BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
It’s a new season!

Let’s start the 2023 discussions in a new thread.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First is good luck to the incoming freshman next year , they will be competing against the last large group of 5th years and there will be 2 less starting spots as it will be 3-3-3 or 6 vs 6 on each end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First is good luck to the incoming freshman next year , they will be competing against the last large group of 5th years and there will be 2 less starting spots as it will be 3-3-3 or 6 vs 6 on each end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

what do you mean it will be 3-3-3 or 6 vs 6 on each end?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do college coaches use their preseason games (fall ball and the games now before regular season) to try out new players /plays / develop the team or do they just play to win?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do college coaches use their preseason games (fall ball and the games now before regular season) to try out new players /plays / develop the team or do they just play to win?
All the above

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Womens lacrosse is moving to 9 vs 9 field players so 3 defenders, 3 middies, 3 attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Womens lacrosse is moving to 9 vs 9 field players so 3 defenders, 3 middies, 3 attack.

When? Can you provide a link with that info? TIA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next season, Spring 2024. Was discussed in November at coaches conference in Texas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next season, Spring 2024. Was discussed in November at coaches conference in Texas.
discussing and actually making the move to 10 v 10 are 2 different things. The women's college game is not changing to 10 v 10.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – Preseason

Rank Institution Points (FPV)

1 North Carolina 666 (22)
2 Maryland 634 (2)
3 Boston College 613 (3)
4 Northwestern 599
5 Syracuse 574
6 Stony Brook 536
7 Florida 500
8 Rutgers 439
9 Denver 426
10 Loyola 412
11 Duke 402
12 James Madison 361
13 Virginia 334
14 Stanford 319
15 Princeton 302
16 Notre Dame 300
17 Michigan 249
18 USC 234
19 Jacksonville 198
20 Johns Hopkins 103
21 Yale 98
22 Richmond 88
23 UMass 69
24 Uconn 53
25 Colorado 40
RV Arizona State, Penn State, Ohio State, Temple,

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – Preseason

1 East Stroudsburg 613 (19)
2 Adelphi 582 (1)
3 West Chester 544
4 Florida Southern 526
5 Grand Valley 500
6 Le Moyne 498
7 Tampa 482 (2)
8 Uindy 436 (3)
9 Regis (CO) 404
10 Rollins 375
11 Mercy 360
12 Pace 357
13 Wingate 284
14 Seton Hill 277
15 Lynn 262
16 Embry-Riddle 219
17 Assumption 172
18 Mercyhurst 158
19 New Haven 132
20 Roberts Wesleyan 125
21 Bentley 113
22 Colorado Mesa 92
23 Mount Olive 87
24 Davenport 85
25 Saint Leo 77
RV Saint Anselm, Florida Tech, Flagler, Indiana (PA), Limestone

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – Preseason

1 Middlebury 924 (36)
2 Tufts 884 (1)
3 TCNJ 835
4 Salisbury 784
5 Gettysburg 776
6 Franklin & Marshall 748
7 Colby 683
8 Washington and Lee 654
9 William Smith 641
10 Ithaca 593
11 Wesleyan 579
12 York 501
13 Cortland 461
14 St. Lawrence 378
15 Bowdoin 370
16 Messiah 320
17 Chicago 315
18 Catholic 288
19 Denison 247
20 Hamilton 227
21 Trinity 188
22 Pomona-Pitzer 157
23 Geneseo 123
24 Haverford 87
25 Roanoke 62
RV Amherst, St. John Fisher, Colorado College, Rhodes, Christopher Newport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
discussing and actually making the move to 10 v 10 are 2 different things. The women's college game is not changing to 10 v 10.

Its essentially a done deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is actually one more year of 5th years due to COVID after this season. High School class of 2020 could not have gotten more hosed by the NCAA. Decreasing the game to 10 v 10 next season would be nice icing on their bad luck cake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just wondering how common this is:
(Please understand that I don’t want to give away too many identifying details)
My daughter is a 23 who is committed to a good school.
The recruiting class have had a few events where they got to meet and socialize. The problem is is that there is one girl amongst the recruits is who likes to stir-the-drama.
She has repeatedly purposefully excluded some of the recruits more than once so it’s not an oversight. (I mean as a parent I would seriously notice and have a talk with my kid) Just plain mean and juvenile. This has left some of these girls confused and hurt. It’s not like these girls are standard shy wallflowers, they are awesome kids!
I was just hoping that this kind of behavior goes away in college or it’s not the big deal it is while in high school. I keep telling my daughter to brush it off and that if the coach ever found out that this girl would be a big target.. Also the older girls would probably relish the opportunity to put this girl in her place. I just want this behavior to be not such a big deal as they get older. They are supposed to be a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting class have had a few events where they got to meet and socialize. The problem is is that there is one girl amongst the recruits is who likes to stir-the-drama.
She has repeatedly purposefully excluded some of the recruits more than once so it’s not an oversight. (I mean as a parent I would seriously notice and have a talk with my kid) Just plain mean and juvenile. This has left some of these girls confused and hurt. It’s not like these girls are standard shy wallflowers, they are awesome kids!
I was just hoping that this kind of behavior goes away in college or it’s not the big deal it is while in high school. I keep telling my daughter to brush it off and that if the coach ever found out that this girl would be a big target.. Also the older girls would probably relish the opportunity to put this girl in her place. I just want this behavior to be not such a big deal as they get older. They are supposed to be a team.

Toxic classmates can ruin a kids time at school. If all of the other girls are on the same page nip this in the bud . Call it out as nicely as positive shine a light on it now don’t sit back and wait until they are on campus. If one or two girls are left out of plans or a group chat say “ that was a mistake” and add the others to the plan or gc. Don’t allow this one girl to be a negative leader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The seniors will take care of this behavior quickly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Toxic classmates can ruin a kids time at school. If all of the other girls are on the same page nip this in the bud . Call it out as nicely as positive shine a light on it now don’t sit back and wait until they are on campus. If one or two girls are left out of plans or a group chat say “ that was a mistake” and add the others to the plan or gc. Don’t allow this one girl to be a negative leader.

It goes the other way as well, sometimes the majority of the team doesn't want to be around a girl because she is the one that is toxic. People should not be forced to spend time outside of "team stuff, practice, games, lift etc..." with nasty people. I would imagine that in elementary school, middle school and HS these kids bullied, put down and tried to exclude kids but once they get to college they are the one that people do not want to associate with. I'm sure the parents that raise these nasty kids will be making phone calls in college as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder if it’s USF. Quite a few winners out of the 18 commits. My daughter went there with four of her teammates at a camp. They all came back and quickly crossed that off their list. Said quite a few of the commits acted like they owned the place and had horrible attitudes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It can’t be USF, they said it was a good school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It can’t be USF, they said it was a good school.

ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter will always find a few bad apples in any group. Just like this site deals with the " It can’t be USF, they said it was a good school." commentors on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be some fun match-ups this weekend.

I'm predicting UM (#17) will lose to Jax (#19) on Friday, then Florida (#7) on Sunday. Michigan sometimes has trouble getting the offense going--even more so early season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm predicting UM (#17) will lose to Jax (#19) on Friday, then Florida (#7) on Sunday. Michigan sometimes has trouble getting the offense going--even more so early season.

May wanna walk back that statement. Michigan offense rolling right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jacksonville and Michigan are decent teams, not sure either will finish in the Top 20 but I have often been wrong... ;-)

Good for Michigan that they are willing to challenge themselves by playing a Top 10 Team (Florida) on two days rest so early in the season then another quick turnaround and another flight to Stony Brook. Win or lose good for Michigan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Young teams don’t stand a chance. It’s BS playing against teams with 1/2 a dozen 5th years and grad students. Has the game changed forever? Might as well Red Shirt all incoming Freshmen.,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jacksonville and Michigan are decent teams, not sure either will finish in the Top 20 but I have often been wrong... ;-)

Good for Michigan that they are willing to challenge themselves by playing a Top 10 Team (Florida) on two days rest so early in the season then another quick turnaround and another flight to Stony Brook. Win or lose good for Michigan.

The Anti- Notre Dame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Anti- Notre Dame

More the Anti-Duke than Notre Dame. Weakest out of conference schedule in the ACC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

I watched this game with my daughter and couldn’t believe how sloppy both teams are. They are ranked 13 and 14? They were throwing the ball five feet over players heads for a ten foot pass. Missing wide open shots in front. Either there is a huuuuuggggeee drop off in play once you get out of the top 10 or these teams are just overrated. Both of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Anti- Notre Dame

More the Anti-Duke than Notre Dame. Weakest out of conference schedule in the ACC.
Notre Dame has a weaker out of conference schedule. They need it since they will only win 3 or 4 ACC games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched this game with my daughter and couldn’t believe how sloppy both teams are. They are ranked 13 and 14? They were throwing the ball five feet over players heads for a ten foot pass. Missing wide open shots in front. Either there is a huuuuuggggeee drop off in play once you get out of the top 10 or these teams are just overrated. Both of them.

Keep in mind it was the first game of the season. Yes it was sloppy for both teams. Stanford being ranked 9th in the preseason was a reach they will be a solid west coast team. For Virginia they didn’t play great and still won the game schedule does not get easier for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off its both teams first games of the season . Second your ignorance of your top 10 teams is obvious. Lets see how much better the top teams did than the game you watched, UNC had 9 turnovers, BC had 17, cuse 11, NW 16, UVA 8, stanford 14. Give it a rest on knocking teams if you obviously have no clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are a joke anyway. Jacksonville lost two games and stayed at 19.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia beating Stanford 14-11 is one thing but Virginia only beating UC Davis 16-12 is a whole other thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Have not noticed anyone "constantly bragging about Stanford". Stanford lost to Virginia, last time I checked Virginia is one of the 10 best programs out there so not the end of the world.

I could care less about Stanford, I didn't go there, none of my kids go there or plan to go there and my kids have never played against Stanford but there is no denying that it is a great school with a very good women's lacrosse program.

As usual, the animus is based on jealousy, bitterness, envy or a feeling of inferiority.

Great school, good program. Not winning the National Championship anytime soon but trying to knock them is just foolish. As the previous post pointed out, Stanford is one of the Top 20 or so programs and with the exception of the usual suspects you would be hard pressed to find more than 20-25 programs that consistently outperform The Cardinal.

So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?

Just my guess but I do not believe the players or the parents of the players who choose Stanford put lacrosse above academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Conference champs, rings every year, top 3 academic school, sunny Cali. LOL haters! Pretty sure what you say can also be said for Duke, Virginia and ND. Stanford on par with them. None of them winning the natty, but have lots to offer outside lax. Everyone wants to be a critic!"

Sorry but not on par with any of those teams when speaking about womens lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard