BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 158 of 251 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So far it looks like HoCo numbers are:
Elite 8
AAA 9
AA 9
A 6
B 1

Who is in Elite?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With Looneys and KP imploding, Preds is nicely slotted as the 4th best club in Baltimore.

They won’t surpass FCA, Crabs or 91 MD anytime soon but so what. That’s very respectable for a second year club.

BOTC is no place for honest and reasonable talk like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big yawn. USA Lax has zero influence and no governance. HS lax is the determining factor and their eligibility rules are not set by USA lax. That's the driving force.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big yawn. USA Lax has zero influence and no governance. HS lax is the determining factor and their eligibility rules are not set by USA lax. That's the driving force.

Actually they have a lot of influence over youth lacrosse and have agreement from many clubs and tournament directors to provide age based tournaments. Sorry but if you have a youth player he may have to play with kids his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they have a lot of influence over youth lacrosse and have agreement from many clubs and tournament directors to provide age based tournaments. Sorry but if you have a youth player he may have to play with kids his own age.

They have none, Please list any top level clubs or tournaments who have agreed to age based criteria. I'll wait...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has zero influence with the big clubs and tournaments. I'm not saying it won't change eventually, but I'm suspect it will be quick....as it our boys will be long gone before it happens. Also, the market will most likely decide what ultimately happens as $ome $mart club owner$ go age-based and offer what you mentioned. However, if the players bodies don't follow that model it just won't happen country-wide.....and we will all be paying more money for lacrosse (regional teams) and age based tournaments (national teams??? Maybe....i dunno) as they pop up. Just my worthless 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Controversial opinion here, but why is it that there is such an uproar about "holdbacks." The Canadian model for hockey and lacrosse is a two-year window. E.g., PeeWees this year are kids with birth years of 2011 AND 2012. The spread is up to 23 months between kids. It seems like the problem with those who detest "holdbacks" is that their kid will never be in the "older" group. If that's the complaint, I get it. But let's remove this talk of its unfair for older kids to play against younger ones, or safety. The model seems to be working just fine for our northern neighbors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Controversial opinion here, but why is it that there is such an uproar about "holdbacks." The Canadian model for hockey and lacrosse is a two-year window. E.g., PeeWees this year are kids with birth years of 2011 AND 2012. The spread is up to 23 months between kids. It seems like the problem with those who detest "holdbacks" is that their kid will never be in the "older" group. If that's the complaint, I get it. But let's remove this talk of its unfair for older kids to play against younger ones, or safety. The model seems to be working just fine for our northern neighbors.

If by "working just fine" you mean that the players that receive the most development and become most dominant, are the ones at the very beginning of that two year birth window. Well researched by non-sports statisticians as well.

I've given up at this point and I've seen that, strangely, my kid seems to play better or "more free" when he plays UP. Just saying, if there's no advantage, nobody would do it because between private school tuition and another year of club dues, holding back a kid costs $30K ish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You aren’t tracking the issue. The problem, using your example, will be when a kid born in 2010 or 2009 is playing in the age bracket with kids naturally slotted in the 2011/2012 bracket. They are able to do this because it Lax is GRADE based and they are able to holdback the child once and sometimes twice. It is easier to holdback when a child goes to private school or switches from public to private. I have seen my 11 year old son play up an age bracket against 16 year olds playing down. Our choice to play up but not our choice to have a 16 year old with a man body in the league. I guess it is good at some level for the 16 year old doing swim moves over kids who aren’t even 5 ft yet.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NL got some great talent #4,#3,#2,#77,#99, and #95 these boys can play, and madlax tried offering them all roster spots, darn cabel

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has zero influence with the big clubs and tournaments. I'm not saying it won't change eventually, but I'm suspect it will be quick....as it our boys will be long gone before it happens. Also, the market will most likely decide what ultimately happens as $ome $mart club owner$ go age-based and offer what you mentioned. However, if the players bodies don't follow that model it just won't happen country-wide.....and we will all be paying more money for lacrosse (regional teams) and age based tournaments (national teams??? Maybe....i dunno) as they pop up. Just my worthless 2 cents.

You're almost right. It will happen when/if King Krab sells out, when Millon and others sell out their brands, when the last Kelly kid has gotten his full scholarship, etc.

The youth game is shifting to a massive corporate model and 3 Step, Apex, Trilogy, Aloha, True Inc., etc do not care whether the kids are held back or not.

Honestly I'd give it another 5-8 years before it's in place. It will never, ever affect the 2028s (my kid is on age fyi).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. Rec lacrosse in Virginia is the same, a two year age window, where players are theoretically 23 months apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by DMVLAX
NL got some great talent #4,#3,#2,#77,#99, and #95 these boys can play, and madlax tried offering them all roster spots, darn cabel

I'm assuming that NL is offering roster spots to ML kids too?? The Bethesda cold war.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to piggyback on this comment, I'm envisioning third year of 7th grade in your future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rhino ATL

A team of local GA kids mopped up everyone at Sandstorm.

How refreshing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rhino ATL

How refreshing.

What club do these local GA kids play for in summer? Never heard of Rhino or any other GA 2028 team making noise at the big summer tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Landon isn’t giving you guys enough to do during school. Maybe you should focus on trying to beat Mater Dei this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surveilling and then anonymously reporting on individual 12 and 13 yr old boys isn't creepy or disturbing at all. especially for an organization connected with Opus Dei.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do teams out of NY have kids with thick legs? Taller than most. They may be graduating 2028 but they can not be 12 and 13. Someone has to verify these kids. Player authenticate will not cut it. These rosters need to be public. Name and verified birth date so we know these players belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surveilling and then anonymously reporting on individual 12 and 13 yr old boys isn't creepy or disturbing at all. especially for an organization connected with Opus Dei.

Not op but you have to be blind not to notice the size difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series rankings got me like 🤣😂🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the size of the individual 12-13 yr old boys is what makes the surveillance and individual reporting less creepy and disturbing. Got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mater Dei isn't associated with Opus Dei. Not sure where you heard that, but sounds like a Chevy Chase Club-Landon rumor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No clue as to MD but The Heights sure is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No clue as to MD but The Heights sure is.

I have lost track of what the discussion is about - is there a point buried in here anywhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there never hawk talk?? Kids all playing for different national teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC 2028 has historically been a repository/dumpster for Hawks talk. For whatever reason, the squad had a bad fall season, and the crestfallen hardo dads and moms have retreated to the land of sadness for awhile.

Yes, several of them are playing and making an impact on national teams. For whatever that's worth.

-not a Hawks dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is going to be strong in HoCo this spring - based on the fall MadLax, NextLevel, and Hawks all seem to have gotten worse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Hawks....ML dad here so attack me after you read.

I saw a bunch of Hawks dads over the summer/fall at tournies and clinics. I always ask them why the individuals play for JM....or whatever and not Nations Best...etc. All pretty much had the same answer....boys just want to play with different kids/coaches and locations. Makes sense to me. There is a lot of those same feelings on ML, but it's strongly discouraged. In fact, parents have gotten into it with the coach over the past couple of months. The other big rub is half+ of the team gets a green light to play other sports in the fall and miss the entire fall season....but if you want to do a one-off national team, etc all heck breaks loose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is going to be strong in HoCo this spring - based on the fall MadLax, NextLevel, and Hawks all seem to have gotten worse?

You should not base anything off of Fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall ball is not indicative of spring competitiveness. So many kids not playing. Even heard rumors some kids may only play scholastic this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've heard that Adrenaline is trying to jump the line and set the precedent on this. Rumor has it that Adrenaline's 2023-2024 tournaments will be age-based but based on birth year (Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec. 31, 2009 / Jan. 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2010) rather than being based on U.S. Lacrosse's recommended Sep. 1-age-based-cut off. So age based tournaments might be coming to lacrosse but the holdbacks will still be the winners--even as a result of this "change."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC 2028 has historically been a repository/dumpster for Hawks talk. For whatever reason, the squad had a bad fall season, and the crestfallen hardo dads and moms have retreated to the land of sadness for awhile.

Yes, several of them are playing and making an impact on national teams. For whatever that's worth.

-not a Hawks dad

Maybe they were just missing the short Dad who starts yelling at them before the game even starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rhino ATL

How refreshing.

What club do these local GA kids play for in summer? Never heard of Rhino or any other GA 2028 team making noise at the big summer tourneys.

Rhino ATL is a collection of the best of the best players from LB3 Thunder 2028, Team 91 Georgia 2028, and 3d Georgia 2028. Some of the dads put Rhino together to play fun tournaments like Sand Storm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By that time these kids will be in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've heard that Adrenaline is trying to jump the line and set the precedent on this. Rumor has it that Adrenaline's 2023-2024 tournaments will be age-based but based on birth year (Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec. 31, 2009 / Jan. 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2010) rather than being based on U.S. Lacrosse's recommended Sep. 1-age-based-cut off. So age based tournaments might be coming to lacrosse but the holdbacks will still be the winners--even as a result of this "change."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize some people have more than 1 kid right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize some people have more than 1 kid right?

Good luck to the holdbacks that want to repeat 8th grade too when they get there, lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rhino ATL

How refreshing.

Rhino ATL is a collection of the best of the best players from LB3 Thunder 2028, Team 91 Georgia 2028, and 3d Georgia 2028. Some of the dads put Rhino together to play fun tournaments like Sand Storm.
They are very good but are by no means a regular local team. They also make MD kids look young

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rhino ATL

How refreshing.

They are very good but are by no means a regular local team. They also make MD kids look young

They legit look like they are 14 or older. It’s just silly. How old are these kids when they graduate in 2028 lol

Like Reply Quote
Page 158 of 251 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard