BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard another tourney same weekend of NAL that’s better.
Rebels will never get invited to NAL nor NLF. That's why their best kids will leave by 5th grade

Care to explain why? Right now Igloo and Rebels are clearly the best at this age group and it is not close. Why would a tournament not invite 2 of the best teams?

Rebels tend to be a perennial B club overall. Just because they have 1 or 2 good teams at a younger age no one is going to throw the doors open when spots are limited unless the traditional invited teams decline. As history tends to repeat, the best players on the one off unicorn teams will eventually leave and play at Express or 91, especially if they go Catholic. So no need to change tournament invite models.
I know, this time is different. But it’s probably not. When the parents start to pick up that they are being left out of the best tournaments and the bigger clubs come knocking at the door with tuition discounts, the #Rebelsforlife thing falls apart.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels will never get invited to NAL nor NLF. That's why their best kids will leave by 5th grade

Care to explain why? Right now Igloo and Rebels are clearly the best at this age group and it is not close. Why would a tournament not invite 2 of the best teams?

Rebels tend to be a perennial B club overall. Just because they have 1 or 2 good teams at a younger age no one is going to throw the doors open when spots are limited unless the traditional invited teams decline. As history tends to repeat, the best players on the one off unicorn teams will eventually leave and play at Express or 91, especially if they go Catholic. So no need to change tournament invite models.
I know, this time is different. But it’s probably not. When the parents start to pick up that they are being left out of the best tournaments and the bigger clubs come knocking at the door with tuition discounts, the #Rebelsforlife thing falls apart.

I understand what you are saying. I think the obsession with the NAL of NLF being the only good tournaments is silly. Legacy has mostly b teams and ther 2024 was dominant and has a ton of D1 commits. So it is possible for a team not in the Big 2 to have a successful run. Time will tell. I don’t see anyone running over to 91 anytime soon because the team is a dumpster fire with daddy ball. 8 dad coaches and from what I hear some of their kids shouldn’t be on the team. CoachC will start making his hard push for players after this year and next.

Bottom line is there will be movement every year on all these teams. These dominant youth teams have very few of the same kids on the team when they get to high school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are the club all good players are going too. Your 91/express reference is a joke. New sheriff on Long Island. 32/31/30 are all top 10 in country. Keep blowing your smoke, every good thing comes to a end. 91/express are going to decline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels only started a year before Covid…. Pretty impressive where they are now, can’t expect all AAA teams right away… but they have a few and seems to be more each year especially young ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was a BIG shake up in coaching on the 2031 AA Igloo team, anyone know the details?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels 30/31/32 teams are ranked but there aren’t rankings for this rage groups so we just take your word for it?
Beat it; we know the Rebels owner comments on here, check the 30 thread…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In NY I believe its calendar year (i.e. if you were born on 12/30/12 you could/should be in 5th grade technically). Yes LI teams have a few players born in late fall or early winter of 2012 (vs the large majority of 31's being born in 2013), but I'd guess that on Igloo, Rebels, Shore, etc... its <5% of the team (1-3 kids) (if that).

I'd also guess that most of those kids were born in Nov or Dec of 12. In MD, from what I've heard/read (please correct me if I'm wrong) the large majority of kids are 12's and handful are 11's. Therefore, if MD dad's are saying our best players are "fall 12's" that means the majority of your team is almost a year older than most LI teams. Thats a huge difference....and huge advantage. Why would you even want your kids playing "down"? Curious to hear if this is correct....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the rebels have some great kids and are top 3 on LI (top 3 changes every tourney so let’s relax before you come back with “REBELS ARE #1)) but they have some parents and coaches that are an embarrassment to themselves and their kids.

They are already the most loathed team on the Island b/c of their behavior and its going to get them banned/not invited to tourneys. Who wants to watch a 9yo lax game with one Rebels parent threatening to punch another parent – all over a 9yo lacrosse game (yes - it happened).

I've been at several tourneys and witnessed parents arguing, rebels coaches saying derogatory things about other players, etc… It’s an embarrassment to youth sports. This should be fun, friendly competition. Yeah, it’s great to win but the next day, the kids will remember the sideline parent and/or coach behavior more than the win or loss. Its a shame, b/c you can see that kids will begin to emulate that behavior at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Rebels parent, I can promise you that we don't condone or support that type of behavior. Yes, I know the exact situation you're referring to and parents on both teams were at fault. It doesn't excuse our parent but please don't point fingers if you don't know exactly what happened. We love our team... and our families are very supportive, and protective, of each other. Hopefully, none of this nonsense continues this year.

You guys all spend a lot of time on here convincing fellow lax families that we're untalented [Censored]. The obsession is a little weird. If you don't like our club, just don't join.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Rebels parent, I can promise you that we don't condone or support that type of behavior. Yes, I know the exact situation you're referring to and parents on both teams were at fault. It doesn't excuse our parent but please don't point fingers if you don't know exactly what happened. We love our team... and our families are very supportive, and protective, of each other. Hopefully, none of this nonsense continues this year.

You guys all spend a lot of time on here convincing fellow lax families that we're untalented [Censored]. The obsession is a little weird. If you don't like our club, just don't join.

Well said. I am also a Rebels parent and echo your sentiments 100%. My son has been on another club and I could not agree more on how happy he is being on Rebels. The environment is very family like and it's fun to see them grow. Winning isn't everything we just happen to do it a lot (on all three 2031 teams). It seems there is a lot of saltiness out there not sure why. Most of the kids all play with each other on PALs and know one another cross/ clubs.

There is accountability, team playing and behavior described is definitely not condoned. I think what one person/ parent does should not reflect the overall perception of the club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one said "untalented". Its a very, very talented team, just seem to be a lot of BS on the sidelines when playing rebels vs other team. I agree both parents are at fault, but seems to happen quite a bit more often with rebels parents/coaches than anywhere else. Haven't heard anyone complain of any other teams coaches or parents on this board. That being all said, congrats on having a great team. Nice to see someone other than 91 or express have great teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a MD team, our oldest kids were born after 1 September 2012, which puts the claimed "1 year" age difference closer to 3-4 months. No matter which way you break up the ages, some teams will have a slight age advantage, but the amount of parents on this board claiming all MD club kids are hold backs and "11 year old 2031s" is so far from reality.

The top LI teams, similar to the top NJ, PA, MA, and MD all have outstanding kids, the difference appears far more related to coaching than to age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In NY I believe its calendar year (i.e. if you were born on 12/30/12 you could/should be in 5th grade technically). Yes LI teams have a few players born in late fall or early winter of 2012 (vs the large majority of 31's being born in 2013), but I'd guess that on Igloo, Rebels, Shore, etc... its <5% of the team (1-3 kids) (if that).

I'd also guess that most of those kids were born in Nov or Dec of 12. In MD, from what I've heard/read (please correct me if I'm wrong) the large majority of kids are 12's and handful are 11's. Therefore, if MD dad's are saying our best players are "fall 12's" that means the majority of your team is almost a year older than most LI teams. Thats a huge difference....and huge advantage. Why would you even want your kids playing "down"? Curious to hear if this is correct....
MD dad of AAA player on with no holdbacks. The players on the team are 10 with a few still 9 and none turning 11. 10 is the 2031 age. Hope this helps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a MD team, our oldest kids were born after 1 September 2012, which puts the claimed "1 year" age difference closer to 3-4 months. No matter which way you break up the ages, some teams will have a slight age advantage, but the amount of parents on this board claiming all MD club kids are hold backs and "11 year old 2031s" is so far from reality.

The top LI teams, similar to the top NJ, PA, MA, and MD all have outstanding kids, the difference appears far more related to coaching than to age.
What do except from a bunch of people who voted for George Santos as their congressman? Just like America runs on Dunkin, LI runs on delusions of grandeur. When they beat bad teams in PA tournaments, they’re “ranked” and when they lose it’s because they have a bunch of 8 yos who are playing against 12 yos from Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If July is MD cutoff it’s almost impossible for most of your team not to be born in 12. You basically confirmed our views. Most kids in MD are 10. You maybe have 2-3 10yo as of January 2022. They didn’t turn 10 until Nov/Dec. so thanks for verifying what we all suspected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just confirmed what we all thought. The kids are 10 playing against 8/9 yo lol. Not one kid was 10 last spring or this fall in LI. They likely turned 10 December and through 2023. In fact many have spring and summer birthdays so you’re playing with kids that at 6 months - 1 Year younger.

End of day that’s why they are starting this new rule in USA lacrosse. Won’t be able to play if your kid was born before Sept

Touché on George Santos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t this whole age discrepancy the reason they are changing the rules? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did have 8 and 9 yo this fall and summer and not one 10. You all confirmed what we all thought lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did have 8 and 9 yo this fall and summer and not one 10. You all confirmed what we all thought lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just confirmed what we all thought. The kids are 10 playing against 8/9 yo lol. Not one kid was 10 last spring or this fall in LI. They likely turned 10 December and through 2023. In fact many have spring and summer birthdays so you’re playing with kids that at 6 months - 1 Year younger.

End of day that’s why they are starting this new rule in USA lacrosse. Won’t be able to play if your kid was born before Sept

Touché on George Santos
None of our boys turned 10 before September! They’ll all be 10 in spring just like your future resume-padding, finhead wannabe clones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that escalated quickly...

As we said earlier we are good with MD 10+11 year olds coming up to LI and taking the 5 hour drive (MD Dads can come too). We are ready this spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Touché on George Santos
None of our boys turned 10 before September! They’ll all be 10 in spring just like your future resume-padding, finhead wannabe clones.

Can all the Maryland dads please go back to the Maryland thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Touché on George Santos

Can all the Maryland dads please go back to the Maryland thread.

Nah. We beat you in the summer and then watch you come here to complain about 11yos beating 8yos. Just trying to keep it real. Get good. Stop being delusional George Santos voters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have questionable ethics when it comes to reclassing your kids, but its okay, its allowed. However, name calling 4th graders is a different level of low. C'mon. And no one here is defending George Santos so bringing him up twice now is weird.

Just curious.... what team does your son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have questionable ethics when it comes to reclassing your kids, but its okay, its allowed. However, name calling 4th graders is a different level of low. C'mon. And no one here is defending George Santos so bringing him up twice now is weird.

Just curious.... what team does your son play for?

He won't say because the probability is he is a hoco coach trying to recruit LI teams to play in their tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Igloo and Rebels are the best out there. The statement about them leaving by 5th grade was probably made by a HOCO dad or coach propagandist to bring solid competition for his 11 year olds. I say we form like Voltron and just this one time bring Igloo and Rebels to create Rebgloo and whoop some 11 year old HOCO kids jkjk.

Top kids will leave in the next 2 years, history has proven.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that was aggressive response...sounds like we all struck a nerve of that guy.

1) Isn't this why USA lacrosse is changing the rules (which is proof in of itself).

2) you all confirmed without realizing it what everyone from LI knew. There is enough of an age difference for it to matter. You stated "our oldest kids were 10 in the fall". If the cutoff is July, its reasonable to conclude that at least 1/2 or the majority of kids were born in summer, fall and Winter of 2012. In LI b/c the age cutoff is 12/30/12, I'd guess 1-2 kids (per team) were born in December (maybe 1 in November) (on my kids team I know of 2 kids that were born last week of December that's it), but none before. Therefore your "10 year olds" are playing against kids that are 8 and 9, which makes the age difference minimum of 6 months but on average probably more like 8-10 months). That's a huge difference...even if just 6 or 8 months on average...that's a big difference. The facts all you HOCO dads stated basically confirm this all to be true. They are still great kids and teams don't get me wrong, but its basically us playing up a year and your teams playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WELL SAID! Numbers don't lie. This is exactly why HOCO is fighting this age/rule change. The kids will still be very good b/c there are good kids and coaches everywhere, just certain teams won't be as dominate b/c they will be forced to play against kids their own age. Maybe the 6-12 month average age difference is now 1-4 months...for example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With Igloo and Rebels Stealth as the top two teams how do you see S2S, Express, Express East, Legacy, 91 and any other teams ranking against one another?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express east S2S 91 then who knows about legacy and express. They all have a few good players. No depth like Reb igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone released their tournament schedules?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think shore is right there + smaller roster, which is great. All these teams will be good once they find their core players. Rebs, Igloo, etc.. just got lucky and found it earlier. Notice the MD dads had zero responses to any of the points above. End of day this is why they are changing the rules to make it fairer. Some MD teams will beat LI and Vice Versa, but at least its even playing field. BTW - Didn't Igloo win some tourney in DE and/or PA in the fall against MD teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parent, Igloo won NAL, Rebels came down last spring and beat all the teams. No parent argues the talent and ability of LI teams, and really enjoy playing them. Not sure why LI parent thinks all MD kids are hold backs in 4th grade. That is simply not the case. From a team that plays the top LI teams, our first kids turned 10 in the fall of 22 (September 2012 birthdate). Which puts them at most 4 months older than the LI kids.

US lacrosse uses the same 1 September age cutoff, so all of our boys would still be on age. The constant need to justify the reason your kids a game is insane. Until there is age verification at tournaments, LI lax dad will always have this crutch to use, but the reality is you'll see the same MD teams. And you'll win some of those games and lose some of those games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are either naive or obtuse to suggest MD teams don’t have holdbacks. If your sons team doesn’t have any yet, they will. That’s not conjecture; that’s a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet everyone from LI will drive down...i don't get it. Just stop going to MD tourney's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet everyone from LI will drive down...i don't get it. Just stop going to MD tourney's.

It's really up to the clubs, which most have not yet released their spring/ summer tourney schedules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best part of interacting with LI people is saying ‘our oldest boys turned 10 in [er months] and LI parents saying “see! I told you they’re 11 while ours are 8 and 9”. XD

LI represent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best part of interacting with LI people is saying ‘our oldest boys turned 10 in [er months] and LI parents saying “see! I told you they’re 11 while ours are 8 and 9”. XD

LI represent!

Are you saying you guys might need 12 year olds to compete with our guys turning 10 this year? Asking for a friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI represent!

Are you saying you guys might need 12 year olds to compete with our guys turning 10 this year? Asking for a friend.
It says our MD boys (at least my son’s team) are all 10. If you reread the burn, it was clear I’m mocking the George Santos-electing mentality of LI parents. Our kids with their September 2012 birthdays are at most 3 months older than yours.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard