BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 249 of 313 1 2 247 248 249 250 251 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why go to John Carroll when you can go to C.Milton Wright and get a free education and play on a better lacrosse team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why go to John Carroll when you can go to C.Milton Wright and get a free education and play on a better lacrosse team

Shots fired lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep an eye out for Gilman! New weight room complete and a new 95 million dollar upgrade for new indoor facility etc.

Lipstick on a porcine creature........Great academics... athletics, one step above club.......Go B Conference with your neighbor Friends: Better cultural fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-6 kids heading back to public schools.

Reality kicked in
They want a better education

No one “transfers” mid year. Tuition is already paid.
Happens more than you’re clued in on.

He’s not wrong. Every kid that “transferred” out of my sons school this past year was asked to leave for either behavior or academics.

From another MIAA dad: accurate. Last tuition payment is Feb 15. Down payment on tuition for next year due on April 15 (ish).

Forced transfers that I can think of in the last several months (to about last spring), at my son's school (generally transfering back to public schools, or one particularly "academically lenient" MIAA-C school):
1) 2nd offense, vaping on school grounds
2) 2nd offense, social media violation / bullying
3) 1st offense, threat of violence on school grounds
4) 1st offense, social media / online threat of violence
5) Academic - general failure to comply (refused to do homework, participate in class, etc)
6) Academic - honor code / plagiarism (multiple offenses)
7) Academic - facing expulsion with 3 Fs at the end of the school year (school rule requires expulsion)

And you can laugh it up, talking about "ha ha these are not elite student problems" and that's true, but my retort would be, how many months/years would each of these problems be allowed to continue at a public school?
forever...especially in schools that teach CRT

Please tell me the connection between critical race theory and kids vaping or plagiarizing. You win for densest comment of 2023 so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get all of the detest towards John Carroll....anyway you look at all of the teams in the A conference play a much more grueling schedule than any of the publics. Not good or bad, just a fact.
The kids get better by playing the A conference schedule at all of the schools, and the college coaches notice that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MSJ is a bottom feeder
Random thoughts by MT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - that new Navy lacrosse faculty that someone donated looks incredible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shots fired lol

Now we know why Calvert Hall won’t play CMW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shots fired lol

CMW knows its place but JC is living through rose colored glasses thinking they can compete and are really they second best team in Bel Air

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shots fired lol

CMW knows its place but JC is living through rose colored glasses thinking they can compete and are really they second best team in Bel Air

Well according to JC Dad on BOTC, your sons are all going to be riding the bench and his son is going to put up 9 goals each on CHC, LB, and BL so.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

Or brush some party fun under the rug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you honestly think CMW could even come close to competing with CHC?? That is funny, they cant even play by NCAA rules, they need to hide behind the federation rules. Every team in the MIAA A&B conference would beat them. The MIAA teams play a much more rigorous schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

Thought article said they were fundraising. I’m sure MDLax will be a BIG donor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you honestly think CMW could even come close to competing with CHC?? That is funny, they cant even play by NCAA rules, they need to hide behind the federation rules. Every team in the MIAA A&B conference would beat them. The MIAA teams play a much more rigorous schedule.

Federation rules ensure equity in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lidz sponsoring the championships this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Federation rules ensure equity in lacrosse.

Disagree NCAA rules do. More chances to score with shot clock. Rather than have one team hold the ball all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

Also smartly donating to Amplo salary increase. Currently 4th in depth chart for lefty attack so might need to write a couple more checks lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

Also smartly donating to Amplo salary increase. Currently 4th in depth chart for lefty attack so might need to write a couple more checks lol.

All the money is coming from a grandfather of a commit. Think the grandson will play??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

All the money is coming from a grandfather of a commit. Think the grandson will play??

LOL what a vague assumption that is........sadly probably true. Also in terms of corruption, really a bad investment. Assuming the kid was recruited, accepted, and committed under his own power (and legacy points, sure), a donor could probably impact the depth chart for a measly, well-timed $1M gift.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play

LOL what a vague assumption that is........sadly probably true. Also in terms of corruption, really a bad investment. Assuming the kid was recruited, accepted, and committed under his own power (and legacy points, sure), a donor could probably impact the depth chart for a measly, well-timed $1M gift.

Not in the Navy . Integrity , lets get real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep an eye out for Gilman! New weight room complete and a new 95 million dollar upgrade for new indoor facility etc.

More like "Keep an eye out for the Predators" at Gilman.

Predators are on the the rise in a big way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL not yet anyway. But worth mentioning that the 2028 Predators kids are about equally split between Gilman/Calvert (Gilman Jr High) and St. Pauls, with a few each at Loyola and McDonogh. 2027 Predators (former Looneys and 91 kids) are mostly Loyola. Not sure about the 2029 Predators but I know almost all of them played for 91 in 2021 or 2022.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL not yet anyway. But worth mentioning that the 2028 Predators kids are about equally split between Gilman/Calvert (Gilman Jr High) and St. Pauls, with a few each at Loyola and McDonogh. 2027 Predators (former Looneys and 91 kids) are mostly Loyola. Not sure about the 2029 Predators but I know almost all of them played for 91 in 2021 or 2022.

The predator comment is way off base. Have a shred of decency, clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apologies for not soothing your feelings by saying the Predators are not "yet" an elite ball club. An indecent proposal indeed! And a statement that is verifiable and transparent. It's encouraging that a 15 month old program has moved most of its squads from being annihilated at every turn, to being competitive with "sub elite" competition. But yeah there is a long way to go if they want to get on the radar and stay there.

2026 Predators moving from Hoco A level ball (lost in playoffs) to A level HS ball.
2027 Predators staying in Hoco A (lost in playoffs last year), maybe ??? moving to AA Hoco?
2028 Predators moving from AA (last year's fake AAA) to AAA (last year's fake AAAA) (lost in playoffs last year)
2029 Predators moving from AA to AAA (undefeated last year )

I mean Go Predators, but maybe let's wait and see if they can beat any elite Baltimore teams at any age group. Which I doubt is in the cards for this spring/summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much detest for a new program just trying to take off. Support the initiative instead of damning it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - what is the MIAA off season practice policy? I'm asking because my son is on a team & school that has had NO organized practices to date. I hear that CH, AS, McD & others are organizing events weekly... ????????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - what is the MIAA off season practice policy? I'm asking because my son is on a team & school that has had NO organized practices to date. I hear that CH, AS, McD & others are organizing events weekly... ????????
Captains practices, no coaches. What school does your son go to? Everyone at this point should be holding practices/workouts of some sort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina...15 shots 1 Goal........Another kid pumped up to be the next ever......When we will learn to stop pumping High Schooler to be the next greatest lacrosse player prior to their College season....Take a lesson ECD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Captains practices, no coaches. What school does your son go to? Everyone at this point should be holding practices/workouts of some sort.
Spalding's instagram page shows coaches out there with players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina...15 shots 1 Goal........Another kid pumped up to be the next ever......When we will learn to stop pumping High Schooler to be the next greatest lacrosse player prior to their College season....Take a lesson ECD

Totally agree. btw - no assists. Too small and too slow. Gait will end up wrecking the program just like Ewing did with Georgetown basketball and they'll keep him around way too long because of his college days.

The NIL deal was a total buddy deal but good on the families for being friends. The NIL stuff in non-revenue sports will level off really quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice.

Judgement after one game.

You are clearly rooting against the kid and jealous.

Classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apologies for not soothing your feelings by saying the Predators are not "yet" an elite ball club. An indecent proposal indeed! And a statement that is verifiable and transparent. It's encouraging that a 15 month old program has moved most of its squads from being annihilated at every turn, to being competitive with "sub elite" competition. But yeah there is a long way to go if they want to get on the radar and stay there.

2026 Predators moving from Hoco A level ball (lost in playoffs) to A level HS ball.
2027 Predators staying in Hoco A (lost in playoffs last year), maybe ??? moving to AA Hoco?
2028 Predators moving from AA (last year's fake AAA) to AAA (last year's fake AAAA) (lost in playoffs last year)
2029 Predators moving from AA to AAA (undefeated last year )

I mean Go Predators, but maybe let's wait and see if they can beat any elite Baltimore teams at any age group. Which I doubt is in the cards for this spring/summer.
Minor correction- The 27 Preds were a AA team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the rule is 3 hours of off-season practice per week that includes coaches. Players can organize captains practices in addition. Practices are not mandatory but unless playing a fall/winter sport...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero practices to date? No workout/conditioning? I would be worried about that. My son has stuff 3-5 days a week with workouts, practices, captains organized shooting, open turf, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What school? No box league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh it's more than weekly. They are allowed 3 hours per week with coaches on the field during the entire off season during the school year. Then *additional* captains practices with no coaches on the field. LB, who let's be honest needs to level up quite a bit, has been at it Tues & Thurs evenings since September with multiple coaches. Since the holidays, have seen a number of small practices on MWF with small groups and even middle school kids, maybe drilling, shooting, whatever.

If your kid's school is just getting ready to start working out, ouch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honest question: which MIAA teams put together a box team, and was it run as a full time winter sport at the school? I think I saw that Spalding ran a pretty successful team this winter (not a Spalding dad lol).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honest question: which MIAA teams put together a box team, and was it run as a full time winter sport at the school? I think I saw that Spalding ran a pretty successful team this winter (not a Spalding dad lol).

I hear Spalding is going to be very good next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares it the wild Wild West in the miaa

Like Reply Quote
Page 249 of 313 1 2 247 248 249 250 251 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard