BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Re: Boys 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What ever happen with this... per the article they were going to make an announcement in the beginning of January.

Goes in effect Fall 2023.

Source?

Read the article

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh look.The 91 influenced new rankings are out.They are ranked above Igloo who beat them and the Hawks who have beat them multiple times and who 91 has never beaten.Besides Express and Igloo does anyone know of any other somewhat decent team that they played in the fall?How can they be ranked so high?One wonders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh look.The 91 influenced new rankings are out.They are ranked above Igloo who beat them and the Hawks who have beat them multiple times and who 91 has never beaten.Besides Express and Igloo does anyone know of any other somewhat decent team that they played in the fall?How can they be ranked so high?One wonders.

Nothing to wonder about - just look at the "Rating Math". There is no subjective input in the computation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im a little new to this, can you share the link for said rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s on USCL on IG.But back to the rankings wizard.Can the commenter that defended the ranking please illiterate?”Rating math “say you? “No subjective input”? Please help to finally put an end to all of these rumors and conspiracies with your knowledge and wisdom.Thank you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the Long Island teams rankings. 91 at the younger ages does not play a lot of games. In the Fall, hardly at all:

2029’s 7 Games
2028’s 6 Games
2027’s 3 Games

This is all on purpose. They try to manipulate their ratings by not playing often, especially in the Fall. If your kid likes actually playing in games, look at the other teams and how many games they play. It’s on the rankings website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like it’s crickets from the delusional 91 daddy data processor.From what I am hearing they have a lot of other things to deal with like another big time player or two leaving in the near future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s on USCL on IG.But back to the rankings wizard.Can the commenter that defended the ranking please illiterate?”Rating math “say you? “No subjective input”? Please help to finally put an end to all of these rumors and conspiracies with your knowledge and wisdom.Thank you.
If you go to the rankings and select a team it will show you all the games being used and their result. If you select "Rating Math" you can see the computations and the "Points" earned for each game. The teams Average Points for all their games is what's used to rank the teams. Hope this helps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like it’s crickets from the delusional 91 daddy data processor.From what I am hearing they have a lot of other things to deal with like another big time player or two leaving in the near future.

Why are you so worried about fall rankings? We all know they will be different at the end of the summer. Only team ranking pegged absolutely correct right now is Madlax as number one. There are teams that are not even ranked yet like Laxachusetts. They are a top 10 team no question. Eclipse not ranked either.

So let it shake out in the spring and summer. Don’t let fall ball and fall rankings get in your head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes.All that info on USCL is what people are laughing at.
6-1 against weak comp does not deserve to even be in top 5.
When the original rankings came out and 91 was low on the pole USCL came out with 2-3 more sets of rankings.They had to wait for 91 to put up more wins against more soft comp so they can put out “final rankings”.Good thing you squeaked one out against Express North at the end because if you lost we would all have to watch 10 more sets rankings come out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a meathead, making a comment about 91, jumping over Express and Igloo. Like these rankings even mean anything. When either of those teams beat 91 on a consistent basis year in year out, then he or she can pound their respective chest. Again, at this age group, no Long Island team has ever beaten 91 except Igloo in a squeaker by one goal. 91 has always competed even with teams like Madlax Playing them tough and only losing by three goals each and every time they played them. This parent needs to get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes.All that info on USCL is what people are laughing at.
6-1 against weak comp does not deserve to even be in top 5.
When the original rankings came out and 91 was low on the pole USCL came out with 2-3 more sets of rankings.They had to wait for 91 to put up more wins against more soft comp so they can put out “final rankings”.Good thing you squeaked one out against Express North at the end because if you lost we would all have to watch 10 more sets rankings come out.

Either that or it's a simple, well explained algorithm and 6 games were needed to be listed in the rankings. Your imagination and concern are entertaining though - can't wait for your next theory!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would someone have to get a life just because they have a valid argument about something?The only formula that exists for rankings is the one that gets created to put 91 higher then they should be.Didn’t 91 have multiple 1 game wins against Express and Igloo in the past?Why is 91 ranked higher then the Hawks? 91 has never beat them.Why so defensive?If the ranking do not matter then why get so offended when they are questioned?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh.It was the algorithm.LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The data is all there along with the formula used to compute the rankings. What data points are wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha - I can see you now putting "algorithm" in air quotes when you tell the other drunks at the bar how your kids team is getting screwed in the rankings!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The data is all there along with the formula used to compute the rankings. What data points are wrong?

Igloo dad can’t handle the 12-0 beatdown Madlax gave them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can picture the 91 lax dads sitting at their desks wearing the head to toe 91 swag getting all riled up because their kids lax teams ranking was rightfully challenged.Now you have to take a break from making your kids highlight reels to defend the name.Classic.But in all fairness 91 should be #1.After all they do have 5-7 coaches on the sideline.Whoops.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are truly not an intelligent individual. You really believe that US club lacrosse is holding back rankings or making multiple rankings because of one age group? That is so ridiculous! 91 at this group was not ranked early on because they didn’t have enough games that would qualify them to be ranked. Once again, for all those who love to shout out and complain on this forum, until one of the Long Island teams beat 91 on a consistent basis, and not just once by 1 goal, then you can pound your chest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Righhhht.. so why do the rankings come out 3 times within a month or so ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d think that the tournament played in Florida over the New Years holiday had something to do with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I knew you wouldn't disappoint! So you're saying the rankings would be more accurate if they didn't get updated with new results??? I think I'm now ready for your theory about 91 being able to control the size of the goals imperceptibly but meaningfully.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know 91

I knew you wouldn't disappoint! So you're saying the rankings would be more accurate if they didn't get updated with new results??? I think I'm now ready for your theory about 91 being able to control the size of the goals imperceptibly but meaningfully.

I think maybe it doesn’t instill confidence that the ranking is objective when the ranking is done by a company owned by the Team 91 NJ Director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t think these rankings don’t matter. They certainly matter to the coaches and programs trying to recruit kids. Especially considering this is the last year before the Workd Series. It’s good for business to be ranked high.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know 91

I think maybe it doesn’t instill confidence that the ranking is objective when the ranking is done by a company owned by the Team 91 NJ Director.

I know it's a tough concept for the math challenged - but you can actually run the game results through the published formula and double-check the rankings if you suspect foul play. Or you can think of other excuses why your phenom kid's team isn't ranked as high as you think they should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all the 91 coaches and dads really think they should be ranked higher then the Hawks?Being they seem to be on here defending the rankings I would have to guess they take them pretty seriously.A lot of contradictions in their responses.Also seem to just ignore great points being made by others that do not fit their views.Typical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all the 91 coaches and dads really think they should be ranked higher then the Hawks?Being they seem to be on here defending the rankings I would have to guess they take them pretty seriously.A lot of contradictions in their responses.Also seem to just ignore great points being made by others that do not fit their views.Typical.

I don’t think anyone has defended anything besides that there is a formula for how it is figured out. And there were tournaments right up till 1/1 that affected ranking formulas so of course they werre updated.

Past years don’t count towards the rankings so all the 91 losses to the Hawks or Express losses to literally every one in years past are not factored in.

Wait till the 2nd week of June and then complain if it doesn’t look right. First 2 weekends are NLF part 1 and NAL. Most of these top 6 teams will be at both. You’ll have all the answers then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you followed the MD forum or HOCO you would’ve known that the Hawks program from the 2027’s and younger are not as strong as they were in years past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think your algorithm should not reward teams who don’t play everyone:

Team 91
2029’s 7 Games
2028’s 6 Games
2027’s 3 Games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think your algorithm should not reward teams who don’t play everyone:

Team 91
2029’s 7 Games
2028’s 6 Games
2027’s 3 Games

I'm guessing a lot of the misunderstanding is that for a lot of you your 2029 is your oldest so the rankings are new. You gotta take them with a grain of salt. It's a very simplistic algorithm that just approximates a ranking. It actually does pretty well generally grouping teams in tiers, like the top-10, top-50, top-100, other. But a difference of 5 - 10 places in the rankings means virtually nothing when those teams are matched up head-to-head. A difference of 50+ spots and you should expect a blowout almost every game. They should come with a warning label:

"THESE RANKINGS ARE EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN FROM BEING USED FOR BRAGGING PURPOSES TO INFLATE YOUR EGO ABOUT YOUR PROGENY".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 crew weather it be players,coaches or parents will twist it this way or that way because they are benefiting from the outcome.We all know to take the rankings with a grain of salt.One comment is bringing up Igloo losses the next is talking about how the Hawks are not as good anymore but games in the past do not matter.It’s all twisting nonsense.Igloo won by 1.Well 91 won by one against Express North and Express.What does this matter? And 91 has only won by one against Express and igloo in the past.Its ok for the 91 lawyers to bring up past games but not for anyone else?And then when questioned they can bring up the mathematical equation and algorithm all they want.At the end of the day everyone knows that they are in a spot in the meaningless fall rankings that they do not deserve to be in and it is just a way to keep the brand so they can try and poach everyone’s players.And the Hawks are not what they used to be?Ok.I guess time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. Why are you fools even looking at those rankings. Hawks and madlax are the clear top two but the hawks only played two events in the fall. The algorithm rewards games played and if you don’t play you drop.

Until igloo, 91 or express s actually beats one of those two teams these rankings are a joke.

Shuuuuut uppppppppp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. Why are you fools even looking at those rankings. Hawks and madlax are the clear top two but the hawks only played two events in the fall. The algorithm rewards games played and if you don’t play you drop.

Until igloo, 91 or express s actually beats one of those two teams these rankings are a joke.

Shuuuuut uppppppppp.
have to agree , Hawks and madlax are the top teams, rankings mean nothing, they are directional accurate meaning yes 91,igloo are probably interchangeable , express still has a ton to prove. Everyone else is a coin toss. The real issue is these top teams will never play each other more than once a year, if that. So we will never have enough of a data set the really hash out the true top teams . So enjoy the noise !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be pretty embarrassing if Hawks and Madlax weren’t better since they are older than our kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be pretty embarrassing if Hawks and Madlax weren’t better since they are older than our kids!
until the age verification issue plays out.. they are the ones everyone is chasing, and please do not make it seem like there are not at least a couple of players in the "top 3" who are not on age because we all know someone on those teams who won't make the cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t speak for the Hawks, but the same Madlax team will be walking out on the field if and when age verification occurs. Better start thinking of new excuses while fighting for that 2nd or 3rd slot in the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t speak for the Hawks, but the same Madlax team will be walking out on the field if and when age verification occurs. Better start thinking of new excuses while fighting for that 2nd or 3rd slot in the rankings.

Look forward to playing them in the World Series then!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess.Last comment was by a 91 rep.Looks like you have your hands full on L.I. so unless you get a 91 red carpet at qualifiers (which most likely will be the case) I would take it 1 tournament at a time.From what I have read and heard you have some 29s on Venom that will be sliding down to help you get over the L.I. Hump.Better hope the current players do not find out that their spots will be taken next year or that move can be a dangerous one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many teams have kids playing up who slide down and all are aware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has players in the same situation. 29’s playing up with 28’s.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard