BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Re: Boys 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some good competition down in Florida Club Nationals. Games started today. Should get heated up with all the games tomorrow!!

I love how everyone falls in love with these tournament names " club nationals " lol.....how is it a club national when some of the top clubs aren't even represented? And the best is not everything is a showcase in the winter even for 8th graders . What the " showcases " is nothing more than a [Censored] clinic at this point . So let's relax with the " club nationals " and " showcase " talk. You're just falling in line to shell out some money over the winter for the people who run these things .

Well said.
They should also just call it the holdback club nationals.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha....go take a look at tourney machine . " Club national " event in Florida and a " club world championship "in Texas at the same time . These tournament guys are too much. All of these " national " and " world championship " events when if you look at the brackets there are some horrible horrible B level teams there . And of course the parents shelles out the money because it sounds special and they can post it all.over the place that their son was at a " national ' event whan in fact that are far from it . All they need to add now is " college bound national showcase " for 7th graders and we are all set .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good competition down in Florida Club Nationals. Games started today. Should get heated up with all the games tomorrow!!

I love how everyone falls in love with these tournament names " club nationals " lol.....how is it a club national when some of the top clubs aren't even represented? And the best is not everything is a showcase in the winter even for 8th graders . What the " showcases " is nothing more than a [Censored] clinic at this point . So let's relax with the " club nationals " and " showcase " talk. You're just falling in line to shell out some money over the winter for the people who run these things .

Well said.
They should also just call it the holdback club nationals.

Spot on. Most of those teams are stinkers. People spend a ton for these nonsense " National tournaments..smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next will be " the real national world championship tournament" followed by the " real national world showcase for 5th grade and up " lol....these guys are ridiculous and the parents are even worse posting slow mo videos on Instagram of their son looking really good when in fact the kid was cut 3 times and ia now on their 4th team . Come on now . And then of course as has been discussed at length on this thread , the videos come out of the reclass kids dominating kids younger than them lol...yes yes a real stand out ok layer ...let's go to the video tape lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posted this in the 25s

Lax truths

Love reading these forums and the variety of opinions. Some are very helpful and some are laughable. Having been through the process, here are what I believe, to me, tone the “truths” and by truth, it applies to the bell curve majority. Disclaimer: these truths are really just opinion and you know what they say about people with opinions…

1. Many parents are trying to live vicariously through their children. Thus they don’t make the best lax decisions because they are doing it for themselves md not their kids but they still try to justify it.
2. I’ve seen the majority of lax parents make a lax decision for their college choice, not an academic decision, which is a short term decision with long term consequences
3. The vast majority of successful lacrosse players are reclass / PG. Period. It works. But not for all….
4. …as those successful players that reclassed are not representative of the true outcomes of most the holdbacks. The majority end up not at duke or the ivies. People need to look at the people who delayed college by 1-3 years and ended up exactly where they would have been had they not held back. That is where the majority of holdbacks end up, back at square 1 or square 2, not square 100 like everyone believes they end up.
5. Lacrosse is finite. Anybody who dreams of making a living out of playing lacrosse should consider a different career path
6. Stop comparing lacrosse success to basketball and football success. It shows you just want to be a wannabe in a niche sport. Those NIL deals are not for you. And don’t use a Georgia qb as the gold standard for being closer to 30 then 20 years old as the dream we should be chasing.
7. See #4 for football and basketball as again, we only see the successes and not the majority of the people who don’t go on to succeed.
8. Holdbacks are not illegal. They are allowed.
9. Holdbacks are a [Censored] way to get ahead in life. Can’t succeed in your own grade? Go ahead and beat up on kids younger than you. You can use “holding back” to get ahead in life at this stage in your life but that “get out of jail card” is a one time use only. You can’t use a holdback to solve all your deficiencies; it usually just hides them. But everyone who holds back and ended up not succeeded has always found a way to justify their holdback and come up with some reason why it was good. No one has enough courage to say it was a mistake. Lacrosse rewards those who cannot compete in their own grade but it should be the other way around. If you want your kid to get better , play you, not down.
10. The majority of holdbacks don’t go on to UNC, Virginia, duke and ivies. See #4
11. Lacrosse is quickly becoming an niche sport that caters to the wealthy. Equity is becoming a huge problem.
12. Club lacrosse is a business. They do not care about your recruitment unless it benefits them
13. College and club lacrosse are the chokepoints of what is ruining lacrosse. They want older kids because they are more mature, faster and stronger and will do anything to get them. That’s why they want holdbacks.
14. No no one cares about club lacrosse in high school. Check the 2022-2024 forums. No one posted in them because no one cares
15. Prospect days are purely a way for coaches to make money, unless you are actually invited
16. Speaking of making money, showcases are also in it to make money
17. Guess what? There’s nothing wrong with making money. But don’t fall prey to every event that spams you with an email inviting you to super duper future phenoms apex first class 1% all american showcase. Chose your events carefully. Avoid most with an “all star” team. Use these events to get film.
18. To get recruited you will have to do the dirty work and get yourself exposed at some of these money making showcases and prospect days. Make film, contact coaches and teams and most of all be good because that is what you are eventually going to be judged on
19. #18 is a farce. The best way into college is through connections. I hope your high school coach or if you are lucky enough to have a club coach that cares, has those connections
20. There is nothing wrong with playing lacrosse in college. Do it to have fun. And don’t think for a moment that yiu can’t play play lacrosse in college. There are 75 d2 and 175 d3 schools all with spots available. That being said, see point #2
21. If you are pretty good then you can play d1. Everybody thinks d1 is unobtainable but there are plenty of d1 schools that are not that good that you can play at but…see point# 22
22. However don’t play d1 just for the sake of saying you played d1. You are much better off at a NESCAc or centennial d3 school then saying you played for Wagner hampton NJIT VMi sacred heart clevelandst vmi bellarmine Siena Detroitmercy LIU Manhattan etc. you get what I’m saying. The bottom 33 of lacrosse d1 are not that good and academically maybe not the strongest.
23. D2 is a good option but they are not the strongest academically
24. The majority of lax players go into finance. You want to go to a school with good education and good connections. And for goodness sake, when being recruited it is much better to say you are undecided then say anything in STEM. Many coaches don’t want students who study STEM. They want athletes.
25. Good luck being recruited if you play defense. They are the hardest to get recruited. Coaches want goalies, fogo, attackmen first. Then middies. Then LSM and SSDM and then dpoles last. The prospect days always seem to have too many dpoles and not enough middies.
26. If you are truly a superstar in the sport, then almost none of this applies to you. The rest of you? This is all “truth”
27. No matter where you go to school it will end up fine as soon as you stop chasing the lacrosse dream. Enjoy this time with your kids. It’s supposed to be fun. And please stop living vicariously through your kids. A wise man said don’t let lacrosse use you, you use lacrosse.

Remember this does not apply to everyone, it applies to the bell curve majority. Congrats to the few who beat the system or are lucky outliers. My condolences to those who spent 1-3 years reclassing and chasing a dream and missed out future income and personal growth. And yes, my two kids were not holdbacks and are doing perfectly fine playing lacrosse in college.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#realstudsdontreclass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth. #realstudsplayup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#realstudsdontreclass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seems to be some class resentment in the reclass debate. Not every parent can afford it and that causes some jealousy. Reclassing is an advantage on the field, just like being rich is an advantage off the field. But you can't buy class, happiness, or speed. The best players will get recruited in HS, regardless of age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until the spring when the tournament directors ask for age based competition and require birth certificates as suggested by us lax. There are going to be some reclass/holdback kids sitting on the sidelines watching either the 2027 team or having to go to 2026 and never seeing the field lol....lose lose in my opinion. And yes , as if this coming spring if tournament directors follow the suggestions of us lax then they can and will ask for biirth certificates for age based as they can run the tournament how they see fit and I'm sure there will be at least a few tournaments that will take advantage of this new recommendation

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until the spring when the tournament directors ask for age based competition and require birth certificates as suggested by us lax. There are going to be some reclass/holdback kids sitting on the sidelines watching either the 2027 team or having to go to 2026 and never seeing the field lol....lose lose in my opinion. And yes , as if this coming spring if tournament directors follow the suggestions of us lax then they can and will ask for biirth certificates for age based as they can run the tournament how they see fit and I'm sure there will be at least a few tournaments that will take advantage of this new recommendation

Don’t see how they could enforce these rules with tournaments already paid for along with club tuitions, club directors would lose their minds. I’d expect these changes to be made going into next season. Also, if what I’m hearing is accurate the age window will be broader than you’d think. It would eliminate the double holdbacks but not the kids who would be on the edge of traditional age cutoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did you hear? How does it eliminate only double holdbacks. What are the guidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With US Lacrosse taking an official stance on move to age base, Clubs and Tournament Directors will follow. If Clubs and Tournaments Directors don’t follow, they open themselves to liability. They won’t want to risk their organization or income over a few holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse met with NLF and agreed on age based lacrosse Fall 2023-Summer 2024. All NLF events will be age based. Remember all the NLF teams and their affiliates are some big names in club lacrosse:
Crabs
HHH
Leading Edge
Team 91
LI Express
Laxachusetts
Denver Elite
Eclipse
Primetime
Madlax
Resolute
Thunder
Sweetlax
West Coast Starz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback/reclass dads are shaking right now ....calling up the directors that recommended reclassing and saying " is this right ? Did you know this ? What did you do to us ? Can we have a refund ? " Lololol..

#realstudsdontreclass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s no way Crabs agreed to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s no way Crabs agreed to this.

They don’t need 100% of NLF members to agree in order to make a change.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...cation-is-coming-to-youth-lacrosse/60381

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse met with NLF and agreed on age based lacrosse Fall 2023-Summer 2024. All NLF events will be age based. Remember all the NLF teams and their affiliates are some big names in club lacrosse:
Crabs
HHH
Leading Edge
Team 91
LI Express
Laxachusetts
Denver Elite
Eclipse
Primetime
Madlax
Resolute
Thunder
Sweetlax
West Coast Starz

All Team 91 LI teams have little to no hold backs (some teams /grades have absolutely zero). And they are the very best team in the grade, more often than not. Not arguable. Can’t wait to see how they OBLITERATE these holdback teams, when they don’t have any holdbacks, which was the only thing that enabled them to be remotely competitive.

Think about that.

The best team in every grade, now will play every other team, only these teams won’t have any of their best players. Most will be made up of all new players who are a year younger. 91 Long Island teams will be the ONLY elite team at every grade, followed by the Express LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs
HHH
Leading Edge
Team 91
LI Express
Laxachusetts
Denver Elite
Eclipse
Primetime
Madlax
Resolute
Thunder
Sweetlax
West Coast Starz

All Team 91 LI teams have little to no hold backs (some teams /grades have absolutely zero). And they are the very best team in the grade, more often than not. Not arguable. Can’t wait to see how they OBLITERATE these holdback teams, when they don’t have any holdbacks, which was the only thing that enabled them to be remotely competitive.

Think about that.

The best team in every grade, now will play every other team, only these teams won’t have any of their best players. Most will be made up of all new players who are a year younger. 91 Long Island teams will be the ONLY elite team at every grade, followed by the Express LI teams.

Facts...and its not even just 91'. The other LI clubs will win substantially more now as well with the change.
Lacrosse is going back to the middle class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you actually reading the article? First of all, I don’t think any definitive decision has been made and most importantly, this will likely not apply to high school. Even if it is implemented, these boys will be in high school by then so it won’t apply to them.

I can see the younger ages getting excited by this news but the shop has sailed for this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you actually reading the article? First of all, I don’t think any definitive decision has been made and most importantly, this will likely not apply to high school. Even if it is implemented, these boys will be in high school by then so it won’t apply to them.

I can see the younger ages getting excited by this news but the shop has sailed for this age group.

Correct

This is mainly being driven by 91LI. Anyone else see the part about it being voted on by all NLF teams ? Last I checked all of the other NLF teams are heavily laden with reclasses. Do you think it will get voted through? I have doubts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

This is mainly being driven by 91LI. Anyone else see the part about it being voted on by all NLF teams ? Last I checked all of the other NLF teams are heavily laden with reclasses. Do you think it will get voted through? I have doubts.

Me too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF directors have not been shy about their willingness to go ahead based . Last season they already installed " grade based tournament" where the holdbacks weren't allowed to participate. This year I'm sure after reclassing and being in the " same grade " they will move forward with age based tournament. We will see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF directors have not been shy about their willingness to go ahead based . Last season they already installed " grade based tournament" where the holdbacks weren't allowed to participate. This year I'm sure after reclassing and being in the " same grade " they will move forward with age based tournament. We will see

It still won’t apply to this age group. According to the article at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you're a tournament director it could apply to any age group you choose . It's your tournament and you make the rules . We will see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you're a tournament director it could apply to any age group you choose . It's your tournament and you make the rules . We will see

Yes but we are referring to this article and it says that it won’t apply to high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of high school....if you're a reclass because you didn't play on your on age team and felt the need to reclass....what happens let's say you choose to go to st Anthony's ? Now you're back in the same pool of kids who were playing with your " on age " team and you were on the sidelines . Do you think that you're going to play in high school when you couldn't even hang with those same kids on your club team ? I doubt it . You can't hide so once you mix back up in high school you'll be back on the sidelines again until senior year lol.....fools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed which is why I’m not sure we talk about holdback so much. Especially at this age group. It’s time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like there were some decent matchups at Sandstorm this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like you’re the only who cares. How’d your son do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not quite sure why you have to be nasty but my son did well. It’s MLK day, try to practice some kindness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not quite sure why you have to be nasty but my son did well. It’s MLK day, try to practice some kindness.

It's MLK day.. Let me brag about how awesome by son is...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was bragging. You asked how he did I said well. Let’s not lie. Anyway it seems that you weren’t there. For those that were there, I thought the teams played well and there were some good matchups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was bragging. You asked how he did I said well. Let’s not lie. Anyway it seems that you weren’t there. For those that were there, I thought the teams played well and there were some good matchups.

Looks to me from the results that s2s went to play with the big boys and got spanked . Those 2 wins were against bad teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it worth it to fly all the way to Cali to beat two mediocre teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the mediocre teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like S2S hung with everyone except maybe ADVNC. And ADVNC was probably the only top 10 team in the 2027 division. Kings, Texas Nationals and Nation United are solid top 20-ish teams in attendance. I don't know what S2S expectations were, but seems like a decent outing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like S2S hung with everyone except maybe ADVNC. And ADVNC was probably the only top 10 team in the 2027 division. Kings, Texas Nationals and Nation United are solid top 20-ish teams in attendance. I don't know what S2S expectations were, but seems like a decent outing.

I guess the bar is very low at s2s "hung with everyone ".... congratulations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another no knowing lacrosse dad pretzel!!!

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard