BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where would you rank the rest of those teams? Is S2S looped in with that group as well?
I’m only aware of one HOCO team S2S played and it wasn’t pretty. They’re a hoco B team (though better than C).
Could any LI team play in hoco at this point? Maybe their best team could duke it out with crabs for 6th best?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and Rebels top teams would both battle for first place with Hawks, Madlax, and Next Level. Any of those 5 teams could beat any of the others on any given day, many already have defeated one another.

91, Express, and Legacy as currently constructed would not be competitive in the AAA HoCo division. We all expect that to change, as historical examples of both 91 & Express show they attract the top talent headed toward middle school years. It will be interesting to see if Igloo and Rebels can break this trend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are igloo and/or rebels playing in Next Level early spring tournament? NAL in summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are igloo and/or rebels playing in Next Level early spring tournament? NAL in summer?
Igloo will be at NAL. Don't think Rebels get invited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels do not get invited to NAL or NLF.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would you rank the rest of those teams? Is S2S looped in with that group as well?
I’m only aware of one HOCO team S2S played and it wasn’t pretty. They’re a hoco B team (though better than C).
Could any LI team play in hoco at this point? Maybe their best team could duke it out with crabs for 6th best?

No. Unfortunately the LI 9yr olds can't compete against the MD 11yr olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 years old is on age for 4th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 & 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stealth and whatever the top Igloo team is called should play in HoCo. There’s 5 teams and then a bunch of AA teams vying to fill out AAA. Make it happen!

Are you saying that our LI clubs should leave to join your MD HoCo?

Don't waste your time. The LI teams better skilled but they are also 1-2 years younger than all the MD kids.

I have heard rumors of kids being held back or starting late and being older. Are you saying these MD kids are 11-12? LOL!! My son is still 9 until until spring of next year and on a 2031. Am I doing it wrong?

In Maryland if you are born after 7/1 You are then in the following years class. New York is 12/1 most states it’s 9/1. So if a kid is born July 10th and the parents hold him back for Kindergarten. Then he will be 2 years older than a lot of the kids in NY This is becoming a more common practice

NY is Septmeber 1st, when did the LI lax parent get so sensitive? 31 teams, in Maryland and NY have boys that turned 10 this fall/winter, and boys that will turn 10 next spring.
https://www.nassau.k12.fl.us/Page/2962#:~:text=Kindergarten%3A%20A%20child%20five%20(5,child%20has%20satisfactorily%20completed%20kindergarten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone can enter NAL. They want your money. NLF even allows non NLF teams to play in their tournaments

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False. Not anyone can enter NAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels have been invited to both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stealth and whatever the top Igloo team is called should play in HoCo. There’s 5 teams and then a bunch of AA teams vying to fill out AAA. Make it happen!

Don't waste your time. The LI teams better skilled but they are also 1-2 years younger than all the MD kids.

I have heard rumors of kids being held back or starting late and being older. Are you saying these MD kids are 11-12? LOL!! My son is still 9 until until spring of next year and on a 2031. Am I doing it wrong?

In Maryland if you are born after 7/1 You are then in the following years class. New York is 12/1 most states it’s 9/1. So if a kid is born July 10th and the parents hold him back for Kindergarten. Then he will be 2 years older than a lot of the kids in NY This is becoming a more common practice

NY is Septmeber 1st, when did the LI lax parent get so sensitive? 31 teams, in Maryland and NY have boys that turned 10 this fall/winter, and boys that will turn 10 next spring.
https://www.nassau.k12.fl.us/Page/2962#:~:text=Kindergarten%3A%20A%20child%20five%20(5,child%20has%20satisfactorily%20completed%20kindergarten.
By the time the season rolls around, hoco kids will be 13 and LI kids will be 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This link is for Nassau County in FLORIDA.
In NY State the cutoff is December 1. That is why it’s commonplace to have a year or more difference between kids in NY vs Maryland DC and Virginia in the same grade.. on top of that some people hold their kids back in the DMV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This link is for Nassau County in FLORIDA.
In NY State the cutoff is December 1. That is why it’s commonplace to have a year or more difference between kids in NY vs Maryland DC and Virginia in the same grade.. on top of that some people hold their kids back in the DMV.

The vast majority are held back for sure.
These are the people that really run club lacrosse and the real reason we have grade vs age.
Lets not kid ourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a top hoco team and they don’t have a single holdback. There are others that do.

Speaking of hoco, I hear rebels is setting up shop in DMV *this* season. Where are they going to pull players from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th graders should be 9/10 yrs old.
If they are older, they are a holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But by the time the season starts, the expected, non-holdback age is probably 9.8+. Leave it to LI parents to believe all their boys are underage, wunderkind prodigies.

4th grade on age = 10. If you want to talk about 11 yo in 4th grade, I’m all for it. But this 9 bs is just an excuse for losing to hoco teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But by the time the season starts, the expected, non-holdback age is probably 9.8+. Leave it to LI parents to believe all their boys are underage, wunderkind prodigies.

4th grade on age = 10. If you want to talk about 11 yo in 4th grade, I’m all for it. But this 9 bs is just an excuse for losing to hoco teams.

Read the US lacrosse age classification. What does it say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels have been invited to both
WRONG AGAIN!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse uses 1 September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read the US lacrosse age classification. What does it say?
I haven’t really thought about reading it because my son and the rest of his team aren’t hold backs. They’re all normal 4th graders. I think a few of the kids are still 9 rn. But they’ll be 10 soon enough.

The point though was that 10 is 4th grade age. 9.8ish if you’re trying to get cute. Your LI kids are not some underage mutant lax prodigies like your egos want to believe. Just be proud they’re on age and on competitive teams like Igloo and Rebels. There are other hoco teams which have some “pre-first” graduates on their squads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son is a very good lax player, 2031. Plays for a competitor of Rebels...and I wouldn't let him anywhere near Rebels A team. The coaches are the most obnoxious, condescending POS I've seen, and I've been around youth lax for 15 years. They have some great players, no doubt. But those coaches? No, thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son is a very good lax player, 2031. Plays for a competitor of Rebels...and I wouldn't let him anywhere near Rebels A team. The coaches are the most obnoxious, condescending POS I've seen, and I've been around youth lax for 15 years. They have some great players, no doubt. But those coaches? No, thanks.

They’ve made some good changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Rebels and Iglioo playing some scrimmages. Two of top 5 teams in country, that’s refreshing. Win , win for kids, and that’s what matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the breaking news…did you let IL know? Ima ire they’ll make it a cover story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a top hoco team and they don’t have a single holdback. There are others that do.

Speaking of hoco, I hear rebels is setting up shop in DMV *this* season. Where are they going to pull players from?

How about you bring your hoco teams up to LI on the 4-5hr drive and play in our tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you be more specific?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels play too physical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels play too physical

Lol - Im not sure if you are being facetious nut my boy is on the Single A team and I will say in all the training they emphasize the importance of being physical but not drawing penalties. If someone checks or hits a helmet they typically will stop practice to point it out or a coach will make a point of it during a water break.

I will say they also play up on all their practices. AA 2031 Stealth plays AA 2030 Aces and A 2031 Riot plays A 2030 Blaze both in routines and drills as well as scrimmages so there's a level of consistency IMO within the organization that we did not see in other Orgs. I guess it will help us when we play the Hoco's as they apparently have 11 year olds haha.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are 66-3 since last spring. They [Censored], I get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still haven't seen an agreed upon birthdate marker, is it September, December, or a different date?

What incentive do club owners have to adopt this model, they currently get up to 12 years worth payments from families who would only have to spend 10 years worth in new model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still haven't seen an agreed upon birthdate marker, is it September, December, or a different date?

What incentive do club owners have to adopt this model, they currently get up to 12 years worth payments from families who would only have to spend 10 years worth in new model.

NLF has already agreed to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What date did NLF agree to use?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone can enter NAL. They want your money. NLF even allows non NLF teams to play in their tournaments

First off not everyone can enter either. They are both exclusive and the tournament directors have the right to disallow anyone. Secondly the Rebels stealth is one of the most competitive teams in the country. Big tournament would never deny them from playing as it would saturate their product. The best teams at every age level can get into whatever tournaments they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard another tourney same weekend of NAL that’s better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels will never get invited to NAL nor NLF. That's why their best kids will leave by 5th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels will never get invited to NAL nor NLF. That's why their best kids will leave by 5th grade

Care to explain why? Right now Igloo and Rebels are clearly the best at this age group and it is not close. Why would a tournament not invite 2 of the best teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Care to explain why? Right now Igloo and Rebels are clearly the best at this age group and it is not close. Why would a tournament not invite 2 of the best teams?

I agree. Igloo and Rebels are the best out there. The statement about them leaving by 5th grade was probably made by a HOCO dad or coach propagandist to bring solid competition for his 11 year olds. I say we form like Voltron and just this one time bring Igloo and Rebels to create Rebgloo and whoop some 11 year old HOCO kids jkjk.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard