BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like this question was answered today in Delaware. Kidd is the new #1 Yellow jackets 2028.

They need to cut out all the side deals and really take the top girls from each team and make a real number 1 team. Too many girls on maget who don’t belong there but girls on Kidd who should be on there and would HELP them. Unless they just don’t want to go. Either way, the talent is dispersed between the two teams.

Sounds like an excuse for why both YJ teams aren't very good.

I'd expect some consolidation to YJ Blue next year. I'd expect 7-9 girls on the current Bert/Maget team to be cut or moved to another team and a couple other girls to be moved to defense (which is a MAJOR weakness) on the team.

wait, parents on this team were comparing themselves to the spalina team just last season and now 9 kids are being cut ?

what happened in less than 6 months ???????

are girls catching up to your holdbacks , seems fishy

9 kids to be cut?! That's quite a stretch. But some consolidation between Nassau and Maget teams may be necessary to create a top 5 team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Kidd want to go to maget. Seems like Kidd is trending up and maget has issues. Why wouldn’t maget players be jumping at the chance to join the better team??

Yj really has some holdbacks??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Kidd want to go to maget. Seems like Kidd is trending up and maget has issues. Why wouldn’t maget players be jumping at the chance to join the better team??

Magets issues are the proverbial magnet that’s eating it’s way through the pockets of the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh? Please explain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh? Please explain?

please dont

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie Dad here- wondering if LI families can tell me what your clubs offer goalies as far as training. Outside of your regular team practice. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Magets issues are the proverbial magnet that’s eating it’s way through the pockets of the team

It's really unavoidable. Can't think of any team whose best player is from out of state and doesn't practice with them that doesn't have any issues. It's the reality of high-end travel.

And I am not suggesting to cut the out of state player -- the team probably wouldn't even be top 20 without her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's really unavoidable. Can't think of any team whose best player is from out of state and doesn't practice with them that doesn't have any issues. It's the reality of high-end travel.

And I am not suggesting to cut the out of state player -- the team probably wouldn't even be top 20 without her.
Who's coaching that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie training. You need to find people on the side. Ask club coaches or school coaches. Plenty of people out there doing private lessons (find someone that played the position). Goaliesmith is great, but pricy. Their camps come around a few times a year. YJ offers some training, but it's extra and geared at younger players. Shooting clinics will sometimes offer free time, but your kid will get banged up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie Dad here- wondering if LI families can tell me what your clubs offer goalies as far as training. Outside of your regular team practice. Thank you

Jester offer goalie training within their own club. The lady who runs it Sam Tilts is an awesome coach

I don’t think yellow jackets offer any goalie training included in their tuition.

Legacy offers free sessions with BO goaltending. I am not sure how many sessions you get.

Not sure what other clubs offer (Liberty etc). Best of luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody doing APEX? Is it worth it at this agonor just a money grab. By worth it I mean training / experience, not exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody doing APEX? Is it worth it at this agonor just a money grab. By worth it I mean training / experience, not exposure.

Like most things at this age, money grab. Focus on individual and small group trainings. I’d say leading into high school focus on exposure and those fancy Instagram posts and those new Jerseys hahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard from another goalie parent, who's daughter is very good, that the APEX camp wasn't worth going to. My daughter has not gone to one.

As a parent of an older goalie, all the camps are mostly reps, even the "best" ones. Goalie camps are really a workout for a goalie, and they may learn a thing or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money. For the same investment you could get some at peast seni private/small group training eith a goalie coach. And be much better for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to jesters and liberty when they merge all the teams. Gotta love devouring teams to be the biggest and then tearing friends, teams, and coaches apart .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t waste time on showcases or nonsense till they get older. Use money for personal training

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t waste time on showcases or nonsense till they get older. Use money for personal training

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you using for training outside of your teams practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Local College kids, former players are good. Goaliesmith camps are great (expensive), usually have about 100+ goalies attend. Remember, you're kid is in 7th grade....don't burn them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys 2028 BOTC forum has a database error.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something is definitely up with that page

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something is definitely up with that page

They pulled down that page and won’t put it back up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American select: which is the best team? And did everyone get out on a team? Hearing some names who made it have me wondering if this is worth the time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American select: which is the best team? And did everyone get out on a team? Hearing some names who made it have me wondering if this is worth the time and money.

Black is the top team. Then Red and then Grey.

Not everyone made a team, but I know lots of girls who are turning down red and grey spots so I think over time, everyone will have a chance.

My opinion is that it's not worth the time or $$. DC tryouts only had 21 girls tryout at this age level and lots of girls from B clubs.

My guess is Maryland will be the only competitive team at this age level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. DC/Maryland had 35/40 girls at Tryouts. Girls from Pride, Next Level, Stars, YJ South,etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not everyone made a team, but I know lots of girls who are turning down red and grey spots so I think over time, everyone will have a chance.

My opinion is that it's not worth the time or $$. DC tryouts only had 21 girls tryout at this age level and lots of girls from B clubs.

Save the money unless you have $700 to burn. Carol will still be able to feed the family. Any event that has tryouts but still makes several teams is simply about the $$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 teams sounds like its very watered down. Most players and parents at this age group know this isn't needed so I don't think you will see a lot of top talent at any of the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 teams sounds like its very watered down. Most players and parents at this age group know this isn't needed so I don't think you will see a lot of top talent at any of the teams.

It isn't needed at the 2025 level either, but that's s different discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s really happening lately I call “instagram teams”. Parents sign up for these things so they can post on Instagram “so proud of my kid xxxxx who made America Select grey team. Your hard work is paying off “. Kids also want to list these things as well.

The organization that has perfected this is LILJ. With the excelsior games, all Long Island teams etc. Remember if you have to pay for a tryout and then pay to compete in the “games” it’s a complete money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It isn't needed at the 2025 level either, but that's s different discussion.

Exactly.

Our club director told our 26s this summer, this is how you should prioritize events for recruiting.

1) Club tourney games
2) Prospect Days (#1 if you are a goalie)
3) Invite-only showcases (Best in Class, UA150)
4) Open showcases (Apex)
5) All-star teams (all-American, American select, Excelsior games)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All-American and American-Select have huge value when the girls are of recruiting age. I've seen the coaches lining the sidelines at both of these events. Excelsior games have value for regional recruiting opportunities, especially at DII &DIII level and outside top 25 D1. Invite only showcases do not get the best players and should not be #3 on list. All of this needs to be put in perspective as well. What works for some kids does not work for all. Elite players who play on Elite teams need to only worry about club tournaments and prospect days. Kids not on top club teams need to do a little more to get exposure if they have their sights set on top 25 schools. Kids who are happy just have an opportunity to play college lacrosse at any level will get that chance just by playing club. The priority should be to properly align your childs ability and college desires. Start there and everything will work out just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All-American and American-Select have huge value when the girls are of recruiting age. I've seen the coaches lining the sidelines at both of these events. Excelsior games have value for regional recruiting opportunities, especially at DII &DIII level and outside top 25 D1. Invite only showcases do not get the best players and should not be #3 on list. All of this needs to be put in perspective as well. What works for some kids does not work for all. Elite players who play on Elite teams need to only worry about club tournaments and prospect days. Kids not on top club teams need to do a little more to get exposure if they have their sights set on top 25 schools. Kids who are happy just have an opportunity to play college lacrosse at any level will get that chance just by playing club. The priority should be to properly align your childs ability and college desires. Start there and everything will work out just fine.

Agreed that every recruiting path is different.

However, when you look at Long Island kids, almost any kid making AS/AA team for this region will be playing at the elite clubs and getting great exposure already. If this was a Tennessee girls lacrosse board, I would agree with you. However, the girls who make these teams are generally the last ones who need exposure. Also, since some local clubs play 5 or 6 tourneys per summer without a break, combined with prospect days, these girls are really tired and it shows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the NGLL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprised how much Jesters beat Liberty. Their match ups in the past were always very close. Seems like Jesters is the #1 on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprised how much Jesters beat Liberty. Their match ups in the past were always very close. Seems like Jesters is the #1 on LI.

What do you think their chances are in the playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth that Coach Sam Tilts will be coaching Igloo 2028 Team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there even an igloo 28 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this trainer/coach you are speaking of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this trainer/coach you are speaking of?

She runs a bunch of training sessions all week long for all kids. A lot of girls like her sessions. That being said she’s on her third organization in 5 years. She went from 91 to jesters and now to igloo.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard