BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 58 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to the girls that made the Lacrosse Magazine top 30 list. I couldn’t help but notice a lot of top players missing and I think only 1 player from hero’s. None the less, congrats to those on it. Do coaches or IL use it?
I thought the list was pretty spot on.

Not even close! Agree that most are splitting hairs in the top 10 but too many outstanding players and athletes not on this list. They put zero.work into the 24 list and I am 100% certain they all nominated themselves. iL rankings are very good either. I do think they will get out and see more instead of taking their friends word for it though.
You're right, many left off who would make a top 50 list, not necessarily a top 30. You also do not nominate yourself for Top 30. You nominate yourself for the Watch list. Big difference.

You can find the application in the link on the Instagram post. You nominate yourself for rankings/watchlist. There are absolutely a lot more girls across the board that would be ranked in the top 10 if it was a true ranking system. Some of these girls are only on this list because they filled out the application or mommy or daddy filled it out for them and just didn’t tell their daughter.

They take submissions/ nominations for the watch list, not for the rankings. Everyone knows the names of the top 10, no denying they belong there. You can always argue there is more talent than represented in the top 30, but doesn’t diminish the girls who are on it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can find the application in the link on the Instagram post. You nominate yourself for rankings/watchlist. There are absolutely a lot more girls across the board that would be ranked in the top 10 if it was a true ranking system. Some of these girls are only on this list because they filled out the application or mommy or daddy filled it out for them and just didn’t tell their daughter.

Please sit down and be quiet until you can read better. There are no nominations for rankings, only the watch list. It’s very clear you are really bitter your daughter’s name is not in the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please sit down and be quiet until you can read better. There are no nominations for rankings, only the watch list. It’s very clear you are really bitter your daughter’s name is not in the list.

Yes all of you sit down. These rankings mean NOTHING!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a kid who is on the list, neither myself, my wife or my daughter filled out any application for this nor were we ever contacted by anyone about it. I do think every kid on the list is deserving and will be heavily recruited come September. With that being said, there are also many deserving girls who are not on the list and they too will be heavily recruited come September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a kid who is on the list, neither myself, my wife or my daughter filled out any application for this nor were we ever contacted by anyone about it. I do think every kid on the list is deserving and will be heavily recruited come September. With that being said, there are also many deserving girls who are not on the list and they too will be heavily recruited come September.

List means nothing to colleges. Congrats you can run around and show everyone your daughters name on some list!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course the list means nothing to college coaches. They are not referring to it, but the girls on the list will all be highly regarded recruits because they are legit players. There will also be kids recruited to top schools who are not on the list. No need to be bitter and nasty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a kid on this list…….our club coach campaigned the writers to get her and her teammate on the list. These lists means nothing except to put on her resume. Which means nothing if she shows up to UNC and plays poorly when she shows up to their camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone using NCSA to help with recruiting? I hear mixed reviews from researching online and don't know anyone who uses the NCSA services.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know anyone who used NCSA; they definitely send out alot of spam emails. I recommend trying a more boutique service; I think they are relatively new but I heard great things about CSS (College Sports Services). My cousins daughter was really stressed and not getting much love from coaches. She used them (not cheap) but she was committed to a school less than 2 months later and it was a school she only could of dreamed of months earlier. He said best money he ever spent on lacrosse.
I am still a couple years away from process but my wife stressing already. I wish you nothing but good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spot on???? Got a few girls on there that wont even start for their HS. If you are a Top 30 sophomore in the country and DONT start this year for your HS team, then you should be automatically removed from that list.
I saw some of those names and had to laugh. Most belong; but outside top 20. you can put any of 100 names. Those kids had application filled out by Daddy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We used NCSA and I tried responding to you and similar questions several times here and my post never seems to make it on the board 🤔.

I will try again. It’s expensive and I don’t think necessary. But, from a positive perspective, its great for your daughter to use to send out emails and see which coaches open those emails, and good for her to have someone to talk to about videos and recruiting efforts if you don’t have much interaction with your club or HS coaches on that front. I think sports recruits/IWLCA is more commonly used and is less expensive.

If you have limited financial resources, I would put my $ toward showcases and school camps instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm guessing people just don't like Under Armour. Now Juniors is happening at the same time. Let me guess Long Island, NJ and North East do Juniors and Virginia, MD and the South do UA 150? It's a shame they never have one definitive Best kids tournament. Too many people have to get paid I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm guessing people just don't like Under Armour. Now Juniors is happening at the same time. Let me guess Long Island, NJ and North East do Juniors and Virginia, MD and the South do UA 150? It's a shame they never have one definitive Best kids tournament. Too many people have to get paid I guess.

Also, there’s too many good players now. UA 150 in Baltimore was definitely not the best players around Baltimore and I questions their selection process. So what do you do if you’re a really good player and happen to not get selected for UnderArmour (now All American) or UA150 ? I guess before there was nothing you could do. Now there’s other events where other good players are so play in them such as Amer Select and Juniors open. More will keep popping up and keep attracting players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs will have the top recruits getting looks this summer? Top recruits per position: Attack, Defense, middies, goalies, draw??? Sept 1 going to be exciting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, there’s too many good players now. UA 150 in Baltimore was definitely not the best players around Baltimore and I questions their selection process. So what do you do if you’re a really good player and happen to not get selected for UnderArmour (now All American) or UA150 ? I guess before there was nothing you could do. Now there’s other events where other good players are so play in them such as Amer Select and Juniors open. More will keep popping up and keep attracting players

I don’t think there is an ideal selection process. The clubs are heavily influencing selections. With UA 150 there wasn’t even a tryout. If you add up the number of kids in these events of course there are going to be plenty of kids on the average level. I just hope they’re good enough competition on these events because it surely is watered down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think there is an ideal selection process. The clubs are heavily influencing selections. With UA 150 there wasn’t even a tryout. If you add up the number of kids in these events of course there are going to be plenty of kids on the average level. I just hope they’re good enough competition on these events because it surely is watered down.

Exactly. The Juniors open rosters came out. They are extremely watered down. But how can you expect anything other than that with 400 2025 kids playing in two tournaments the same days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie either Grizzlies or YJ Used to be Lomo.
Attack. They will dawn over JS’ daughter
Middie will be interesting. M&D or Primetime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie either Grizzlies or YJ Used to be Lomo.
Attack. They will dawn over JS’ daughter
Middie will be interesting. M&D or Primetime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs will have the top recruits getting looks this summer? Top recruits per position: Attack, Defense, middies, goalies, draw??? Sept 1 going to be exciting.

As a whole
Goalie will be Grizzlies and Yj
Attack Spallina and Primetime
Middies. M&D YJ and then a host of others (Steps, Primetime, Capital )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Goalies are amazing in CT, NY, NJ and Co has some amazing goalies too. Fewer and fewer from MD.

Capital has put out many top recruits in the past and seems to be getting stronger year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have an experience with the Maryland Showcase in July? I am pretty sure this was a money grab. My daughter signed up for it and I just noticed that they haven’t said what colleges will be there. When she read the website it o ly says colleges who attended in the past. Sue reached out to the email but they never respond to her now that they have my money. I reached out trying to cancel but they haven’t responded as well. Hoping I’m wrong and it isn’t a money grab but I doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about def top for sept 1? I’m not to familiar?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have an experience with the Maryland Showcase in July? I am pretty sure this was a money grab. My daughter signed up for it and I just noticed that they haven’t said what colleges will be there. When she read the website it o ly says colleges who attended in the past. Sue reached out to the email but they never respond to her now that they have my money. I reached out trying to cancel but they haven’t responded as well. Hoping I’m wrong and it isn’t a money grab but I doubt it.

Waste of money. Unless you are looking d3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete money grab. They should be ashamed of theirselves for leading people on. The wording is just wrong. They make you think that these big D1 coaches are there. We only saw obscure D2 and some D3. Nothing wrong with D2 or D3 but they need to be more honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is trying out for National team for first time next Wednesday.

Is it just a typical tryout? (eg 90 minutes of station play and 90 minutes of scrimmages)

Is there anything different about this tryout that my daughter should be prepared for?

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What clubs will have the top recruits getting looks this summer? Top recruits per position: Attack, Defense, middies, goalies, draw??? Sept 1 going to be exciting.

As a whole

YJ will have multiple attackers (prob 3) who will probably go top 10. Spallina is great player, arguably the best prospect on her team.

Exactly, And their 2 top middies are pretty much one-way players who will be recruited as attackers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What clubs will have the top recruits getting looks this summer? Top recruits per position: Attack, Defense, middies, goalies, draw??? Sept 1 going to be exciting.

As a whole

YJ will have multiple attackers (prob 3) who will probably go top 10. Spallina is great player, arguably the best prospect on her team.

Exactly, And their 2 top middies are pretty much one-way players who will be recruited as attackers.

I should add I'd be shocked if she doesn't end up at Cuse with her brothers (I realize this isn't a huge hot take...).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ and M&D will have the most top recruits.......followed by Steps, Capital, Primetime, CT Grizz goalie best in class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ and M&D will have the most top recruits.......followed by Steps, Capital, Primetime, CT Grizz goalie best in class

You don't think Sky Walkers and Heros won't have a few top recruits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't think Sky Walkers and Heros won't have a few top recruits?

No reason why all those clubs won't have girls commit early. Some great talent in the 2025s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers yes.....Heroes need to see a solid summer. I feel they have fallen off in terms of top recruits. Just my opinion, def could be wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a whole

And their 2 top middies are pretty much one-way players who will be recruited as attackers.

I should add I'd be shocked if she doesn't end up at Cuse with her brothers (I realize this isn't a huge hot take...).
I'm sure it was part of the negotiating and already a done deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers yes.....Heroes need to see a solid summer. I feel they have fallen off in terms of top recruits. Just my opinion, def could be wrong

Hero's has dealt with a slew of injuries over the last year or so. I know of quite a few girls that missed extended time with major injuries including 1 that has torn both ACLs. But I believe they are almost all back now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to hear about those injuries. I hope they all get healthy and back to full strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top recruits and winning T-shirts are 2 different things. Hero's and Skywalkers both have some great players that will go to top schools. Skywalkers has one of the top draw girls and one of the fastest defenders in the area, Hero's still has some great middies and a top attacker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top recruits and winning T-shirts are 2 different things. Hero's and Skywalkers both have some great players that will go to top schools. Skywalkers has one of the top draw girls and one of the fastest defenders in the area, Hero's still has some great middies and a top attacker.

It will be interesting to see if they play as a team instead of the “me” ball we have come to see…….This could make a huge difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US club lacrosse out with a list for “Rising Stars. Is the one you had to pay $150.00 to get on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see if they play as a team instead of the “me” ball we have come to see…….This could make a huge difference

Who sw or Heros. Sw has the 2 attackers that force to goal every time. Miserable to watch them and parents encourage it. Heros has the attacker that shoots every time she touches too. Really not a surprise. Every team has them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US club lacrosse out with a list for “Rising Stars. Is the one you had to pay $150.00 to get on?

Yes. If you paid you’re on it. No college coach is taking that seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think both teams have one or two midfielders that always “go to goal”.

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 58 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard