BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 247 of 313 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most privates don’t make it easy or cheap to pay tuition monthly. High service fees to push you to pay in a lump sum earlier.

Not true. Most families pay monthly and the previous poster who said last payment is in February is totally wrong.

Pretty sure neither one of you know what you are talking about because parents are not going around discussing their tuition payment plans. Private schools DO make it difficult to pay monthly by adding hefty service charge fees/processing fees to your tuition. Most schools also offer a 60/40 plan. Pay 60% summer prior to start of school with balance due by December before winter break. Not one school I looked into while going through the high school selection process 4 different times has payments due in February, the same month they hand out acceptance letters.

I'm neither one of those posters, and this is the most bizarre arguments on BOTC yet, but

#1 who cares about keeping their payment plan private...on an anonymous message board no less? If you are a business owner or get a large annual bonus or commission, you probably pay lump sum (always smartest). If you draw a regular corporate paycheck, you probably pay installments, even if it is funneled through a 529 (now do I have your attention?).

#2 I checked our account yesterday in the middle of this bizarro argument and saw, from the Archdiocese of Baltimore / FACTS portal, that we have a payment in Feb and a payment in March. I was the guy who earlier said our last payment was in February, and I was wrong - it was March. This would apply to JCS, MSJ, CHC, LB, STM, AS. So I'm not sure your research was very conclusive about "all the the schools" you researched. The idea that there would be no payment in the month of admission letters is fool - we all signed contracts. The money is due. Who is scared of their payment?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most privates don’t make it easy or cheap to pay tuition monthly. High service fees to push you to pay in a lump sum earlier.

Not true. Most families pay monthly and the previous poster who said last payment is in February is totally wrong.

Pretty sure neither one of you know what you are talking about because parents are not going around discussing their tuition payment plans. Private schools DO make it difficult to pay monthly by adding hefty service charge fees/processing fees to your tuition. Most schools also offer a 60/40 plan. Pay 60% summer prior to start of school with balance due by December before winter break. Not one school I looked into while going through the high school selection process 4 different times has payments due in February, the same month they hand out acceptance letters.

I'm neither one of those posters, and this is the most bizarre arguments on BOTC yet, but

#1 who cares about keeping their payment plan private...on an anonymous message board no less? If you are a business owner or get a large annual bonus or commission, you probably pay lump sum (always smartest). If you draw a regular corporate paycheck, you probably pay installments, even if it is funneled through a 529 (now do I have your attention?).

#2 I checked our account yesterday in the middle of this bizarro argument and saw, from the Archdiocese of Baltimore / FACTS portal, that we have a payment in Feb and a payment in March. I was the guy who earlier said our last payment was in February, and I was wrong - it was March. This would apply to JCS, MSJ, CHC, LB, STM, AS. So I'm not sure your research was very conclusive about "all the the schools" you researched. The idea that there would be no payment in the month of admission letters is fool - we all signed contracts. The money is due. Who is scared of their payment?

Catholic arent real private schools. McD, St P, Gilman are,,, different people in each. No monthly payments by 90% of parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MSJ won the PSL box championship. I think they are going to surprise a lot of teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone transferring out of Spalding ?

Define "everyone".

Kids transfer all of the time. How many are you talking about?

5-6 kids heading back to public schools.

Meh, not uncommon for this to be 2-3 kids per school, per year.

This happened at MSJ with the 2025s I recall, after few/no 2025 freshmen made varsity. You'd have to ask those 4-5 kids or their parents what the bottom line reasoning to jump to public school was, or what they thought they had been promised at MSJ, but they were recruited in a group, and left as a group.

There were not 4-5 kids that left as a group.

I think a lot of people are afraid that getting in and out of Spalding daily will be a traffic nightmare with the huge new Old Mill high school opening right across the street. The new Crofton school may look like a better option for parents now also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholic arent real private schools. McD, St P, Gilman are,,, different people in each. No monthly payments by 90% of parents.

Exactly.
Quite different people.
That's why we say, "Our kid goes to Catholic school." Not, "We send out kid to private school."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholic schools have better lawyers!,,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholic schools have better lawyers!,,
The McDonogh admin would disagree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a reliable source that the league loved the expanded playoffs a couple years ago with covid and is looking to expand playoffs for good.
Not sure if that means keeping the league as-is and just adding one more playoff spot to go to 7 teams, OR adding one more team to the A-league to trigger the automatic expansion to 8 playoff teams.
Either way, exciting news for the league. That 7th and 8th team has always been highly competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a reliable source that the league loved the expanded playoffs a couple years ago with covid and is looking to expand playoffs for good.
Not sure if that means keeping the league as-is and just adding one more playoff spot to go to 7 teams, OR adding one more team to the A-league to trigger the automatic expansion to 8 playoff teams.
Either way, exciting news for the league. That 7th and 8th team has always been highly competitive.

We've had several 5th and one 6th seed win the SHIP. I'm not sure we'll have a 7th or 8th do so but never say never.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did I miss Mac Christmas now enrolled at McDonogh and left Gtown Prep. Does he not have to sit out a year?? Any other significant transfers into the MIAA?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not sure how you missed it. People have been talking about it for a while now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did I miss Mac Christmas now enrolled at McDonogh and left Gtown Prep. Does he not have to sit out a year?? Any other significant transfers into the MIAA?

You only have to sit out if you transfer between MIAA schools. Horrible rule that needs to be changed. Why are MIAA players penalized while coaches are free to plug and play out of conference transfers? It really screws over kids who worked their way up in a program only to see their spot snatched away senior year. Either everyone sits a year, or everyone is free to transfer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame on McDonogh for allowing/recruiting a senior transfer purely for athletic purposes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame on McDonogh for allowing/recruiting a senior transfer purely for athletic purposes.
Way to speculate. You have not a clue what the situation is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have much rather have Lloyd Christmas on our team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He transferred to play a year with his future Duke teammate, correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Full paying student who had no idea McDonogh had a lacrosse team. McDonogh didn’t even know who he was or that he played lacrosse. Just showed up for the 1st day of workouts and they think he might help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How'd that work out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're either a very amateur troll, or you send your kids to a "real private school" like Concordia "Prep." So much excellence I can barely stand it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too old to play in the IAC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too old to play in the IAC.
Wouldn’t that mean he’s too old for MIAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAC doesn't allow any varsity play for students turning 19 before 9/1. MIAA allows non-conference play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAC doesn't allow any varsity play for students turning 19 before 9/1. MIAA allows non-conference play.

So can’t play in league games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right...but would play a role in locking down a top 10 national finish with both Millon brothers on the field. Which I'm sure the coaching staff has been told is their objective for this year, in addition to winning MIAA.

Now, can they pull it off? I'm not quite convinced. But I like the aggressive intent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right...but would play a role in locking down a top 10 national finish with both Millon brothers on the field. Which I'm sure the coaching staff has been told is their objective for this year, in addition to winning MIAA.

Now, can they pull it off? I'm not quite convinced. But I like the aggressive intent.

So he transfers in and is only allowed to play in, at most, 6-7 out of league games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So he transfers in and is only allowed to play in, at most, 6-7 out of league games?

I mean....apparently? Somebody at McD must have run the math on that, and decided it was a good idea?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then goes to Duke, redshirts and is a 21 year old freshman. Just like schnellenberger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if they land in Top 10? They would not truly be top 10!!! Its all fake news when your roster can only be used in certain games @ certain times of the season. There needs to be *** next to all this stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if they land in Top 10? They would not truly be top 10!!! Its all fake news when your roster can only be used in certain games @ certain times of the season. There needs to be *** next to all this stuff.

Perhaps you are new to lacrosse culture. It is not a meritocracy, especially at the individual level.

Seriously - any private school will and does easily monetize and publicize a national top 10 ranking in a sport. They do it constantly. And nobody cares about the asterisk unless your kid was on the team last year and might get cut this year because they brought in 9 kids from Canada....who saw the ranking.

"Who cares?" Think about 12 months from now. How about every out-of-town lax recruit's parent considering paying for boarding school and full freight tuition at McD or BL in the class of 2028? Or "secret boarding" at CHC. If you think any private school wouldn't use that sales pitch to recruit an all star kid from TX to play in front of your kid, yeah yeah "my son starts for Hawks" or whatever, but hoo boy, good luck in the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My last payment is in February. Depends when they start the first payment. Check your tuition payment plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get back to lacrosse.

I see Spalding back in the Championship game. Tom, Spencer, and Phipps are the best staff in the conference.
Who is with me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL - don't stop at McDonogh.

See BL Sr. attackman that transferred in this year, as well as the CH attackman that is also too old to play MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preseason MIAA Poll:

MD
SM
BL
SP
CH
LHS
SS
MSJ
JC
GS
AS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BL Sr. attackman that transferred in this year, as well as the CH attackman that is also too old to play MIAA.

Is that Provost at CH? Who at BL?

This is all ridiculous that they would take kids only to be able to play in out of conference games and not MIAA games. I'd be so pissed if my spot was fluctuating back and forth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get back to lacrosse.

I see Spalding back in the Championship game. Tom, Spencer, and Phipps are the best staff in the conference.
Who is with me?

Tom has moved on. Trying to build a lacrosse only facility at navy now. Pay to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman does not let any student in in 12th grade
athlete or not. Probably why we [Censored]! However be careful what you say, you will work for one of us someday!! Good luck to all this season. We’ll be looking for your resumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“The first 2x captain in Spalding lacrosse history.”

As long as you ignore Kyle Dixon and a few others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all ridiculous that they would take kids only to be able to play in out of conference games and not MIAA games. I'd be so pissed if my spot was fluctuating back and forth.

Exactly. The thing that you really have to consider about BL is that the pecking order is changing intentionally. 5 years ago, if you transferred out of a private school in 8th as a lax recruit, to reclass another 8th grade year in BL, the world was your oyster. Now, the "day school students" and their families are being asked to be flexible with everything from tuition increases to giving up spots on sports teams to the boarding students. It is a big gamble by the school.......if the local kids see red flags and don't want to attend BL, the boarding school kids will have to come up big (in numbers) to ensure that good athletics continue.

All that said, this is a normal problem when sports teams, clubs, or programs shift their focus. The old "top dogs" are made uncomfortable (either because the new competition isn't good enough, or it's too good), and eventually see themselves out, and then the organization hopes that the new model and new kids actually work out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preseason MIAA Poll:

MD
SM
BL
SP
CH
LHS
SS
MSJ
JC
GS
AS

I've got

McD
BL
CH
StM
StP
LB
Severn
JC
MSJ
AS
Gilman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. The thing that you really have to consider about BL is that the pecking order is changing intentionally. 5 years ago, if you transferred out of a private school in 8th as a lax recruit, to reclass another 8th grade year in BL, the world was your oyster. Now, the "day school students" and their families are being asked to be flexible with everything from tuition increases to giving up spots on sports teams to the boarding students. It is a big gamble by the school.......if the local kids see red flags and don't want to attend BL, the boarding school kids will have to come up big (in numbers) to ensure that good athletics continue.

All that said, this is a normal problem when sports teams, clubs, or programs shift their focus. The old "top dogs" are made uncomfortable (either because the new competition isn't good enough, or it's too good), and eventually see themselves out, and then the organization hopes that the new model and new kids actually work out.
CHC, BL, and MCD should be ashamed of themselves with these senior year transfers.... The arrogant coaches and staff are ruining MIAA lacrosse for everyone else. I wish the rest of the MIAA would ban these schools like they did with St Frances in football....

Like Reply Quote
Page 247 of 313 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard