BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Legacy and Riptide Merger Announcement

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big news! And pretty interesting timing. This now the club to watch over the next year.

Best of luck!

ps - whats the club name?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big news! And pretty interesting timing. This now the club to watch over the next year.

Best of luck!

This revised club will operate under the Legacy Lacrosse name with a new logo/brand already launched on their web site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Best of luck!

This revised club will operate under the Legacy Lacrosse name with a new logo/brand already launched on their web site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this just blows up everything. At 2021 with two teams combining how many spots will be available to outsiders ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this just blows up everything. At 2021 with two teams combining how many spots will be available to outsiders ?

Outsiders? I think they have been clear that every spot open. Now I am not naive - do the coaches - know kids that have played for them better - yes. But I find it hard to believe that they would not take the best 20-22 player they see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outsiders? I think they have been clear that every spot open. Now I am not naive - do the coaches - know kids that have played for them better - yes. But I find it hard to believe that they would not take the best 20-22 player they see.

I hope every spot is open and goes to the most deserved player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many more questions. What happens to the Riptide coaches? What happens to the entire teams at multiple age levels that just went poof? Curious timing with upcoming tryouts. This is may be good solely for Legacy but is not good for the players or club lacrosse landscape. RIP RIPtide. Nassau county keeps adding programs and suffolk just lost another one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riptide was not one of the most Elite Programs nor were their coaches, so this is a good thing for those coming from Riptide I think, and I have no ties to either program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riptide was not one of the most Elite Programs nor were their coaches, so this is a good thing for those coming from Riptide I think, and I have no ties to either program.

The parents and players on Riptide were extremely happy. Now instead of the Parisi being included it the tuition I will have to pay extra with Legacy. Instead of the $995 I can pay $1495 plus extra for winter league, spring league, winter training. This seems like a great way for Zummo to get the best EI and Islip players that play for Riptide but it seems like a horrible deal for Riptide parents and people who were planning on trying out for Riptide. Convenient though that they announce the merge after people have paid for BOTH teams tryouts. Way to go Zummo!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many more questions. What happens to the Riptide coaches? What happens to the entire teams at multiple age levels that just went poof? Curious timing with upcoming tryouts. This is may be good solely for Legacy but is not good for the players or club lacrosse landscape. RIP RIPtide. Nassau county keeps adding programs and suffolk just lost another one.

Nassau keeps watering down the club scene fighting to keep kids in their program. This just helped suffolk/nassau to have 2 groups combine to compete against the powerhouses. Lets give it a year and see how it goes. It worked for 91 when they absorbed organizations I bet it will work here. Good Luck to all involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, will have the best coaches and players from each organization. Teams and coaching will greatly improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least we do not have to see those hideous green and orange jerseys anymore.

Like Reply Quote
L
Legacy
Unregistered
Legacy
Unregistered
L

The parents and players on Riptide were extremely happy. Now instead of the Parisi being included it the tuition I will have to pay extra with Legacy. Instead of the $995 I can pay $1495 plus extra for winter league, spring league, winter training. This seems like a great way for Zummo to get the best EI and Islip players that play for Riptide but it seems like a horrible deal for Riptide parents and people who were planning on trying out for Riptide. Convenient though that they announce the merge after people have paid for BOTH teams tryouts. Way to go Zummo!

We wanted to take the time to address some of your concerns:

1. Tryouts - If a player was registered for both tryouts they will receive a refund for one of them.

2. Parisi Speed School is still going to be included.

3. The coaching staffs from Riptide will become a part of legacy.

4. Legacy / Riptide have adjusted there team fee to help accommodate everyone. It is now $1300. Which includes Helmet, Gloves, Uniform, Bag, Practice Jersey,socks and t-shirt. All items that were either not offered or charged extra for. No Hidden Costs.

5. The only thing included in the old $995 tuition - was the tournaments, t-shirt, spring/summer pracrices and parisi. Everything else was done on a team by team basis and cost extra.

The merge was meant to help all the kids and be able to offer them a program that will help them grow as players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every Player gets the same opportunity. If your son is good enough to make the team he will be on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I planned on having my kid tryout for Legacy but not Riptide. If the Riptide coaches are going to be the coaches of the legacy teams what's the benefit? I was told all kids are staying as well. Is there really room for new kids ? Could there be more than one team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I planned on having my kid tryout for Legacy but not Riptide. If the Riptide coaches are going to be the coaches of the legacy teams what's the benefit? I was told all kids are staying as well. Is there really room for new kids ? Could there be more than one team ?

"They are all staying" meaning they were trying out for legacy anyway. Decisions were just made easy for many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not for nothin but the Riptide team I saw was pretty tight, parents and coaches. No way they just cut them loose with no assurances from Legacy that they would be taken care off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are building an elite program - that is the benefit. This weekend was various (not all) 91 and Express tryouts and 1000s of kids were on those fields from multiple areas. Why... they are the successful. That is what LL is aspiring to be. (And I am not from LL & this not self promoting)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question still remains what happens to all those kids from Riptide. Is it an open competition or are there spots already filled up from prior Riptide kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not for nothin but the Riptide team I saw was pretty tight, parents and coaches. No way they just cut them loose with no assurances from Legacy that they would be taken care off.

What age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question still remains what happens to all those kids from Riptide. Is it an open competition or are there spots already filled up from prior Riptide kids.

Of course there will be spots saved for them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see the list of Legacy coaches?? Insane Not sure anybody needs to worry about coaching at Legacy. The riptide coaches will fit in with them. Not a bad combination.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think if they are going through all this and trying to build. They are going to put the best talent together of the kids that show up. I believe the only advantage a current player would have is that a coach has seen the kid develop and if there is new kid and they are about the same - of course they'll opt for the one they know. But if there is clearly better talent - then they'll upgrade. This is my opinion - but I think it makes sense. Probably going to upset a parent or two. I am sure if you ask LL they'll tell you every spot is open - like every club says.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original poster is THAT NEGATIVE PARENT. Always commenting before facts are known. There always one...Probably two.

Thank you Legacy for clarifying and yes I believe my son will have a much better opportunity within the Legacy organization should be make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there still be only one team per age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That surfer logo Riptide had was a pretty cool - Long Islandesk logo. Legacy (being based on the South Shore) should look to incorporate that picture some how.

Originally Posted by CageSage

Best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke to someone who is involved with the guys behind Legacy/Riptide. The goal of putting these teams together was to make a true A team to compete with the big guys and to have an A-, B+, B team whatever that second group of kids are. I think its fair to say that there is plenty of room for kids to make this organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you need to go to both try outs?

Can someone from Legacy please respond.

Like Reply Quote
L
Legacy
Unregistered
Legacy
Unregistered
L
Do you need to go to both try outs?

Can someone from Legacy please respond.

You don't need to attend both tryouts. We understand people have multiple tryouts to attend and other commitments. The reason for 2 tryouts is to help accommodate everyone's schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One tryout is fine. We offer both dates in case someone has a conflict.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke to someone who is involved with the guys behind Legacy/Riptide. The goal of putting these teams together was to make a true A team to compete with the big guys and to have an A-, B+, B team whatever that second group of kids are. I think its fair to say that there is plenty of room for kids to make this organization.

Not really. With the combination of the two teams the number of openings on the A team just shrunk, loyalty to past players which is almost always present will fill the majority of the B team and then have a few openings left. There may be a third team but the top two teams will suck up the players who could help carry it. Not saying Legacy did ANYTHING wrong but it is what it is. The merging of these two teams diminishes the chances for outside players. the people I know who had been very interested in this club are now scrambling and trying to firm up back up plans

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. With the combination of the two teams the number of openings on the A team just shrunk, loyalty to past players which is almost always present will fill the majority of the B team and then have a few openings left. There may be a third team but the top two teams will suck up the players who could help carry it. Not saying Legacy did ANYTHING wrong but it is what it is. The merging of these two teams diminishes the chances for outside players. the people I know who had been very interested in this club are now scrambling and trying to firm up back up plans

Why? If anything this club got stronger. There wasn't hardly any team overlap. My guess is this will have a few grades of top quality teams. Say from 2020 down. Higher up is tough. However, 2018 A Riptide team was competitive - not Extreme or Terps level - but next notch down. Who knows add a few to that team....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy will take the best kids based on results from tryouts. Entire goal of merger is to create 2 strong teams per age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that Legacy did not have a 2019 team last season. So we can jump to conclusions. The 2019 riptide team was not even close to a strong b team. This should be an interesting tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 spots just shrunk to 10 spots open for outsiders now with the merger. It went from 1 full B team open and maybe a couple of better A kid spots, to a couple of better Legacy A team spots and a couple of better Riptide spots.

Anyone who thinks that these Riptide kids will be displaced is crazy.

I believe originally Zummo was suppose to coach the 2021 team also, but that changed as well. Nothing new for these guys. Very disappointing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 spots just shrunk to 10 spots open for outsiders now with the merger. It went from 1 full B team open and maybe a couple of better A kid spots, to a couple of better Legacy A team spots and a couple of better Riptide spots.

I believe originally Zummo was suppose to coach the 2021 team also, but that changed as well. Nothing new for these guys. Very disappointing.

Question: why do we assume that the existing legacy kids will fill an A team - they weren't an A team last year and allot of B B+ players. why not just goto the tryout and see what happens vs complaining. If your kid is good enough he will make the A team if they even have an A team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question: why do we assume that the existing legacy kids will fill an A team - they weren't an A team last year and allot of B B+ players. why not just goto the tryout and see what happens vs complaining. If your kid is good enough he will make the A team if they even have an A team

Because Zummo has told people he is loyal. Because in order to displace a kid you have to blow him away in tryouts. You have fathers with kids on these teams, think there spot is up for grabs ? We all know they never are and I am not bitching but the truth is that the amount of those spots just doubled. No way Riptide walks away without some promises about certain players. Many of the players you described above will be given spots on the second team. Bottom line , you went from 40 spots with under 20 players returning to 40 spots and around 35 returning players. You went from a wide open B team to this. Again, not saying anything was done wrong here , not complaining but it is what it is. Its like when they draft a guy in the top 10 and the GM says it will be an open competition for that spot, we all know its not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless, if the intent of this merger is to compete with the larger programs..... 91, Express, fl$ Etc, which by the way, have multiple teams per age group. The larger teams try outs specifically said just because you had spots last year, doesn't mean it's yours this year. If another player comes in and is more stronger, more talented etc, that kid deserves the spot. They want to field the best team they can.

That being said if they are close in talent, strength etc, then that's the coaches call. Bottom line, the best players should be playing the best players from other teams. I know this might upset parents and players, but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is that Zummo is not the final say on how they go about the business side of this merger. He may be running the tryouts and coaching a few teams but something tells me there are pretty slick business people behind the scenes ensuring that the new Legacy organization is morally and ethically sound because don't be surprised who will be in the running as the top club next year right next to Team91 and Express.............. LEGACY. That being said; everyone will get to compete for an OPEN spot and the best 22 kids will get them. Just like any other organization shows loyalty; if two kids are equal and one is an existing Legacy/riptide player and one is a brand new kid trying out........................ they should give the nod to the Legacy/Riptide kid.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard