BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the most part, it's best of time is split as evenly as possible unless the coach knows, for a fact, that a particular college coach is watching a specific player on the roster. In those kinds of cases, that player should get increased time for that game

I think you are wrong. In the fall they look for athletes and express general interest. Athletes that are average and have good skills dont get indentified. Next summer they come back and look closer at those targets, In the fall the average athletes and not elite lax players get recruited by mid to lower D1. Play your starters and top kids and make sure coaches put players in where they can be successful in front of coaches. Syracuse is not recruiting all 20+ players on your team. They need to see the best before they leave at halftime to watch other players on other clubs.

Reality is for the top schools, how you play in tourneys is less important. For them, its all about how you play at their camps. When they go to tourneys, they are pretty much just looking for girls to invite to camps.

For instance, I know every offer NW made last year was to girls who went to their camps over the past year.

Every NW 24 commit went to either their summer or winter camp. That's 100% true.

I know a girl that went to zero camps, didnt play all summer either. Recruited from last fall by the top teams.
Top teams will try for best players even if they didnt attend a camp but have a great eval of her.

I know a girl who never picked up a stick and got recruited to a top team.

The 2 girls I know of played in Maryland on the top team. One was an Acl injury and the other did no school camps. Who is the girl you know ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the good teams the b starters will do better than the a backups

happens every year yet still parents want their kids on the a bench

yeah but my kid is different yeah sure she is look at the history

I really don’t know why is better. Your kid plays on an A team and gets significant minutes. Is an offensive player and scores 4-8 goals a tournament. Your kid is a star on a B or C team playing b or c teams scoring 20 goals a tournament. I really don’t know what is better. I think the kid on either team still has to show up to a camp and play I. Front of that coach.

Varies by school. Some schools place much more emphasis on camps and prospect days than others. Generally top 20 programs play a much higher value on camps than middle tier schools. Camps tend to me much more important for Goalies and defenders (or middies recruited as defenders) than offensive players.

Best way to prep is to have your club director reach out to schools and get feedback.

As a general rule, if you know you have some interest, you should go "narrow" and focus on single school prospect days, but if you don't have confirmed interest, you should go "wider" and focus on multi-school showcases or all-star games.

Nonsense.

Sounds like a 24 parent who realizes that paying to play on an American select C team was a bad investment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really don’t know why is better. Your kid plays on an A team and gets significant minutes. Is an offensive player and scores 4-8 goals a tournament. Your kid is a star on a B or C team playing b or c teams scoring 20 goals a tournament. I really don’t know what is better. I think the kid on either team still has to show up to a camp and play I. Front of that coach.

Varies by school. Some schools place much more emphasis on camps and prospect days than others. Generally top 20 programs play a much higher value on camps than middle tier schools. Camps tend to me much more important for Goalies and defenders (or middies recruited as defenders) than offensive players.

Best way to prep is to have your club director reach out to schools and get feedback.

As a general rule, if you know you have some interest, you should go "narrow" and focus on single school prospect days, but if you don't have confirmed interest, you should go "wider" and focus on multi-school showcases or all-star games.

Nonsense.

Sounds like a 24 parent who realizes that paying to play on an American select C team was a bad investment.

Original poster. Not the case. First example

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense.

Original poster. Not the case. First example

Oops. Not OP. Mine was the second that begins I’m really not sure what is better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see 2025 finally posting even if most of the posters don’t have a clue.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part, it's best of time is split as evenly as possible unless the coach knows, for a fact, that a particular college coach is watching a specific player on the roster. In those kinds of cases, that player should get increased time for that game

I think you are wrong. In the fall they look for athletes and express general interest. Athletes that are average and have good skills dont get indentified. Next summer they come back and look closer at those targets, In the fall the average athletes and not elite lax players get recruited by mid to lower D1. Play your starters and top kids and make sure coaches put players in where they can be successful in front of coaches. Syracuse is not recruiting all 20+ players on your team. They need to see the best before they leave at halftime to watch other players on other clubs.

Reality is for the top schools, how you play in tourneys is less important. For them, its all about how you play at their camps. When they go to tourneys, they are pretty much just looking for girls to invite to camps.

For instance, I know every offer NW made last year was to girls who went to their camps over the past year.

Every NW 24 commit went to either their summer or winter camp. That's 100% true.

Maybe every commit went to their camp but every offer wasn't to girls who went to their camps. They offered girls who never went to their camps. Those girls chose other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches do not care where they see a player play. Coaches know what they like when they see it so it doesn't matter where they see it, camp, club tournament, showcase event etc... What the coaches do want to see is athletes competing against the best competition possible.

If your daughter is not one of the best players i.e. "Top 25 - 50" players in the country than it is very important to express sincere interest in the school and the lacrosse program that she is interested in. Going to a camp at a particular school might help convince the coach that you are truly interested in that school. Coaches want players who want to be a part of their program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody’s journey will be different. What works for my daughter may not be what’s best for yours. To think there is just one blueprint to this whole ridiculous recruiting process wouLd be short sighted.

Remember. It’s a business. All these camps, showcases, clinics etc. it’s a way for these coaches to get paid extra. That’s why 500 kids show up to a Duke summer camp with the coaches only having interest in About 10 kids that are there. My personal favorite is the camp store where you Venmo the Asst coach. 😁. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But it’s a business

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches want players who want to be a part of their program.

THIS.

There's a school my daughter is very interested in. Every time the coach sees her, the coach says, "Where do you want to go to school?"

Every.
Time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS.

There's a school my daughter is very interested in. Every time the coach sees her, the coach says, "Where do you want to go to school?"

Every.
Time.

Not sure if that means they take her. I hope so. My daughter loves one school. Goes to every camp they have. They know her by name and say hello when they see her at tournaments. Not sure that means they want her. If it was a lower ranked team, I would feel different. But I definitely think it helps. Who knows and if someone tells you they do, they’re full of it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS.

Every.
Time.

Not sure if that means they take her. I hope so. My daughter loves one school. Goes to every camp they have. They know her by name and say hello when they see her at tournaments. Not sure that means they want her. If it was a lower ranked team, I would feel different. But I definitely think it helps. Who knows and if someone tells you they do, they’re full of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some recruiting info if you need/want it…

1. If you are a top tier player, schools have mostly likely already reached out to your director after the fall season about any interest they may have in you as a player.
2. Before attending any camps ask your director or coach if any particular school has shown any interest. They may or may not tell you. [Censored], but it is what it is. Be selective in your camps/showcases - you can spend your whole summer and a ton of money going to camps/showcases that don’t matter to your end result.
3. How you perform on your HS team matters more than most people think. You don’t have to be the best player or on all the scoring lists but at least be a contributor. Hopefully your child is also a multi-sport athlete.
4. Visit the schools you are interested in attending before July. If you have a list of 10 try to visit at least 6-8 without any outside influence. Then gauge how you felt when you left. Every school will give you a different feeling when you leave - don’t disregard it. That feeling is your lasting impression and does matter.
5. Don’t over attend the same camps. Even if the school is interested, they already know you are more interested in them then they might be in you and it will reflect in their offer. If your parents have deep pockets it won’t matter much lol.
6. When it comes time to go on visits and take offers or if you get an offer on Sept. 1 that might not be from a school that is on your list, do not disregard and make sure you show that coach the same courtesy you would to a coach that is on your list. In some instances, a school not on your list may have done more research on you, have a higher interest and may be able to provide a better offer. You may also be a better fit and play more.
7. While athletic full scholarships are possible, don’t think they are handed out like candy. Each program might have 1-3 full athletic scholarship players on the team. Some schools will not give out any full scholarships and will base any future money on your performance and individual awards. Lacrosse programs only get 12 full scholarships that they have to spread out across 30 + players. There are ways to get other money but depends on the school.
8. Don’t brush off any coach that contacts you on Sept. 1. Make sure you respond back and be courteous even if it is to say no thank you.
9. If you don’t get recruited with the first wave. The fall is a get time to get recruited. So show up to play your best as many programs are rarely done recruiting by November. Some are barely half way done.
10. As summer tournaments approach, know that your lacrosse IQ, hard work, communication and being a good teammate can get you further then just your skill. Coaches want to know you have skill but they also want to know you can make the right play and play the game the right way.

Good luck class of 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. If you are a top tier player, schools have mostly likely already reached out to your director after the fall season about any interest they may have in you as a player.
2. Before attending any camps ask your director or coach if any particular school has shown any interest. They may or may not tell you. [Censored], but it is what it is. Be selective in your camps/showcases - you can spend your whole summer and a ton of money going to camps/showcases that don’t matter to your end result.
3. How you perform on your HS team matters more than most people think. You don’t have to be the best player or on all the scoring lists but at least be a contributor. Hopefully your child is also a multi-sport athlete.
4. Visit the schools you are interested in attending before July. If you have a list of 10 try to visit at least 6-8 without any outside influence. Then gauge how you felt when you left. Every school will give you a different feeling when you leave - don’t disregard it. That feeling is your lasting impression and does matter.
5. Don’t over attend the same camps. Even if the school is interested, they already know you are more interested in them then they might be in you and it will reflect in their offer. If your parents have deep pockets it won’t matter much lol.
6. When it comes time to go on visits and take offers or if you get an offer on Sept. 1 that might not be from a school that is on your list, do not disregard and make sure you show that coach the same courtesy you would to a coach that is on your list. In some instances, a school not on your list may have done more research on you, have a higher interest and may be able to provide a better offer. You may also be a better fit and play more.
7. While athletic full scholarships are possible, don’t think they are handed out like candy. Each program might have 1-3 full athletic scholarship players on the team. Some schools will not give out any full scholarships and will base any future money on your performance and individual awards. Lacrosse programs only get 12 full scholarships that they have to spread out across 30 + players. There are ways to get other money but depends on the school.
8. Don’t brush off any coach that contacts you on Sept. 1. Make sure you respond back and be courteous even if it is to say no thank you.
9. If you don’t get recruited with the first wave. The fall is a get time to get recruited. So show up to play your best as many programs are rarely done recruiting by November. Some are barely half way done.
10. As summer tournaments approach, know that your lacrosse IQ, hard work, communication and being a good teammate can get you further then just your skill. Coaches want to know you have skill but they also want to know you can make the right play and play the game the right way.

Good luck class of 2025

Well look at that. An informative post. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck class of 2025

Great post from someone who has clearly been through the process.

Agree with everything except point #5. Not saying you should attend every camp, but should definitely attend multiple for your top choice, ESPECIALLY their last chance camp in mid to late August.

Can't emphasis #10 enough. Multiple coaches (including my daughter's current coach (ACC) have said when they watch a game of a prospect they are interested in, 90% of what they evaluate is not skill related. (Are they supporting teammates on the bench? How do they react to a bad play? Are they looking towards their parents in the crowd? What is the team culture (both coaches and parents)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a question. Why don’t some club coaches tell you if a school is interested? I think it would be more beneficial to know if “School A, B and C” reached out therefore you can attend their camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a question. Why don’t some club coaches tell you if a school is interested? I think it would be more beneficial to know if “School A, B and C” reached out therefore you can attend their camps.

We've wondered the same thing, and have an idea why. My kid switched clubs, for the better in every aspect, this past fall. The new club has a recruiting coordinator who is also her team coach. We have been non-stop on emails, 90+ for a few tournaments, 40 or so for the rest. She has gotten looks, we've seen the coaches.

To get to the point... the first time she spoke to the club RC she was asked for a Top 10 list and what she considered her "reach" schools. One of her reach schools has an assistant that trained her from the start while she was at a school near us as an assistant coach. She knows my kid, has seen her play and train, and even coached her at a showcase in the fall.That school also has an assistant that the RC knows very well. When my daughter said that school was a reach the RC immediately went into heavy question mode about why it was considered a reach, etc. Since then, they've talked again and the RC has suggested several schools to remove from her list because they are "higher tier schools and probably have their 2025 list in her position set." But, all of these schools have been consistently ranked lower than the school she keeps bringing up and reminding her to keep on the top of her list.

Does this mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. We can only think of two reasons why the RC isn't talking but still pushing the school.... One, there is minimal interest, nothing to get excited over. Or two, there is enough interest that she doesn't want my kid to completely focus on one school and miss other potential opportunities. That's where a stand, we don't know squat about contact but we do know some of the schools that have shown up to watch her play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We've wondered the same thing, and have an idea why. My kid switched clubs, for the better in every aspect, this past fall. The new club has a recruiting coordinator who is also her team coach. We have been non-stop on emails, 90+ for a few tournaments, 40 or so for the rest. She has gotten looks, we've seen the coaches.

To get to the point... the first time she spoke to the club RC she was asked for a Top 10 list and what she considered her "reach" schools. One of her reach schools has an assistant that trained her from the start while she was at a school near us as an assistant coach. She knows my kid, has seen her play and train, and even coached her at a showcase in the fall.That school also has an assistant that the RC knows very well. When my daughter said that school was a reach the RC immediately went into heavy question mode about why it was considered a reach, etc. Since then, they've talked again and the RC has suggested several schools to remove from her list because they are "higher tier schools and probably have their 2025 list in her position set." But, all of these schools have been consistently ranked lower than the school she keeps bringing up and reminding her to keep on the top of her list.

Does this mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. We can only think of two reasons why the RC isn't talking but still pushing the school.... One, there is minimal interest, nothing to get excited over. Or two, there is enough interest that she doesn't want my kid to completely focus on one school and miss other potential opportunities. That's where a stand, we don't know squat about contact but we do know some of the schools that have shown up to watch her play.

In the same boat. Switched teams last year. All my daughter was asked for was a list of her schools in reach fit and safety categories. RC was happy with the list but she don’t tell us who is interested in and who isn’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think coaches have 2025 list of recruits set? I can’t believe that. I think they probably have ideas or who they want but you think they’ve seen everyone already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think coaches have 2025 list of recruits set? I can’t believe that. I think they probably have ideas or who they want but you think they’ve seen everyone already?

No. Talking about interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, did you see every available human being before you got married? Coaches don't compile an unlimited list of players at each position. If they only intend to take two or three middies that list isn't going to be massive. If they only intend to take one goalie that list position isn't going to be more than 6 or seven deep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they may have some super stars on their list and have some girls penciled in (want to see more), but i think there are players that will be put on their lists this summer. I think the most important recruiting time is this summer with tourneys and camps/clinics, so schedule up like it’s your job and vacation all wrapped up into one this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, did you see every available human being before you got married? Coaches don't compile an unlimited list of players at each position. If they only intend to take two or three middies that list isn't going to be massive. If they only intend to take one goalie that list position isn't going to be more than 6 or seven deep.

It won't be 6 or 7 deep in July. Probably closer to 15. Then 5 or so get contacts, maybe 2 or 3 get visits. And then an offer to the first with the next 2 on standby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It won't be 6 or 7 deep in July. Probably closer to 15. Then 5 or so get contacts, maybe 2 or 3 get visits. And then an offer to the first with the next 2 on standby

That's the point. Six or seven deep now means wasting resources to be eight, nine or ten in line. Unless there's incredible talent in the kid, they aren't suddenly going to hop others who've been to repeated camps and in front of the same coaches. That's why some need to be tossed into the reach category at this point and the majority of the effort needs to be elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the point. Six or seven deep now means wasting resources to be eight, nine or ten in line. Unless there's incredible talent in the kid, they aren't suddenly going to hop others who've been to repeated camps and in front of the same coaches. That's why some need to be tossed into the reach category at this point and the majority of the effort needs to be elsewhere.

I would assume all the kids are on the same coaches list. I know on my daughter’s team, all the kids want to go to the same schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would assume all the kids are on the same coaches list. I know on my daughter’s team, all the kids want to go to the same schools.

Every girl on the team wanting to go UNC, MD, BC etc, doesn't mean every girl is anywhere near the recruit list for those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every girl on the team wanting to go UNC, MD, BC etc, doesn't mean every girl is anywhere near the recruit list for those teams.

That’s it the schools I was talking about. But thank you Kreskin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Some recruiting info if you need/want it…

This one is too late for the 25's but a good point for 26's & 27's. GRADES MATTER SOOO MUCH IN 9th & 10th GRADE. My daughter is going to a $48k school. She got @ $16k for lacrosse but she got $22k for academics. That academic money swayed us to that school. The extra academic money could help tremendously or be a deciding factor if you are looking at a high price school (which most are). Since the recruiting is occuring in the beginning of your junior year you need your grades to already be strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Some recruiting info if you need/want it…

This one is too late for the 25's but a good point for 26's & 27's. GRADES MATTER SOOO MUCH IN 9th & 10th GRADE. My daughter is going to a $48k school. She got @ $16k for lacrosse but she got $22k for academics. That academic money swayed us to that school. The extra academic money could help tremendously or be a deciding factor if you are looking at a high price school (which most are). Since the recruiting is occuring in the beginning of your junior year you need your grades to already be strong.

30%athletic is a quality offer. Sue must be a top player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have lists, only they are not complete lists yet. My daughter has been talking to coaches via the club since November.

It's a notIntelligent game. They can't make contact until 9/1 so instead there's the middle person and the contacts happen anyway. Or, you go to the camps and they can talk to you as much as they want, as long as they don't outright "recruit" you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2024 and committed in September. Great offer from a top school on her list. I will say this you will be contacted by a couple of schools you had no idea had interest, and you will not be contacted by several that you were sure were going to make contact. My daughter plays on what would be considered one of the top clubs and this was the general consensus of the girls on our team. We were taught to follow the love and follow the money. Dont chase if interest is not there. WE did go to many camps of school she had interest in and I do think that is a big help. (if it is not a financial burden) . I do believe their is a fit for almost all of the girls that want to play in college. I think it is up to the Coaches (high school and Club) and parents to know your daughter ability and show interest in schools where her ability level is recruited.

Good Luck to all the 2025's, I can tell you my daughter enjoyed the process and I wish the same for all of your daughters.

Also email coaches and asst's of school where you have interest and give them your summer schedule, then e-mail them again on eve of the tourny. And we never said we were not interested in any school that contacted club prior to 9/1. You never know how it is going to go so leave all options open.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you had a great experience; nice to hear but the truth for most girls/boys is that it’s very stressful and you are basically on your own. Clubs have so many kids and if you are top 10 on the A team they will get incoming calls but outside of that you must put in the work/effort to help yourself get recruited and have options.
I heard one dad say that went through it s few times that ‘when it’s to late it’s too late”. Be proactive.
Word is also that college staffs have grown tired of dealing with clubs (politics and selling certain kids as porsches when they are hondas). They care alot what your HS coach says; I know for years it was all about club coach but moving back to more communication w/ HS coach.

This is one of the biggest decisions our kids will ever make in their lives; treat it like that. And do whatever you can to avoid the outside Noise!! I know it sounds fool and I always wondered Why, but parents will lie about who is recruiting their kid and all the offers they have received! Its very sad, so keep your mouth closed. worry about your kid and best of luck!! There is a home for everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the High School coach thing. I guess it depends on if you are at the top high school. But my daughter plays top 5 club and top 200 HS. They aren’t reaching out to her hs coach. I pray they don’t. He’s a buffoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the High School coach thing. I guess it depends on if you are at the top high school. But my daughter plays top 5 club and top 200 HS. They aren’t reaching out to her hs coach. I pray they don’t. He’s a buffoon.

100% My biggest fear is a coach asking the high school asking about Lax IQ and hearing "her grades are pretty good."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then again, my daughters club coaches don’t answer my daughter or her teammate’s emails either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college is reaching out to a HS coach unless that HS coach is also a well known club coach. Daughter’s coach is terrible and useless. I don’t even have a lot of faith in thr club coaches. You need to do the work and be persistent. Don’t rely on anyone to get this done for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Horrible
Directors need to know and hear complaints
Pay way to much money and all the add on money for guest/special coaches showing up at practices
Their taking advantage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your club coaches are not doing the right thing why are you paying all that money. Thats their job. Time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs that have a reputation get the window and door open. The kid has to go through the door herself. Covid is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college is reaching out to a HS coach unless that HS coach is also a well known club coach. Daughter’s coach is terrible and useless. I don’t even have a lot of faith in thr club coaches. You need to do the work and be persistent. Don’t rely on anyone to get this done for you.

I can name many times where a college coach would reach out to a high school coach before an offer was extended. Usually a 3 minute call to ask about work ethic, personal traits, etc.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard