BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,546
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2030-5th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is jesters definitely buying liberty? I heard that is a rumor.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost done - I sense a mass exodus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

definitely NOT a rumor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

definitely NOT a rumor

It has been rumored for a while. Every so often someone just have to bring it up again and again. I wonder who has to gain here by spreading the rumor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has something to gain?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has something to gain?

Would be good for liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would it be good for liberty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hearing they didn't have much of a fall/winter thus far...meanwhile jesters teams played a bunch during the fall, some are practicing a couple days per week during the winter, some teams are doing winter tourneys etc. Liberty teams may have opportunities to simply train/play more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hearing they didn't have much of a fall/winter thus far...meanwhile jesters teams played a bunch during the fall, some are practicing a couple days per week during the winter, some teams are doing winter tourneys etc. Liberty teams may have opportunities to simply train/play more

But I heard that Jesters doesn't even have enough field space for all the teams - 3-4 teams each grade. They put resources on the Black team, and that was it. High school/parent coaches for Blue/Pink/White

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters below Black is a giant money grab....4 teams at any grade level is ridiculous. No idea where they find all the sheeples to pay for that. Buying up Liberty now means 6 teams per year...good luck!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand why jesters would even buy liberty.what do they get out of it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters below Black is a giant money grab....4 teams at any grade level is ridiculous. No idea where they find all the sheeples to pay for that. Buying up Liberty now means 6 teams per year...good luck!!

Jesters as jesters without liberty is a mess right now at the older grades. Grew too fast without the ability to handle double the girls and boys teams. Not enough fields, workers, or talent. The talent pool is so watered down now that most of their teams are not very strong- maybe 2 from the whole club out of the 3-4 per age group. I don’t have a 2030 but do have a 2029 who plans to leave at the end of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters as jesters without liberty is a mess right now at the older grades. Grew too fast without the ability to handle double the girls and boys teams. Not enough fields, workers, or talent. The talent pool is so watered down now that most of their teams are not very strong- maybe 2 from the whole club out of the 3-4 per age group. I don’t have a 2030 but do have a 2029 who plans to leave at the end of the year.

Interesting viewpoint considering...26' black #4, 27' black #3, 28' black #9 in rankings...30' will be a top team too, 31's are strong...that's more than your 2 out of the whole club...their second teams at those respective age groups are rapidly improving too, especially 27' and 26' ones...the easy thing to do is leave...27's were similar to 29's a couple years back and have done a 180.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting viewpoint considering...26' black #4, 27' black #3, 28' black #9 in rankings...30' will be a top team too, 31's are strong...that's more than your 2 out of the whole club...their second teams at those respective age groups are rapidly improving too, especially 27' and 26' ones...the easy thing to do is leave...27's were similar to 29's a couple years back and have done a 180.

Jesters on here with the goon squad trying to defend themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters on here with the goon squad trying to defend themselves

If you’re not happy go find another club… that’s why all these clubs exist. But the grass isn’t always greener.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why a parent would subject their girl to the attitude, arrogance mean spiritedness of the top guns makes no sense. Their top players would have been top players on other teams. If you are looking for development then tons of options. In fact your daughter is going to develop further if she loves the experience, which she will not do at top guns. If she develops into a top player- plenty of other local options. Also here is a little secret.. go to the college coaches camp. Have the coach see her first hand, and stay in touch with follow up email. Good luck to all hope you enjoy your summers if not find another team. - you only get to raise your daughter once and it goes fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why a parent would subject their girl to the attitude, arrogance mean spiritedness of the top guns makes no sense. Their top players would have been top players on other teams. If you are looking for development then tons of options. In fact your daughter is going to develop further if she loves the experience, which she will not do at top guns. If she develops into a top player- plenty of other local options. Also here is a little secret.. go to the college coaches camp. Have the coach see her first hand, and stay in touch with follow up email. Good luck to all hope you enjoy your summers if not find another team. - you only get to raise your daughter once and it goes fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2030 is a machine, I think they've lost maybe 1-2 games in the least year, maybe to YJ and MDU only?

MDU is right there behind them. YJ is strong as well.

Either way, playing outside NY teams in those summer tournys will be huge for development.

My daughter plays for the M&D 30’s. We tied Yellow Jackets last summer. I will say the YJ defense was the toughest we’ve played against all year. It caught the M&D girls off guard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2030 is a machine, I think they've lost maybe 1-2 games in the least year, maybe to YJ and MDU only?

Either way, playing outside NY teams in those summer tournys will be huge for development.

My daughter plays for the M&D 30’s. We tied Yellow Jackets last summer. I will say the YJ defense was the toughest we’ve played against all year. It caught the M&D girls off guard

How many games did M&D 2030 lose last year? I know they went undefeated in fall, based on their social media account. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many games did M&D 2030 lose last year? I know they went undefeated in fall, based on their social media account. LOL.

YJ parent posing as M&D parent...did you really think people would believe that a 5th grade parent from Maryland is reading LI lax forum...ha. YJ is very good, but their defense was far from being the toughest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parent posing as M&D parent...did you really think people would believe that a 5th grade parent from Maryland is reading LI lax forum...ha. YJ is very good, but their defense was far from being the toughest.[/quote]

I actually am a Maryland parent 😀 was just paying a compliment to yellow jackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean I am also a MD Parent, its not fool to click on another forum, especially since this one gets about 3 X the traffic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean I am also a MD Parent, its not fool to click on another forum, especially since this one gets about 3 X the traffic.

Isn't this forum for more areas than just LI....just seems posts are monopolized by this area but it isn't exclusive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would you rank all of the Long Island 2030 teams?

Here is a list of the local teams in no particular order

YJ Babst
YJ Mullen
YJ Wilkom
Jesters Black
Jesters Pink
Jesters White
Legacy Blue
Legacy White
Top Guns Black
Top Guns Purple
Igloo
91 Fury
Laxon
Shore 2 Shore
Liberty Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Babst
YJ Mullen
YJ Wilkom
Jesters Black
Jesters Pink
Jesters White
Legacy Blue
Legacy White
Top Guns Black
Top Guns Purple
Igloo
91 Fury
Laxon
Shore 2 Shore
Liberty Black

Tradition is a very strong team also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Babst
YJ Mullen
YJ Wilkom
Jesters Black
Jesters Pink
Jesters White
Legacy Blue
Legacy White
Top Guns Black
Top Guns Purple
Igloo
91 Fury
Laxon
Shore 2 Shore
Liberty Black

YJ babst
Jesters black
Legacy blue
91, TG Black, tradition, Mullen
Igloo, Laxon

Big gap

Other than top 2 very competitive. Below those 2 good talent but need to prove it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Babst
YJ Mullen
YJ Wilkom
Jesters Black
Jesters Pink
Jesters White
Legacy Blue
Legacy White
Top Guns Black
Top Guns Purple
Igloo
91 Fury
Laxon
Shore 2 Shore
Liberty Black

YJ Babst
Jesters Black
Legacy Blue
Top Guns
Tradition
Everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. YJ Babst
2. Jesters Black
2. Legacy Blue
3. Top Guns?
4. Tradition?
5. 91
5. igloo
6. Laxon
6. Liberty Black

The Rest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are buying liberty? The Jesters are having trouble with the teams they have other than if you play on a "Black" team , Liberty has been on a downward slide for years they are running on fumes was great for a long time kudos to Danielle but she wants out and it shows. Jesters is turning into a factory a cash factory after "Black" teams ------- YJ is still tops of tops

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are buying liberty? The Jesters are having trouble with the teams they have other than if you play on a "Black" team , Liberty has been on a downward slide for years they are running on fumes was great for a long time kudos to Danielle but she wants out and it shows. Jesters is turning into a factory a cash factory after "Black" teams ------- YJ is still tops of tops

Interesting take...if someone is selling a product and people buy it, what does that tell you...clearly there is a demand (yes, parent demand) for club lacrosse. No one is forced to play anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. YJ Babst
2. Jesters Black
2. Legacy Blue
3. Top Guns?
4. Tradition?
5. 91
5. igloo
6. Laxon
6. Liberty Black

The Rest

Where do the non LI teams fall into this list? Just trying to get idea of level of play amongst these teams? I assume M&D #1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. YJ Babst
2. Jesters Black
2. Legacy Blue
3. Top Guns?
4. Tradition?
5. 91
5. igloo
6. Laxon
6. Liberty Black

The Rest

Where do the non LI teams fall into this list? Just trying to get idea of level of play amongst these teams? I assume M&D #1?

MD mom homer pick - M&D is #1, MD United is #2. Have the LI teams played ACES? Or any of the Balt, DC, VA teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. YJ Babst
2. Jesters Black
2. Legacy Blue
3. Top Guns?
4. Tradition?
5. 91
5. igloo
6. Laxon
6. Liberty Black

The Rest

MD mom homer pick - M&D is #1, MD United is #2. Have the LI teams played ACES? Or any of the Balt, DC, VA teams?

I think lots of MD vs LI games over last summer and this fall.

Jesters I know lost in Genesis Championship to MDU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of rankings would put Tradition over Legacy given their 8-4 win over Legacy Blue this past October at the Fall Queen of the Island.

1. YJ Babst
2. Jesters Black
3. Tradition
4. Legacy Blue
3. Top Guns? I have no idea haven’t seen TG play against any of the above.

Have generally seen the top 4 at the same tournaments. Not sure about TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s one thing to have a coach that yells. It’s another thing for a coach to single out and degrade players on the field. Sure, some kids can handle it. But does that make it ok. I have watched this guy demoralize children. I have seen coaches from opposing teams come up to his players after the game to console them and let them know it’s not okay for the coach to do that. Are we, as parents, so stuck on the TG name that we would let someone do this to our kids, and pay for it? You Do yourself a favor and look into this guy’s recent issues. Might explain a little.

That’s terrible. These are still 10 years old girls. I dont even think I’ve ever seen the coaches from top 3 teams at this age group react that way to these girls. I wouldn’t want my daughters confidence or self esteem destroyed by a D level team. Would suggest anyone considering joining to watch their games this coming summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when is yj tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when is yj tryouts?

Typically third week of august.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
End of july

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the Liberty Tryout flyer….. now with Jesters purple (Liberty is black grey,red) and with Jesters 2 day format. Seems like it’s a done deal…Founder prob wanted to cash out. Once a storied program but with the rise of Jesters and GC Tradition in Nassau in recent years seems like a tough lax scene for Liberty. Think Liberty should have tried to establish something on south shore a few years ago. (On a side note Legacy established a team in Florida!!!)

Nonetheless, tough culture clash tooo between North and south shore. Can’t see those north shore families and girls wanting to wear Jesters gear. different types of crowds. And just putting it out there… time for GC Tradition to open their doors to these North Shore families… more synergies wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo program will be make a huge move in the north Shore market!!!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard