BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

You can take out Alliance Cal and HHH Nationals from the list. Jesters and YJ A both belong in top-10 as they are, but i expect Jesters to dip down into back top-10.

Yes, because if a team isn't from Long Island or Maryland, they must not be any good.

No team on Long Island has a starting lineup that is even close to the quality of Alliance National. Are they deeper? probably, but if Alliance only plays its starters, they would win many more than they would lose against any of the top LI teams.

And before someone says that YJ beat Alliance 3-2 at MidAtlantic last summer, about half of Alliance's team from last summer got cut from this summer's team.

Alliance Dad has entered the chat!!.....absolutely wild comments above

One thing we can all agree on is that YJA and Jesters are the class of Long Island and would put them up against any team in the country.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

You can take out Alliance Cal and HHH Nationals from the list. Jesters and YJ A both belong in top-10 as they are, but i expect Jesters to dip down into back top-10.

Yes, because if a team isn't from Long Island or Maryland, they must not be any good.

No team on Long Island has a starting lineup that is even close to the quality of Alliance National. Are they deeper? probably, but if Alliance only plays its starters, they would win many more than they would lose against any of the top LI teams.

And before someone says that YJ beat Alliance 3-2 at MidAtlantic last summer, about half of Alliance's team from last summer got cut from this summer's team.

Ha, Alliance is an all star team. Why are we comparing them to individual club teams? Those types of teams shouldn't even be a part of rankings.

Bingo! Imagine central MD or Long Island picked the top kids and enrolled them into a tournament, of course they would dominant, but Alliance didn't even play in a big tournament (fun but not good).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing we can all agree on is that YJA and Jesters are the class of Long Island and would put them up against any team in the country.

You mean a combo? I may put Hero's/M&D combo above them, would be good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and just imagine if Long Island or Maryland created an "Alliance" team of just their best players....cmon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

haha no we definitely do NOT all agree on this....not even close. going to be a fun summer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, Alliance is an all star team. Why are we comparing them to individual club teams? Those types of teams shouldn't even be a part of rankings.

Bingo! Imagine central MD or Long Island picked the top kids and enrolled them into a tournament, of course they would dominant, but Alliance didn't even play in a big tournament (fun but not good).

You don’t follow boys Lacrosse much then. Half of the top ten are either national teams or have out of state players from multiple states.

Like it or not, this will be the norm in girls Lacrosse within four or five years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, the boys have it wrong and its a shame the girls game is going into that direction. I get why its happening and its not in the best interest of the players, but rather a way to make money and gives certain clubs another carrot to dangle in front of would be customers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know FLG's summer schedule? Are they playing in any top tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Dad here.

We played them in a 20 minute game last summer. In terms of talent, they were probably better than us at 7 or 8 positions. However, their entire offense was 2 or 3 man games and there really wasn't much "flow".

Looking at their results so far this year. They have played in 2 west coast tourneys this year and won... ZERO of them.

Until they play as a team, I don't see this changing. I could see them beating a top 5 club as a one off, but tough to win a tourney.

However, if they every start to play as a team...

I can see this being the type of team that never wins anything but has college coaches drooling because of all the raw talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Dad here.

We played them in a 20 minute game last summer. In terms of talent, they were probably better than us at 7 or 8 positions. However, their entire offense was 2 or 3 man games and there really wasn't much "flow".

Looking at their results so far this year. They have played in 2 west coast tourneys this year and won... ZERO of them.

Until they play as a team, I don't see this changing. I could see them beating a top 5 club as a one off, but tough to win a tourney.

I can see this being the type of team that never wins anything but has college coaches drooling because of all the raw talent.

Unless the players on these types of national teams leave their current clubs (which they won't), this will not become a big part of the girl's side. There's only so many good tourneys outside the big ones that it's not even worth playing for one of these teams since all you will see is inferior competition. Outside mid-atlantic, I've never seen Alliance at another decent tourney. West Coast tourneys aren't something to brag about and as YJ Dad stated, they didn't even win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Dad here.

Unless the players on these types of national teams leave their current clubs (which they won't), this will not become a big part of the girl's side. There's only so many good tourneys outside the big ones that it's not even worth playing for one of these teams since all you will see is inferior competition. Outside mid-atlantic, I've never seen Alliance at another decent tourney. West Coast tourneys aren't something to brag about and as YJ Dad stated, they didn't even win.

On the boys side, it isn't take kids leaving their clubs. It's about creating an additional A+ team to elevate competition for certain tourneys. Look at Team 91 or MadLax for boys. For team 91 national, about 10-12 kids are from the Team 91 plus they add 8 other studs from across the country. I don't know numbers on MadLax but assume it is pretty much the same model

I think it will happen slowly over time and the top 10 clubs probably won't be impacted for a while and it definitely won't impact the 2027s in the next three years .

There is a team called Maryland select which is an all-star team from 3 or 4 mid-tier Maryland clubs which will play in a few tourneys as well this summer. Last year at AU Futures my LI daughter was asked if she wanted to play on that team.

Currently on the girls side, Mad Dog Elite is also a national team, which while not great is probably a legit top 40 national team.

However, to your point before, most of the girls on Alliance National and HHH National play on other clubs. Actually there are more Mass Elite girls on HHH National than HHH girls.

Team 91 is working harder to create girls national teams as well. Could impact 29s or 30s where they actually have a decent core of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does dodging high and shooting low exactly mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does dodging high and shooting low exactly mean?

I think you mean, faking high and shooting low. It just means that shooting need to throw in some fakes to make it harder for goalies to save. This is something good shooting do and average shooters don't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. I agree with you on that -- the deception of shooting on goal, but I actually messed up the question . Was just corrected by my daughter that the coach at a clinic she attended said. The coach said she needed attackers who can dodge high and feed low. Everyone seemed to nod their head, and but she didn't know what she meant by that. So I'm asking here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the boys side, it isn't take kids leaving their clubs. It's about creating an additional A+ team to elevate competition for certain tourneys. Look at Team 91 or MadLax for boys. For team 91 national, about 10-12 kids are from the Team 91 plus they add 8 other studs from across the country. I don't know numbers on MadLax but assume it is pretty much the same model

I think it will happen slowly over time and the top 10 clubs probably won't be impacted for a while and it definitely won't impact the 2027s in the next three years .

There is a team called Maryland select which is an all-star team from 3 or 4 mid-tier Maryland clubs which will play in a few tourneys as well this summer. Last year at AU Futures my LI daughter was asked if she wanted to play on that team.

Currently on the girls side, Mad Dog Elite is also a national team, which while not great is probably a legit top 40 national team.

However, to your point before, most of the girls on Alliance National and HHH National play on other clubs. Actually there are more Mass Elite girls on HHH National than HHH girls.

Team 91 is working harder to create girls national teams as well. Could impact 29s or 30s where they actually have a decent core of talent.

That's not how it works with 91 Long Island. The 91 LI A teams have nothing to do with the 91 "National" team. They generally don't participate, they don't play, nothing. 91's National Team is a money grab, and nothing more, just like 91 Girls. 91 Boys LI 2025 Shock has players from out of state, not a bunch, but some. Some boys clubs do have real national teams, like True, Madlax, Mad Dog (not really a national team, just CA and NJ).

Unless you live in areas where there isn't much lacrosse, and everything is very spread out, national teams are just an expensive money grab.

A far better experience is something like Inside Lacrosse's IDX event where your daughter gets to play with top girls from all over, against top girls from all over. The completion is good, the experience is even better. With UA/AS, the girls don't get to play with girls from outside their region.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks. I agree with you on that -- the deception of shooting on goal, but I actually messed up the question . Was just corrected by my daughter that the coach at a clinic she attended said. The coach said she needed attackers who can dodge high and feed low. Everyone seemed to nod their head, and but she didn't know what she meant by that. So I'm asking here.

She likely means she wants attackers that are comfortable dodging from the top of the 8m arc and also can operate from behind the cage (feed cutters).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She means she wants players who can dodge from up top but keep their head up so they can feed low attackers on the crease when the slide comes. It’s called being a triple threat….ability to dodge, shoot or pass….this is what the elite players can do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes alot of sense to be a true triple threat. Dodging above the 8m and drawing the slide, only to feed low attackers. It's not all about going to goal. What threw me off was the asking of someone to actually feed it low (versus to a low attacker). What do you know, words mean something! Thanks for clearing this up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question about the LILJ winter box league in Bethpage. I noticed there were a few 27 club teams in the high school division. What's the competition level? Would it be too high for an 8th grade PAL team? Would they be better off in the middle school division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question about the LILJ winter box league in Bethpage. I noticed there were a few 27 club teams in the high school division. What's the competition level? Would it be too high for an 8th grade PAL team? Would they be better off in the middle school division?

Pretty decent skilled, but more physical than anything else. Lots of 1:1 play. More cardio than any real lax development.

Wouldn't consider a PAL team unless almost your entire roster plays on a A level club. Even the middle school division could be tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls should be required to wear helmets and equipment just like a box lacrosse setting. Very physical and many players getting smashed into the boards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez. Are there a lot of injuries?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen many serious injuries, but with the physical play and hands-off reffing its only a matter of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger, stronger girls tend to dominate in that setting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger, stronger girls tend to dominate in that setting

Small space leads to the bigger kids crushing it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Excelsior games? Anyone do it last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the first year for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was fun, but the competition was subpar at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen many serious injuries, but with the physical play and hands-off reffing its only a matter of time.

Play box or don't play box. If they aren't wearing equipment, it's not box, it is dangerous and notIntelligent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, 1st for 27', was there for 26'. Not good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk teams tend to be very good with most YJ players. Nassau teams decent with a good mix between clubs. Upstate teams tend not to send their best players so lots of very uneven games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same time as Goaliesmith, so should be good for offensive players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk teams tend to be very good with most YJ players. Nassau teams decent with a good mix between clubs. Upstate teams tend not to send their best players so lots of very uneven games.

Heard there was a smaller than expected YJ and FLG turnout for Suffolk. Did they go with one team or two?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised to hear that as apparently it’s run by YJ and FLG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non-LI parent here, is it true LI 8th graders can play for their High School? Is this typical or just superstars or places where depth is an issue?
Is this what the 8th graders mostly do in Spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know FLG's summer schedule? Are they playing in any top tourneys?

lax by sea, LLL, genesis, MD cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non-LI parent here, is it true LI 8th graders can play for their High School? Is this typical or just superstars or places where depth is an issue?
Is this what the 8th graders mostly do in Spring?

Most public school kids who play on an A level club team play with their high school team. A majority on JV and a few stars on varsity. Will obviously depends on the quality of program. There are even some 7th grades who will play

A few school districts have rules against 8th graders playing, but that is truly the exception.

Also, unlike most other states, there are no rules in place to prevent a kid from playing or practicing with their club team on Sundays and playing with their school team during the week. (I think this is insane, but it is what it is. Luckily our high school coach does not permit it, but many/most do).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the schedule for the LI Elite Spring league? What a complete joke. Not even sure I understand the point. YJA will probably win every game by 15+ if they want to.

From a club perspective, why on earth would you want your 28 B team playing your 27A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whaaaaaat? The league is amazing. Jealous h8teraid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know. I guess that’s what happens when you don’t have a high demand of teams signing up. They have to merge years and brackets. Sort of waste of time. PAL would be better.

Page 13 of 31 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard