BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is your daughter's 2024 club team playing in any Fall 2023 tourneys or is this summer their last season together? If they don't play club their senior year (and are committed) what do they do to stay ready for college?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunately the past few years there has been a college league.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is your daughter's 2024 club team playing in any Fall 2023 tourneys or is this summer their last season together? If they don't play club their senior year (and are committed) what do they do to stay ready for college?

My daughter's '24 team has 3 tournaments on the schedule for the Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her team will do a few big events in the fall, then local events like 6's. Those smaller events roll into January & February. There is also a fun weekend evening league they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the actual tournaments you guys are playing in? Most of the big tournaments won't even have a 2024 division next fall

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the actual tournaments you guys are playing in? Most of the big tournaments won't even have a 2024 division next fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Presidents Cup has a division for seniors and opportunities to play there. I think the same is true for MidAtlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Hi, what tournaments are on your Sched? What club if I may? My daughter is a D1 Commit but may attempt a jump if current club is zeroed out for Fall. She wants to play fall ball to prep for Spring 2024 LI HS - Thank you

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by cltlax

Hi, what tournaments are on your Sched? What club if I may? My daughter is a D1 Commit but may attempt a jump if current club is zeroed out for Fall. She wants to play fall ball to prep for Spring 2024 LI HS - Thank you

This summer they're playing Live, Love, Lax; Champions Cup; MidAtlantic Summer Club Championships.
Fall: Presidents Cup and 2 others TBA.

We're based in North Carolina.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not having late Summer and Fall lacrosse is a great chance to get away from their club coaches. How much value do club practices provide after all these years? Go have some fun and spend time with your daughter on what she thinks she needs to work on. She knows what needs work, recruiting is over and now may be the last chance to really enjoy time together before the college coaches get invloved. Stop depending on clubs for everything, the top recruits learned this years ago.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best use of time.

Option 1 - Go to club practice that burns 3 hours of a day including drive and practice. You daughter gets 4 shots on goal and 12 touches during scrimmage, then 15 touches running through some drills they have done for the last 8 years. Possibly conditioning that the girls don't take seriously because everyone is committed.

Option 2 - Go in the backyard or local lacrosse field. Get in 50-100 dodges and shots in 30 minutes. Spend 10 minutes at the wall and get 200 touches. Your daughter just got conditioning done while getting the touches a month of club practice provides. Now go grab a sandwich with your daughter and spend 2 hours talking! Best day a parent can ask for.

This is why the top players don't depend on clubs to make them top players. It's an obvious statement, but the secret that parent new to sports are not aware of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best use of time.

Option 1 - Go to club practice that burns 3 hours of a day including drive and practice. You daughter gets 4 shots on goal and 12 touches during scrimmage, then 15 touches running through some drills they have done for the last 8 years. Possibly conditioning that the girls don't take seriously because everyone is committed.

Option 2 - Go in the backyard or local lacrosse field. Get in 50-100 dodges and shots in 30 minutes. Spend 10 minutes at the wall and get 200 touches. Your daughter just got conditioning done while getting the touches a month of club practice provides. Now go grab a sandwich with your daughter and spend 2 hours talking! Best day a parent can ask for.

This is why the top players don't depend on clubs to make them top players. It's an obvious statement, but the secret that parent new to sports are not aware of.

If your club drills result in just 15 touches total your club is doing it all wrong.

If your club isn't bringing new drills to the table your club is doing it wrong.

If you think wall ball is a replacement for actual work with partners you're doing it wring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like most clubs to justify the costs. Clubs primary purpose is to get the girls in front of the best college coaches possible. Actual hands on coaching is practically non-existent despite what a club official says. How many parents can say their club has worked one on one with their daughter for more than 2 hours over the last 3 years(be happy if it has happened)? They are kept in groups and run drills and scrimmages. The real progress comes working alone trying to improve specific skills. Clubs are needed. They assemble great players, they don't create them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like most clubs to justify the costs. Clubs primary purpose is to get the girls in front of the best college coaches possible. Actual hands on coaching is practically non-existent despite what a club official says. How many parents can say their club has worked one on one with their daughter for more than 2 hours over the last 3 years(be happy if it has happened)? They are kept in groups and run drills and scrimmages. The real progress comes working alone trying to improve specific skills. Clubs are needed. They assemble great players, they don't create them.

So much truth to this.

The most coaching my daughter ever had at a lax practice was 3rd grade spring PAL season. my kid volunteered to play goalie and the coach would stay 30 min after practice for 6 weeks, once a week to work with her. God bless coaches like this. Did it for free and he was so into it the position given his older son played goal on varsity. Still see this man around town and always tell him how appreciative we are. My kid eventually had to get a trainer since many of the club teams generally did not have (and still don’t think have) goalie specific training during regular practice. Otherwise, she is trending in the right directing and hopes to make a splash in HS and club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much truth to this.

The most coaching my daughter ever had at a lax practice was 3rd grade spring PAL season. my kid volunteered to play goalie and the coach would stay 30 min after practice for 6 weeks, once a week to work with her. God bless coaches like this. Did it for free and he was so into it the position given his older son played goal on varsity. Still see this man around town and always tell him how appreciative we are. My kid eventually had to get a trainer since many of the club teams generally did not have (and still don’t think have) goalie specific training during regular practice. Otherwise, she is trending in the right directing and hopes to make a splash in HS and club

My daughter is on a top 10 team. I was shocked at how little they helped when it came time to talk to colleges. She committed to a top 15 program. If she asked her coach who is also the co director a question via text, would never hear back. On the rare occasions she answered, it was one sentence. Heard from the other parents they got the same thing. I guess it depends on the club but ours is not good in that regard. But hey. The name got her on her team I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Corrigan sports really screwed up the AA Highlight Roster and acceptance emails. Sent out emails to players who then weren't listed on the roster and rostered players who didn't receive an email. Then they rostered players who weren't at the tryout, pretty obvious since there were less than 30 girls at the tryout.

What a mess! They took the roster down from the website now, good luck trying to explain all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Corrigan sports really screwed up the AA Highlight Roster and acceptance emails. Sent out emails to players who then weren't listed on the roster and rostered players who didn't receive an email. Then they rostered players who weren't at the tryout, pretty obvious since there were less than 30 girls at the tryout.

What a mess! They took the roster down from the website now, good luck trying to explain all this.

You were able to do a virtual tryout. You basically know which 24s are going to make the team.. this team has a lot of very good players on it. The top three offensive players are definitely on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top name clubs acquire the better players from the lesser name clubs! By 8th grade , they have all the better players, due to their name recognition for recruiting purposes. They did not “create” these top players. Most of the top players probably went out and trained a lot on the outside. Then they migrate to the “name” to get seen in recruiting year. Probably migrate around 6th grade, if not already on a top club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top name clubs acquire the better players from the lesser name clubs! By 8th grade , they have all the better players, due to their name recognition for recruiting purposes. They did not “create” these top players. Most of the top players probably went out and trained a lot on the outside. Then they migrate to the “name” to get seen in recruiting year. Probably migrate around 6th grade, if not already on a top club.

Yeah migrating at 6th grade is normal. Some of the people on here are clearly delusional. If you are talented you do not need to be on a "top" team to get recruited. Does it help ? yes. But talent will always be found regardless of where you play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the coaching carousel in full swing now, how are the various recruits for the schools that lost their HC's feeling? ECU --> OSU, Towson --> Hopkins, etc.

I would assume there will be some players switching their commitments as a result?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the case in my daughters growth. Started playing, left one club, got better, went to the next one. Then she played the last year at a top club. What I was shocked about is how most of the kids were only playing together on that team for three years. So yeah, I agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is IWCLA worth it? TYIA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is IWCLA worth it? TYIA
Sorry i meant upgrading to pro. Is it worth the price tag?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is IWCLA worth it? TYIA

Our club team pays for the premium version. I don't think there is much value in the email system they have, but being able to see who looks at your player's profile is helpful, although somewhat stressful during the heavy recruiting period. It did help us to start researching some schools that eventually reached out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is IWCLA worth it? TYIA

Our club team pays for the premium version. I don't think there is much value in the email system they have, but being able to see who looks at your player's profile is helpful, although somewhat stressful during the heavy recruiting period. It did help us to start researching some schools that eventually reached out.

Wow assume that is jesters? Having a club pay the $400 each per player for the premium version is a nice gesture

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any schools reach out who didn’t view the profile?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice thing about IWCLA is when coaches view your daughter's profile on August 28-31st..those prooved to be the real deal....not all but pretty darn close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice thing about IWCLA is when coaches view your daughter's profile on August 28-31st..those prooved to be the real deal....not all but pretty darn close.

Only one college reached out on Sept 1 that didn't view daughter's profile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one college reached out on Sept 1 that didn't view daughter's profile.

For my daughter, re: calls & texts 9/1: All but one coach/school had viewed her profile AND also reached out to club coach to express interest.

Emails received 9/1: all coaches had viewed her profile but had not necessarily reached out to the club director expressing interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much truth to this.

My daughter is on a top 10 team. I was shocked at how little they helped when it came time to talk to colleges. She committed to a top 15 program. If she asked her coach who is also the co director a question via text, would never hear back. On the rare occasions she answered, it was one sentence. Heard from the other parents they got the same thing. I guess it depends on the club but ours is not good in that regard. But hey. The name got her on her team I guess

Sadly, I’ve heard this (that the club didn’t do much to help in recruiting) from many parents. My daughter, and her teammates were very lucky to have two very dedicated coaches that helped with the recruiting process non-stop. They guided everything and spoke to college coaches directly on the girls’ behalf through the whole process. Not the club directors, mind you, the coaches of her team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our situation, all had looked at her profile at least once in the previous year. We had a flurry of looks, including almost all of her videos, from the school she committed to (in September) in the last few weeks of August. It was also a school that wasn't originally on her list, but I've heard of similar situations from several players that eventually committing to schools not on their list. Met a player a few weeks back that had never emailed, visited, or went to a camp at Denver, but was heavily pursued and committed there.

I think the only ones that did reach out that hadn't viewed her profile were all D3 schools or a few D2 schools, who reached out around the time they were allowed to do so.

Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard