BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 245 of 264 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"High Profile" high school lacrosse players. LOL. Guess I will see them on ESPN tomorrow morning. Right up there next to Lebron James kids highlights. Hope your kid scores 10 against Copiague High School this year to keep his profile up.

Appreciate the standard BOTC “anonymous” sarcasm. High profile kids are players that are committed to high level D1 programs, who are well known at the high school level.

You mean in Long Island? Because that’s as big as their profile.

No. I meant “on” Long Island. However, a lot of players on LI have profiles that are national in scope. There are several LI club teams that are among the very best in the nation, if not “the” best. Naturally these teams have LI players, committed to premier D1 programs, that have national recognition. This is news to you???

There are several HS kids on LI that have national NIL deals and that number is growing all of the time. By definition, these kids have “high profiles”.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"High Profile" high school lacrosse players. LOL. Guess I will see them on ESPN tomorrow morning. Right up there next to Lebron James kids highlights. Hope your kid scores 10 against Copiague High School this year to keep his profile up.

Appreciate the standard BOTC “anonymous” sarcasm. High profile kids are players that are committed to high level D1 programs, who are well known at the high school level.

No. I meant “on” Long Island. However, a lot of players on LI have profiles that are national in scope. There are several LI club teams that are among the very best in the nation, if not “the” best. Naturally these teams have LI players, committed to premier D1 programs, that have national recognition. This is news to you???

There are several HS kids on LI that have national NIL deals and that number is growing all of the time. By definition, these kids have “high profiles”.

Tell me, how big is lacrosse “nationally”? Is it bigger than girls softball? What about volleyball? ESPN gives more exposure to spike ball. So very “high profile “

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aside from Spallina can you name them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am aware of several but not going to named them here. There’s more deals announced all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am aware of several but not going to named them here. There’s more deals announced all the time.

Oddly enough, when you check the websites there are none other than Spallina, makes me think you're fabricating this. Considering its public information what's the secret?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet most kids in the same school as these "High Profile" lax players don't even know who they are. Go to your sons(AKA the next Rabil) school and randomly ask kids if they know he is. I think you would be in for a surprise. Might deflate your head a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet most kids in the same school as these "High Profile" lax players don't even know who they are. Go to your sons(AKA the next Rabil) school and randomly ask kids if they know he is. I think you would be in for a surprise. Might deflate your head a bit.

A couple of them can be seen wearing their sponsored red helmets…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oddly enough, when you check the websites there are none other than Spallina, makes me think you're fabricating this. Considering its public information what's the secret?

I’ve seen announcements via Instagram for STX. Definitely some kids from the island. There are other companies too. It’s still an emerging phenomenon at the HS level, and growing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen announcements via Instagram for STX. Definitely some kids from the island. There are other companies too. It’s still an emerging phenomenon at the HS level, and growing.

I know of some Legacy and 91 kids that have deals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like what? a pair of slides, a few t shirts and a new head. Seriously nobody in HS or college for that matter is getting rich off lacrosse NIL deals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like what? a pair of slides, a few t shirts and a new head. Seriously nobody in HS or college for that matter is getting rich off lacrosse NIL deals.

Seriously. No where in this thread did it state that anyone was getting rich. Please reread the post and do your best to stay on topic. Geeesh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously. No where in this thread did it state that anyone was getting rich. Please reread the post and do your best to stay on topic. Geeesh.

And yet HS football and basketball players in HS are getting substantial money. College players getting millions. College lacrosse players getting a ham sandwich. It’s not a new phenomenon by the way, it’s been around for a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet HS football and basketball players in HS are getting substantial money. College players getting millions. College lacrosse players getting a ham sandwich. It’s not a new phenomenon by the way, it’s been around for a bit.

College lacrosse players are now getting meaningful NIL money. 10k-20k per year and more. Google it. It’s changing recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious. How many D1 commits do the top public schools have? Looking for team specific numbers, if possible.

Massapequa has 3 and Farmingdale has 4. Dalers going all the way this year.

Manhasset has 8 D1’s. Beat that!

Manhasset going undefeated this year. Only team on LI that can beat them is St. A’s.

Other teams that they historically play who might beat them this coming year: Chaminade, Garden City, Darien, Cold Spring Harbor.

What are you talking about Manhasset going undefeated ?? Besides fogo you graduated all your good offensive players. 2024 class not so good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8 D-1 current players are mainly offensive players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset also dropped down a division to win a championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know that's not how it works right? Division is based on school population...has nothing to do with trying to win championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He definitely doesn’t know with an absurd statement like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset, GC, Farmingdale and Massapequa top 4 teams in Nassau this year. Big gap between these 4 and any others.

This is more realistic GC, Southside, Farmingdale, Manhasset, Pequa. then your gap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa should run threw Nassau Conference 1. i think Fdale is there only challenge. There only weakness is at Fogo, however they have a junior showing promise. if the kid can can go 50% or better they will be ok. They have by far the best middies a solid LSM and a good D and Atatck. Will See.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know that's not how it works right? Division is based on school population...has nothing to do with trying to win championships.
Exactly! Stunnads have no idea how the schools are grouped. Look it up on Section 8 website. It's also not an fair comparison to say a school with 1000 kids has a better team than a school of 600. I would hope they do. Geography, demographics, population and traditional sports in those towns play a big part of it as well. Some schools that dominated in the 80's and 90's can barely field teams anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious. How many D1 commits do the top public schools have? Looking for team specific numbers, if possible.

Manhasset going undefeated this year. Only team on LI that can beat them is St. A’s.

Other teams that they historically play who might beat them this coming year: Chaminade, Garden City, Darien, Cold Spring Harbor.

What are you talking about Manhasset going undefeated ?? Besides fogo you graduated all your good offensive players. 2024 class not so good.

Don't count them out, hear they're calling up a few PAL kids to make up for the lost production. You heard it here first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't count them out, hear they're calling up a few PAL kids to make up for the lost production. You heard it here first

Manhasset kids posting on here is good fun...learned from their daddies and mommys who have been trolling these pages for years. Even CSH doesn't do it as much!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the winter league at Stony Brook look?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good way to keep the stick in the hands and play competitive games prior to spring but they should have an A and B division so less blowouts. Live stream is great, commentary needs improvement. Playoffs on a holiday weekend also not the best idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good way to keep the stick in the hands and play competitive games prior to spring but they should have an A and B division so less blowouts. Live stream is great, commentary needs improvement. Playoffs on a holiday weekend also not the best idea.

Agreed, how about a 516 and 631 league with JV and Varsity? Can't listen to these two talk about the next coming to Jim Brown as he is playing against a 9th grader from Yaphank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, how about a 516 and 631 league with JV and Varsity? Can't listen to these two talk about the next coming to Jim Brown as he is playing against a 9th grader from Yaphank.

Guess you never heard about the volume button. It’s great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

How does Inside Lacrosse assign stars to the player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of fun. Everybody enjoyed the competition with very good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

It represents a combination of Ty Xanders personal opinion and natural bias toward MD prep kids, and the frequency in which he sees a particular player. If he doesn’t see/evaluate a player, player has no shot at making his rankings (obviously). He doesn’t get to any LI games unless it’s playoff games. If your kid gets to a playoff game or two, that could be huge, if he does well. Conversely, Ty goes to a lot of MD prep games and know the landscape they’re intimately, which gives those players a huge leg up on anyone outside of MD. Hey. It’s lacrosse. Nothing is fair and equitable. Absolutely nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College lacrosse players are now getting meaningful NIL money. 10k-20k per year and more. Google it. It’s changing recruiting.

Correct.Some teams taking full advantage of it, while others don’t even touch it. With NIL $’s, the coaches are no longer limited by the 12.5 scholarships per team. It’s a total game changer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It represents a combination of Ty Xanders personal opinion and natural bias toward MD prep kids, and the frequency in which he sees a particular player. If he doesn’t see/evaluate a player, player has no shot at making his rankings (obviously). He doesn’t get to any LI games unless it’s playoff games. If your kid gets to a playoff game or two, that could be huge, if he does well. Conversely, Ty goes to a lot of MD prep games and know the landscape they’re intimately, which gives those players a huge leg up on anyone outside of MD. Hey. It’s lacrosse. Nothing is fair and equitable. Absolutely nothing.

Ty saw my kid once and gave him a very high Eval rating that he very rarely gives out. Based on only that score, he should be a 5 star, comparatively speaking. But he never saw my son play again. So he gave him an unranked 4 stars. That how it works. Not really that big of a deal when all said and done. My son got a great offer from a great school and program, since any self respecting college coach will do their own evaluations. That said, a higher ranking would definitely had a big impact. Moral of the story: Does the IL ranking matter to college coaches? Most definitely. But it’s also not the end all, either. Coaches will do their due diligence. Having the NLF rankings definitely helps to give an additional perspective on the players. And the NLF doesn’t have the MD bias that Ty has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ty saw my kid once and gave him a very high Eval rating that he very rarely gives out. Based on only that score, he should be a 5 star, comparatively speaking. But he never saw my son play again. So he gave him an unranked 4 stars. That how it works. Not really that big of a deal when all said and done. My son got a great offer from a great school and program, since any self respecting college coach will do their own evaluations. That said, a higher ranking would definitely had a big impact. Moral of the story: Does the IL ranking matter to college coaches? Most definitely. But it’s also not the end all, either. Coaches will do their due diligence. Having the NLF rankings definitely helps to give an additional perspective on the players. And the NLF doesn’t have the MD bias that Ty has.

NLF has a Matt Chandick bias and you need to put money in his pocket to get ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NLF has a Matt Chandick bias and you need to put money in his pocket to get ranked.

They are all taking money for rankings in one way or another LILJ, NLF, USCL, IL, you name it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ is the absolute worst especially for boys ....they don't watch and evaluate anyone . I have seen it firsthand . Waste of time and money . Not sure how they handle girls but for the boys it's complete nonsense and a waste of time .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The IL ranking does NOT matter one bit to a college coach. Lmao.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely disagree. Rankings matter for exposure and so does the club your son plays for. And the NLF rankings always seem to be tilted. For example, if the best player in the class did not play for an NLF club, would he be the #1 in the NLF rankings? He would be in In the Inside Lacrosse rankings. Yes they cover Maryland a lot more, but they are at least club agnostic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately that’s a wrong take. Having a relative who is an AD Assistant, I asked this exact question and the response was rankings/stars matter. It doesn’t matter from the perspective of performance when the team is winning (and maybe to the coach who sees the player first hand) but when not winning the first question asked is are you getting the top players or comparable players at comparable schools and the AD’s in all sports use rankings and stars. For them it is virtually impossible to be on top of every sport and every player their team brings in so when they are playing mediocre or not up to expectations the question being asked to coaches is what are the rankings of the players being brought in or how many stars. They ADs need a comparison to see why x team is successful and why they are not. Again, we all know that stars are not indicative performance just like an SAT score is not indicative of academic performance but at the end of the day ADs want results and winning teams and when they are not they look to rankings and stars as an potential indicator of why. Just reporting an answer to a question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop the BS. There is no ideal algorithm here. It’s not science. It’s opinion which is based only on the players that are evaluated and how many times they have been evaluated. Xanders lives in MD and is an x-prep school kid, so he spends more time in MD than outside MD. Prob like prep school kids since he was one. Chandiks is more tied to the northeast,!lives in the NE, so spends more time with NE teams. If your kid lives in the NE, it’s more likely that he will be seen far more by Chandik than Xander. Based on that, he should get a more fair/accurate Eval by Chandik, than Xander. Of course, that’s based on the assumption that both Chandik and Xander are equally competent evaluators. Rankings aren’t perfect. No where close. They just give a basic framework of talent, but even that isn’t accurate. After sayin all that, one might assume that, if they aren’t at all accurate, then they can’t be too important. Unfortunately, that’s false. While rankings aren’t the end-all, and coaches will usually do their own due diligence on their recruits, these rankings are hugely important in the recruiting process, from my experience. They very literally mean big scholarship bucks and admission to elite schools. Yes, they create huge demand for top players which equals big time opportunities, scholarship and NIL dollars and the potential of long term high paying employment after graduation.

Like Reply Quote
Page 245 of 264 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard