SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#40467 - 09/08/13 08:22 AM Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization  
CageSage Offline
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Legacy and Riptide Merger Announcement

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#40470 - 09/08/13 08:37 AM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: CageSage]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Big news! And pretty interesting timing. This now the club to watch over the next year.

Best of luck!

ps - whats the club name?

Top Reply Quote
#40473 - 09/08/13 09:03 AM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  
CageSage Offline
Back of THE CAGE
CageSage  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big news! And pretty interesting timing. This now the club to watch over the next year.

Best of luck!

This revised club will operate under the Legacy Lacrosse name with a new logo/brand already launched on their web site.

Top Reply Quote
#40474 - 09/08/13 09:09 AM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: CageSage]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by CageSage

Best of luck!

This revised club will operate under the Legacy Lacrosse name with a new logo/brand already launched on their web site.

Top Reply Quote
#40475 - 09/08/13 09:13 AM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: CageSage]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, this just blows up everything. At 2021 with two teams combining how many spots will be available to outsiders ?

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#40486 - 09/08/13 10:21 AM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, this just blows up everything. At 2021 with two teams combining how many spots will be available to outsiders ?

Outsiders? I think they have been clear that every spot open. Now I am not naive - do the coaches - know kids that have played for them better - yes. But I find it hard to believe that they would not take the best 20-22 player they see.

Top Reply Quote
#40494 - 09/08/13 12:14 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Outsiders? I think they have been clear that every spot open. Now I am not naive - do the coaches - know kids that have played for them better - yes. But I find it hard to believe that they would not take the best 20-22 player they see.

I hope every spot is open and goes to the most deserved player.

Top Reply Quote
#40507 - 09/08/13 03:19 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too many more questions. What happens to the Riptide coaches? What happens to the entire teams at multiple age levels that just went poof? Curious timing with upcoming tryouts. This is may be good solely for Legacy but is not good for the players or club lacrosse landscape. RIP RIPtide. Nassau county keeps adding programs and suffolk just lost another one.

Top Reply Quote
#40510 - 09/08/13 05:03 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: CageSage]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Riptide was not one of the most Elite Programs nor were their coaches, so this is a good thing for those coming from Riptide I think, and I have no ties to either program.

Top Reply Quote
#40512 - 09/08/13 05:48 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Riptide was not one of the most Elite Programs nor were their coaches, so this is a good thing for those coming from Riptide I think, and I have no ties to either program.

The parents and players on Riptide were extremely happy. Now instead of the Parisi being included it the tuition I will have to pay extra with Legacy. Instead of the $995 I can pay $1495 plus extra for winter league, spring league, winter training. This seems like a great way for Zummo to get the best EI and Islip players that play for Riptide but it seems like a horrible deal for Riptide parents and people who were planning on trying out for Riptide. Convenient though that they announce the merge after people have paid for BOTH teams tryouts. Way to go Zummo!

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#40516 - 09/08/13 06:25 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too many more questions. What happens to the Riptide coaches? What happens to the entire teams at multiple age levels that just went poof? Curious timing with upcoming tryouts. This is may be good solely for Legacy but is not good for the players or club lacrosse landscape. RIP RIPtide. Nassau county keeps adding programs and suffolk just lost another one.

Nassau keeps watering down the club scene fighting to keep kids in their program. This just helped suffolk/nassau to have 2 groups combine to compete against the powerhouses. Lets give it a year and see how it goes. It worked for 91 when they absorbed organizations I bet it will work here. Good Luck to all involved.

Top Reply Quote
#40518 - 09/08/13 06:32 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agree, will have the best coaches and players from each organization. Teams and coaching will greatly improve.

Top Reply Quote
#40526 - 09/08/13 07:02 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least we do not have to see those hideous green and orange jerseys anymore.

Top Reply Quote
#40535 - 09/08/13 07:56 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Legacy
Unregistered

The parents and players on Riptide were extremely happy. Now instead of the Parisi being included it the tuition I will have to pay extra with Legacy. Instead of the $995 I can pay $1495 plus extra for winter league, spring league, winter training. This seems like a great way for Zummo to get the best EI and Islip players that play for Riptide but it seems like a horrible deal for Riptide parents and people who were planning on trying out for Riptide. Convenient though that they announce the merge after people have paid for BOTH teams tryouts. Way to go Zummo!

We wanted to take the time to address some of your concerns:

1. Tryouts - If a player was registered for both tryouts they will receive a refund for one of them.

2. Parisi Speed School is still going to be included.

3. The coaching staffs from Riptide will become a part of legacy.

4. Legacy / Riptide have adjusted there team fee to help accommodate everyone. It is now $1300. Which includes Helmet, Gloves, Uniform, Bag, Practice Jersey,socks and t-shirt. All items that were either not offered or charged extra for. No Hidden Costs.

5. The only thing included in the old $995 tuition - was the tournaments, t-shirt, spring/summer pracrices and parisi. Everything else was done on a team by team basis and cost extra.

The merge was meant to help all the kids and be able to offer them a program that will help them grow as players.

Top Reply Quote
#40536 - 09/08/13 07:58 PM Re: Legacy Lacrosse and Riptide Lacrosse Merge into One Organization [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Every Player gets the same opportunity. If your son is good enough to make the team he will be on the team.

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle By The Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams