern
- Syracuse
- Stony Brook
- Florida
- Princeton (did not compete in 2021)
- Virginia

I could be wrong but also believe they hold the longest streak of making the NCAA tournament of any team.
At least have some facts to back up your ridiculous point of view. If your argument is that they are not a top 10 team this year I would say you are probably correct but we will just have to wait and see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long to Clemson becomes a top 25 team every year. They totally went in the opposite direction of South Florida. I think South Florida had 19 20,24 commits and 20 2023 commits for next year Clemson has 19 transfers. should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long to Clemson becomes a top 25 team every year. They totally went in the opposite direction of South Florida. I think South Florida had 19 20,24 commits and 20 2023 commits for next year Clemson has 19 transfers. should be interesting.

Clemson did not challenge themselves with any out of conference games we will have to see them play some conference games. Pittsburgh had a nice first season last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On bth the mens and woman’s side, it is hard to watch a game without seeing the transfers get all the limelight. It’s very sad that the kids that were actually recruited are not even getting a chance to play. System is broken and it is an embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are the facts Stanford is something like 1-7 when playing ACC teams over the last 5-6 years. They have gone 0-4 against UVA being outscored 61-38 ( Did the math in my head so may be wrong but close) , Saying they are on par with teams that when they play against them have a winning percentage of 14 % seems like a bit of a stetch.

Boston College is 2 - 14 vs Maryland and 6 - 21 vs North Carolina...

Syracuse is 2 - 23 vs Maryland and 6 - 11 vs North Carolina...

Syracuse and Boston College are not on par with the top programs...

:-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 25? No point.... there is not enough parity in the sport yet. Stick to Top 20.

As for Clemson being Top 20 every year? Don't see it happening any time soon. There just isn't enough talent to go around. There are some really good/great schools with a lot to offer that have been playing women's lacrosse for a long time and very few have been able to compete with the Top 20 on a regular basis. If you can not bring in the talent it is hard to compete with the programs that do. The top programs seem to bring in the top talent year after year that is why they consistently outperform all of the other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On bth the mens and woman’s side, it is hard to watch a game without seeing the transfers get all the limelight. It’s very sad that the kids that were actually recruited are not even getting a chance to play. System is broken and it is an embarrassment.
have one more year to deal with this. 2024 will be the last of Covid extra year grads/transfers. there are many 21's and 22's that not getting the playing time they normally would have. the good coaches will find a way to get them some time so they are ready when they are needed after 2024.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue isn't the covid year, its the transfer portal which makes it way too easy to jump ship and head to another school. Get recruited, think you are replacing a graduating senior and a handful of junior transfers show up. If you want to transfer you should have to sit out a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue isn't the covid year, its the transfer portal which makes it way too easy to jump ship and head to another school. Get recruited, think you are replacing a graduating senior and a handful of junior transfers show up. If you want to transfer you should have to sit out a year.

That’s how it always used to be. They stopped that a few years ago. I see the argument on both sides. But it [Censored] regardless. Gotta be honest, I’m surprised USF didn’t go the Clemson, Pittsburgh route.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone must’ve been on the debate team in college. 😁

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s how it always used to be. They stopped that a few years ago. I see the argument on both sides. But it [Censored] regardless. Gotta be honest, I’m surprised USF didn’t go the Clemson, Pittsburgh route.
its a lot easier to get a transfer to come to Clemson or Pitt than USF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its a lot easier to get a transfer to come to Clemson or Pitt than USF.

Yeah but that’s not why. I believe McCord said she wanted to build from the ground up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your pathetic attempt to go back to wooden sticks is as transparent as to who you are . Again it was in response to the poster specifically stating the past 5-6 years . If you want to go back that far than one of those teams you put Stanford on the same level as has won as many national championships as UNC and BC . So strange how you skipped the past 5-6 year comment in your other Stanford buddies post .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your pathetic attempt to go back to wooden sticks is as transparent as to who you are . Again it was in response to the poster specifically stating the past 5-6 years . If you want to go back that far than one of those teams you put Stanford on the same level as has won as many national championships as UNC and BC . So strange how you skipped the past 5-6 year comment in your other Stanford buddies post .

What is strange and pathetic is your obsession with Stanford and your foolish attempts to bash them. We all know why you do it, it would be funny if it were not so sad.

Maybe this will help ease the pain: the players who are fortunate enough to receive and accept an offer from a school like Stanford prioritize academics above lacrosse. Obviously the parents have different priorities than you as well. I'm sure the majority of players at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Penn, Northwestern, Duke, Vanderbilt, Hopkins, Brown, Dartmouth etc... could have all elected to attend a different school... Maybe they did not receive an offer from Maryland but I am pretty sure that they're okay with that.

Your comments and repeated attempts to knock Stanford idiotic at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The :-) face at the end of the post that you are responding to is apparently not the only thing lost on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching Clemson play Furman right now with my daughters. I am shocked how bad they are. They can’t even complete a pass in transition down the field. I think our club team would beat Furman. This team was ranked in the 60s last year. Just shows you how the level of play is once you get out of say the top 30.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is strange and pathetic is your obsession with Stanford and your foolish attempts to bash them. We all know why you do it, it would be funny if it were not so sad.

Maybe this will help ease the pain: the players who are fortunate enough to receive and accept an offer from a school like Stanford prioritize academics above lacrosse. Obviously the parents have different priorities than you as well. I'm sure the majority of players at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Penn, Northwestern, Duke, Vanderbilt, Hopkins, Brown, Dartmouth etc... could have all elected to attend a different school... Maybe they did not receive an offer from Maryland but I am pretty sure that they're okay with that.

Have not been bashing Stanford at all other than to say their top 10 ranking in a preseason poll was in my opinion too high . Then you and your Stanford friends got your panties in a bunch and make statements with no facts to back them up. " Please give it a rest, as 99.9% of kids who had the top grades and athletics to play at Stanford would jump at the chance. " Typical Stanford dad post, there are plenty of players who could have gone to Stanford but elected not to , who knows maybe there are actual players who enjoy their families enough that they prefer to stay closer to home. Your kids decision makes sense .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just wondering how common this is:
(Please understand that I don’t want to give away too many identifying details)
My daughter is a 23 who is committed to a good school.
The recruiting class have had a few events where they got to meet and socialize. The problem is is that there is one girl amongst the recruits is who likes to stir-the-drama.
She has repeatedly purposefully excluded some of the recruits more than once so it’s not an oversight. (I mean as a parent I would seriously notice and have a talk with my kid) Just plain mean and juvenile. This has left some of these girls confused and hurt. It’s not like these girls are standard shy wallflowers, they are awesome kids!
I was just hoping that this kind of behavior goes away in college or it’s not the big deal it is while in high school. I keep telling my daughter to brush it off and that if the coach ever found out that this girl would be a big target.. Also the older girls would probably relish the opportunity to put this girl in her place. I just want this behavior to be not such a big deal as they get older. They are supposed to be a team.

Toxic classmates can ruin a kids time at school. If all of the other girls are on the same page nip this in the bud . Call it out as nicely as positive shine a light on it now don’t sit back and wait until they are on campus. If one or two girls are left out of plans or a group chat say “ that was a mistake” and add the others to the plan or gc. Don’t allow this one girl to be a negative leader.

It goes the other way as well, sometimes the majority of the team doesn't want to be around a girl because she is the one that is toxic. People should not be forced to spend time outside of "team stuff, practice, games, lift etc..." with nasty people. I would imagine that in elementary school, middle school and HS these kids bullied, put down and tried to exclude kids but once they get to college they are the one that people do not want to associate with. I'm sure the parents that raise these nasty kids will be making phone calls in college as well.

By the time they are in college most girls mature and become more confident. The "toxic" girls are the girls that others do not want to be around. They are not left out, they isolate themselves with selfish, obnoxious, dishonest behavior. In short, nobody wants to spend time with them because of the behavior that they have demonstrated. Their teammates make it very clear that they do not enjoy their company but sadly these girls and their parents do not get it.

My advice would be to just let things unfold, most people will come to the same conclusion as to who the toxic girls are. Of course the toxic ones and their parents will never see it or maybe they just will not admit it to themselves. Just be prepared for the phone calls....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thursday night games...

Army vs Jacksonville

Northwestern vs Notre Dame

Going with both Army and Northwestern winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have not been bashing Stanford at all other than to say their top 10 ranking in a preseason poll was in my opinion too high . Then you and your Stanford friends got your panties in a bunch and make statements with no facts to back them up. " Please give it a rest, as 99.9% of kids who had the top grades and athletics to play at Stanford would jump at the chance. " Typical Stanford dad post, there are plenty of players who could have gone to Stanford but elected not to , who knows maybe there are actual players who enjoy their families enough that they prefer to stay closer to home. Your kids decision makes sense .

Yes, you are correct. It does make a lot of sense to pick a school ranked 3 in the country over one ranked 20-50. It also makes sense to pick a school where you will play on a top 20 team who wins their conference every year while playing lacrosse In beautiful weather for the most part. Come to think about it, a degree from Stanford turns heads. It’s just not the same as graduating from BC, NC, MD, Cuse. Those schools are ranked higher in lacrosse yes, but you trade off the academics for that. There is no future in lacrosse. It’s a fun sport to play for 4 years, but then life goes on. There is really only one school that is perennially ranked a top lax and academic school and that is Northwestern. Everyone else needs to consider the pros and cons of choosing a top academic good lacrosse vs. good academic great lacrosse. If a girl has these choices she is very lucky. But also remember you do need the grades to even get the opportunity to consider choosing a school like Stanford, Duke, Princeton, Penn where you get top 20 lacrosse paired with elite academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, you are correct. It does make a lot of sense to pick a school ranked 3 in the country over one ranked 20-50. It also makes sense to pick a school where you will play on a top 20 team who wins their conference every year while playing lacrosse In beautiful weather for the most part. Come to think about it, a degree from Stanford turns heads. It’s just not the same as graduating from BC, NC, MD, Cuse. Those schools are ranked higher in lacrosse yes, but you trade off the academics for that. There is no future in lacrosse. It’s a fun sport to play for 4 years, but then life goes on. There is really only one school that is perennially ranked a top lax and academic school and that is Northwestern. Everyone else needs to consider the pros and cons of choosing a top academic good lacrosse vs. good academic great lacrosse. If a girl has these choices she is very lucky. But also remember you do need the grades to even get the opportunity to consider choosing a school like Stanford, Duke, Princeton, Penn where you get top 20 lacrosse paired with elite academics.

Kinda take it further, what’s the difference between playing on a team that wins say a conference like the big south and a top 10 team. Probably only one more game a year. They get knocked out after two games instead of one. 🤷🏻‍♂️. I agree. Go for the best school. But, that doesn’t mean Stanford is overrated as a lacrosse program, which it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should say that doesn't mean Stanford isn't overrated as a lacrosse program. Which it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not lump BC in with schools like MD; they are not on the same level, academically-speaking. you want to prove your point on Stanford, go ahead, but don’t make broad generalizations on other institutions. If you want to hold Stanford apart from other schools, you should afford BC the same respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not lump BC in with schools like MD; they are not on the same level, academically-speaking. you want to prove your point on Stanford, go ahead, but don’t make broad generalizations on other institutions. If you want to hold Stanford apart from other schools, you should afford BC the same respect.

Well, Boston College is ranked closer to The University of Maryland than it is to Stanford in terms of academic ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should say that doesn't mean Stanford isn't overrated as a lacrosse program. Which it is.

Overrated according to who? You?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a fit for everyone, many great opportunities for our daughters.

Schools that combine Top 20 academic & Top 20 Lacrosse:

Lacrosse Ranking below...

University - year.....2015.......2016.......2017.....2018.....2019....2021.....2022

Northwestern:..........6.............12..........13............8...........4.........4...........4

Princeton:................9.............18..........7..........10.........6.........DNP..........9

Penn:......................13............9...........12.........12........14........DNP........ NR

Notre Dame:...........14............7...........18.........NR.......9............6...........17

Stanford:................16...........10..........NR........16........NR.........16..........19

Duke:.......................4............11.........NR.........NR........NR........8...........13

Hopkins:.................17...........16..........NR.........NR.........NR......17..........20

Looks like even when Duke, Stanford, Hopkins, Notre Dame are not ranked in the Top 20 they are pretty competitive and close. Maybe "others receiving votes"...

Average Ranking - used a rank of 25 for the years not ranked...

Northwestern - 7
Princeton - 9
Penn - 14
Notre Dame - 13
Stanford - 18
Duke - 15
Hopkins - 20

Obviously there are other Top 20 academic schools as well as Top 20 lacrosse schools but the ones listed above seem to be the ones that are most consistently Top 20 Lacrosse that are also Top 20 academic.

If Stanford is so overrated, please tell us the schools / lacrosse programs that Stanford is "overrated" ahead of.

Sorry, just don't see it. Stanford is a great academic school with a very good lacrosse program. What lacrosse programs does Stanford get ranked ahead of that they should not be ranked ahead of?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard